Thanos Snap Food Removal codenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Thanos Snap Food Removal codenut

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636829

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/66063

>Remove roundstart food
>Kill the chef as a changeling
>Force you to eat "vending machine food" that costs credits, doesn't fill up nutrition, and has cool downs on how much you can eat.
>Just trust botany (after they cross pollinate poison berries) and get cargo to buy pizza bro

I see what your doing here. The wool is not over my eyes. By removing food abundance and adding artificial scarcity, the economy finally gains value. We must suffer starving to death in ss13 and in real life too. For this dark immersion is upon us

Call shuttle no food! Someone ate Ian :twisted:
► Show Spoiler
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: Thanos Snap Food Removal codenut

Post by carshalash » #636831

If they do this i'm buffing donuts so you'll be able to make 6 donuts from one pastry base.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636833

As a frequent chef player, good, fuck you all for constantly eating nothing but donuts and donk pockets and ignoring my lovingly made food spreads
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636835

I play chef pretty often, and considering how much of a pain donuts are to make, I'll be sad if I can't access them readily when I make a breakfast joint.
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636836

For real though, absolute win if there are fewer donuts but you can make a bunch of them, easy peasy, as a chef.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #636837

Nah, this is fine. I've seen far more rounds where a cook goes nuts making a ton of shit that nobody touches than ones where people starve because there isn't one.

If there's not a cook, promote someone to be one? Or have botany do both jobs? It's not difficult. The only reason this is being downvoted is that it's how y'all are used to playing.

E: Plus, even if there's no one willing to cook, Cargo can order food.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #636862

Just play moth.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #636864

I had a period where I would get INSANELY high and play chef, wearing the grill dad outfit and the flip flops.

I enjoyed it a lot. Carnivore box is always the best, and I would make stuff in bulk. So the crew, by 20 minutes, would have a great big spread of dozens of burgies, sliced pizzas, xeno and spiderbreads, and by that point I got started on the cakes and pastries. Cranking out a dozen or 2 burgies off rip is so ez.

People who tipped well got the bear burgurs.
carshalash wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 am If they do this i'm buffing donuts so you'll be able to make 6 donuts from one pastry base.
You already should with how people eat donuts and how much of a pain in the ass a cake is to make.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #636876

I have never once seen a round where there was no food available.

I want to experience a round where food scarcity is an actual problem someone has to go solve
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636879

That's sometimes the fun of Tramstation
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #636881

Stickymayhem wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:38 pm I have never once seen a round where there was no food available.

I want to experience a round where food scarcity is an actual problem someone has to go solve
I had a lowpop manuel round a couple of days ago where I spawned in as a midshift botanist on tram
Went into the kitchen and saw a couple of gum packets spread out and decided I should probably try and fix the problem
Started with cheese wheels and progressed to an open bonfire grill with steaks
But seriously lowpop rounds often where there's no chef often turn to shit
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #636885

My only input is that having a no frosted donuts available for certain recipes is bad.

also
Stickymayhem wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:38 pm I have never once seen a round where there was no food available.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #636914

food scarcity is actually bad

world hunger is not a good thing
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #636918

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:20 pm food scarcity is actually bad

lol ok commie
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #636948

From my experience as a chef it has always been weird that the start of the shift is the usual assortment of lads running over for their donuts/donkpockets. I still think that a box starting in the kitchen is good to hold over the tide while you get the real food ready.
carshalash wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:47 am If they do this i'm buffing donuts so you'll be able to make 6 donuts from one pastry base.
Could ya also increase donks made from 1 to 2?
Image Image
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #636986

Stickymayhem wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:25 pm

lol ok commie
fuck off vatnik the holodomor was a deliberate genocide

slava ukraini
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #636995

I know how to make cheese wheels so i'm fine with it
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #636997

Excellent change

Hopefully we can also remove the three spray cleaner bottles from every department in Delta, so the janitor will actually have something to do as well
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #637002

might as well remove half the medikits too so the doctor has more job content - Wait..but what if all of these roles get subverted or put out of commission?

This game is becoming hard mode in front of our eyes
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #637009

Can't wait for robotics round start materials do be removed. They should have to wait for the miners to deliver goods same as everyone else.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #637010

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:04 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:25 pm

lol ok commie
fuck off vatnik the holodomor was a deliberate genocide

slava ukraini
I also do not like the holodomer I've already cancelled it in a scathing 9-part twitter thread thank you very much
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #637101

Literally putting the most food on the smallest maps and the least food on the biggest ones
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #637108

Food shouldnt be important in this game. If your a chef player you should fuck off and go play cooking mama or something
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #637110

I've far more often been barely able to keep up with demand as chef any time I try to cook dishes more complex than plain burger than I've seen tables groaning under piles of food like it used to
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #637111

I love to imagine the crew raiding cargo so they can order pizzas en masse with the station budget
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #637113

I steal the donuts I find lying around as chef to improve my breakfast menu, and I always see donk pockets used mostly for healing than food
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637222

thomanthewise5404 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:49 pm Food shouldnt be important in this game. If your a chef player you should fuck off and go play cooking mama or something
fuck you.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637223

Rageguy505 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:31 pm I steal the donuts I find lying around as chef to improve my breakfast menu, and I always see donk pockets used mostly for healing than food
I make donk pocket pizzas.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #637256

thomanthewise5404 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:49 pm Food shouldnt be important in this game. If your a chef player you should fuck off and go play cooking mama or something
Assistant main.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637316

If you haven't experienced a food shortage you mustn't play the game very often because it happens a lot and it's not fun or interesting to experience. Everybody gets to move around incredibly slowly for 20 minutes until somebody decides to take it upon themselves to fix it. This usually involves getting a pizza crate from cargo, though once I saw somebody use the public garden to grow watermelons.

Nobody wants to take the time out of what they're doing to do somebody else's job for them, and although I've often been the one to order a pizza crate it can be difficult to get the access to the department to do so.

One time somebody directed me to a drink dispenser to get a cup of sugar, which is an oversight I don't see discussed that often but does the trick too. It's not something I usually remember to do if the cook sucks/is absent/is doing tourist bots, though.

The need for all this food sitting around the place is a symptom of how shitty the chef job is, where recipes are tedious to put together, require constant tabbing out to a wiki page and finding things in the crafting menu which are frequently miscategorised (or in "misc") and still doesn't have a search bar. I fucking hate anything that involves mixing reagents as cook, too. Making cake batter can fuck off.

You also have no way of knowing what you should be cooking to keep up with demand, because nothing tells you the nutritive value of what you're making, and usually that thing you spent 5 - 10 minutes putting together is demolished by somebody in a few seconds and is only one of about three things they have to eat to completely refill their nutrition bar.

IRL you have the time taken to make something, the difficulty/complexity and the amount of people it serves written on the recipe. Something comparable, at least on the wiki, to sort recipes by would be useful.That way players could start out with the easy/filling/quick stuff and then move onto more complex and interesting dishes once they have that kind of base amount of food covered.

I know that some people really enjoy the chef gameplay and have no trouble keeping up with demand, and I wish there was some sort of zero bullshit guide on what to make on the wiki so newer players (and people who just don't enjoy Cook despite trying to get into it so have never learned) can keep up with demand too.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #637328

>day after the food snap PR
>chef on manuel decides his gimmick is "i'm going to be a disgusting fat slob and only serve deep fried literal trash"
>nothing to eat but deep fried tin cans and bar stools

based
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #637330

honestly food should probably be rebalanced sometime as a whole but i blew all my gbp on a one line balance change and im lazy
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #637351

Agreed. The more ingredients/complex a recipe is. The longer it should last
► Show Spoiler
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #637544

cooking mama pot minigame pr when......................
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #637553

nianjiilical wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:19 am honestly food should probably be rebalanced sometime as a whole but i blew all my gbp on a one line balance change and im lazy
Someone kind of fucked cooking pretty hard when they added in the grill and oven.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #637554

nianjiilical wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:19 am honestly food should probably be rebalanced sometime as a whole but i blew all my gbp on a one line balance change and im lazy
I once started working on a complex system of evaluating nutriment a food should have based off of the number of ingredients and their rarity, but I got lazy.
► Show Spoiler
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #638035

It IS odd how drinks, which are almost overwhelmingly easier to make than food dishes, have a much wider variety of special effects and traits which interact with them than food does. More food items should have beneficial effects! Make it so that manufacturing a bunch of plain burgers doesn't have the same net effect as planning a lovely five-course meal.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #638036

Valorium wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:59 pm It IS odd how drinks, which are almost overwhelmingly easier to make than food dishes, have a much wider variety of special effects and traits which interact with them than food does. More food items should have beneficial effects! Make it so that manufacturing a bunch of plain burgers doesn't have the same net effect as planning a lovely five-course meal.
Food code is unfortunately, too fucked at the moment.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #638056

Farquaar wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:52 pm
I once started working on a complex system of evaluating nutriment a food should have based off of the number of ingredients and their rarity, but I got lazy.
If you ever feel like picking it up again, I'd be super down.

I've long felt that food's mood buffs, relative to the effort put in, are much too small and too short-lasting when you can generally do almost as well chugging beakers of sugar.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #638127

I agree it does feel punishing to spend time making cool rare and complicated foods only for them to be wolfed down in less than a single hunger bar. Might as well just speedline cheeseburgers and get three times as many people fed
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #638141

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:06 am
Farquaar wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:52 pm
If you ever feel like picking it up again, I'd be super down.

I've long felt that food's mood buffs, relative to the effort put in, are much too small and too short-lasting when you can generally do almost as well chugging beakers of sugar.
Maybe one day. I lost a lot of the work I already did on it though on an old hard drive.
► Show Spoiler