I want more secondary attacks

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

I want more secondary attacks

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #637615

Combat mode has been out for ages now, and we have pretty much jack shit for cool alt-attacks.

Every weapon should have one, it would be badass.

I know I know, Balance concerns. But really, it would be cooler just to add a bunch of shit and then balance it with live testing. Remember to add cooldowns and stuff.

Here are some ideas, most of which have been had before by other people in some form. I would suggest that some of these attacks would have some sort of cost, probably represented by a debuff because are stamina system doesn't really facilitate being used for anything other than a glorified health meter. Also, these should probably be carbon only effects.

Backstab (Example weapon: Combat Knife)

If the target is facing 180 degrees away from you, is laying down, or is buckled, do extra damage (somewhere between 150% and 200%) and stun/stagger them.
Chance to add a puncture wound maybe?

Super Backstab (Example weapon: Energy dagger)

If the target is facing 180 degrees away from you, is laying down, or is buckled, embed the weapon into their torso and do extra damage (somewhere between 150% and 200%)

Puncture (Example weapon: Cult blade, Screwdriver)
An attack that ignores armor. Long cooldown. Maybe does extra damage against armored targets.

Sweep (Example weapon: Energy sword)
Attack everything in the three tiles in front of you, or maybe all the tiles around you except the three on your flank. Or maybe just all the tiles around you.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: I want more secondary attacks

Post by datorangebottle » #637638

when you code it

actually though, would be pretty fun to have more weapons that have cool alternate attacks. Maybe a skillchip of janitor-fu for minor alternate attacks with janitorial gear so the janitor can be robust in a funny and unique way. Give the push broom a minor knockdown, the bucket can be forcefully put on someone's head to temporarily blind them(if their head slot is unoccupied), and the mop can be slapped in peoples' face to transfer reagents similar to a damp rag.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #637639

Wasn't there a pr to add a dash attack to the captains saber?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #637640

Rageguy505 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:46 pm Wasn't there a pr to add a dash attack to the captains saber?
Yeah actually, two of them.
Both were self closed, so it's not like maintainers are inherently against the idea.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #637641

i agree
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #637653

having a toolbox full of items should allow you to right click on someone and dump all of the items on them, doing damage for each item

right click with pepper spray do an arc spray, similar to a flamethrower, but with significantly less range

right clicking anything with a bayonet on it (PKA, used to be auto-rifles, etc.) should have a slow dashing charge attack but be pretty effective
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #637654

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 am having a toolbox full of items should allow you to right click on someone and dump all of the items on them, doing damage for each item
*fills his toolbox with ninja stars*
nothing personnel, kid
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637657

yeah this is cool and balance is not cool unless i'm personally affected by it then it should be nerfed