wesoda's music review - It's Almost Dry

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

wesoda's music review - It's Almost Dry

Post by wesoda25 » #638948

► Show Spoiler
This is the best rap album to drop in years. It has God-tier production, hard hitting bars, and savage flows. That's all it takes.

Raps
Pusha T (and his brother) spent his youth selling cocaine. He then made a rap career with that as subject material. You'd think that would get boring with time, yet every album he drops gets better and better. There's no Kendrick-level lyricism here, but it's all hard and meticulously crafted. Here's some of my favorites:
► Show Spoiler
Beats
"You can't come get this work until it's dry. I made this album while the streets were closed during the pandemic. Made entirely with the greatest producers of all time - Pharrell and Ye. ONLY I can get the best out of these guys. ENJOY!!" - Pusha T
Frankly after listening to this I can't argue with what he says about Pharrell and Kanye. A lot of the tracks on this album are simply genius. Here's 4 songs which I think are worth checking out:
► Show Spoiler
The production perfectly encapsulates what the album is: taking well established themes and ideas and still churning something powerful and unique out of them. Personally I think it sets a new standard.

Overview
This album is like a shot in the arm for rap. For years now the charts have been flooded with artists who can hardly keep you engaged across an entire album. This is not that. This is the product of 3 years of meticulous hard work, involving 3 of the greatest talents in the industry at the moment. With Kendrick and Chance dropping in the following month, this is shaping up to be one of the best years rap has ever seen. I highly suggest you check out this album if you found any of this interesting. As someone who likes hard, energetic music, I couldn't be happier.