Killing antags peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Killing antags peanut thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642193

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31807

If your too good at your job you turn the round into extended

Weak little heretic didnt deserve this :(
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Killing antags peanut thread

Post by Kendrickorium » #642194

unga unga

theres a difference between valid killing and just being a fucking asshole
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #642203

Giving someone a final warning for something that coffee admits was not rule breaking seems beyond shitty.

Classic admin fucked up but dosen't want to admit they made a mistake.
Scriptis
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #642248

ladies and gentlemen, i would like to remind you that this is zyb we're talking about

this note wasn't because he broke the rules. it's because he's consistently a problem child and building a record against him has been nigh impossible because he random names every shift and refuses to interact with players that will actually ahelp his consistently shit conduct

please refer to the discussion in this thread for as to why the admins are starting to actually start documenting zyb's behavior

if he wants his shit behavior to stop being documented, he should stop behaving like shit

the note should stay put under rule 12, which was designed for people like zyb
Spoiler:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #642249

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:55 pmbuilding a record against him has been nigh impossible because he random names every shift
Based
► Show Spoiler
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642250

Farquaar wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:06 pm Based
normally yeah if he didn't exclusively play a mute security officer. the man has exactly 216 say logs across his last seven roundstart secoff shifts, most of which is "ai open" or "x bad"

i don't know how better to explain to anybody that the man plays this game exclusively for valids and doesn't actually roleplay

edit: for reference, in zyb's last roundstart shift, zyb had 47 say logs as some nameless secoff, summoner99 had 350 say logs as a borg, i had 445 say logs as CE, &c. for one shift. most of zyb's say logs were callouts ("x bad," "x is a y", "x in z"), &c. you can expect this man to communicate with players more than an order of magnitude less than literally anyone else doing the bare minimum
Spoiler:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #642255

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 pm
normally yeah if he didn't exclusively play a mute security officer. the man has exactly 216 say logs across his last seven roundstart secoff shifts, most of which is "ai open" or "x bad"

i don't know how better to explain to anybody that the man plays this game exclusively for valids and doesn't actually roleplay

edit: for reference, in zyb's last roundstart shift, zyb had 47 say logs as some nameless secoff, summoner99 had 350 say logs as a borg, i had 445 say logs as CE, &c. for one shift. most of zyb's say logs were callouts ("x bad," "x is a y", "x in z"), &c. you can expect this man to communicate with players more than an order of magnitude less than literally anyone else doing the bare minimum
I would love to see what percent of their say logs contain either "AI" or "bad"
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642256

NoxVS wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:55 pm I would love to see what percent of their say logs contain either "AI" or "bad"
give me ten minutes
Spoiler:

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #642257

This guy should go back to league of legends or something.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #642258

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 pm
This information is meaningless unless you give the server average for say logs.

216 over 7 rounds is about 30 says per round.

For 90 minute shifts (coder target) that's about 1 say every 3 minutes. Really doesn't sound that bad.
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642259

game.txt for most between shifts 182366 (2022-04-30 05:56:30) through 183793 (2022-05-26 02:32:19), where Zyb was present round-start:

Code: Select all

182366.txt  182960.txt  183508.txt  183626.txt  183645.txt  183793.txt
182397.txt  183232.txt  183514.txt  183628.txt  183689.txt
182416.txt  183448.txt  183524.txt  183636.txt  183792.txt
Total SAYs for Zyb:

Scriptis@citadel MINGW64 ~/Desktop/zyb_logs
$ rg "SAY: Zybwivcz" | wc -l
this is an entire fucking month and you only said 527 things, what the fuck

number of times you asked for an AI:

$ rg "SAY: Zybwivcz" | rg "AI" | wc -l
number of times you said "x bad":

$ rg "SAY: Zybwivcz" | rg "bad" | wc -l
number of times you said "x in y":

$ rg "SAY: Zybwivcz" | rg "^.+?\Win\W.+$" | wc -l
number of times you said "x is a y":

$ rg "SAY: Zybwivcz" | rg "is a" | wc -l
from this completely sound method of capturing this information we can conclude that zyb has said, in the past month, at most, 428 things that were not validhunting

edit: barring that "rg \"in\"" is actually stupid but the point still stands
edit: actually providing "x in y"
edit: i am still narrowing this highly accurate forensic method for determining how much of a validhunter zyb is
Last edited by Scriptis on Thu May 26, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:

blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #642260

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:02 pm This information is meaningless unless you give the server average for say logs.

For 90 minute shifts (coder target) that's about 1 say every 3 minutes. Really doesn't sound that bad.
1 say every 3 minutes is like, less than virologist or xenobiologist levels of silence. This is combined with the fact that security has nearly zero job content that does not involve dealing with other players.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642261

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:02 pm This information is meaningless unless you give the server average for say logs.

i am not mothblocks and i bill by the hour for charts

ask for a ckey and i will provide the same post above for that ckey as a metric for how little zyb says. i promise it's that bad
Spoiler:

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642264

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 pm

ask for a ckey and i will provide the same post above for that ckey as a metric for how little zyb says. i promise it's that bad
I'm scared to volunteer and yet

Fuck me up fam
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642266

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:30 pm I'm scared to volunteer and yet

Fuck me up fam
Introducing the first edition of the Brick Mortar Metric For Determining If You Need To Stop Playing!

If more than 25% of your speech over a large period of time is related to calling out antagonists or bothering the AI, you Probably Need To Stop Playing!

$ rg "SAY: Zybwivcz" > zyb.txt

$ cat zyb.txt | wc -l

$ cat zyb.txt | rg -wi "(help|bad|ai|traitor|traitors|heretic|heretics|malf|malfunction|malfunctioning|ling|changeling|changelings|kill|killing|rev|revs|revolution|cult|cultists|red eyes|halo|halos|mindshield)" | wc -l
Wow! 29% of your SAY logs are about antags! And you don't even talk that much to begin with! You probably Need To Stop Playing!

$ rg "SAY: Scriptis" > scriptis.txt

$ cat scriptis.txt | wc -l

$ cat scriptis.txt | rg -wi "(help|bad|ai|traitor|traitors|heretic|heretics|malf|malfunction|malfunctioning|ling|changeling|changelings|kill|killing|rev|revs|revolution|cult|cultists|red eyes|halo|halos|mindshield)" | wc -l
11%! Looking pretty good for a captain/head of staff main!

Let's look at Pandarsenic!

$ rg "SAY: Pandarsenic" > pandarsenic.txt

$ cat pandarsenic.txt | wc -l

$ cat pandarsenic.txt | rg -wi "(help|bad|ai|traitor|traitors|heretic|heretics|malf|malfunction|malfunctioning|ling|changeling|changelings|kill|killing|rev|revs|revolution|cult|cultists|red eyes|halo|halos|mindshield)" | wc -l
Only 5%! Wow! No validhunting here!

Finally, let's have a look at another Sybil sec main!

$ rg "SAY: Agux909" > agux.txt

$ cat agux.txt | wc -l

$ cat agux.txt | rg -wi "(help|bad|ai|traitor|traitors|heretic|heretics|malf|malfunction|malfunctioning|ling|changeling|changelings|kill|killing|rev|revs|revolution|cult|cultists|red eyes|halo|halos|mindshield)" | wc -l
Wow! Only 3%! How is it possible that a security officer can Roleplay?? Impossible!!

Edit: In honor of the person who inspired this metric, I am renaming it to the Zyb Index: the fraction of your SAYs that are validhunting.
Last edited by Scriptis on Thu May 26, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642268

Waiting to see someone's count go up massively when you add "tot" to the list
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #642270

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 pm Waiting to see someone's count go up massively when you add "tot" to the list
tot-ally
► Show Spoiler
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #642272

this dude continues to write bibles on the forums and but refuses to write 2 lines in game
very based to random name and never talk to anyone, really helps with the roleplay
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #642273

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 pm Waiting to see someone's count go up massively when you add "tot" to the list
Wow! 99% of your say logs are about antags! You probably need a lawyer!

With amazed regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #642282

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 pm -snip-
The vast majority of my time was spent as a random namer. I'd love to see my stats on that one.
Image Image
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #642283

Absolute chad statistics poster.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #642289

Get a good enough AI (runs around, occasionally attacks anyone nearby with whatever they are holding, says dialogue from a list of like 20 preset lines) controlling enough NPCs and you could probably just shadowban and redirect Zybwivcz to it for a while. I give it 2 months at the minimum until they realize something is up.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642295

Boot wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 pm The vast majority of my time was spent as a random namer. I'd love to see my stats on that one.
The data I have is only shifts Zyb played at from roundstart. You do appear in those shifts with a Zyb Index of 7.2% (27/370), but this is long after you rolled random names.

In fact, let me reiterate on that. I have only been using data here where Zyb was always present. For many of these shifts, other players I have ranked against this set were not present. In some cases, this means that players that did not appear in many of these shifts still said more things than Zyb in all of them.

Wow!
Spoiler:

$ rg "SAY: B00t" > b00t.txt

$ cat b00t.txt | rg -wi "(help|bad|ai|traitor|traitors|heretic|heretics|malf|malfunction|malfunctioning|ling|ling|changeling|changelings|kill|killing|rev|revs|revolution|cult|cultists|eyes|halo|halos|mindshield|tot|sus|syndie|syndicate)" | wc -l

$ cat b00t.txt | wc -l
Spoiler:

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #642297

AccountName5 Zyb index?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #642298

damn, scriptis just walked into a man's note appeal and straight up murdered him with numbers.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
wubli

Post by wubli » #642299

never settle for anyone who loves you with less passion than scriptis' hating zyb
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642302

lmao this is a great fucking thread
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #642310

even i have a hard time restraining heretics as a pacifist, they could jaunt everywhere
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #642314

wubli wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:00 am never settle for anyone who loves you with less passion than scriptis' hating zyb
💖💖💖

With passionate regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #642317

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:36 am even i have a hard time restraining heretics as a pacifist, they could jaunt everywhere
Literally just take their focus. They've needed it to jaunt since the rework
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642319

Reviewing his say logs from that round manually, he says a staggering 7 lines that don't appear to be directly related to hunting antags, maaaybe 8. In the whole round. I'm in awe.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #642323

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 am Reviewing his say logs from that round manually, he says a staggering 7 lines that don't appear to be directly related to hunting antags, maaaybe 8. In the whole round. I'm in awe.
What were they? I want to behold the quality of zyb's roleplay
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642325

Annihilite111 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:58 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 am Reviewing his say logs from that round manually, he says a staggering 7 lines that don't appear to be directly related to hunting antags, maaaybe 8. In the whole round. I'm in awe.
What were they? I want to behold the quality of zyb's roleplay
Validhoonting:
12:51:32 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "Arrest Sergio, has a baton" (111, 166, 2) Brig
12:52:38 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "BORG" (85, 148, 2) Storage Wing
12:52:40 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "GET OVER HERE" (84, 147, 2) Storage Wing

01:00:45 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "AI open" (106, 169, 2) Brig
01:00:54 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "missed a spot" (113, 165, 2) Brig
01:01:04 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "nice necklace" (118, 165, 2) Brig

01:02:01 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "well this place is messed up" (92, 182, 2) Prison Wing
01:02:05 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "What happened to permabrig?" (91, 183, 2) Prison Wing
01:03:35 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "AI door" (106, 171, 2) Armory

01:06:14 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "AI door" (117, 129, 2) Captain's Quarters
01:06:33 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "AI door" (117, 129, 2) Captain's Quarters

01:07:03 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "I could if you'd OPEN THE DOOR" (117, 129, 2) Captain's Quarters

01:09:46 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "Get the turret!" (215, 136, 2) AI Satellite Antechamber

01:10:07 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "probably" (107, 137, 2) Bridge
01:10:09 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "all AI are evil" (107, 137, 2) Bridge

01:12:34 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "hey" (109, 99, 2) Aft Primary Hallway
01:12:36 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "heretic brain here" (109, 99, 2) Aft Primary Hallway

01:14:26 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "Who and where?" (134, 93, 2) Research Division
01:14:59 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "AI is Robocop" (126, 97, 2) Security Post - Science

01:17:57 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "shoot him back" (130, 137, 2) Starboard Primary Hallway

01:18:48 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "yeah" (117, 145, 2) Central Primary Hallway
01:18:53 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "didn't say I wouldn't arrest you for it" (115, 145, 2) Central Primary Hallway

01:21:43 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "AI laws" (107, 168, 2) Brig
Other:
12:53:11 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "can't breathe" (84, 161, 2) Vault
12:53:18 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "THAT DOESN'T HELP" (83, 162, 2) Vault
12:53:43 WHISPER Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "death to the borgs" (83, 158, 2) Storage Wing

01:04:36 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "yes?" (117, 165, 2) Brig

01:05:25 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "No beacon" (99, 122, 2) Teleporter Room
01:05:29 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "Tough luck" (102, 127, 2) Command Hallway

01:19:19 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "neat" (121, 144, 2) Central Primary Hallway

01:28:42 SAY Zybwivcz/(Josh Meyers) "good hustle team" (131, 192, 13) Emergency Shuttle
The "can't breathe / doesn't help / death to borgs" is also PROBABLY related to chasing an antag at the vault and dying from something, but I can't be bothered to check that closely. I was similarly generous with the teleporter bit.

Noteworthy: 9% of his messages are the exact phrase ";AI door"
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #642330

>play sec
>kill antags as the job is supposed to do
>get cried at by jannies.

What else is he meant to do? Break into song and dance before he restrains antagonists? He's playing security, if it was an assistant I'd understand but some people want to brain off kill antags.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #642331

I'm gonna be honest here and step out of line for about 1 second and say that going brain off antag kill is fine
doing it over and over and over ad infinitum not so much

The problem isn't one specific round, it's not one specific incident, it's that this is ALL zyb does. I'm glad that scriptis showed up with numbers to provide hard evidence for this.
Other sec players somehow manage to show that they can play sec, kill antags, and avoid falling afoul of JANNIES REEE by interacting with other people outside of this wordless NEED to KILL VALID.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #642332

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 pm

hit me doc
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #642334

Annihilite111 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:12 am
Rageguy505 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:36 am even i have a hard time restraining heretics as a pacifist, they could jaunt everywhere
Literally just take their focus. They've needed it to jaunt since the rework
I haven't seen any heretice since the update, I just ctrl-f jaunt on the heretic page to check if it still existed
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #642336

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:06 pm Image
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #642341

Scriptis wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 pm [url=https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Zybwivcz]
haha I kidnapped this guy and stabbed his eyes with a screwdriver out in maint for the kill last night buckled to a musty bed in a dark side room
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642345

Turbonerd wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:38 am AccountName5 Zyb index?
Not in any Zyb shifts for the past month. Congratulations!
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:57 am lmao this is a great fucking thread
ZI 0.7% (1/137)
iamgoofball wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 pm hit me doc
ZI 3% (12/323)

Congratulations, you nearly said more than Zyb in sixteen shifts in only one shift!

Again, this dataset only includes shifts where Zyb was present at roundstart in the past month.
Spoiler:

blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #642346

been working hard to get myself a ZI of 100%
Weston Echard on Sybil
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642347

put me in the zyb index scriptis
► Show Spoiler
Scriptis
In-Game Admin

Post by Scriptis » #642348

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:36 pm put me in the zyb index scriptis
After stripping out a lot of talking with your cult members over cultspeak or etching runes into your arms, 10.0% for seven shifts (36/358). This doesn't include stripping out discussion in deadchat as well, which you're also very pleasantly active in, and about a quarter beyond that is you offering the AI malf upgrades.

That was a lot of cult speak. Wow, you must really like communicating with your team members!
Spoiler:

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #642349

I haven't played in a while (ironic, posting in the player's club) but I wonder if I'm as much of a chatterbox in-game as I think I am.
► Show Spoiler
wubli

Post by wubli » #642350

kieth4 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:32 pm >play sec
>kill antags as the job is supposed to do
>get cried at by jannies.

What else is he meant to do? Break into song and dance before he restrains antagonists? He's playing security, if it was an assistant I'd understand but some people want to brain off kill antags.
if you are playing exclusively to remove other people from rounds you suck. you have a guy that does not talk. simply clicks on people either as security or an antagonist. every. round.
the joy in security is fighting people, sometimes winning sometimes losing, interrogating people. i personally love when antags murderbone, perhaps not if they always go for the same powergaming gimmick and recall the shuttle to continue their murder spree at the expense of everyone else sitting out.
even if your idea of security is not the same as mine, playing to win is against the rules.
in security, the idea is making rounds fun, not turning them into greenshifts at roundstart because a heretic dared to touch an airlock near their rune. there is nothing that hurts me more than catching a guy who goes "i haven't even done anything yet", because i've been there personally. it suuucks and you've provided nothing to the round.
how can it be so hard to play a multiplayer, roleplaying game, and engage with people? why play for the sole purpose of removing them from the game, every single round that you play?
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642352

Scriptis wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 pm
Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:36 pm put me in the zyb index scriptis
After stripping out a lot of talking with your cult members over cultspeak or etching runes into your arms, 10.0% for seven shifts (36/358). This doesn't include stripping out discussion in deadchat as well, which you're also very pleasantly active in, and about a quarter beyond that is you offering the AI malf upgrades.

That was a lot of cult speak. Wow, you must really like communicating with your team members!
>mfw I talk the most as antag.

When your not robust, you must rely on the power of friendship

Im banished to the zyb ai npc server
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #642354

There was another thread the other day with a quote I liked from blackdav123 (can't directly quote it from here since the thread is closed lawl). I have bolded some parts that I find particularly interesting:

viewtopic.php?p=640872#p640872
yeah desworders getting bludgeoned to death by everyone in the room is natural but I wish we were more MRP when it comes to situations where someone is trying to figure out whether someone is an antag or not. do we really need to check the shoes for hidden weapons? check for implants? I watched a clown get murdered for being a "heretic" and he was unable to fight back and did not use any abilities as he was shotgunned and beat to death by a shaft miner larping as sec. the detective decided to drag his corpse to med and had his heart replaced to ensure he wasnt a heretic.

I think my point is that the game would be more fun if people tried to do escalation with antags as they do with nonantags. You wouldnt shove someone to the floor and beat them to death with a toolbox if they are hacking into tool storage, so why should you do so if you see them use an airlock card on it? Because they are the bad guy? When the traitor whips out their esword to try and take you out as a witness, that should be your green light to beat them to death however you see fit.
I remember while I was playing, there was a concept of wanting to "validhunt"... because you didn't roll antagonist. Thus, you could still feel like you're powerful and be able to train your unga 2D spessman skillz, without needing to have to lucked out and gotten rules-protection and other gear. You can just simply tide the fire axe or other high-damage items on the station and start slurking around maintenance looking to cave someone's head in (who was probably just preparing to get stuff started and may have actually been an interesting addition to the round). It's one thing to get caught, but it's another thing to get caught and immediately executed without being able to plead for your life.

I had an experience as a traitor engineer where some departmental guard found and caught me, but instead of deciding to add a dent to my skull, they took me to the brig and I was able to plead with the Head of Security for my life in exchange for the 12 TC or whatever I had in my uplink. Granted, that security officer did a full search (like even popped out my headset keys to get my traitor radio), but at least I wasn't just... dead. You don't need to shitcan someone to have an antagonistic experience with them, and it was a seven minutes conversation over me getting my freedom back in exchange for my precious red crystals. There's no stakes in this video game, you don't get to win a trophy or play on a competitive team for clicking someone as opposed to just... typing. Granted, you also need the person to reciprocate the favor rather than have them dessicate your corpse, but maybe that's just borne out of the fear that you weren't going to type and instead would ruin their round?

It's hard to put my thoughts into words. Hopefully that makes sense.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #642359

Extorting and blackmailing antagonists that you have the upper hand on is much more rewarding then killing them. Wouldn't personally do it too often as sec, but its pretty fun.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #642361

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:42 pm Extorting and blackmailing antagonists that you have the upper hand on is much more rewarding then killing them. Wouldn't personally do it too often as sec, but its pretty fun.
"If you don't pony me up with no-slips and a pack of playing cards, I'll tell the crew who you really are... now go mush and kill Runtime or something."
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #642363

san7890 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:22 pm You wouldnt shove someone to the floor and beat them to death with a toolbox if they are hacking into tool storage
To be clear here I have death matched greys for hacking into Cargo/Medical. If I ask you not to hack into my department and refuse to leave then one of us is going to be horizontal at the end of it.
Image Image