"Controversial" changes: the thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

"Controversial" changes: the thread

Post by Timonk » #642529

I'm sick of it.
Example: belt pr getting merged.
Despite getting argumented and voted into the ground, it still manages to get merged. Why? A certain John "Fulp" Willard thought it was good.
After that in the same thread, someone said "nerfs are going to be controversial" NO. NOT LIKE THAT.
The only controversy that was in this thread was coders threatening to merge it against the will of people who actually have to play with it.
Good Controversy entails a healthy debate with good arguments on both sides. In this case one's side was "guh realism" and then the other side proved that your changes aren't realism but bogus, then stacked multiple other arguments on top. But guess what?? It got merged anyway.
Then there is the argument of "but muh RP!!"
yes, ss13 is an RP game, of sorts.
But stop trying to fit it into the singular category of "Space RP". It is so much more. If you want to make it like that, you might as well remove the gameplay and make it chat only. Touching grass might help too.
Categories you might fit ss13 into: Action, Roleplay, 2D, Simulation, Multiplayer
But no, instead we chose to confine it to the roleplaying aspect.
Stop trying to force the playerbase to play by your rules. How about you play by the playerbases rules instead? Or at least a healthy balance to hold up order. Why force tg to become more and more roleplay only if the playerbases enjoys the action based factor more?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: "Controversial" changes: the thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642531

so true timonk

i'd add another genre. Atmos sim.

This game is like if someone turned the hub world from roblox/gmod/byond into a game and then allowed you to sabotage that hub world preventing people from playing the games within the main game.

ss13, especially on /tg/station with lavaland, surgeries, atmos setups, slime ranching, farming, court cases, prison breaks, and cooking is just a really big onion

And whenever a pr comes along that does a blanket change to this onion everyone suffers for it in different ways.
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #642541

skill issue
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #642542

Timonk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:49 am Stop trying to force the playerbase to play by your rules. How about you play by the playerbases rules instead?
learn to code then
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #642544

TG has reached the point where they are willing to merge multiple goof pr's each month.

Also as Orange has said, what players think dosen't and never has mattered.

Admins and coders will do what they want and if they are feeling generous, might acknowledge your complaints.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #642546

Fucking medical tools take silver to print, and unlike engineering, medics neither start with belts, or a full tool kit, and there's never enough on any station to supply a well sized medical department.

Just why. The problem this was designed to solve I never even saw as a problem, but all this does is screw over MDs for the first 10-15 minutes of the round until mining get some silver in (good luck if you have no miners, dismantling surgical tables yields very unusable ammounts of silver). And once the silver is in, its the same as it always used to be (the PR being because too many random assistants print surgical tools? apparently? never seen the issue. so now assistants just come back at 10 min when the minings done. that REALLY fixed that problem didn't it. literally the only people it bothers are those who have time sensitive / shift start requirements on tools. I.E. MEDICAL).

Also my belt slot is for my defib so I guess I'm going to need to hoard boxes. Invest in boxes today. Until they get nerfed and then fuck knows what we're supposed to do.

Getting other people to fix/do things is an MRP thing. Trying to enforce it purely mechanically without any coded incentive for the other party to do things is going to fail hard on many servers, just like thermomachine ballast or the old medical research before medical basically got domain over it. These things just don't work out in practise. The person who "should" be doing the job needs to do the job, and code can't enforce this, only server policy can, and this entire thing abot people carrying too much stuff or doing too many things is ALSO server policy. Why enforce the limitation, and not any incentive, via code? Ultimately this is best left a server policy choice based on RP level. Trying to force this stuff via code just leads to situations where things become unworkable, unusable or just never done (like thermomachines/med research there)

Just genuinely question what people think they're "improving" sometimes, rather seems like just trying to limit the game to fit their idea of a goal, but can only work on a server that plays "like that ideal" in the first place.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #642547

Interdepartmental cooperation is great until that cooperation becomes entirely mandatory and also there are good odds that the people you are relying on to mine silver or fix shit are the very traitors sabotaging everything. I recall one of the arguments for limited storage space being "if you really want to hoard materials in your bag as an engineer just get a construction bag", and yet now an engineer cant have tools and a bag, ignoring the fact that construction bags dont hold anything useful for constructing.
Weston Echard on Sybil
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #642549

Here's another awful change they made despite 148 downvotes, the most any PR has received - They completely removed cloning from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2021 rolls around.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #642551

I am so sick of this negativity meta going around in the SS13 community. None of this fucking matters. Pointless complaining over any change for no reason.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #642553

I agree with OP. I would go so far as to argue that the points made in the original post are in fact "hella based".
While the changes to belts do not affect me personally (Average silicon enjoyer) I'm worried it will be continuation and reinforcement of the poor practice of the codebase to disregard feedback.
While most of the negativity on the PR OP specifies I assume was speculation (?, at the very least initially) as to what the change would be like, I would like to see that if the change pans out to be an error, coders will go back and revert the change. It happened fairly recently (and is currently happening somewhat with buckshot) I'm pretty sure so it's not entirely unprecedented.
While coders often claim that the playerbase are the playtesters it seems (to me, at least) that they don't often care about the results.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #642555

NoxVS wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:29 pm Here's another awful change they made despite 148 downvotes, the most any PR has received - They completely removed cloning from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2021 rolls around.
Pulling a conclusion from a sample size of one shouldn't need much explanation as flawed.

Also with cloning, there was an indirect benefit - giving medical a job - the negative feedback and concern was that it would ruin the rounds by making mortality too problematic. This didn't happen. But at least there was a decent positive reason.

What's anyone gaining by making surgical tools unobtainable only at round start? Or crowbarring atmos into cryo? Or limiting belts from going in bags? How does this lead to improvements in the game (given LRP servers are simply never going to be driven by 'someone else wants me to do something i have no motivating actual reason to do')
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642559

iamgoofball wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:01 pm
Timonk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:49 am Stop trying to force the playerbase to play by your rules. How about you play by the playerbases rules instead?
learn to code then
Assuming i would open a PR to revert the belt pr right now, do you think it would get merged?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642560

Turbonerd wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:42 pm I am so sick of this negativity meta going around in the SS13 community. None of this fucking matters. Pointless complaining over any change for no reason.
It doesnt matter because they don't listen. That's my problem.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #642561

iprice wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:08 pm Pulling a conclusion from a sample size of one shouldn't need much explanation as flawed.
Here's another awful change they made despite 135 downvotes to only 3 upvotes - They removed the tesla and singularity engines except through supermatter delaminations. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2021 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 84 downvotes - They replaced intents with combat mode. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2022 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 63 downvotes - They removed circuits. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2019 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 58 downvotes - They added gender neutral preferences. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 55 downvotes - They added pride pins to the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2022 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 53 downvotes - They removed tasers from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 52 downvotes - They removed null crates from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 51 downvotes - They removed stasis beds from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #642562

learn to code then
why would you run the ship aground and tell everyone to just learn to drive better when you're the person who has the experience required not to deliberately run it aground
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642564

NoxVS wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:51 pm
iprice wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:08 pm Pulling a conclusion from a sample size of one shouldn't need much explanation as flawed.
Here's another awful change they made despite 135 downvotes to only 3 upvotes - They removed the tesla and singularity engines except through supermatter delaminations. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2021 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 84 downvotes - They replaced intents with combat mode. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2022 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 63 downvotes - They removed circuits. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2019 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 58 downvotes - They added gender neutral preferences. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 55 downvotes - They added pride pins to the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2022 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 53 downvotes - They removed tasers from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 52 downvotes - They removed null crates from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.

Here's another awful change they made despite 51 downvotes - They removed stasis beds from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2020 rolls around.
Other than null crates and circuits all of these changes turned out to be good.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642565

learn to code then
if someone offered to build me a house for free and did a shitty fucking job i'd probably tell them they did a shitty fucking job and find someone else to build me a house

maybe we need new coders? maybe we should start a gofundme for stoned one to hire new coders? I wonder how much money it would raise, goof? any guesses as to how much money all the people complaining about changes they dont want could raise, goof?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642566

NoxVS wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:29 pm Here's another awful change they made despite 148 downvotes, the most any PR has received - They completely removed cloning from the game. I don't get why they keep doing these unpopular changes that no one wanted, and if they keep it up this server is going to be dead before 2021 rolls around.
the removal of cloning was an ironic amazing change that has made the game much better for all, don't @me
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642567

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:02 pm
the removal of cloning was an ironic amazing change that has made the game much better for all, don't @me
nevermind i see what you did there
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642568

NoxVS wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:51 pm

the removal of null crates was and is still horseshit.
don't forget they removed swarmers for the simple reason of "it's twwoo gwiefy"
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642569

my name is gupta and thank you for attending my ted talk
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #642570

Posting this to prevent Kendrickorium from sextupleposting
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642572

i dont know how gupta does it i need a nap now
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #642573

gupta did 9/11
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642574

learn to code then
You first
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #642575

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:01 pm
learn to code then
if someone offered to build me a house for free and did a shitty fucking job i'd probably tell them they did a shitty fucking job and find someone else to build me a house

maybe we need new coders? maybe we should start a gofundme for stoned one to hire new coders? I wonder how much money it would raise, goof? any guesses as to how much money all the people complaining about changes they dont want could raise, goof?
hey if you wanna pay me to not code then sure
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #642576

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:24 pm
learn to code then
You first
Disclaimer, I don't even dislike you or all the stuff you do, I just couldn't resist saying that any longer, that post isn't representative of my real feelings.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642580

iamgoofball wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:25 pm
learn to code then

Would you pay me not to shit on your doorstep every morning
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #642582

I think public opinion should matter to some extent. Who do you make the game for if not the players themselves? I think the issue is that the playerbase has become very divided in the way they play, so any change you propose is going to sound good to someone, and you also have to understand that there's people outside the github lurkers who have opinions on things too. I will say I think that some coders have a mentality of "programming for the playerbase I want, fuck anyone else" mentality though, which I think is simply no way to go about things.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #642583

Xenobio nerf. Nanites removal. Future second xenobio nerf. Genetics nerf (okay fine thermals and lasers were cringe). Botany nerf. Circuit removal and gutted reimplementation.

And yes, Null crates.

Traitor kits removal. Nightmare rework. Progtot. Swarmer removal. Various removals from the uplink.

Coders have been methodically removing anything that can be used to powergame AKA anything strong except batong. We are thus forced into a stale meta of combat being about two identically performing spacemen competing to click eachother once and end the fight. A game where half the jobs have ways of becoming demigods of robustness, each in a unique and interesting way, is WAY more engaging than one where both crew and antags are fucking hard-limited into a certain range of power. I play ss13 for the unprecedented freedom it offers and while that freedom still exists, coders seem to be dead set on forcing me into the niche i roll roundstart. Antags and crew are both being restricted in how far outside their "class" they can reach, and considering that both genetics, xenobio and botany are on the chopping block im not seeing any improvements to the sotuation in the future. I know for a fact that new xenobio is going to be utterly neutered compared to its current version, which will of course make it unuseable for clever and creative gimmicks for both crew and antags.
The current maintainers seem to have this baffling belief that anything that makes you more powerful than what you can get easily as crew/your antag type is bad, when it just results in a more predictable, stale experience for everyone.

I'm not gonna remember the 1000th desworder, but the madman who made a space xenobio lair and is churning out xenobio mobs and golems on an industrial scale and teleporting them onto the station is gonna stick in my head.
Fucking stop removing the interesting stuff
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642585

Yes. The playerbase who loves the RP but hates the action packed part of this game will be pleased at any set of limitations to jobs, all the way to removals of several departments worth of content, and vice versa

Game appeals to too many different groups.

We must merge MRP and LRP and have the newly formed and forcably combined playerbases hash it out until one type of player remains. Or it gives birth to a hybrid robust and roleplaying playerbase.
► Show Spoiler
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #642586

Timonk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:45 pm
learn to code then
Assuming i would open a PR to revert the belt pr right now, do you think it would get merged?
Try it, and when it doesn't work, use that instead of a hypothetical. Though I agree, you shouldn't just threaten it, go do it.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #642590

You have one vote when it comes to development, and that's choosing to play or not to play

if the bad changes overwhelm the good, leave

if they don't, stay and stop worrying so much about this crap

if the playerbase disappears, you were right

if it doesn't, you were wrong

Sticking around and being upset constantly about things you have no control over will just turn you miserable and twisted and make everyone dislike you
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642604

iamgoofball wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:25 pm
learn to code then

tempting
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #642605

oranges wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:35 pm You have one vote when it comes to development, and that's choosing to play or not to play

Sticking around and being upset constantly about things you have no control over will just turn you miserable and twisted and make everyone dislike you
I think the current game industry proves that people are fucking morons and will play literally anything no matter how fucking stale boring and mindless it is, given that it's multiplayer.
you could take /tg/ and over the years remove all weapons except for stun batons and it would still be popular.
the above poster was right. the game is being gutted. things are continually taken away with nothing added in its place. it doesnt take a genius to know that this is a bad thing.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #642606

Annihilite111 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:22 pm Xenobio nerf. Nanites removal. Future second xenobio nerf. Genetics nerf (okay fine thermals and lasers were cringe). Botany nerf. Circuit removal and gutted reimplementation.

I'm not gonna remember the 1000th desworder, but the madman who made a space xenobio lair and is churning out xenobio mobs and golems on an industrial scale and teleporting them onto the station is gonna stick in my head.
Fucking stop removing the interesting stuff
I would also like to say is that my most fun memory from this game is fighting a ling with a standard holopara in space (still possible) with a virology fleshmend tier outhealing space damage virus in ash drake armor with a hierophant club (no longer possible)

It was truly a moment of nanotransen vs syndicate. But with all these fun gadgets of survival the crew gets being locked away and soft removed (toxins gating) or hard removed it feels like nanotransen isn't meant to compare to the enemies of command anymore. Not even in late-game.

Servers kind of forced itself from a self-competing sandbox to a strictly and tightly well-managed RP game by a DM (the admins interfering with the power of god whenever the antags turn the crew sideways too much.)

We had tools that used to wipe out antags! Remember beam rifles ohkoing blob? Combining two bags of holdings to kill the wizard? Bomb Spears? (literally just got nerfed last week)

Now we just get turned sideways and have to salt in deadchat until the admin takes pity on the playerbase and spawns a deathsquad or code red ert that uses their admin only tools to turn the antag into paste.

It's more restricted and more narrow. If the game can influence its coders. Then the syndicate have taken over nanotransen and installed dummy puppets to weaken it while keeping them tough :lol:

Edit: Worst part is no one is happy! Not the LRP players who get their playstyles clamped down upon. Or the MRP players who would rather not see any destruction at all, as the game is more of a backdrop for their chats with other players. A job sim if you will.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #642615

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 am
oranges wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:35 pm You have one vote when it comes to development, and that's choosing to play or not to play

I think the current game industry proves that people are fucking morons and will play literally anything no matter how fucking stale boring and mindless it is, given that it's multiplayer.
you could take /tg/ and over the years remove all weapons except for stun batons and it would still be popular.
the above poster was right. the game is being gutted. things are continually taken away with nothing added in its place. it doesnt take a genius to know that this is a bad thing.
you know where the door is
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #642616

I mean, there are servers that preserve the state of the game from six years ago, if someone really wants a trip down memory lane.
Hugs
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642620

"I don't like our current president"
"lol just move away then if you don't like him that much, try liking him for a change maybe you won't be so hateful then"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #642622

The president is a dictator for life who is choosing other replacement dictators who agree with him, and has been for the last 4 years.
Why do you think this will change.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #642623

You know I thought about it but I think I'll just stick around and keep on bitching that you guys are ruining the game instead.
Image Image
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #642629

your funeral
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #642630

Timonk wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:52 am

"lol just move away then if you don't like him that much, try liking him for a change maybe you won't be so hateful then"
comparing switching servers to moving countries is a new one
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #642632

I miss the singulo engine bros
► Show Spoiler
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #642633

Add everything back in but remove all types of portable radio
that will return the fear of god in people.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #642634

Iatots wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:44 am Add everything back in but remove all types of portable radio
that will return the fear of god in people.
Remove all radios
Make it so only the PA system can be used for stationwide communication
Make the station ~50% smaller (no more empty space- hallways should be used very sparingly and should be no wider than two tiles)
Make combat quick and lethal, especially if you're caught unaware
Everyone should be regularly forced into close proximity with other people and they should be terrified of that fact.
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #642635

oranges wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:23 am
Timonk wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:52 am

comparing switching servers to moving countries is a new one
If you think about it, it isn't that farfetched
By this point I've been on tg for almost 4 years, I've never consistently played on any other server, i think i would have trouble getting accustomed to the new codebase and community, since i know 0 people and have no one to talk to
But eventually something will drive me away, like the removal of metastation or something
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #642641

they all use tgstation there's no differences
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #642642

I didn’t read the belt pr really but I think it’s a good idea because its a step toward keeping people from having a well optimized inventory, and instead making them pick and choose what to carry.

Perhaps your decision to leave behind the captains saber for a toolbelt will be a good one when the AI tries to bolt you in a room and kill you. Or maybe you’ll regret it when you get attacked by some other sort of antag.

Course, in and of itself this doesn’t achieve much. There’s many other ways to carry around everything you could possibly need.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #642646

wesoda25 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:30 am I didn’t read the belt pr really but I think it’s a good idea because its a step toward keeping people from having a well optimized inventory, and instead making them pick and choose what to carry.

Perhaps your decision to leave behind the captains saber for a toolbelt will be a good one when the AI tries to bolt you in a room and kill you. Or maybe you’ll regret it when you get attacked by some other sort of antag.

Course, in and of itself this doesn’t achieve much. There’s many other ways to carry around everything you could possibly need.
The only weapon a true spaceman needs is a refueled welder and a screwdriver aimed at the eye.