The GDC talk is up again but now it's on YouTube and not just the Vault which means I get to post it again

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

The GDC talk is up again but now it's on YouTube and not just the Vault which means I get to post it again

Post by Mothblocks » #643926

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sjwqUten0

Can't embed it but there it is

Comment nice things about it on there and check the talk itself out if you haven't seen it yet
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Re: The GDC talk is up again but now it's on YouTube and not just the Vault which means I get to post it again

Post by CandyClown » #643929

I saw it posted on digg, and got a bit excited when I saw it was you. Not a fanboy or anything, of course.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: The GDC talk is up again but now it's on YouTube and not just the Vault which means I get to post it again

Post by TheFinalPotato » #643940

I can't believe mothblocks gets to have groupies
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #643951

I saw it posted on digg, and was not excited when I saw it was you. Not a fanboy or anything, of course.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #643952

Damn, that was a great presentation, there wasn't a single dull moment.

I'm not kidding when I say I was enlightened on some of the inner workings and struggles related to mantaining the codebase. Seeing and hearing someone talk for 25 minutes straight can give an unique connection and understanding a million written words won't achieve.

The fact you stood up to a crowd, and talked so eloquently and firmly about this tiny corner of gaming we all share way better than paid presentators from bigger games and companies is invaluable, hope you know that.

Thanks for being here Mothblocks!

BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #643994

Sharing it with friends to explain the quirks of spaceman development which is the highest compliment I can bestow
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #644000

TheFinalPotato wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 am I can't believe mothblocks gets to have groupies
we all have groupies, you don't?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #644010

seems interesting although im waiting for it to be released on Nintendo Video™ so that i can watch it on the go using my Nintendo 3DS
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #644019

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:10 pm
TheFinalPotato wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 am I can't believe mothblocks gets to have groupies
broooo
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #644020

Agux909 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:36 pm Damn, that was a great presentation, there wasn't a single dull moment.

I'm not kidding when I say I was enlightened on some of the inner workings and struggles related to mantaining the codebase. Seeing and hearing someone talk for 25 minutes straight can give an unique connection and understanding a million written words won't achieve.

The fact you stood up to a crowd, and talked so eloquently and firmly about this tiny corner of gaming we all share way better than paid presentators from bigger games and companies is invaluable, hope you know that.

Thanks for being here Mothblocks!
10 antag tokens have been deposited.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #644039

wtf I didnt know mothblocks was a chad

I thought they were a moth using their wings to translate their words to a frequency that is then picked up by a speech to text software
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #644068

TheFinalPotato wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:12 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:10 pm
broooo
wdym
Living God

Extraordinary Person