tourettes nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

tourettes nut

Post by trexter555 » #645190

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32002

guys please i actually have tourretes irl you have to let me type shit and piss in the mrp server guys please
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: tourettes nut

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645192

You can't get notes removed unless they're factually incorrect. Supposedly.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #645193

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:50 am You can't get notes removed unless they're factually incorrect. Supposedly.
I know if the wording is too harsh you can be asked to reduce it? It's happened.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645197

Agreed with the note.

Under no circumstances should the note be dismissed on medical grounds. What kind of wacky precedent would that set? You can break the rules everyone else is adhered to if you claim to have a medical condition? Does that mean you have to verify it? Do I have to send Mothblocks my private medical info? And if you don't verify that sort of thing - what's stopping ANYONE from claiming they have a medical condition that should give them free reign over one of the rules? Next week will someone be allowed to metacomm if they have a medically confirmed case of monophobia so they need to be in vc with their friend who's playing with them at all times?

Note should be upheld as is, as unfortunate as it is for this person.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #645198

you dont need to send me anything, i have everyones medical information in a folder somewhere around here
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645199

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:58 am Agreed with the note.

Under no circumstances should the note be dismissed on medical grounds. What kind of wacky precedent would that set? You can break the rules everyone else is adhered to if you claim to have a medical condition? Does that mean you have to verify it? Do I have to send Mothblocks my private medical info? And if you don't verify that sort of thing - what's stopping ANYONE from claiming they have a medical condition that should give them free reign over one of the rules? Next week will someone be allowed to metacomm if they have a medically confirmed case of monophobia so they need to be in vc with their friend who's playing with them at all times?

I'm largely contesting that it doesn't actually constitute a rulebreak and shouldn't have been noted at all.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645200

Most people try to keep their medical information private and this breh is blabbing on the internet about his conditions.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645201

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am Most people try to keep their medical information private and this breh is blabbing on the internet about his conditions.
Yeah it's not like my tourettes is fuckin going anywhere lmao

It's genetic you dumbfuck, it's not like I got it eating dogshit or something
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645202

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am

I'm largely contesting that it doesn't actually constitute a rulebreak and shouldn't have been noted at all.
Then why was your tourettes brought up at all man?

It feels to me, based on the wording and overall tone of your appeal, that you feel the fact you have tourettes is important and/or relevant to your actions, and should be taken into account in your appeal, instead of your actions being judged on their own merit against the server rules.

I'm not sure whether or not I agree with the note on it's merits. Maybe. This is on MRP, after all, and I think that necessarily has a higher RP expectation for it's players, and that they wont run around screaming "PISS AND FART" or whatever. But if you truly want your appeal to be considered on these grounds, you should edit your appeal and remove all references to your medical condition, since as it is written it feels to me like you want a medically based deference.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #645204

I was kinda hoping for a more original peanut thread name, like the PISS PEANUT or something. Shame
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645205

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:46 am
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am

Then why was your tourettes brought up at all man?

It feels to me, based on the wording and overall tone of your appeal, that you feel the fact you have tourettes is important and/or relevant to your actions, and should be taken into account in your appeal, instead of your actions being judged on their own merit against the server rules.

I'm not sure whether or not I agree with the note on it's merits. Maybe. This is on MRP, after all, and I think that necessarily has a higher RP expectation for it's players, and that they wont run around screaming "PISS AND FART" or whatever. But if you truly want your appeal to be considered on these grounds, you should edit your appeal and remove all references to your medical condition, since as it is written it feels to me like you want a medically based deference.
I think it was a super overzealous "tone it down" and yes, ultimately my Tourette's plays a part as it's a translation of a real-world behavioural quirk of mine into my character, but I don't think a real instance of Tourette's is roleplay-breaking in any respect, especially when a much more intrusive version of it is available as a mechanic in the roleplay environment already. It also occurs maybe once per round at most, usually at the start of the round when I'm alone in an office.

I think the fact that I've been doing it ever since I started playing on Manuel and this is the first time it's come up after more than 400 hours of playtime speaks for itself in terms of how generally nonintrusive it is.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645206

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am Most people try to keep their medical information private and this breh is blabbing on the internet about his conditions.
Yeah it's not like my tourettes is fuckin going anywhere lmao

Uh excuse me good sir but Jordan B Peterson says you're a narcissist because of your language.
https://nitter.net/jordanbpeterson/stat ... 12852736#m
Perhaps you should be, I don't know, cleaning your room or something instead of disclosing genetic conditions online?
Alternatively he could interest you in a red meat diet and barbiturate lifestyle
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #645208

TREXTER CLOSE THE THREAD THEY'RE QUOTING JORDAN PETERSON PLEASE
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645209

san7890 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:58 am TREXTER CLOSE THE THREAD THEY'RE QUOTING JORDAN PETERSON PLEASE
I'm paraphrasing him not quoting him what are you a lobster or something? 🦞
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645211

Cheshify wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:48 am I was kinda hoping for a more original peanut thread name, like the PISS PEANUT or something. Shame
Yeah, small swing, big miss. There was a lot of potential there.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #645218

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 am Yeah it's not like my tourettes is fuckin going anywhere lmao

I do have a question about it, though.
The Appeal Thread wrote:You can either ban me in the future for doing it or let it go, because telling me to try to do it less is like telling me not to try not to sneeze or cough.
If you DO have to type it, do you HAVE to push enter and actually send it? And why doesn't it ever come up at any time after the start? Couldn't you just type it somewhere else, like tabbed out into a notepad or something?

It doesn't make sense to me, but I know there's a reason and I wanna understand it.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645220

Disagree on admin response. Notes are a punishment. It impacts how future tickets will be handled - if you murderbone the first time, you might get away with a note, if they see you have a note, they might give you a ban instead. It is clearly the first step on the "punishment ladder", and they are applicable to other scenarios too - like, for example, say this guy wanted to apply to join the admin team in the future, but his note page was chock full of this note, and lets say, someone tossed in another note for powergaming, and someone else tossed in a note for murderboning or something. Individually these arent that bad, but I feel like the admin team would be more hesitant to accept someone who had a large number of negative notes.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #645221

Am I misreading something, or is the guy roleplaying having tourette's in-character because he has tourette's IRL? His IRL tourette's shouldn't have any impact on the situation so I have no idea why it was brought up.

Also, this is a really bad note. Almost admin complaint worthy. No action was needed here. Guy says words that don't break the rules on occasion. Wow. Holy shit I'm being griefed.

Also also, "i'm going to continue doing what i was warned for if the note is upheld" is a bold strategy that definitely won't lead to a return trip to the ban appeals forum.
Drag wrote: notes are not, nor will ever be, directly a punishment.
This is the funniest joke ever posted on the forums.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645222

Based BONERMASTER with the objection. Let Justice shine.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645223

Getting noted every time you get bwoinked is to be honest a lame philosophy and implies the noted player is going to be a repeat offender that you have to track them over a one off correction.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #645224

I have never once heard of tourettes syndrome causing people to compulsively type potty words.
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #645231

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:02 am Disagree on admin response. Notes are a punishment. It impacts how future tickets will be handled - if you murderbone the first time, you might get away with a note, if they see you have a note, they might give you a ban instead. It is clearly the first step on the "punishment ladder", and they are applicable to other scenarios too - like, for example, say this guy wanted to apply to join the admin team in the future, but his note page was chock full of this note, and lets say, someone tossed in another note for powergaming, and someone else tossed in a note for murderboning or something. Individually these arent that bad, but I feel like the admin team would be more hesitant to accept someone who had a large number of negative notes.
STOP BREAKING THE RULES AND IT WON'T BE AN ISSUE!

With that being said, I do find this note to be unwarranted. But notes themselves being a punishment? Maybe. However, acting as though a justified note is some sort of egregious action is ludicrous. If you have a multitude of negative notes then that is a reflection of you as a player.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #645232

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:54 am I have never once heard of tourettes syndrome causing people to compulsively type potty words.
Not too farfetched tbh
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645236

CandyClown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:05 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:02 am Disagree on admin response. Notes are a punishment. It impacts how future tickets will be handled - if you murderbone the first time, you might get away with a note, if they see you have a note, they might give you a ban instead. It is clearly the first step on the "punishment ladder", and they are applicable to other scenarios too - like, for example, say this guy wanted to apply to join the admin team in the future, but his note page was chock full of this note, and lets say, someone tossed in another note for powergaming, and someone else tossed in a note for murderboning or something. Individually these arent that bad, but I feel like the admin team would be more hesitant to accept someone who had a large number of negative notes.
STOP BREAKING THE RULES AND IT WON'T BE AN ISSUE!

With that being said, I do find this note to be unwarranted. But notes themselves being a punishment? Maybe. However, acting as though a justified note is some sort of egregious action is ludicrous. If you have a multitude of negative notes then that is a reflection of you as a player.
You realize the beginning of your post is you agreeing with me that notes are the first step of the punishment ladder, and the end of your post is you agreeing with me that notes impact future admin decisions because notes are the first step of the punishment ladder, right?
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #645237

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:54 am I have never once heard of tourettes syndrome causing people to compulsively type potty words.
Would probably be diagnosed as unspecified tic disorder or something in similar vein rather than tourettes since it's sort of well defined. Or possibly some inhibitory disorder because that's a pretty complex tic when you think of all the motor function involved.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #645239

wow. this thread fuckin blows. do we seriously have to cross examine someone on whether or not they’re able to stop themselves from saying potty words ever so often? like, does it really fuckin matter?

anyhow, https://youtu.be/vNElaIoIU_I
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #645241

The Daniel Obajtek gambit.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #645245

Timonk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:14 am
Not too farfetched tbh
By my understanding tourette tics are motor and verbal something like "i am compelled to hit my capslock button and type poopie balls and hit enter every time i start a round" seems more out there.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #645251

My experience with someone who has Tourette's IRL is that their tics absolutely destroy fine motor functions.

In my sample size of 1, the person would have been incapable of typing their tics. They, instead and much to the university library's annoyance, picked up the keyboard and started trying to throw it over their shoulder. Or, in a more hilarious scenario, picked up a cup of hot chocolate to take a drink and instead slammed it violently on the table while crushing the container - covering them, me and some of an adjacent table in hot chocolate.

I don't have any experience of Tourette's variants where they would actually be capable of typing at all during a tic. Maybe they exist, but I'm skeptical.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #645252

Personally, he should just switch servers over to terry, then he'd fit right in with the crowd, that would work better than claiming to be a re- I mean person impaired in their cognitive ablities to the extent of controlling their impulse to write out and post profanity to the chat of the game they are currently playing..

Also, if we're already talking about notes, the biggest issue I see with it is that there is just no established standard or oversight to these. They are given a lot more leeway in their application, but their consequences are just as disastrous, if not worse, than regular bans, and they have to be appealed with even more effort and legal finesse than your conventional perma-ban.

Thedragmeme here claims that notes are no big deal and it has no bearing on the judgement to be noted for every interaction you have with the admins, then in that nuke-ops thread they go absolutely ballistic over the player having X amount of notes in Y amount of playtime, and then even use this alone as justification for a permanent ban, only to be appealed with a voucher. I mean, that's a sort of blacklist ban right here, the actual bwoink reason wouldn't even have warranted a discussion.

Completely different realities, and that's from the same admin! How are they not supposed to be full of shit? How can I ever believe a single word of this guy, when they're saying one thing, and doing the complete opposite?
You want to build up admin credibility, Moth, Timber? There is your next construction project.

With 1984 regards (yes, my post was deleted for being a peanut, go figure)
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #645253

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:55 pm person impaired in their cognitive ablities to the extent of controlling their impulse to write out and post profanity to the chat of the game they are currently playing..
Average Terry player
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #645257

Is this guy claiming his condition causes him to type these things in chat? Is that even possible? Can Tourette's tics even cause someone to type something?

Or is he claiming that he does it as a role play thing because it's something he has IRL?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #645259

I don't think the note is at all necessary here. This doesn't happen enough for it to ever be a concern with this player. He's done it maybe six or seven times since the start of 2022.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645262

Tegun wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:37 am
Would probably be diagnosed as unspecified tic disorder or something in similar vein rather than tourettes since it's sort of well defined. Or possibly some inhibitory disorder because that's a pretty complex tic when you think of all the motor function involved.
This would be correct if the tic existed in isolation. The thing in my case is that I already had a Tourette's diagnosis, and if you have a Tourette's diagnosis the general practice is to lump all of your tics into that condition, since it's not really diagnostically possible to sort which is caused by Tourette's and which is caused by an adjacent disorder.
Last edited by BrolyButterfingers on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645264

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:49 pm My experience with someone who has Tourette's IRL is that their tics absolutely destroy fine motor functions.

In my sample size of 1, the person would have been incapable of typing their tics. They, instead and much to the university library's annoyance, picked up the keyboard and started trying to throw it over their shoulder. Or, in a more hilarious scenario, picked up a cup of hot chocolate to take a drink and instead slammed it violently on the table while crushing the container - covering them, me and some of an adjacent table in hot chocolate.

I don't have any experience of Tourette's variants where they would actually be capable of typing at all during a tic. Maybe they exist, but I'm skeptical.
This would be a severe expression of Tourette's; the vast majority of Tourette's cases are mild-to-moderate. Tourettes also overlaps heavily with general impulse disorders, but for the sake of diagnostic clarity any present tics are all categorized as Tourette's tics if they have the disorder as the root source is likely that disorder in interaction with something else. The result is that you end up with an incredibly wide range of possible tics, whether they're verbal, phonic or motor. It's also a pretty common misconception that a person needs verbal tics to have tourettes; you only need phonic tics, which are what most people have as opposed to verbal. That means stuff like sniffing, throat-clearing, coughing, etc.
Last edited by BrolyButterfingers on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645268

It's part of the collection of coprophenomena: Coprolalia (speaking obscenities), Copropraxia (obscene gestures such as flipping people off) and coprographia (obscene writings/drawings).
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #645269

have you tried not having tourette's
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645270

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:32 pm have you tried not having tourette's
Yeah that's probably the play here
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645275

THE NOTE HAS BEEN REVISED

I consider this a victory for smoothbrains and defects everywhere
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #645276

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:55 pm Thedragmeme here claims that notes are no big deal and it has no bearing on the judgement to be noted for every interaction you have with the admins, then in that nuke-ops thread they go absolutely ballistic over the player having X amount of notes in Y amount of playtime, and then even use this alone as justification for a permanent ban, only to be appealed with a voucher. I mean, that's a sort of blacklist ban right here, the actual bwoink reason wouldn't even have warranted a discussion.
Worse, it's treated differently admin to admin as well, with some admins treating the note system as a reputation system, and others using them as punishments in less serious situations.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #645296

I think this had a good resolution. I'm not convinced that the note should stay, but if it's going to, I think modifying it so other admins don't take it into account for unrelated stuff is a good compromise. Drag's a good admin and she just wants to make sure shit stays quality™ on Manuel. I can't really fault her for that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #645299

fr does this set precedent for players confirming their autism spectrum. I am being 1000% genuine autism causes a lot of social problems for people who have it.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #645302

Vekter wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:49 pm I think this had a good resolution. I'm not convinced that the note should stay, but if it's going to, I think modifying it so other admins don't take it into account for unrelated stuff is a good compromise. Drag's a good admin and she just wants to make sure shit stays quality™ on Manuel. I can't really fault her for that.
I think the Timberpaws final revision is an even better revision as well
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645304

I think it's funny that the initial revision made things seem even worse than the original though.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #645324

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:13 pm
Timonk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:14 am
Not too farfetched tbh
By my understanding tourette tics are motor and verbal something like "i am compelled to hit my capslock button and type poopie balls and hit enter every time i start a round" seems more out there.
The round start could be a trigger to them, now that it has been shown to get attention.

Hitting A and caps lock and enter is not that complex, but typing out potty words is. I'm not an expert but he has already explained why both are possible
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #645326

First off.. This could easily be a Lie or it may not be (we technically won't be able to know for sure) Second off whats wrong with saying "its time to shit and piss" i mean i don't see the issue with it its not like they're saying slurs or ock icking
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #645332

Only the nicest language is allowed on manuel
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #645538

I think the big issue here is that it's clearly not every round

- they also are shown to have knowledge about tourettes so I doubt they're lying

I don't think they should be forced to leave manuel because it's not something they do every round and they don't say it on radio or announcements
The only reason they got noted for it is because they did it as a split personality, which is yeah understandable.. I do think it's weird that the actual tourettes mutation in game which does do NRP words and behaviour is fine. But someone with actual tourettes will get in trouble. Like what if you inject people with tourettes in game they'd say like the same stuff.

Why do we have to be so picky about what our split personalitys say aren't they supposed to be weird and different and behave not like the person? If it is noted it positively not be negative and I don't get why they are saying "using it as a excuse for griefing is not allowed" because they haven't done that. They never used it as a excuse for killing so including that part is entirely weird to me.

Getting noted for nrp words in mrp is fine but including something like "dont use medical condition as excuse to kill people" when they haven't is so weird.

Also requiring someone to go out of their way to do other things is stupid, if they're alone in a office you should be allowed to say nrp stuff as long as it's not like your pretending to jack off. Split personality using nrp stuff I guess makes sense but then again your character has brain damage that players can see with a medical analyzer I don't think you should be afraid about people not wanting to interact with you if you tell them that's what happened.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #645542

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:49 pm
also Tourettes is different for everyone so being skeptical because you personally haven't seen someone behave that way irl is kind of stupid.

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #645658

we should have an autism test that if you fail you do not get on the servers