BrickBorg Gets Killed 2 : The Lizard Chronicles

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

BrickBorg Gets Killed 2 : The Lizard Chronicles

Post by Archie700 » #645562

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32018
Literally just straight up killing a Borg because you think Borg players are shitters
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: BrickBorg Gets Killed 2 : The Lizard Chronicles

Post by Pandarsenic » #645563

Maybe carbon players are the real shitters
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #645564

This whole round was miserable for the AI they kept getting their laws changed (source: I was there). If you pull the logs you can probably find about 50 messages of me malding at the captain for saying stuff like "Reporter is my favorite lawset." and stuff like that when they updated laws.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #645590

Tl'dr: Tides the bridge to steal fireaxe. Borg grabs the axe. Kills borg.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #645596

I returned the axe to security after killing the Borg, so I should not be punished.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #645597

On one hand im like don't kill people as a non antag unless you want to risk a bwoink. On the other hand im like if I'm stuck in an airlock, I kind of need to destroy the door to free myself.

Either way this could have easily been de-escalated. Don't be afraid to call for help if a Borg is flashing you and your trying to escape. If they had made an attempt at de-escalation I feel like it would have all blown over since the Borg was just trying to remove the harmful weapon, which they willingly gave up anyways.
► Show Spoiler
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #645598

They didn't even need to be in the Bridge in the first place. No idea why they are victimising themselves.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #645609

what is with this bizarre "I stole it so it's mine but then this asshole tries stealing it from me so I am free to kill them"?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
KniraTwo
Byond Username: Knira

Post by KniraTwo » #645618

Do not look up the appealer's history worst mistake of my life!!!
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #645625

I legitimately think that people forget that silicon players are just like them, real people trying to play the funny spaceman game
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #645626

Drag wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:15 pm I legitimately think that people forget that silicon players are just like them, real people trying to play the funny spaceman game
This statement is patently false. Silicon "players" are highly advanced neural networks trained to perfectly harass crewmembers—especially non-humans.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #645627

CandyClown wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:17 pm
Drag wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:15 pm I legitimately think that people forget that silicon players are just like them, real people trying to play the funny spaceman game
This statement is patently false. Silicon "players" are highly advanced neural networks trained to perfectly harass crewmembers—especially non-humans.
nonhumans deserve neural networks designed to grief them as efficiently as possible tbh
Weston Echard on Sybil
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645629

Why did the borg flash him and steal his axe? He isn't security.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #645639

im surprised at the amount of diverse opinions on this rather mundane ban
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #645641

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:51 pm Why did the borg flash him and steal his axe? He isn't security.
I only tried to take the axe because minutes earlier you were trying to sneak into the AI upload during a large scuffle--and I didn't trust you with it!!
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #645691

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:51 pm Why did the borg flash him and steal his axe? He isn't security.
NoxVS wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:38 pm what is with this bizarre "I stole it so it's mine but then this asshole tries stealing it from me so I am free to kill them"?
Seriously, where did this come from? It isn't magically yours because you stole it before anyone else did. It's just a completely delusional attitude, and it's way more common than it should be. I've seen people complain that engineering unjustly beat them up and stole their insulated gloves and toolbelt (that they had previously stolen from engineering).
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #645692

NoxVS wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:10 pm I've seen people complain that engineering unjustly beat them up and stole their insulated gloves and toolbelt (that they had previously stolen from engineering).
I've had an engineer beat me up and take my tools + gloves simply because I was an assistant and therefore MUST have taken them from engineering(i did not, i got them from cargo). It's not a fun time.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #645700

datorangebottle wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:03 pm
NoxVS wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:10 pm I've seen people complain that engineering unjustly beat them up and stole their insulated gloves and toolbelt (that they had previously stolen from engineering).
I've had an engineer beat me up and take my tools + gloves simply because I was an assistant and therefore MUST have taken them from engineering(i did not, i got them from cargo). It's not a fun time.
You could've shown your receipt or other proof of purchase
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #645702

Each department employee has full purview over all of its tools—whether or not they originate from said department. For example, security is allowed to steal flashes from roboticists, just as cargo is allowed to steal re-appropriate any and all paper on the station. It can get quite interesting when the science and medical departments fight over beakers.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #645784

CandyClown wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:18 am
Each department employee has full purview over all of its tools—whether or not they originate from said department. For example, security is allowed to steal flashes from roboticists, just as cargo is allowed to steal re-appropriate any and all paper on the station. It can get quite interesting when the science and medical departments fight over beakers.
I mean, that logic does exist in some cases. Security is free to confiscate guns from Cargo if they buy them, even if they weren't stolen from Security themselves.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.