i was groomed by this nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

i was groomed by this nut

Post by trexter555 » #646119

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32059

average discord moderator joke
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Re: i was groomed by this nut

Post by Drag » #646120

That is single handled the the most quick 0-100 appeal thread probably on this forum to date
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #646121

bro was a weirdo and sounds like one
admin gives him benefit of the doubt he might have changed
a third party says that no they're a weirdo and will prey on young people in the discord/game

Me personally i'd retract the unban lol...
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #646124

Goof brought up an interesting point in the Discord last night where you would have like one rule 8-y ban appeal once every six months or so... we've had up to 4-5 (tangential) appeals related to Rule 8 in like... the last week or so. And now, we have this?

All I can hope for is that this is the last of a worrying trend.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646126

I feel bad for the headmins on this one. That post put them between a rock and a hard place. If they continue with the unban, they get accused of disregarding people who claim to have been sexually harassed, if they reverse the unban, they get accused of believing allegations without evidence.

In my opinion though, serious allegations require serious evidence. If they can't prove even a tiny part of this, the allegations ought to be dismissed. I understand if the headmins choose the other route, though.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646134

Seems like that allegation fits in with this dude's history and the unbanning was pretty generous so I'd personally retract the unban.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #646138

If this lad manages to get un banned they're gonna be on evey admins radar probably until the new generation of admins filter us out
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #646141

Fuck man what a crazy meme. Let's assume everything Mice World said is true. Is there anything wrong with trying to be sexually active with someone you met on an online atmos sim. Given the nature of the largest severs of this game I'm going to go with not the most crazy shit in the world and afaik we arn't banning fools seen on splurt, skyrat, or even the crazy russian fallout servers. Now given that this isn't an ERP server I can understand why the admins might have an issue with this kinda behavior. However, to play the devils advocate because why not, it's not like we ban all types of lets say fraternization. If it came to light that two players met on /tg/ and started fucking I doubt that the banhammer would be brought down.

If as Mice World says is true, that this is some kind of predator who does this alot then just skimming through his rounds played since theres only like 200 of them should be pretty easy. Didn't someone have a meme to parse through these logs, should be pretty easy just to search for discord.

edit: I did some digging myself through some of his logs, not a-ton but some, found like two times of him mentioning discord at all and alot of the stuff fitting the original ban. I'll keep it on a bookmark for a day or two if any admins want it just send me a pm. I did see that he is a catboy player so that just takes all my goodwill out of play just ban the fucker.
Last edited by Boot on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646142

I think you guys should be a little more careful with the language going on in this peanut - Mice World stated in their post they told the guy these allegations are leveraged against that they were 19, but a lot of the language being used in this thread is typically used for pedophiles - "grooming" in the title, and the other post stating they were "preying on young people".

They're accused of sexual harassment, not predation. Please stick to language reflecting that fact.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #646145

Mice World dosen't have any evidence but given this players history it's not unlikely to be true.

They made a good point that they probably aren't the only player who was targeted by this individual.

Hopefully they come forward since that would back-up Mice World's claims.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #646154

the absolutely craziest part that everyone is missing is that mice world is the person who played Bea Socks, and the entire gimmick of Bea Socks was that she would run around the station naked with only bee socks on, only uttering the words “Bea Socks!” most importantly, she also played on the lowest age setting of 16.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
KniraTwo
Byond Username: Knira

Post by KniraTwo » #646158

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646160

You only fucking lose out no matter what you do
Ban him? Wow you really believed Bea socks
Unban him? Wow you really didn't believe the claim of sexual herassment
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #646167

Why do I keep getting the ban appeals for people who end up being fucking weird
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646189

Timonk wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:55 pm You only fucking lose out no matter what you do
Ban him? Wow you really believed Bea socks
Unban him? Wow you really didn't believe the claim of sexual herassment
He was already banned. Make him get a vouch from another server but remove the one year wait requirement on account of the unverifiable nature of Bea Socks' claim.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #646192

they could also blacklist him to observe for creepy stuff
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646194

Vekter wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:18 pm Why do I keep getting the ban appeals for people who end up being fucking weird
A sign from god
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #646196

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:19 am but a lot of the language being used in this thread is typically used for pedophiles - "grooming" in the title, and the other post stating they were "preying on young people".

They're accused of sexual harassment, not predation. Please stick to language reflecting that fact.

why do you always have to chime in if something is SOMEHOW related to pedophilla

grooming hasnt been only for pedophiles "prepare or train (someone) for a particular purpose or activity.
"star pupils who are groomed for higher things""

You could be groomed into a cult,

and most of the people who call people groomers dont even care about the victim. (thats unrelated i just wanted to say that)

also if they were preying on young people then they are a pedophile
KniraTwo
Byond Username: Knira

Post by KniraTwo » #646197

What the fuck I can't believe this dude played near when I started playing the most.
Also holy moly those logs.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #646198

celularLAmp wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 am
why do you always have to chime in if something is SOMEHOW related to pedophilla

grooming hasnt been only for pedophiles "prepare or train (someone) for a particular purpose or activity.

and most of the people who call people groomers dont even care about the victim. (thats unrelated i just wanted to say that)

also if they were preying on young people then they are a pedophile
If we take Mice World's account as true then they told them that they were 19.
Image Image
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #646199

Deserved a blacklist. Got off light.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #646201

Boot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:35 am
snip
wait i don't even know where the "preying on young people" is from imitates said that someone said that but i dont see where anyone said taht
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646204

celularLAmp wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 amwhy do you always have to chime in if something is SOMEHOW related to pedophilla
What the hell is this tabloid-level characterization? You know damn well it's just because I'm an extremely active forum user and there's been 2 threads related to it recently.
celularLAmp wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 am grooming hasnt been only for pedophiles "prepare or train (someone) for a particular purpose or activity.
Yes, that is another usage of the word, but you know damn well that in the context of the conversation in this thread it's being used in the pedophile sense of the word, considering it's about sexual harassment allegations.
celularLAmp wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 am and most of the people who call people groomers dont even care about the victim. (thats unrelated i just wanted to say that)
I agree.
celularLAmp wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 amalso if they were preying on young people then they are a pedophile
NO. That is NOT what that word means.

Why do you care SO MUCH about definitions when it comes to "grooming", but then when it comes to "pedophile" you give this extremely loose and wrong definition?

I'm pissed off, because you guys are throwing out the word "pedophile" like it's fucking candy. Do ANY of you people realize what a serious and life-destroying accusation that is?

You know what a pedophile is? You want to play the definition game? A pedophile is:

pe·do·phile
/ˈpedəˌfīl/

noun
a person who is sexually attracted to children.

You know what ISN'T a pedophile? People who sexually harass 19 year olds. Nor, for that matter, people who keep pointing out that you absolute fucking lunatics keep calling people who aren't pedophiles, pedophiles! Stop accusing people (like me, or the guy being peanutted) of pedophilia when they aren't accused of being sexually attracted to children! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills for you people doing this and thinking it's acceptable in any way, shape, or form!
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646205

celularLAmp wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:53 am
Boot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:35 am
snip
wait i don't even know where the "preying on young people" is from imitates said that someone said that but i dont see where anyone said taht
See the 3rd post in this thread, from Shadowflame.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #646210

It's odd how such vile words and sentences and actions and grief-to-other-players are made funny to my brain (in a macabre way). I need to get my head checked.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646212

The lizard player is malding, my favourite sight
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646213

Timonk wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:07 am The lizard player is malding, my favourite sight
You're damn right I'm malding! People are throwing around life-destroying accusations with about as much care as they would have for a piece of tissue paper after they've blown their nose in it!

I don't understand why I'm the ONLY person malding about this!
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646215

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:18 am
Timonk wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:07 am The lizard player is malding, my favourite sight
You're damn right I'm malding! People are throwing around life-destroying accusations with about as much care as they would have for a piece of tissue paper after they've blown their nose in it!

I don't understand why I'm the ONLY person malding about this!
Sir, this is a Wendy's 20 year old spess man game shit posting subforum
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #646218

quite a harrowing read, i hope he looks out for himself better in future
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646220

Oh I didn't even realize Mothblocks actually finally responded to the appeal. Guess they're rebanned. Looks like a fairly justified rule 8 ban. I'm glad it didn't just come down to Mice World's accusations with lack of evidence. Good job on the review by headmin team.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646225

I wouldn't like to come forward as a victim.

I haven't been contacted by this creep, he didn't ask me to show my face. However i didn't send my face. Then he didn't ask me to show my dick. I wasn't mortified and i didn't block him.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646228

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:56 am Oh I didn't even realize Mothblocks actually finally responded to the appeal. Guess they're rebanned. Looks like a fairly justified rule 8 ban. I'm glad it didn't just come down to Mice World's accusations with lack of evidence. Good job on the review by headmin team.
All three headmins did their own log diving as part of this. I scraped the last 50 connections, Mothblocks searched his own extensive log archive and Melbert looked at shifts he'd participated in on Scrubby.

All three of us found totally different sets of log entries indicating this person should stay banned. There is a LOT of stuff that had never been caught across their total playtime here.

Mice World's claims were the trigger for that investigation. The unbanning would have flown under the radar as otherwise it was a completely routine handling for an appeal for another admin.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646233

The best outcome has been achieved
We can not go better than that
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #646241

Appeal's done, so this peanut is getting locked