Bob "i am mad at vekter for doing vekter stuff, AMA" peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Bob "i am mad at vekter for doing vekter stuff, AMA" peanut

Post by Timonk » #646589

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32095

>Doesn't know how heretic works
>Notes Antag for round removing one (1) SSD person
>Player gets mad
>This somehow wasn't solved in ahelp??
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Bob "i am mad at vekter for doing vekter stuff, AMA" peanut

Post by Timonk » #646968

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:18 pm Admins have to deal with constant player abuse on a daily basis.
Victim blaming
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #646969

CPTANT wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:30 pm > In your note you were extremely hostile to what was a fairly mundane opening adminhelp

-> Admin calls player a dick -> Player calls admin Manuelmin -> This is somehow "Extreme Hostility" from the player and a "mundane opening" from the admin.

Not gonna lie, calling that "Extreme hostility" kinda lowers my trust for admins describing the tone of conversations.
clownish as fuck
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #646970

Can someone explain how mothblocks got a headmin position when they deal with any criticism towards admin staff this poorly?
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #646971

MSO rigged it by giving the best candidate the host pick and moving him from the voting pool.
Image Image
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646972

Timonk wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:34 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:18 pm Admins have to deal with constant player abuse on a daily basis.
Victim blaming
That is simply the objective truth, whether you choose to deny it or not.

Many admins have all the goodwill, energy and drive to do right and be good and be the better people drilled down by players treating them like shit. The admins that persevere through it all and continue to represent the team with tact and maturity are genuine gems, and we try to help these admins rise to positions of mentorship and training in the hopes they pass their good vibes down the chain.

The admin team as a whole deals with various forms of verbal abuse on a nearly daily basis for trying and make SS13 a fun, fair and awesome game for everyone.

That's not excusing admins, because for every asshole player there's an equally jaded and burned out admin that long since become ticket hardened. They've seen it all before, and don't show compassion or empathy to others because adminning is a chore or duty rather than something fun or interesting. Tickets are condensed down to a simple box ticking exercise. They stop genuinely caring and, as a result, stop listening. And all players want from admins is that we will listen to them and consider what they have to say in genuine good faith.

But the honest truth is that at some point inidividuals from both sides are complicit in this loop. Players get caught up dealing with a cranky shitheel admin. And admins like Vekter often get caught in the crossfire because they're active and not afraid of difficult or evcen unpopular decisions in their goal to make our servers a little bit more kickass than they were yesterday. And then they approach one incident from a flawed perpsective and it all starts up again.

It's a cycle, and it's something I try to remind everyone of from time to time. When answering ahelps. When doing appeals. When responding to complaints. You represent the admin team and you tar the whole lot of us with the same brush. If you're a shitheel admin when dealing with a player, you create a player that dislikes admins. The next admin that has to deal with that player have a higher chance of getting lashed out at. We make a wonderful cycle of shittery, players then making jaded admins.

The flip side is a scenario like a few days ago. I stepped to end a ticket between an admin and a player because the admin was being abused by them in a ticket. And it shouldn't have to be that way. The us-vs-them mentality is utterly asinine. And anyone - player or admin - that perpetuates that utterly pointless trope is poisoning the well for the rest of us, who simply don't give a shit and just want to make spacemans the best it can be.

This ticket should have never played out like it did. The note should have never been placed. And we should have never been here to have this discussion. But the reason this all happened is going to be far more complicated than players going "Vekter bad" and admins going "Bobama bad".

It's why I ask people to be a bit more excellent with eachother, on every side of the discussion. Because I think that is the key to avoiding future incidents like this on a community-level.

However, there are still things admins can be mindful of because ultimately when talking to players we hold the power dynamic. And even if we don't make things better, I at least ask us all to try avoid making things worse.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #646973

Calling someone a manuelmin? Extremely hostile
Calling someone a dick? Just business
► Show Spoiler
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #646974

Man, way to be over dramatic.

If we just cut to the chase, at the end of the day, that is still a heinous ticket that raises some big questionmarks. I get it Timber, sometimes you get caught in a ticket with no right answers, and you'll be in the heat, it happens.

This ticket however, just has me seriously questioning their judgement and thought process, because this isn't a complicated ticket, that is about as straight forward as it gets, there is no case here. So really, what is the neurological pathway that an admin takes to not only threaten a player to stop their perfectly legal and acceptable behavior, but then also punish them after they have been actually coerced into agreeing to their demands??

The only sensible reason for this, as I'm completely speculating here, is that the player called him a "manuelmin" and that's what made him see red and then come up with this incredibly weak reason just to ban / note him, so he can have his revenge. At the very least, if I was headmin and seeing this appeal, I'd be taking this guy out to the side and have a little discussion with them, just asking them "what the fuck is going on?" and so forth.

Listen, it doesn't have to be a cesspit where we just claw at eachother's throats over every single issue. Due dilligence goes a long way to save everyone's nerves, and maybe you forgot, so I will tell you, players generally don't want hungry banbots breathing down their necks, so if you just take a hot minute to check wheter there is even a case here or not, you'll at least avoid having stupid incidents like these.

OK?

With querying regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646975

I'm not saying all admemes bad, or even vekter bad - we all make mistakes and that's okay! You're fine vekter. Just please try to do a bit better, and try to start your ticket on a more neutral tone next time.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #646977

Man I'm not gonna get involved in drama but if an admin is so controversial that like every other thread in this subforum is about them, maybe it'd be best if they step down for atleast a little while
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #646983

All I can really do is say that I'll be more careful in the future and investigate better before talking to someone. I'll say that it'd be nice to be able to make mistakes without getting dragged over the coals every time. All that does is make me not want to do the job anymore.

EDIT: Also, I didn't ask Mothblocks to lock this. I very much disagree with them having done this.
Last edited by Vekter on Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #646984

This is just a sad affair of events. Shame some admins defended this and makes the team look shitty as a result.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #646985

Okay, I feel bad now Vekter, it's all good, nothing personal
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #646987

SSD killing has always been a no no in lrp you dinks. I thought there was a clause in rule 4 about this?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #646988

Vekter wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:44 am All I can really do is say that I'll be more careful in the future and investigate better before talking to someone. I'll say that it'd be nice to be able to make mistakes without getting dragged over the coals every time. All that does is make me not want to do the job anymore.
I would like players and admins a like to adopt this view but your mistake its like "bruh did you even read the rules?" Rule 4 tells you what antags can be punished for. It doesn't help when admins defend and close the thread which doesn't help put out the fire at all and just creates a greater divide between players and admin. All be it the last part isn't you fault this just should had never happened in the first place and you/team should had just admitted mistakes were made or should had just left the thread open even to let it be lost to time.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #646989

when does hunterxhunter get good?

i'm at like episode 20
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #646991

pretty embarrassing that the supposedly "extremely hostile" behavior was him just calling vekter a manuelmin like once
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #646992

Capsandi wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:55 am SSD killing has always been a no no in lrp you dinks. I thought there was a clause in rule 4 about this?
Not on TG, don't know where you heard this.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #646995

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:51 pm 1- it seems to be Vekter a lot
Vekter is one of our most active supportmins and most active admins. It stands to reason that admins that are more active are going to get appeals and make mistakes sheerly through volume of activity.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646996

It was a fuck up but if it was acknowledged to be a fuck up and corrected so I'm not sure what the problem is? Maybe vekter can take a break for a week or two if they're feeling heated about it. Also not really sure why everyone is basically repeating what other people have already said.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #646997

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:48 am Also not really sure why everyone is basically repeating what other people have already said.
Peanut threads are a place for everyone to post their opinion. You don't really need to read any post in a peanut thread, you just need to have read the appeal and have an opinion. That's it. You don't have to read the opinion of other people, you don't have to respond to a post.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647001

We should promote vekter to headmin and let him have a reign of terror to get it all out of his systen
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647002

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:26 am We should promote vekter to headmin and let him have a reign of terror to get it all out of his systen
If we ban everyone, then no one can break any rules
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647004

i blame heretic for not allowing me to one shot the guy before he goes ssd

if it was ling/tator/any antag other then one without any tools it'd be possible!!!

also all our ingame gps's except for the nuke disk pinpointer kind of suck
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #647013

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:30 pm Long post
I wouldn't call it a heinous ticket. That's hyperbole from the other direction and I think we have all had enough of that.

It is a dumb ticket with an equally pointless resolution.

I don't know why all the stars and planets became aligned to create the perfect storm in a teacup where an LRP antag got noted for killing an objective target, the note had such incredibly poor wording, the ticket had limited investigation, you get the idea.

But I think it's something we can all learn from, at least before the next admin creates the next drama storm.

Ultimately the note was appealed and revoked without any argument. That should absolutely be commended and the process was made as painless as possible by Vekter.

As a headmin I care more about admins identifying and rectifying mistakes than the utterly inevitable fact that mistakes will at some point be made.

Most of the drama from stems from the actions of the headmin team in how this appeal was followed up, including a post berating the appealer and locking this thread criticising it all.

Neither decision particularly benefitted Vekter in retrospect, and only played into us-vs-them mentality as it becomes a public image matter. And I am sure the headmin team has taken MSO's input on board as our term reaches its conclusion.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647014

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:16 am when does hunterxhunter get good?

i'm at like episode 20
the arc that starts on episode 27 is pretty good but episode 76 has the best arc
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #647017

Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:11 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:16 am when does hunterxhunter get good?

i'm at like episode 20
the arc that starts on episode 27 is pretty good but episode 76 has the best arc
Hunter Exam arc/Heavens Arena arc - ok, a bit generic shounen

Yorknew City arc - Great

Greed Island arc - bad and completely pointless

Chimera Ant arc - Really good but a bit long a times. It has some seriously epic moments though.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #647031

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:18 pm For the sake of full transparency, I am going to post the ticket log that led to this appeal. Players can draw their own conclusions from it based on what Mothblocks said.
Spoiler:
From Ticket #2 during round 186586 on Sybil
Ticket opened at 2022-07-13 21:14:50 by vekter
Log:
21:14:50: Ticket Opened by-vekter: Hey, try not to sack people who are SSD, please. Kind of dickish.
21:15:48: Reply from-bobama: when my targets go ssd am i supposed to just stop playing manuelmin??
21:16:58: Reply from-vekter: No, but if you see someone who's SSD, it might be better to wait a second and see if they come back. That guy said he was reconnecting and you sacked him while he was dropped. Which isn't really something you have control over, but it's still dickish to just toss someone if they're SSD.
21:17:23: Reply from-vekter: Remember, your goal is to make the round interesting for people, not necessarily to win at all costs.
21:19:36: Reply from-vekter: Do you understand what I'm asking of you? Also I didn't put you there, I have no idea how you got there.
21:20:40: Reply from-bobama: yeah I'll try not to round remove ssd people
21:21:35: Vekter/(Pleiades IX) has created a note for BOBAMA<br />Asked not to round remove SSD people if he can help it.
21:21:39: Resolved by Vekter
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.14.0
If you disagree with any assertions about their rudeness or hostility, consider that players only have to deal with admins intermittently. Admins have to deal with constant player abuse on a daily basis. Nobody, player nor admin, honestly knows what kind of day the other person has had and being shitty to eachother for no reason doesn't benefit anyone. The best course of action is for everyone to be excellent to each other, because at the end of each screen is another real life person.
Wow, from the way this ticket was described I assumed it was the far more common Ticket Opened:"Sorry to bother you but please don't decapitate the clown for fun as captain"-> Reply:"fuck you asshole i do what i want" ticket type. Surprised to find out its something so petty.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647080

RaveRadbury wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:47 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:51 pm 1- it seems to be Vekter a lot
Vekter is one of our most active supportmins and most active admins. It stands to reason that admins that are more active are going to get appeals and make mistakes sheerly through volume of activity.
thats a fair point
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647081

yeah the exam arc was a lot of fun
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #647226

Things like this absolutely abolish any player-admin trust that's been built up and bring it all down to step one; in all honesty, it's just sad. The note itself is incredibly questionable; whatever these things happen, it by itself wouldn't be such a big issue it would get laughed at, removed then people would move on. But then you've got mothblocks claiming that the ticket was "extremely hostile" which is just a lie. Any trust that could've been retained by leaving it has now been fucking shattered and smashed because if they're lying about shit like this what else are they lying about?
It's why I ask people to be a bit more excellent with eachother, on every side of the discussion. Because I think that is the key to avoiding future incidents like this on a community-level
Saying this after the prior headmin's comment on the 'hostility' of the ticket (which from an outside perspective comes off as a joke after seeing the contents) is a fucking huge LOL. Incidents like this turn into shitfests because of the lack of trust. People don't trust admins to make good calls, and it's only getting worse.