there is a nut among us

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

there is a nut among us

Post by trexter555 » #647005

viewtopic.php?p=647003#p647003

zyb getting banned because of an amogus admin spawn is one of the funniest things ive seen
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Re: there is a nut among us

Post by toemas » #647006

What a dumbass
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647007

when you try to call out the among us in game and you get the silent shame of the soft-mute
► Show Spoiler
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #647008

On one hand im really tired of the among us jokes in ss13 but still good that zyb got in trouble
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #647009

Admin Events Be Like: https://youtu.be/LChInJR4NFQ
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
KniraTwo
Byond Username: Knira

Post by KniraTwo » #647010

if zyb didn't make one among us joke about killing the mime I'm gonna assume they are always in the wrong
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #647011

Justified tbh
Only thing that bothers me is that they should've put more effort into confirming Antag status
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #647012

All mimes should be assumed antags before even searching them for tator gear, that's just good secwork tbh.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647025

"a mime stunned me so I'm allowed to kill them if someone interferes with the arrest" how was this dude not sec banned?
Last edited by Lacran on Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #647027

Lacran wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:22 pm "I mime stunned me so I'm allowed to kill them if someone interferes with the arrest" how was this dude not sec banned?
Lethals are an appropriate response to a charging stun baton. It is the deadliest weapon on the station.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647029

massa wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:30 pm
Lacran wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:22 pm "I mime stunned me so I'm allowed to kill them if someone interferes with the arrest" how was this dude not sec banned?
Lethals are an appropriate response to a charging stun baton. It is the deadliest weapon on the station.
Did you read the appeal
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647032

Rule 4 wrote:Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
I personally wouldn't leap right to execution, but I feel like "breaks into the brig, steals stun baton, tries to actively hunt down Sec Members in the brig to use said baton on" is Acting Like An Antag. He still tried to arrest properly despite that, and only harmbaton'd to death once it wasn't viable anymore.
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647041

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:02 pm
I personally wouldn't leap right to execution, but I feel like "breaks into the brig, steals stun baton, tries to actively hunt down Sec Members in the brig to use said baton on" is Acting Like An Antag. He still tried to arrest properly despite that, and only harmbaton'd to death once it wasn't viable anymore.
That's true.
The logs weren't posted but it does look like the mime actually beat them into half hp on the brig which does lend credence to them having a motive beyond just theft.

The officer apparantly killed the mime in perma because the mob couldn't open doors? Which at that point why is the killing of the mime necessary?
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647046

Lacran wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:00 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:02 pm
That's true.
The logs weren't posted but it does look like the mime actually beat them into half hp on the brig which does lend credence to them having a motive beyond just theft.

The officer apparantly killed the mime in perma because the mob couldn't open doors? Which at that point why is the killing of the mime necessary?
I mean it MIGHT be able to get in somehow. An Impostor 'venting' wouldn't be unreasonable to assume, or maybe it can break the airlock.

It's an unfortunate circumstance, but none of it would've happened if the Mime didn't decide to actively try to use his newly stolen baton on Sec.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #647049

The only thing Zyb did wrong is execute the mime after he was cuffed and in the brig. Unless something has changed stealing sec gear made you valid. The mime acted like a shitter and got what was coming to him.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #647050

you guys are ignoring the very crucial detail that he's Zyb so the ban is deserved regardless
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #647051

This looks like a fun one.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #647055

I didn't know this at the time but the mime was Lucy Cicero which instantly makes both the self-antagging and the prompt admin interest much clearer.

I would post in policy discussion a suggestion to give the sybil metagang special ingame HUD icons so SEC knows who they can actually enforce station rules against without a *bwoink* but it would come across as passive aggressive when it's completely sincere, someone post it for me.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #647058

Zybwivcz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:26 pm I didn't know this at the time but the mime was Lucy Cicero which instantly makes both the self-antagging and the prompt admin interest much clearer.

I would post in policy discussion a suggestion to give the sybil metagang special ingame HUD icons so SEC knows who they can actually enforce station rules against without a *bwoink* but it would come across as passive aggressive when it's completely sincere, someone post it for me.
get out of your own peanut you clown

also who is lucy cicero
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #647063

greenshift btw
Weston Echard on Sybil
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #647066

blackdav123 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:41 am greenshift btw
You say this like it's remotely predictable from the behavior of the usual permashitters.
NoxVS wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:49 pm get out of your own peanut you clown
I can't post in the appeal thread to say "If you start a fight with SEC and lose and get killed as a result you shouldn't be able to ahelp" until someone else posts or I'll look crazy.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647068

NoxVS wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:49 pm
Zybwivcz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:26 pm I didn't know this at the time but the mime was Lucy Cicero which instantly makes both the self-antagging and the prompt admin interest much clearer.

get out of your own peanut you clown

also who is lucy cicero
you dont get to say "don't post in your own peanut" jannie
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647085

NoxVS wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:49 pm

also who is lucy cicero
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #647125

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:12 am you dont get to say "don't post in your own peanut" jannie
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #647143

I actually haven't seen "admin favoritism/conspiracy" in a while, I was starting to think we were moving past it. Oh well.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #647146

Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm

I actually haven't seen "admin favoritism/conspiracy" in a while, I was starting to think we were moving past it. Oh well.
its zyb he's not particularly bright
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #647167

Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm

Never forget the nervere incident
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #647169

Timonk wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm I actually haven't seen "admin favoritism/conspiracy" in a while, I was starting to think we were moving past it. Oh well.
I wasn't around for that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #647204

I like a lot of things in the appeal.

>Mime stole my baton
The mime picked up a baton zyb threw.

>"Absolutely no reasonable player with any experience playing SEC is going to see it as just resisting arrest and running off with a dropped item. Continuing to try to stamcrit me despite risking getting hit by a flashbang or getting caught by other SEC is way beyond normal tider behavior."
Yet the mime turned out to be non antag after all and just a greytider, doesn't seem so reasonable.

>The amogus could have ventcrawled in
Unless it could have given the power of ventcrawl to a perma prisoner, what difference would this make? Also what is vent welding?

Thanks, zyb. You could've taken this one quietly but instead you've provided us with cheap entertainment throwing everything at the wall in this appeal.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #647206

>immediately threatens permabrig to mime for trespassing brig
>mime greytides nonharmfully in response
>surprised pikachu face
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #647209

I understand the importance of quoting several snippets piecemeal back and forth to dissect the other person's argument and further your own point with an equal sentence, but boy howdy if my eyes aren't a bit parched after staring at that through a few times,
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #647222

Valid note but the mime is a bitch for ahelping.

The mime should probably also be noted for there part in this.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647224

the only admin conspiracy here is there being no admins when I want to tc trade 30 tc for a rocket launcher
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647235

Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:32 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm I actually haven't seen "admin favoritism/conspiracy" in a while, I was starting to think we were moving past it. Oh well.
Nervere was a big piece of shit who tried to have me blacklisted for "nazism" because i called the fuckboy catgirl player he ERPed with a stupid polack after he sent me 60 messages telling me to kill myself completely unprompted since i never talked to the fucking bottom before. Retard forgot i could just screencap the messages his bum chum sent me on discord
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #647236

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:30 pm
Nervere was a big piece of shit who tried to have me blacklisted for "nazism" because i called the fuckboy catgirl player he ERPed with a stupid polack after he sent me 60 messages telling me to kill myself completely unprompted since i never talked to the fucking bottom before. Retard forgot i could just screencap the messages his bum chum sent me on discord
Funny enough that wasn't even one of the three first Nervere incidents that came to mind.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647237

Thats just the one i remember because im senile but it personally affected me
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #647252

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:30 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:32 pm I wasn't around for that.
I never said it never happens, mind. I just like to think we've weeded out most of the folks who are like that.

Also I find it hilarious that he called you a nazi.
Spoiler:

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #647254

Archie700 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:09 am >immediately threatens permabrig to mime for trespassing brig
Tram has genpop, every sentence is permabrig
Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm blah blah blah
blah blah blah
It is the duty of every tgstation forum user to read through every thinking cap subforum thread.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647265

Capsandi wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:55 pm
Archie700 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:09 am >immediately threatens permabrig to mime for trespassing brig
Tram has genpop, every sentence is permabrig
Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:41 pm blah blah blah
blah blah blah
It is the duty of every tgstation forum user to read through every thinking cap subforum thread.
Things were fun
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #647273

Crag what are the chances that shezza has a blackmail on nervere
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647275

Timonk wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:34 pm Crag what are the chances that shezza has a blackmail on nervere
depends on how concerned nervere is with having his sexual habits revealed considering the two of them were cybersexing like mormon teens on AOL messenger
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #647280

Nervere was probably like
*Touches ur kid*
And shezza was like
Ha! Got you! To horny slavery with you
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #647282

This post was time limited.

Please purchase a Drama Gold account to read it.
Last edited by Nabski on Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #647295

dont run for head admin unless you're ready for LITERALLY (LITERALLY) TWELVE THOUSAND+ WORD APPEALS
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #647298

Mothblocks wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:37 am dont run for head admin unless you're ready for LITERALLY (LITERALLY) TWELVE THOUSAND+ WORD APPEALS
I was pretty taken aback by this one. I looked at it and thought I was staring at a fucking novel.
CursedBirb
Byond Username: Cursed Birb

Post by CursedBirb » #647301

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:14 am
Mothblocks wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:37 am dont run for head admin unless you're ready for LITERALLY (LITERALLY) TWELVE THOUSAND+ WORD APPEALS
I was pretty taken aback by this one. I looked at it and thought I was staring at a fucking novel.
Im going to tell you this as someone who reads novels. I have seen quite a lot with chapters being half of what zyb wrote with few that are slightly longer than this
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #647304

Admin: hahaha, I will crush him with my detailed explanation
Also Admin 5 posts later: 😫

With intricate regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647305

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:54 amYet the mime turned out to be non antag after all and just a greytider, doesn't seem so reasonable.
Sec's actions aren't judged based on whether someone turns out to be an antag, they're judged on whether they had justification based on their own limited information.

Executing the mime after he was within brig doors, and separated from the red amongus, is the most damning bit here for Zyb. It's hard to judge what happened from attack logs, but if the Mime was trying to stamcrit him, does this qualify as attempt murder and justify killing the Mime? He is right in that he shouldn't be expected to wait to get stamcrit and then see what the Mime decides to do with him (if the Mime were an antag, that would get him killed and then no arrest would be possible anyway!).

But once someone is restrained and detained, you really need rock solid proof they are evil to execute them. Perma/gulag, slow shoes, double implants, is the safer option especially from an ahelp perspective.
Spoiler:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #647306

After reading the fucking dissertation that is this appeal - I agree with zyb. The mime had every chance to escape, but instead it spent it's time trying to stamcrit an officer. That was blatantly antagonistic behaviour. The bit with the amogus making him an escape risk is silly, but within the overall context of the entire situation, I personally think it's acceptable, if barely. I don't think zyb was trying to validhunt the mime, since he only executed him when a 3rd party interfered. Appeal should be accepted, in my opinion, because ultimately the mime was in the wrong for causing this entire situation in the first place. Mime acted like an antagonist and got treated like one.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #647307

If someone's being an annoying tider give them a 450 point gulag sentence.

70% chance they will ghost and your problem will be resolved.