Peanut thread - Lucy cicero brawls with her friends, gets banned.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Peanut thread - Lucy cicero brawls with her friends, gets banned.

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #647093

Bottom post of the previous page:

Peanut thread for: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32117

Basically, Lucy Cicero keeps fighting with her friends in public areas for no legit IC RP reasons, and it's apparently interfering with shifts. The ban reason implies they have been spoken to about this issue before, therefore making this most likely a ban under rules 0&1. However, something tells me a lot of people might not agree with the ban, hence the peanut thread.

Free fuel for you guys to reeee about - I agree with the ban - if you're noted for something, you stop doing it and you appeal the note if you disagree with it. Ignoring the note and continuing your actions regardless, it's your own fault if you get banned for that. Of course, this is ASSUMING they were noted for this in the past, I can only work based on assumptions here, but the ban reason does imply they have been.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Peanut thread - Lucy cicero brawls with her friends, gets banned.

Post by RaveRadbury » #647219

upheld ban
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #647221

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 am I still don’t really understand the ban. Should people avoid fighting in departments? It’s only a problem if it keeps happening I suppose but I find myself in fights very often - do I now have to ensure all of them take place in the halls to avoid the possibility of disturbing someone and getting noted?

That’s a bit silly to me. If you’re not actually preventing people from doing their job, e.g. healing people, then your presence itself really shouldn’t be ahelpable.
Bruh I am not stopping you from doing your job by running my klaxon in here shut the fuck up bro I'm just having fun do your job I'm not stopping you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5sp4WgbWnY

what do you mean I'm distracting you I'm not touching you are you gonna say that being in your space is a problem what are you gonna do ahelp me?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #647225

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 am I still don’t really understand the ban. Should people avoid fighting in departments? It’s only a problem if it keeps happening I suppose but I find myself in fights very often - do I now have to ensure all of them take place in the halls to avoid the possibility of disturbing someone and getting noted?

That’s a bit silly to me. If you’re not actually preventing people from doing their job, e.g. healing people, then your presence itself really shouldn’t be ahelpable.
Tldr: Don't play sybil
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #647233

I think it's because they were doing it over and over every single shift and it was massively interfering with other people's shifts.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #647234

People have already given reasons:
1. It wastes supplies if people loot the medical supplies to heal themselves
2. It distracts doctors by making them heal/revive the brawlers instead of other people needing medical treatment especially during high stress situations (morguing or borging them can't be done the first time)
3. People not aware of the gimmick might interfere and the brawl might turn messy
4. One reason not stated, this is especially troubling for asimov silicons, who have to intervene on those fights on sight when they see them and may end up having to kill nonhumans involved because of it

And this was done over multiple shifts and Lucy has been warned of this before
I don't even believe there was an IC reason for those fights besides people just suddenly shoving and fighting each other, at least from what I've seen of it
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #647238

These people are just clearly control freaks at this point. They aren't enforcing rules that make the game better, just imposing their sensibilities and behaviors on others and physically removing them with their appointed power. 4 days jit?
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647239

"hey don't do something that just disrupts everyone else and makes it worse for them, and has no purpose other than entertaining you and like, three other people. do it somewhere else if you MUST do it"

"THIS IS ABUSE OF POWER! THIS IS LIKE GEORGE ORWELL'S 1984!!!"
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647241

I can't randomly brawl with my metafriends for weeks on end ignoring any and all issues involved with it. Literally animal farm 1984
massa

Post by massa » #647242

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:30 pm "hey don't do something that just disrupts everyone else and makes it worse for them, and has no purpose other than entertaining you and like, three other people. do it somewhere else if you MUST do it"

"THIS IS ABUSE OF POWER! THIS IS LIKE GEORGE ORWELL'S 1984!!!"
Stop coping dude. It doesn't disrupt shit, it's just some greys shoving eachother in the hallway. This has been the case since literally over a decade ago. It's just art, the flow of a river, and irrelevant. It's fun, it's the game, it's /tg/station. It's a non-issue, these bans are a mix of control freaks and an attempt to shift server culture.

Medbay's "resources" aren't drained, and medbay thieves are dealt with. You're just fine with this imposing of behaviors. A lot of these recent bans have been admins having a problem with culture, and the actual population of their servers. That's weird, and it's creating a rift that people are bitching pretty loud about. This isn't about the rules, and this isn't about "disruption".
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #647243

That's it guys, consensual brawls are now forbidden.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
massa

Post by massa » #647245

A lot of the people shitting on this ban as somehow deserved are Manuel players? You'd prefer servers that weren't as chaotic, but why are you trying to bring that to Sybil? You got your OWN server to get away from what we do, specifically segregated to avoid this. We do not want this server culture on LRP.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647249

CPTANT wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:38 pm That's it guys, consensual brawls are now forbidden.
Go to the boxing ring.
Go to the holodeck.
Build a rage cage.
Start a fight club in maint.
Ask the department head for permission to duel in their department.
Literally anything except "there my metafrien so wejust punch each othr xd"
► Show Spoiler
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647251

massa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:40 pm A lot of the people shitting on this ban as somehow deserved are Manuel players? You'd prefer servers that weren't as chaotic, but why are you trying to bring that to Sybil? You got your OWN server to get away from what we do, specifically segregated to avoid this. We do not want this server culture on LRP.
It's not chaotic if you do it all the fucking time, it's just fucking weird to Fight Club your metafriends in people's workplaces
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #647253

This is why metagangs are cringe and proof that the only value they generate is drama.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #647255

If you haven't been disruptive enough to get a "hey tone it down" note then you don't really need to worry about it
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #647260

massa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:40 pm A lot of the people shitting on this ban as somehow deserved are Manuel players? You'd prefer servers that weren't as chaotic, but why are you trying to bring that to Sybil? You got your OWN server to get away from what we do, specifically segregated to avoid this. We do not want this server culture on LRP.
I counted 22 individuals who (as far as I could tell) voiced support for this ban being deserved. I also threw myself in to the count because why not. Using publicly available scrubby play hours, I have discovered the following:

Of those 22 individuals, a grand total of 6, or roughly 27% of those supporting this ban, are MRP players. An MRP player, in this instance, is defined as a player with more MRP hours than LRP hours.

The remaining 16 players who appeared to voice support for this ban were all players with significantly more LRP hours than MRP hours. That is roughly 73% of all support for the ban found in this thread.

Fun fact - Of that 16 players, 14 of them have more LRP hours than you! That's roughly 64% of all people supporting this ban! Isn't math wonderful?

So, to sum things up:
massa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:40 pm A lot of the people shitting on this ban as somehow deserved are Manuel players?
Citation needed.
massa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:40 pm We do not want this server culture on LRP.
Citation needed.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #647263

massa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:36 pm Medbay's "resources" aren't drained.
Just think about how stupid this is. How many times a shift do you think sutures and mesh are being replenished? I've seen botany give us the mats for it maybe 5 times and we are already using our cargo order to get more blood since we already had to burn through 4 bags on the brawlers. Every start of the shift there is a mad dash for the medkits and Multiver that arn't behind locked doors. Whenever I try to save some resources by using surgery or cryo people act like im trying to molest them.
Last edited by Boot on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647264

NoxVS wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:46 pm snip
Based math
Though I’m curious if I count as an MRP player. I’m a Sybillite through and through, but I do like roleplay when it’s not done the Manuel way.
► Show Spoiler
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #647266

OWNED by counting numbers, ahahahaha!!

With statistically likely regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #647267

Boot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:45 pm Just think about how stupid this is. How many times a shift do you think sutures and mesh are being replenished? I've seen botany give us the mats for it maybe 5 times and we are already using our cargo order to get more blood since we already had to burn through 4 bags on the brawlers. Every start of the shift there is a mad dash for the medkits and Multiver that arn't behind locked doors. Whenever I try to save some resources by using surgery or cryo people act like im trying to molest them.
it takes like less than a minute to make healing chems now that fermichem is gone. If your consistently using cryo/surgery on living people, then your not a very good doctor
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647268

have fun somewhere else shithead
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #647269

I don’t get what the fuss is about. I don’t think that telling people to be more considerate about how they go about having their fun so as to minimize problems (see archie post and Lucy’s note history) is an unfair or unreasonable thing to do. In Lucy’s case it did not appear that telling them did/would achieve much so I escalated to a ban.

If it means anything to you Lucy I’ll join you in a 3 day ban myself
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #647272

toemas wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:55 pm it takes like less than a minute to make healing chems now that fermichem is gone. If your consistently using cryo/surgery on living people, then your not a very good doctor
FERMICHEM IS GONE WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN I'VE BEEN ON BREAK TOO LONG
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #647274

Farquaar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:52 pm
Based math
Though I’m curious if I count as an MRP player. I’m a Sybillite through and through, but I do like roleplay when it’s not done the Manuel way.
You were considered an LRP player for this. If you go on scrubby and check your ckey, it will show your hours. Those who had more combined MRP hours were considered MRP players. Those who had more combined LRP hours were considered LRP players. I believe for the vast majority (since I may be forgetting some examples that go against what I am about to say) of players, the difference was a matter of days rather than hours. So no real cases of something like a person having a 1 hour difference and as such is considered to belong to whatever group had 1 more hour of playtime than the other
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #647277

NoxVS wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:46 pm math
btfod

CursedBirb
Byond Username: Cursed Birb

Post by CursedBirb » #647283

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:32 pm
toemas wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:55 pm it takes like less than a minute to make healing chems now that fermichem is gone. If your consistently using cryo/surgery on living people, then your not a very good doctor
FERMICHEM IS GONE WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN I'VE BEEN ON BREAK TOO LONG
If I recall it was this week and its not gone but gutted.
Now when you make libital and get 75% purity you have all that chem with 75%. Zero bad stuff only that chem. Now that you know that purity still exist it's matter only for two things: 1. Chems like libital which heal is based on purity. 2. Inverted chems. Now when you cross inverted threshold your chem becomes all inverted. So TLDR: the worst part was removed
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647284

CursedBirb wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:36 am If I recall it was this week and its not gone but gutted.
Now when you make libital and get 75% purity you have all that chem with 75%. Zero bad stuff only that chem. Now that you know that purity still exist it's matter only for two things: 1. Chems like libital which heal is based on purity. 2. Inverted chems. Now when you cross inverted threshold your chem becomes all inverted. So TLDR: the worst part was removed
Oh nice, we still get to keep inverted chems and a reason to monitor pH without having to make synthflesh patches with a chem content including twenty decimal places.
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #647310

Local tgstation players physically unable to not run thing that was funny to them once into the ground and get it taken away from everyone, what else is new
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
massa

Post by massa » #647313

Based math
no if you scroll down your melonmesa it's basically 2 straight years of manuel sorry bro

also your takes are MRP in general

I knew I was right to ignore Nox's fake bogus statistics!!!
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #647315

nobody is saying you cant get into dumb brawls with your friends but if you get to the point where every single round medbay mains see you talking on common radio and start pre-emptively making sulfonal and circular saws for when you show up and make a mess of everything its probably justifiable for admins to ask you to chill a little
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647316

Archie700 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:17 pm People have already given reasons:
1. It wastes supplies if people loot the medical supplies to heal themselves
2. It distracts doctors by making them heal/revive the brawlers instead of other people needing medical treatment especially during high stress situations (morguing or borging them can't be done the first time)
3. People not aware of the gimmick might interfere and the brawl might turn messy
4. One reason not stated, this is especially troubling for asimov silicons, who have to intervene on those fights on sight when they see them and may end up having to kill nonhumans involved because of it
1. There are worse things than a medikit getting stolen, I recommend stocking up as a doctor or getting healing chems. The person is open to escalation for looting them regardless.
2. No one is “making” the doctors revive the brawlers. You can just, you know, not heal them if you want, and heal other people instead.
3. If you interfere in a fight you have no context about, it’s on you, but in this situation again no one was injured and it never turned messy. If an innocent doctor dies as a result then of course now that’s something you’d ahelp.
4. Asimov++ was literally created in part to allow consensual fights and make it clear to silicons they aren’t expected to interfere in these.
nianjilical wrote:-snip-
This makes sense.
Spoiler:
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #647318

The issue in this case is because Lucy was warned multiple times to stop the behavior they were now recently banned for. It's one thing to fuck around in the halls or in the holodeck, it's another to completely derail a department and steal the attention of multiple people who just want you to leave. And let me be very clear, The warnings and ban cropped up because of the LOCATION and the FREQUENCY IN THE LOCATION. This situation absolutely falls under rule 1 and 12 because of how it directly impacts other people, the fighting is annoying at best and round ruining at worst.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #647347

i think that because it involves this lucy cicero chap that it was a valid ban
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647359

massa wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:23 pm
Based math
no if you scroll down your melonmesa it's basically 2 straight years of manuel sorry bro

also your takes are MRP in general

I knew I was right to ignore Nox's fake bogus statistics!!!
I personally saw the decline of Manuel in real time. Hence why I went back to Sybil, where the real MRP is at.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647360

not enough racism on manuel tbh
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647376

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:08 am not enough racism on manuel tbh
True. It’s why the xeno metagangs have flourished to the point of departmental dominance.
► Show Spoiler
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #647415

Farquaar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:30 am True. It’s why the xeno metagangs have flourished to the point of departmental dominance.
I stg you bring this up every time even when it's not on topic. Looking forward to your follow up on why static naming is bad.

We get it, you vape.

P.S. Love you bby fr fr you're an oldie and a goldie
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647425

RaveRadbury wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:06 pm
Farquaar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:30 am True. It’s why the xeno metagangs have flourished to the point of departmental dominance.
I stg you bring this up every time even when it's not on topic. Looking forward to your follow up on why static naming is bad.

We get it, you vape.

heart emoji is a stinky lizerd
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #647428

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:41 pm heart emoji is a stinky lizerd
Crag is right
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647429

Manuel def has a metagang/clique issue, but its not a non human thing.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647438

RaveRadbury wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:06 pm

We get it, you vape.

I should develop citations for my forum posts so I can draw from my existing body of work.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:41 pm heart emoji is a stinky lizerd
True but we love her anyway
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #647439

Fart emoji
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647449

Timonk wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:05 amFart emoji
Mooshimi
Byond Username: Mooshimi

Post by Mooshimi » #647469

Farquaar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:42 am Did he stop fighting with his metafriend when his coworkers told him to stop or gtfo to a boxing ring? Or was the admin interaction the first pushback the behaviour received? (I’m talking about over time, not just the banning instance)
I've personally had lots of headbutting with Lucy Cicero about this IC, before starting to ticket. Like, this is the same behavior from 2019.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #647472

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:40 am
Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 am If you're so punch happy take it to holodeck or library instead of medbay
Little squabbles breaking out in departments is a good thing, it adds life to them. The conflict and chaos is part of why it’s fun to play a multiplayer game. If the goal was a job simulator with peace and quiet, LRP isn’t the best option.
it's already upheld and over but do you read at all?
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #647474

Medbay mains don't actually want to do healing
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #647493

Boot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:45 pm
massa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:36 pm Medbay's "resources" aren't drained.
Just think about how stupid this is. How many times a shift do you think sutures and mesh are being replenished? I've seen botany give us the mats for it maybe 5 times and we are already using our cargo order to get more blood since we already had to burn through 4 bags on the brawlers. Every start of the shift there is a mad dash for the medkits and Multiver that arn't behind locked doors. Whenever I try to save some resources by using surgery or cryo people act like im trying to molest them.
synthflesh factory
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #647559

celularLAmp wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:54 am
Boot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:45 pm Just think about how stupid this is. How many times a shift do you think sutures and mesh are being replenished? I've seen botany give us the mats for it maybe 5 times and we are already using our cargo order to get more blood since we already had to burn through 4 bags on the brawlers. Every start of the shift there is a mad dash for the medkits and Multiver that arn't behind locked doors. Whenever I try to save some resources by using surgery or cryo people act like im trying to molest them.
synthflesh factory
1. Doctors don't got access to the chem factory room.
2. I ain't signing up as a medical doctor to do the chemists job.
Image Image