Punisher QM punishes and gets punished peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Punisher QM punishes and gets punished peanut

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647377

viewtopic.php?t=32130&view=unread#unread

>steals dets gun and scanner
>scans emagged doors for prints
>Kills 2 unannounced and quiet traitors
>kills a guy who sees him dragging the headless corpse of the unknown traitor clown
>All as the QM who's valid hunting instead of running cargo

This is why rounds get so boring. Play sec next time! And use the brig!
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: Punisher QM punishes and gets punished peanut

Post by chocolate_bickie » #647380

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:40 am viewtopic.php?t=32130&view=unread#unread
This is why rounds get so boring. Play sec next time! And use the brig!
B-b-but if I play security I have to follow space law!

I just want to round remove people for bugging offices. Is that really so bad?
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #647384

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:40 am viewtopic.php?t=32130&view=unread#unread

not saying that validhunting is based, but you can literally let the crew run cargo by putting all doors on emergency
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647385

>kills a guy who sees him dragging the headless corpse of the unknown traitor clown

gods of the player's club forgive me for the sin of posting in my own peanut but.
i do not recall myself dragging his headless corpse to clarify he originally came at me because i was deemed a potential antag for killing the traitor clown
Last edited by XII3912 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647386

>posting in your own bread
>double posting
>Not using quotes right

You are going to the re-education chamber jimbo. No cameras, Suit-Sensors removed, Radio is EMP'd shoe-cuffs have been applied, straightjacketed and Electropacked to boot
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #647389

He was having fun
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #647391

XII3912 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 pm gods of the player's club forgive me for the sin of posting in my own peanut but.
Hey there! I'm not God, but close enough:

It's O. K. to post in your own peanut, I have written down a full manifesto to support this motion: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=32089

As a resident rules-lawyer (not any way shape or form connected to the real world profession, PLEASE CONSULT A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL FOR YOUR LEGAL QUERIES) however, I would strongly advise to use discretion, as everything you say here will be used against you.

With 🥜 regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647392

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:26 pm With 🥜 regards
-BONERMASTER
Sorry bonermaster but I disagree. If you spend all your energy defending yourself here, in this thread. You won't have enough energy to spend in the thread that matters. You should therefore not comment in your own peanut thread, and split your energy between two threads.

Also the lack of an anime avatar makes you no longer the master of my
► Show Spoiler
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #647394

Wasting a good job slot just to balidhunt instead of running cargo and roleplaying.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #647400

nobody is talking about the most heartbreaking part of this

Code: Select all

SAY: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) "muh fihs" (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (135,183,2))
his fish :'(
Spoiler:

XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647401

Scriptis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:48 pm nobody is talking about the most heartbreaking part of this

SAY: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) "muh fihs" (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (135,183,2))
his fish :'(
imagine if it gets extended to 2 days because i killed him + the fish
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #647405

The issue with Nick is that if you watch 10 times then you'll see him do the same thing over and over again. Break into sec checkpoint to buy sec winter coat, buy stunbaton/laser crate and go off to validhunt. This was even worse back before tablets broke personally selling crates. I gotta agree with everyone else here Nick, just try sec.
Image Image
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647406

Boot wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm . Break into sec checkpoint to buy sec winter coat, buy stunbaton/laser crate and go off to validhunt.
I don't do this anymore though
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #647408

XII3912 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 pm

not saying that validhunting is based, but you can literally let the crew run cargo by putting all doors on emergency
The fact that cargo is barely a real job isn't the reason why cargo exists. Cargo is an (video game version[ie shitty]) attempt at control by restricting the authority to spend money to only a few people. There is no corporation that would let every employee have unfettered access to spending its money and that's what you're doing by neglecting your role as QM and setting the doors to EA.

Also I feel you had this coming by being an aggressive valid hunter across a number of rounds, although truthfully I have a bigger problem with snitch silicons than acting captains taking their security roles too seriously. But I haven't seen any peanuts involving them yet.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647411

My favourite part is this;
Nich Nick wrote:i don't think you're going to lift the ban even though this is my first time violating esc policy.
Because it tells me that he's either lying, or that the admins did nothing about him when he was back on Manuel. I remember arresting him for robbing the Vault as a QM once, and he threw like 7 Embedding Tape'd Cleavers at me, and was screaming about how he hoped I'd die, while I had him cuffed.

That static ran Blood Defi and if it wasn't for having a couple leftovers from the CMO trying out an experimental Blood Regen Pill to see how much blood regen they could stack, I absolutely would have died to that.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #647412

Bro it doesn't matter if you went back to get him revived after you beheaded him if you only did so after you were asked about it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #647413

To be fair, it's not Nicholas Nick's fault that he didn't notice the clown screaming for help and telling him that Nicholas Nick is killing him.
And not telling everyone that clown was a traitor.
And silently dragging the clown's headless body through maints.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #647414

It saddens me that some people make judgements and do actions based purely on whether someone might be antag or not. It's a sandbox roleplaying game. If you're going around looking for antag status to hunt, and made a mistake, then you definitely deserve the punishment as if you just rdmed said person.

If you are thinking about antag status this much and begin doing actions based purely on whether you found out they were antag or not, then you should consider taking a long break and think about how you spend your time on a roleplaying sandbox game.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #647416

Turbonerd wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:49 pm It saddens me that some people make judgements and do actions based purely on whether someone might be antag or not. It's a sandbox roleplaying game. If you're going around looking for antag status to hunt, and made a mistake, then you definitely deserve the punishment as if you just rdmed said person.

If you are thinking about antag status this much and begin doing actions based purely on whether you found out they were antag or not, then you should consider taking a long break and think about how you spend your time on a roleplaying sandbox game.
This valid hunting gameplay style I see sec and sec adjacent players use makes me not want to pursue traitor gimmick rounds with traitor gear and instead just plasma flood the station each time, because I'm actually more likely to get caught trying to brainwash people and making the round weird rather than just destroying the round for everyone and at a certain point I just want to wreck the station out of spite each time I roll antag on LRP servers in return for the rounds I get executed for not doing nothing!
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #647417

XII3912 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:28 pm
Boot wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm . Break into sec checkpoint to buy sec winter coat, buy stunbaton/laser crate and go off to validhunt.
you did it 7 out of the 8 last shifts you've played and the only reason why you didn't do it on the 8th was because kilo doesn't have a sec-cloths vendor in its cargo checkpoint. Why lie about something I can check?
Image Image
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #647419

Bro literally just play sec, there's a whole job just for validhunting and people aren't allowed to attack you for doing it
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #647421

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:16 pm ... he's either lying, or that the admins did nothing about him when he was back on Manuel. I remember arresting him for robbing the Vault as a QM once, and he threw like 7 Embedding Tape'd Cleavers at me, and was screaming about how he hoped I'd die, while I had him cuffed.
did you ahelp it?
XII3912 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 pm not saying that validhunting is based, but you can literally let the crew run cargo by putting all doors on emergency
Ok, sure, but that's still your job. Why do you join the round as QM if you have no desire to play as a QM?
Boot wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm Break into sec checkpoint to buy sec winter coat, buy stunbaton/laser crate and go off to validhunt.

[2022-07-22 08:25:23.944] ACCESS: Mob Login: XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[2022-07-22 08:25:23.950] GAME: XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) Client XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has taken ownership of mob Nicholas Nick(/mob/living/carbon/human) (Cargo Bay (170,161,2))

08:25:53 [0x200193f] (152,108,1) || the supply shuttle Order #491 (Stun Batons Crate, placed by xii391/(Nicholas Nick)), paid by Nicholas Nick has shipped.
You literally bought a stun baton crate 30 seconds into the round this ban is from

Look, here is what you do. Get out of this peanut thread, because you REALLY aren't defending yourself as well as you think you are. You don't even have to reply to this, just stop posting in here. Once you have done that, sit your ban out for the <1 day duration it has left. You could still try to get the note reworded but you probably can't get the whole validhunting part removed like you seem to be trying to, and the note seems pretty accurate going off the details in the appeal so don't expect anything there.
XII3912 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:29 amI ended up finding out the clown was a traitor via prints on a emagged door when i found the clown in the hallway i killed him
XII3912 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:29 am... and was lucky enough with prints to end 2 antag rounds
Next up. This entire playstyle of yours? Completely get rid of it. This is not a healthy way to play the game, for you or for anyone else on the server at the time. Find something to do in the game beyond ending as many people's rounds as possible just because you are "allowed" to. Spend the remaining ban time coming up with something interesting to do as QM, some goal to work towards that isn't immediately arming up and hunting down the people whose sole purpose is to make the game more interesting and fun. Antags aren't a problem that exist to be solved in the most efficient way possible, they are there to make the game more unique. They can't make the game more fun if you are hunting them down to round remove them the moment you find out about them, especially as some random cargo nerd.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647422

the part where you accept and actually allow antags to do their antag things is where you start playing the fucking game the right way
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647423

NoxVS wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:33 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:16 pm ... he's either lying, or that the admins did nothing about him when he was back on Manuel. I remember arresting him for robbing the Vault as a QM once, and he threw like 7 Embedding Tape'd Cleavers at me, and was screaming about how he hoped I'd die, while I had him cuffed.
did you ahelp it?
Sure did, bud.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #647427

traitors who suck this bad deserve to be validhunted. all they would have needed to do in this scenario is just wear gloves before emagging the doors. or just not get owned. tg players can't even tie their own shoes

but nick you really should just play security dude lol, and consider putting people in jail instead of immediately decapping them
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #647432

Turbonerd wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:49 pm It saddens me that some people make judgements and do actions based purely on whether someone might be antag or not. It's a sandbox roleplaying game. If you're going around looking for antag status to hunt, and made a mistake, then you definitely deserve the punishment as if you just rdmed said person.

Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647446

Boot wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:17 pm
Boot wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm . .
you did it 7 out of the 8 last shifts you've played and the only reason why you didn't do it on the 8th was because kilo doesn't have a sec-cloths vendor in its cargo checkpoint. Why lie about something I can check?
my old arming up playstyle was over the top i agree BUT whats so wrong with taking the sec coat ?
Last edited by XII3912 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #647452

AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you