Assistant made CMO fails health inspection

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
CursedBirb
Byond Username: Cursed Birb

Assistant made CMO fails health inspection

Post by CursedBirb » #647907

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32166

What do you think about that?
I'm my opinion I wonder how someone who wants to be cmo does not know that blood, gibs and corpses om floor can start infection. If they would continue to keep medbay full of blood someone would try to lynch viro at some point due to amount of viruses all that blood can make
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Assistant made CMO fails health inspection

Post by BONERMASTER » #647914

Hey man I just want to make game fun for everyone, blood isn't bad, no virus! Don't believe me? Come, drink! 🤠
No, you drink NOW! 😡
See, no virus, perfect health! No complain, or you drink more! 🤓
You no like blood ? 😐
Why are you running ? 🤡
STOP RUNNING!!!! 😵

With mentally stable regards 🤪
-BONERMASTER 👽
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #647916

Yeah, this is pretty whack, I'd love to know what the banned player was thinking ; why they think turning treatment into a medical hell hole of disease spawns and grief is a good idea for the ""CMO"".

When someone inevitably doesn't want to deal with the eyesore or pain in the ass of 8 diseases in the shift (urgh those shifts were so painful), why do they think its a good idea to turn this into a conflict?

I guess subjectively getting then demoted by someone not in direct authority is a little odd, but objectively this fake CMO is clearly not fit for the job, or fit to be management, and you can be pretty sure most captain's aren't going to come arbitrate (or do so reasonably).

I'd have been tempted to add a week command ban on too frankly, with the foot note that this includes promotions by any method, I strongly don't believe this is how you should play command, or that the intent under our ruleset is to let you dictate stupid rules or micromanage other players, and is highly dubious once the instructions ammount to petty griefing. Heck, I remember a CMO who tried to force 'cryo for everything' on the team, under threat of firing. Hated that guy as CMO, how about you just let me play my job, cryo's literally no fun for anyone, MD or patient.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #647918

Any CMO who tries to force anything on medical staff should have their access rightfully taken out and kicked out of medical, if not detained in perma.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #647921

I wouldn't treat someone as a head if they got promoted to a head without proper paperwork. That assistant was very self entitled.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647925

this is why we dont promote assistants
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647930

iain0 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:27 pm I strongly don't believe this is how you should play command, or that the intent under our ruleset is to let you dictate stupid rules or micromanage other players, and is highly dubious once the instructions ammount to petty griefing. Heck, I remember a CMO who tried to force 'cryo for everything' on the team, under threat of firing. Hated that guy as CMO, how about you just let me play my job, cryo's literally no fun for anyone, MD or patient.
lol, i'm pretty sure I remember that guy. If i'm not mistaken, he was pretty regularly lynched.

that's the fun of command positions though. if you suck at your job or are enough of an asshat to the people you manage, you can and will typically be lynched or demoted
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647941

The ban reason looks like someone sat on their keyboard it’s indecipherable. This is why you should use screenshots..
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #647995

These lads need to put logs in spoilers.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #648006

Code: Select all

I prefer using code text for logs, it's what I was trained to do
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #648013

Looks like the main contention is that the admin ruled that the escalation ended once the CMO was in crit and treated, but the CMO feels that because their I.D was taken While in crit they were justified in shooting them to get it back.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #648016

Should be a command ban for poor conduct I think, not an escalation issue. I hate escalation semantics tho, either someone had good reason to act a certain way or they didn’t.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #648017

Yeah main issue should actually be that they had poor command conduct and tried to impose it violently.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648077

wesoda25 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:44 am Should be a command ban for poor conduct I think, not an escalation issue. I hate escalation semantics tho, either someone had good reason to act a certain way or they didn’t.
You can't ban an assistant being given a command id by HOP
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #648089

? They were promoted to CMO, so you treat them as one.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #648092

how hard is it to just not be a dumbass
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648093

wesoda25 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:34 pm ? They were promoted to CMO, so you treat them as one.
How does an HOP know that the assistant has been job banned from CMO? What prevents this player from doing the same thing again another round?
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #648094

The fact that ban evasion is against the rules 🤷‍♂️. Obviously we won’t catch everyone but that’s just how it be. That’s actually part of the reason evasion/meta bans are so severe, since they’re that much harder to catch
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #648099

Here's my stance on it, just to make it absolutely crystal clear

The first conflict, ended when you were in crit

The second conflict, begins when Jack took the ID from you

Here is the part of escalation policy I feel most appropriate for this:

If you are wronged, you are expected to handle the conflict non-lethally whenever possible, escalating in severity as the conflict continues. As the defending party the rate of escalation increases with you, up to and including violence, while the instigator is always able to respond in kind.
I want to note on this.

While stealing an ID is usually the start of conflict, the context behind it was that Hugh tried to enforce a stupid rule (don't clean blood) and when Jack broke it out of common sense, ended up stupidity instigating and lost for it, which ended up getting his ID removed.

This falls under IC punishment - "play stupid games win stupid prizes" - and Hugh should be considered the instigator for the second fight in that context, as he lost the ID as a result of actions which justify its removal.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?