i have a take about the alice heart banning

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

i have a take about the alice heart banning

Post by Stickymayhem » #648402

Bottom post of the previous page:

banning both the pedo ancap AND the drama stirring video poster was absolutely based

chad shit

raise the minimum age on station to 18 why are we ok with naked 17 year old catgirls

i will not be taking questions

good job headmins

all ancaps are sus

inb4 this turns into a "we let the gays in look what happened" moment though but jokes on you we let the ANCAPS in and this is what happened ok you fucking degens

FUCK ALSO PEANUT I GUESS viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32192
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: i have a take about the alice heart banning

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648668

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:27 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:07 am
celularLAmp wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:47 pm
CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 am -snip-

-snip-
For the record, I didn't delete any of my posts from that thread - or if I did, I certainly don't recall doing so. I believe the admin team deleted them.

is that supposed to be a good thing? I MEAN the admins saved your ass most of the time by deleting you embarassing yourself or locking threads when ppl dog pile on you

(this thread to be locked soon)
Yes, it is. Because my argument has always been that I'm arguing things in good faith, and that I'm more than willing to admit that I'm wrong once I'm proven wrong. By keeping my posts up despite the drama, it means that I genuinely believed what I typed. If I had made those posts originally in bad faith because I had ulterior motives, like secretly being a lolicon, then I would just be deleting them in hopes that the drama would go away.

Like I said earlier, when I said those things, they were my genuine conclusions, with no ulterior motives. I believe what I typed.

Which, by the way, what that means for this conversation is that you aren't "owning the hecking pedo", it means that you're just punishing someone for coming to the wrong conclusion, even though there's nothing wrong with that.
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #648670

that video was for zoomers im not stopping to fucking read something every 1.5 seconds
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #648674

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:37 am

-snip-
-snip-

is that supposed to be a good thing? I MEAN the admins saved your ass most of the time by deleting you embarassing yourself or locking threads when ppl dog pile on you

Yes, it is. Because my argument has always been that I'm arguing things in good faith, and that I'm more than willing to admit that I'm wrong once I'm proven wrong. By keeping my posts up despite the drama, it means that I genuinely believed what I typed. If I had made those posts originally in bad faith because I had ulterior motives, like secretly being a lolicon, then I would just be deleting them in hopes that the drama would go away.

Like I said earlier, when I said those things, they were my genuine conclusions, with no ulterior motives. I believe what I typed.

Which, by the way, what that means for this conversation is that you aren't "owning the hecking pedo", it means that you're just punishing someone for coming to the wrong conclusion, even though there's nothing wrong with that.
i guess im just a super genius since its easy to see that liking something that looks like a kid sexually is a bad thing. I think there is totally things wrong with saying "loli is not pedophilla. "
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648675

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:22 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:37 am

-snip-
-snip-

i guess im just a super genius since its easy to see that liking something that looks like a kid sexually is a bad thing. I think there is totally things wrong with saying "loli is not pedophilla. "
Then you should just be cheering on the side of Sticky in just having us have a debate about the topic. Since you're so convinced that you're correct, your assumption should be that this would be a quick 20 minute debate that ends with me apologizing and saying that I'm wrong, thereby vindicating your beliefs, and resolving the issue to a standard that satisfies everyone.

Unless, you're scared of your beliefs on this topic coming under scrutiny because you don't really believe them?
celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648678

loli is pedophila

for me its something i believe in some strongly its hard for me not to react poorly to you

theres a reason why people have strong reactions and cant have debates about

its something i think is a entirely fucking easy moral thing

if its not wrong to you then theres something wrong with you that i cant fix

its a core belief i have that if you are sexually attracted to something child like then you are a pedophile

i cannot transmit or transfer this core belief to you and you will constantly feel attacked and be defensive

its like how if we were to argue about the color of the sky

i feel like you're really just playing the victim card when in reality you're getting backlash for saying something horrible and then going "oh noo poor me"

you overreacted to someone making a joke about you having stockholm syndrome no one was saying you actually have it

its tiring because ive had this conversation and then at the end they still dont think loli is wrong because "its fictional"

if i draw government buildings blowing up constantly and jack off to it maybe i want to blow something up?

the difference between game violence and loli is that

one
- people are playing a game for mechanics story or whateve theres a lot of different reasons maybe they like to get their anger out

- people are jacking off to loli because THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO IT

they re not similar at all and its such a stress to compare the two as a defense to your own thing

edit: oh also me and a lot of other people were affected by people who consume loli and shit or have terabytes of it on their comptuer

so maybe that's why you shouldn't defend it like it's harmless because it's not

you are still saying you were not wrong despite the fact that literally pratically everyone is btfo'ing you

when will you accept it?

mmm murder isn't wrong because i say so

i dont care what everyone else thinks!
Last edited by celularLAmp on Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648679

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #648680

Game violence argument is stupid

You are attracted to something resembling a child thus you are a pedo if ur into Loli

Lock this thread already holy shit
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648683

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:50 am-snip-
I'm sorry Junaiper, but I can't respond to this post, because I already got a forum warning on this matter. I advise you to delete or edit your post so you don't get in trouble.

I'd just like to say, I didn't ask Junaiper to start debating the topic here, I asked her to support the topic to be debated off the forums, in a private setting with Sticky. So please don't ban me Rave, thanks.
celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648685

It's a peanut thread for your discord ban and the discord ban is "Consistently causes large amounts of community drama by defending lolicon."

isn't the point of a peanut thread to talk bout the ban reason
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648686

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:10 am It's a peanut thread for your discord ban and the discord ban is "Consistently causes large amounts of community drama by defending lolicon."

isn't the point of a peanut thread to talk bout the ban reason
Sorry, but I've always done my best to follow the rules around here. My forum warning was for trying to start a debate here on the forums on that topic.

So, again, to reiterate to any moderators watching, I did not ask Junaiper to begin debating that topic, I do not support her post being in this thread, and I have no desire to debate that topic here on the forums.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #648688

Great, well see you in stickys debate.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648690

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:14 am
celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:10 am -snip-
Sorry, but I've always done my best to follow the rules around here. My forum warning was for trying to start a debate here on the forums on that topic.

So, again, to reiterate to any moderators watching, I did not ask Junaiper to begin debating that topic, I do not support her post being in this thread, and I have no desire to debate that topic here on the forums.
you just all of the sudden started backpedallng lol
u kept responding to me about it which cause me to yknow talk more about it
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #648692

Ey yo celularlamp I just noticed the directions on how to make a pipebomb in your sig what's up with that.
Image Image
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648693

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:14 am
celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:10 am -snip-

you just all of the sudden started backpedallng lol
u kept responding to me about it which cause me to yknow talk more about it
I'm not backpedaling. I very clearly said I wanted to debate Sticky about the topic, and earlier in the thread when Sticky and I were discussing it, we said it would be either on stream, or maybe in a private call. Both of which, would very clearly be off-forum, and actually, off of the community discord, or anything else that could be officially linked to /tg/. Quote:
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:33 amThen you should just be cheering on the side of Sticky in just having us have a debate about the topic. Since you're so convinced that you're correct, your assumption should be that this would be a quick 20 minute debate that ends with me apologizing and saying that I'm wrong, thereby vindicating your beliefs, and resolving the issue to a standard that satisfies everyone.
I didn't ask you to start debating.
celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648694

Boot wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:25 am Ey yo celularlamp I just noticed the directions on how to make a pipebomb in your sig what's up with that.
in 2016 I went to jail for manslaughter
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #648696

The sheer fall you took dying on this absurd hill, is truly spectacular. You dug yourself a hole so deep that it just does not matter what you say, you are donzo here, everybody will look at you as the pedo guy, and no "logical" argument is ever going to change that. Even if you get unbanned, what kind of future in this community do you see having? "Outcast" is putting it lightly.

Here is my non-binding, non-legal advice: Just dial the nearest, highest rated therapist, and see if they can figure out how to get you straight. Good luck!

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #648700

Alright liggers you know what you do. Even through you are correct about most things here you have to realize that the people on this space Atmos sim just aren't here to have this discussion and honestly it ain't the place for it.

Turn on hardcore random and ditch the static, I played randoms for like 4 years and hardcore randoms for another year after that. It's a fun time, it mixes things up and you aren't gonna get meta'd into the fucking dirt. Find another discord to argue politic shit in and go underground until this blows over.
Image Image
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648701

Boot wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 am Alright liggers you know what you do. Even through you are correct about most things here you have to realize that the people on this space Atmos sim just aren't here to have this discussion and honestly it ain't the place for it.

Turn on hardcore random and ditch the static, I played randoms for like 4 years and hardcore randoms for another year after that. It's a fun time, it mixes things up and you aren't gonna get meta'd into the fucking dirt. Find another discord to argue politic shit in and go underground until this blows over.
Believe me, I want to. I was more than happy to let this situation die down and not bring it up again after toemas got banned and I got warned. But tgent wasn't willing to let it go, so he dug up this drama, as evidenced in my posts on my appeal.

So because of that, now we have all this drama again.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648702

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:18 am
Boot wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 am Alright liggers you know what you do. Even through you are correct about most things here you have to realize that the people on this space Atmos sim just aren't here to have this discussion and honestly it ain't the place for it.

Believe me, I want to. I was more than happy to let this situation die down and not bring it up again after toemas got banned and I got warned. But tgent wasn't willing to let it go, so he dug up this drama, as evidenced in my posts on my appeal.

So because of that, now we have all this drama again.
This thread would have died within one page if you hadn't jumped in, and there's no server ban at stake so you can roll random without anyone metagrudging you so the cost to you is minimal. You have to deal with disapproval from the people made aware of what you've been saying. Boo hoo.

This is some kind of variation of the Streisand effect. You're trying to clear your name and instead attracting more attention to your questionable opinions. And you're doing it over nothing. Your reputation on a discord?
1. The root cause of this is you saying some pretty fucked up stuff. Nobody else made you do that.
2..if you had a normal sense of ego, you shouldn't care what a bunch of discord apes think anyway.
3. If you cared what they think then why did you do this, and if you don't care, why are you complaining now about you getting dragged by them. This victim complex is sad to see.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #648703

The outrage wouldn't have happened if the headmins just banned you weeks ago when you first started defending pedo shit, but they fucked up so badly that they not only ended up doing basically nothing about it, but actually punished ME for being mean to the pedo defender. Kind of an epic fail! I'd also like to add that when I called you a pedo it was a "flippant accusation" that got me a warning, but when Sticky does it, there doesn't seem to be a problem? Really makes you think!
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648704

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:42 amThis thread would have died within one page if you hadn't jumped in, and there's no server ban at stake so you can roll random without anyone metagrudging you so the cost to you is minimal. You have to deal with disapproval from the people made aware of what you've been saying. Boo hoo.
I addressed this early on in this thread, actually. There's no guarantee that the people who ACTUALLY started this drama (read as: tgent) won't just start stirring more drama to get me banned from the server as well. They already proved they weren't willing to just let this situation go by causing this incident in the first place. So, it's either I defend this now, or I defend this in the future but also with a server ban after they start more drama. If Mothblocks came in here and said "We agree to just drop this matter and guarantee you won't be impacted on the server so long as you yourself never bring this up, and as long as you agree to keep the discord ban without disputing it.", I would just say "okay sure", and not care about the discord.
dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:42 amThis is some kind of variation of the Streisand effect. You're trying to clear your name and instead attracting more attention to your questionable opinions. And you're doing it over nothing. Your reputation on a discord?
1. The root cause of this is you saying some pretty fucked up stuff. Nobody else made you do that.
2..if you had a normal sense of ego, you shouldn't care what a bunch of discord apes think anyway.
3. If you cared what they think then why did you do this, and if you don't care, why are you complaining now about you getting dragged by them. This victim complex is sad to see.
It hasn't been all bad actually. Multiple people have reached out to me in private voicing their support, one such person was how I got those screenshots I used in my appeal that proved tgent started this drama. So, not everyone here is on team "witch-hunt Alice".

You're right that the root cause of all this is what I said. I got appropriately reprimanded by the admin team for it too - I got a warning, and that should have been the end of it.

Why did I do this? I said what I believe. Just like everyone else here is slamming me for saying something they view as a disgusting opinion, I slammed the other person for having a disgusting opinion. At the start of this, in my original post that sparked all of this, I was no better than the people dragging me right now. I got warned for doing it, and I told Timberpoes that I agreed with that warning, because looking back, I was wrong for bringing this discussion to the tgstation forums, and I was wrong for how I acted.

That doesn't mean, however, that it's right for tgent to keep causing this drama, it's not right for me to be banned, and it's not right how a lot of other people here are acting. I was wrong, but a lot of other people here are wrong too. But I'm the only saying that I was wrong.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648706

Alright well you can appeal the ban, and you can weigh in on the peanuts that form, but you shouldn't be surprised if that causes the peanuts to attract more attention.

How would this escalate into a server ban? You'd have to do questionable stuff in game and if you roll random people wouldn't be able to metagrudge you except for rounds you rolled traitor and rev rounds if you play head of staff roles. But whatever, appeal away. I just think it's silly to get made at peanuts for peanutting.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648707

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:08 am Alright well you can appeal the ban, and you can weigh in on the peanuts that form, but you shouldn't be surprised if that causes the peanuts to attract more attention.

How would this escalate into a server ban? You'd have to do questionable stuff in game and if you roll random people wouldn't be able to metagrudge you except for rounds you rolled traitor and rev rounds if you play head of staff roles. But whatever, appeal away. I just think it's silly to get made at peanuts for peanutting.
How did my forums post escalate into a discord ban? They took my forum post (and some discord posts) and compiled it into a video, started spamming it everywhere, and turned the whole situation into a huge drama clown festival and the admin team blamed me for it, even though I absolutely did not start it, because, duh, why would I want to start a bunch of drama centered on myself?

I assume they'll try the exact same thing on the server. I'd like to believe it wouldn't work, but, clearly it worked once, so I have no reason to believe it wont work the second time.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #648708

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm
Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:33 pm Alice why don't you debate me on stream and if I'm convinced I'll personally advocate for your salvation with all the clout available to me (two politics shitposters and one dog brothel proprietor will have your back)
I'd love to Sticky, but, after I went swimming, relaxed a while, calmed down... honestly, I've already said too much in these threads.

I don't think it would help the current situation, and, actually, it would have really good chances of making the situation worse, because even though I think there's a 90% chance this would be perfectly fine and civil and just end with me calmly admitting you're right and I was wrong all along, when you examine the current situation, the people who kicked up all this drama are upset I defended that position at all. So bad actors would start clipping any arguments I made, posting them in the discord, and it would turn my current ban where the ban is blatantly wrong, into a ban where the reason is actually correct.

I think, the best thing for me to do right now, is only defend what I absolutely have to, and let the headmins review and discuss things, and eventually come to the conclusion that this ban is wrong.

I'd love to once this is all over though, Sticky.

Also, what the hell, you would only advocate for me if I win, and not if I just admit I was wrong? Harsh.

Edit: Oh right, we can totally do a private call if you want to though. I'm more than happy to make a forum post afterwards saying we discussed it and I admit that I'm wrong if that is the eventual conclusion. However, doing anything public would be a bad idea due to my ban reason, because malicious people could misconstrue that as "that darn Alice causing more drama by defending lolicon", even if I ultimately say that I am wrong.
Yeah let's have a call the stream thing was a meme

It's not about winning I just think you need to look at this differently
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648710

Stickymayhem wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm
Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:33 pm Alice why don't you debate me on stream and if I'm convinced I'll personally advocate for your salvation with all the clout available to me (two politics shitposters and one dog brothel proprietor will have your back)
I'd love to Sticky, but, after I went swimming, relaxed a while, calmed down... honestly, I've already said too much in these threads.

I don't think it would help the current situation, and, actually, it would have really good chances of making the situation worse, because even though I think there's a 90% chance this would be perfectly fine and civil and just end with me calmly admitting you're right and I was wrong all along, when you examine the current situation, the people who kicked up all this drama are upset I defended that position at all. So bad actors would start clipping any arguments I made, posting them in the discord, and it would turn my current ban where the ban is blatantly wrong, into a ban where the reason is actually correct.

I think, the best thing for me to do right now, is only defend what I absolutely have to, and let the headmins review and discuss things, and eventually come to the conclusion that this ban is wrong.

I'd love to once this is all over though, Sticky.

Also, what the hell, you would only advocate for me if I win, and not if I just admit I was wrong? Harsh.

Edit: Oh right, we can totally do a private call if you want to though. I'm more than happy to make a forum post afterwards saying we discussed it and I admit that I'm wrong if that is the eventual conclusion. However, doing anything public would be a bad idea due to my ban reason, because malicious people could misconstrue that as "that darn Alice causing more drama by defending lolicon", even if I ultimately say that I am wrong.
Yeah let's have a call the stream thing was a meme

It's not about winning I just think you need to look at this differently
Sure, no problem Sticky. Send me a friend request on Discord, and once im home from work in a few hours, we can just hash this out. Typhnox#7258 , as listed in the appeal.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #648711

toemas wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:56 am The outrage wouldn't have happened if the headmins just banned you weeks ago when you first started defending pedo shit, but they fucked up so badly that they not only ended up doing basically nothing about it, but actually punished ME for being mean to the pedo defender. Kind of an epic fail! I'd also like to add that when I called you a pedo it was a "flippant accusation" that got me a warning, but when Sticky does it, there doesn't seem to be a problem? Really makes you think!
They banned you because you're a weirdo who spams porn in the discord.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648717

dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:08 am-snip-
Just re-quoting this post to give you a notification. I was wrong in what I said earlier with the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing. I way over-reacted. I've edited my posts accordingly. I'm sorry. At the time it felt like you were directly attacking my personal feelings.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648726

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:55 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:08 am-snip-
Just re-quoting this post to give you a notification. I was wrong in what I said earlier with the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing. I way over-reacted. I've edited my posts accordingly. I'm sorry. At the time it felt like you were directly attacking my personal feelings.
I'll accept your apology if that makes you feel better but I didn't/don't really care about what you said.

I'd most prefer you to work on whatever it is that makes you inclined to not read your surroundings enough that you push everyone's tolerance of what you're saying to their limits and then get surprised by them acting upset, or get real help if you sincerely believe some of those things you said. The result of either of those moves would probably be you being more quiet in the peanut threads because you'd recognize this is a hornet's nest.

But if you don't, you'll still be a source of cheap entertainment trying to double down on everything you've been saying so far, though it will be at your own expense.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648730

Okay. I talked to Sticky. He convinced me I was wrong and he was right, my original position was overall harmful. I apologize for giving you all so much trouble.