A take on round removal

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

A take on round removal

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651817

People don't like being removed from the round.
Antags like killing.
Instead of focusing on stopping antags from killing people, we should focus on getting dead people back into the round
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
CursedBirb
Byond Username: Cursed Birb

Re: A take on round removal

Post by CursedBirb » #651829

I think biddle heretic is a good take on it. So heretic can sac people as long as they are unconscious. Which means even just sleep. So heretic can not kill, kill and round remove(by beheading as it stops heretic res). I'm mrp player but i tend to observe some Terry every few days for some chaos. So on mrp you will mostly be killed which is fine as heretic sac will res them. On Terry I instead found two types of behaviour. A lot of people are just killed but some statics were beheaded every time. I think this is cause of heretic memory wipe. So when sacced you lose memory of who sacced you and you can't just valid hunt. This might mean that people does not trust some statics to not valid hunt not even when they can't according to rules and it's more safe for them to just round remove them than just let them try to go around the rules and valid hunt anyway
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #651830

yes
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651833

i would get people back in the round easier if they didn't DNR
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651834

I'm not even taking about medical resurrections, I think we should even put more limits on that. I'm talking about about putting people back into the round in new ways (not just a shuttle respawn)
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651835

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:33 am I'm not even taking about medical resurrections, I think we should even put more limits on that. I'm talking about about putting people back into the round in new ways (not just a shuttle respawn)
you mean spawning them as more side antags so they can mindlessly zerg rush the surviving players over and over in the hopes of forcing a shuttle call and a new round so they can roll antag? Cuz that's what spiders and xenos are.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651837

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:34 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:33 am I'm not even taking about medical resurrections, I think we should even put more limits on that. I'm talking about about putting people back into the round in new ways (not just a shuttle respawn)
you mean spawning them as more side antags so they can mindlessly zerg rush the surviving players over and over in the hopes of forcing a shuttle call and a new round so they can roll antag? Cuz that's what spiders and xenos are.
No
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651838

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:35 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:34 am
No
ok
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #651875

It kinda depends on what "back in the round" means, and how much impact they should have on it post death.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #651877

It's time for you all to take the flesh pill.

Only pick flesh heretic. It has the best ascension, and it gets people back into the round as evil flesh beings. I always only go flesh path.

Only 2 ascensions so far though, its rough...
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #651878

I miss cloning

Well we have pod people but no one cares about it either
► Show Spoiler
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #651888

Why not instead of adding more ways for players to re enter the round, why not make ways for ghosts to have an impact on the round. Kinda like the more dead people there are the more haunted the station gets. Am not saying ghosts should be able to completely alter the round but do small things like, moving objects, whisper small sentences to people, appear as a random mob of their choosing for a few seconds (just have the appearance, ghosts should not be able to harm while manifesting). Shit you would expect to see a ghost hunter show. There would need some policy to back this up but I think it could be an interesting addition
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #651903

just dont die?
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #651915

robotics could participate in filling that role, borgs obviously but also other applications like slapping posis into mechs or circuits
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #652169

half the time i bone with dsword/esword you end up accidentally beheading people. its far too easy to do it maybe make it only explosion or surgery. i dont remember beheading people being a thing when we even had cloning
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #652444

cocothegogo wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:02 pm half the time i bone with dsword/esword you end up accidentally beheading people. its far too easy to do it maybe make it only explosion or surgery. i dont remember beheading people being a thing when we even had cloning
We had rng beheading and disembowelment while we had cloning.

And those weapons are especially good at wounding and dismemberment. You're drawing conclusions about the entire mechanic from the weapons meant to be some of the best class of weapon for the job.