changeling mad at restart vote nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

changeling mad at restart vote nut

Post by sinfulbliss » #653293

viewtopic.php?p=653281#p653281

tl;dr: players vote to restart round, yes wins. admin was away so it doesn't go through, admin comes back and restarts server. ling malds in admin complaints

bro what the round literally would have restarted instantly if the vote went through, which it did, the admin just made it do what it was supposed to do since they have to approve it
Spoiler:
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: changeling mad at restart vote nut

Post by Scriptis » #653294

if the restart vote succeeded at 8-7 that means there were 15 players online

which means you released an ARDS virus on lowpop

the admins are obligated to dunk on you at that point, what'd you expect
Spoiler:

Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #653295

Maybe just dont be cringe and do something fun and enjoyable instead of a boring purge of the station.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #653297

Most pointless non-joke complaint of the year so far.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #653299

ban him for making this complaint
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #653304

There were 29 people logged that round so he literally halfed the server population with his bone
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #653312

Timonk wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:23 am There were 29 people logged that round so he literally halfed the server population with his bone
it's almost like virology isn't particularly fun to interact with for the people who aren't virologists.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #653314

should be banned for being a bugspreader
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #653318

local player forgets that antag is a privilege, not a right
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #653319

Shit happens and the admin apologized. Seems fine. But then
Your inability to do the standards of your job as an admin should not affect my antag round.
Big I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANGER energy here
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653320

I love democracy
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #653329

This is the modern age version of "waiter, there is HAIR in my soup!!!"
God bless.

With futuristic regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Erik489
Byond Username: Erik489

Post by Erik489 » #653330

Alright, upon further contemplation I decided to just concede my initial complaint. Sure, releasing an ARDS virus is extremely gross considering the pop of the station and I accept that. Come at me with whatever criticism you have, I just want to say this.

How will this not lead into a slippery slope of deciding when enough is enough? Is virology overdue for a nerf or do we need better rulings for lowpop murderbone for the sake of players? Since this is a peanut post (yeah, im posting in my own peanut but hear me out), I want to say that perhaps changeling AND virology needs more weight when it comes to round threat with dynamic. I love SS13 and the autistic shenanigans that ensue considering its literally DND but in space. If I were in Nianjiilicals shoes, I would've had the restart vote go through as well since I am a Forever DM, however there has to be accountability when it comes to accidentally pressing a button versus intentionally pressing one.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #653333

I'm going to completely ignore what you say here and at the end of the complaint and just go

imagine being this butthurt that you didn't get to finish killing the last two other online players
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #653335

Erik489 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am How will this not lead into a slippery slope of deciding when enough is enough? Is virology overdue for a nerf or do we need better rulings for lowpop murderbone for the sake of players?
[...]however there has to be accountability when it comes to accidentally pressing a button versus intentionally pressing one.
The murderbone rule did not play a role in this, there is no reason to bring it up. The players made a restart vote and it succeeded, Nian hit the restart button. There is virtually no accountability to be sought here, for once.
You have to understand, that your antag status is not sacred or even protected by the server-rules, so even if the server just crashed with no fault of your own, there would not be any compensation for it. Taking a piss at Nian for, by all available accounts, doing what they were supposed to do, is you barking up the completely wrong tree.
I recommend, that you should make these kinds of complaints as an OOC comment and leave it at that. Admin complaints are there for actual misconduct of admins, not retelling a personal inconvenience.

With diplomatic regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #653341

Erik489 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am however there has to be accountability when it comes to accidentally pressing a button versus intentionally pressing one.
What do you want, man? Demotion? A mark on an admin's permanent record?

Recruiting and retaining admins is a chore for servers as it is, I don't think it needs to be worse.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #653343

Erik489 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am If I were in Nianjiilicals shoes, I would've had the restart vote go through as well since I am a Forever DM, however there has to be accountability when it comes to accidentally pressing a button versus intentionally pressing one.
Bro the literal entire difference between the button he pressed versus the button he meant to press is that one of them gives you a round-end popup and the other does not. Untwist your panties and get over yourself. This wasn't even admin feedback-worthy and you know it, you horrid saltmine.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653344

Erik489 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am Salt
Have you tried being a more interesting antagonist so people don't find your antagonism burdensome and obnoxious instead of exciting and fun?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #653363

Local man is un-believably cringe, blames admin, admin APOLOGIZES.
I hate this timeline
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #653365

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:27 pm I hate this timeline admins
Fixed it for you.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #653366

TheFinalPotato wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:27 pm Local man is un-believably cringe, blames admin, admin APOLOGIZES.
I hate this timeline
This is the timeline we live in since the admins don't actually get to decide on the rules they agree to anymore. Assholes are going to be catered to because if they don't then they risk their boss showing up and catering to them for them and chastising them for it.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #653372

Ziiro wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:49 pm
Erik489 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am however there has to be accountability when it comes to accidentally pressing a button versus intentionally pressing one.
What do you want, man? Demotion? A mark on an admin's permanent record?

Recruiting and retaining admins is a chore for servers as it is, I don't think it needs to be worse.
Brand the admin with a hot iron in the form of the ckey. This is the only option.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #653380

for what its worth i dont really blame him for being annoyed
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653382

I blame him for being annoying
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #653390

Admincomplaint rating: 2/10
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
johnfulpwillard
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: John Willard

Post by johnfulpwillard » #653442

I was in this round and I remember it ended with a miner who was on lavaland all round, the changeling, 2 silicon, and the captain who was diseased and about to die, everyone else was sitting as a ghost watching or playing a ghost role. The miner was also pissed off that their tendril rushing was interrupted by a server restart.
Your admin button here, coder!
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #653455

Erik489 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:04 am Alright, upon further contemplation I decided to just concede my initial complaint. Sure, releasing an ARDS virus is extremely gross considering the pop of the station and I accept that. Come at me with whatever criticism you have, I just want to say this.

How will this not lead into a slippery slope of deciding when enough is enough? Is virology overdue for a nerf or do we need better rulings for lowpop murderbone for the sake of players? Since this is a peanut post (yeah, im posting in my own peanut but hear me out), I want to say that perhaps changeling AND virology needs more weight when it comes to round threat with dynamic. I love SS13 and the autistic shenanigans that ensue considering its literally DND but in space. If I were in Nianjiilicals shoes, I would've had the restart vote go through as well since I am a Forever DM, however there has to be accountability when it comes to accidentally pressing a button versus intentionally pressing one.
Glad you decide to contemplate it after raking the admin over the coals for literally just letting the round restart as it was intended to. And after getting an (undeserved I should add) apology!!

And I think you are still completely failing to understand what a restart vote is, remarkably, after it being described several times. The players make a restart vote, not the admins. When enough players vote for it, it automatically ends the round. There is not a shuttle. There is no fuckin ERT. There doesn't even need to be an admin on. It simply freezes your screen and restarts automatically.

This is what was going to happen, but since the admin was AFK, it didn't. They saw this should have went through and pushed this player-decided mechanic through. And no they didn't "fail their job" by missing this initially, insanely unhinged to say this. They work for free, they're not going to sit there and watch a 10pop round tick through its 3 hour duration, you should be thankful any admin was on at all on lowpop. But they got what they deserved I guess, a complaint from a ling that had already arguably broken rules by lowpop murderboning!

The only mistake the admin made was apologizing to you.

My critique is over. You asked for it...
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #653456

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:29 pm I'm going to completely ignore what you say here and at the end of the complaint and just go

imagine being this butthurt that you didn't get to finish killing the last two other online players
check em
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #653457

quads of truuuuuuuuth
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Erik489
Byond Username: Erik489

Post by Erik489 » #653471

I did ask for it, and an apology from me is in order instead.

Nianjiilical, you didn't need to apologize. I cut into everyone's already limited playtime outside of work/daily life and attempted to force them into one of my traitor rounds thinking I was the star of the show. I got what I wanted and tried to take more selfishly. As mentioned before, it wasn't fair to the other players to sit back and watch my escapade of another virology murderbone while having arguably one of the most powerful antags to have on station to toy with. The complaint I launched was a salt-induced waste of time and effort. The fact you apologized speaks volumes of how patient you are. After all, it is still a game with other players enjoying it. I could've came up with a better gimmick given my time on the server, and this is on me. I am sorry you had to deal with my entitlement, you only did what you thought was best for everyone and I did not listen to it. You are a fantastic admin, I need to be a better player.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #653476

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:50 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:29 pm I'm going to completely ignore what you say here and at the end of the complaint and just go

check em
Literally did not even notice until you pointed it out.

I feel like it's a worthy use of quads.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #653501

Virology roll, also started as a changeling. I get to work on my ARDS virus which is maxed out and kills within 2 minutes of infection.
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #653504

Erik489 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 pm I did ask for it, and an apology from me is in order instead.

Nianjiilical, you didn't need to apologize. I cut into everyone's already limited playtime outside of work/daily life and attempted to force them into one of my traitor rounds thinking I was the star of the show. I got what I wanted and tried to take more selfishly. As mentioned before, it wasn't fair to the other players to sit back and watch my escapade of another virology murderbone while having arguably one of the most powerful antags to have on station to toy with. The complaint I launched was a salt-induced waste of time and effort. The fact you apologized speaks volumes of how patient you are. After all, it is still a game with other players enjoying it. I could've came up with a better gimmick given my time on the server, and this is on me. I am sorry you had to deal with my entitlement, you only did what you thought was best for everyone and I did not listen to it. You are a fantastic admin, I need to be a better player.
i appreciate the sentiment but also dont worry about it, this is like the third or fourth time someone's opened a complaint at me only to take it back once theyd had a bit of time to mull over it/heard my response

despite what a lot of people in the community say its not that big of a deal imo
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #653523

whats up with lowpop bone recently, I am to blame partially for not reporting it as it happens but it seems like its becoming much more common.

Since I started playing I have been in 1 round where at least 1 antag isnt leveling the place (minus the space dragon but whatever), and that was on manuel where the bone rules are tighter and it was 20+.

I am still amazed that some man was able to purchase ROMEROL with MAX TWELVE INDIVIDUALS CONNECTED.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #653530

Cobby wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:24 am whats up with lowpop bone recently, I am to blame partially for not reporting it as it happens but it seems like its becoming much more common.

Since I started playing I have been in 1 round where at least 1 antag isnt leveling the place (minus the space dragon but whatever), and that was on manuel where the bone rules are tighter and it was 20+.

I am still amazed that some man was able to purchase ROMEROL with MAX TWELVE INDIVIDUALS CONNECTED.
you dont buy romerol anymore its just a reward for killing every pet on station and stealing every item
Weston Echard on Sybil