PDA message spam nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

PDA message spam nut

Post by Vekter » #657093

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32823

If you ever have to ask yourself the question, "Does this specific admin have it out for me?", the answer is no.

Also two weeks is a little excessive but he did leave in the middle of the ahelp, so that usually gets you slapped harder.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: PDA message spam nut

Post by iain0 » #657095

Lol. Reminds me of the person newscaster spamming strings of the letter F of various lengths. Like really, whats wrong with you that just spamming dumb shit is your thing (and you think no-one is going to intervene? or just dont care?).

Also kinda weird when most of the appeal's content is discussing how some other event was unfair (?) Go appeal that one then?
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #657096

Spamming stuff is like the lowest-hanging fruit for any "joke" or malicious intent. Y'all think you're all comedians but y'all are just the entire circus.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657097

Spamming shit is only funny when whatever you're spamming is actually funny.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #657099

This guy sucks! Bringing up the fact that he escalation baited someone, and then complaining about getting banned for it is probably not the correct move. He deserves a permaban for this appeal.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #657100

Vekter again at it ruining what could've been a funnier thread title.

"Suck my poop nut"
"Poop mail inbox full"
"Poop spamming machine"

Come on man, some more creativity, you owe it to the Player's club.

Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #657103

Meh seems a bit harsh, guy just seems like a dumb fuck. Just job ban him from all jobs but mime for 7 days.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #657106

this guy sucks, but PDA spam definitely isn't the thing he should've eaten a TWO WEEK ban for.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657107

Agux909 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:22 pm Vekter again at it ruining what could've been a funnier thread title.

"Suck my poop nut"
"Poop mail inbox full"
"Poop spamming machine"

"CentCom Mail Filter Failure, My Mail is Full of Poop??? Peanut"

poop mail inbox full is really good, hard to top that one
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657108

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:54 pm this guy sucks, but PDA spam definitely isn't the thing he should've eaten a TWO WEEK ban for.
400 poop messages, yeah id say they dont really contribute much.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #657110

Idea, next time make an announcement about how the spam is eating up important bandwidth and put a bounty on his head.
Image Image
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #657113

Boot wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:46 pm Idea, next time make an announcement about how the spam is eating up important bandwidth and put a bounty on his head.
the problem with dealing with issues like this is people will
A) use it to escalation bait/fight back and then complain if they're punished for fighting back
B) treat it as a reward (for those who are interested in combat) and then continue doing the behavior or escalate the number of times they do this to get "rewarded" more

it's the same reasoning for why we don't send chrono troopers after everyone named "Adolf Hitler" - if we did, people would name themselves hitler to see chrono troopers and get the chance to fight them for gamer gear.

a ban is a timeout - there's no reward from that aside from getting the chance to go outside and touch grass or to play something else. As a result, people will (usually) cut back on whatever got them the ban.

If you want to see cool IC responses to activity onstation, ahelp first and ask an admin if they can do something for you or put a bounty on your head when you're already an antagonist - then there's no issue with you fighting back against the crew (antag moment) and the admin in question'll get a chance to ensure that things move smoothly. Plus, you'll get a chance to have an admin help you out with whatever event or gimmick you've got planned, which can make it a lot easier than just trying to do everything on your own.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #657115

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 pm
Agux909 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:22 pm Vekter again at it ruining what could've been a funnier thread title.

"Suck my poop nut"
"Poop mail inbox full"
"Poop spamming machine"

Got skill issued for not being faster at creating the thread :cry:

And yeah this is pretty disgusting:
► Show Spoiler
I can see how 2 weeks might seem too much but the guy doesn't strike me exactly as being a net positive sooo....

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #657117

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:34 pm
Boot wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:46 pm Idea, next time make an announcement about how the spam is eating up important bandwidth and put a bounty on his head.
the problem with dealing with issues like this is people will
A) use it to escalation bait/fight back and then complain if they're punished for fighting back
B) treat it as a reward (for those who are interested in combat) and then continue doing the behavior or escalate the number of times they do this to get "rewarded" more

it's the same reasoning for why we don't send chrono troopers after everyone named "Adolf Hitler" - if we did, people would name themselves hitler to see chrono troopers and get the chance to fight them for gamer gear.

a ban is a timeout - there's no reward from that aside from getting the chance to go outside and touch grass or to play something else. As a result, people will (usually) cut back on whatever got them the ban.

If you want to see cool IC responses to activity onstation, ahelp first and ask an admin if they can do something for you or put a bounty on your head when you're already an antagonist - then there's no issue with you fighting back against the crew (antag moment) and the admin in question'll get a chance to ensure that things move smoothly. Plus, you'll get a chance to have an admin help you out with whatever event or gimmick you've got planned, which can make it a lot easier than just trying to do everything on your own.
Idk bro the last time I saw Adolf he got chrono'd
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657123

"Suck my poop nut"
"Poop mail inbox full"
"Poop spamming machine"

Listen, I'll make these stupid threads, but I'm not putting effort into them.
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657126

Vekter wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:34 pm

"Suck my poop nut"
"Poop mail inbox full"
"Poop spamming machine"

Listen, I'll make these stupid threads, but I'm not putting effort into them.
then let people without thread name skill issues create them!
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #657132

poop
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #657133

poop
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #657134

poop
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #657139

Only a single person sees each PDA message, also people can just turn PDA messages off. In my opinion its worth a ban but not 14 days.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657148

BlueMemesauce wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:16 am Only a single person sees each PDA message, also people can just turn PDA messages off. In my opinion its worth a ban but not 14 days.
perhaps its a good way of telling a person to fuck off

maybe all bans for doing dumb hippiestation tier shit should be 2 weeks??
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #657156

BlueMemesauce wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:16 am Only a single person sees each PDA message, also people can just turn PDA messages off. In my opinion its worth a ban but not 14 days.
Other notes played a role according to Lulufren
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #657157

Vekter wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:59 pm you ever have to ask yourself the question, "Does this specific admin have it out for me?", the answer is no.
I would hope the admin process is entirely unbiased, but having been on the other end of the equation, I can absolutely say with confidence some admins definitely can have it out for you.

Those people probably shouldn't be in their position, and usually do not last long, because they're not typically very emotionally all together. But it can happen.

This is probably not one of those situations. Not even close. This guy sounds obnoxious.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #657160

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:04 am
Vekter wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:59 pm you ever have to ask yourself the question, "Does this specific admin have it out for me?", the answer is no.
I would hope the admin process is entirely unbiased, but having been on the other end of the equation, I can absolutely say with confidence some admins definitely can have it out for you.

Those people probably shouldn't be in their position, and usually do not last long, because they're not typically very emotionally all together. But it can happen.
Didn't Mice World (AKA Bea Socks) have an admin specifically after them, which caused their whole drama?
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #657162

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:28 pm Didn't Mice World (AKA Bea Socks) have an admin specifically after them, which caused their whole drama?
The admin (Coffeedragon 16) wasn't targeting me over a long period, the time he banned me was the first time I'd ever talked with him OOC. My main issue with his actions is that in-game he made it clear that he hated my character. This IMO shows that he had some bias against me, so then being the one to ban me wasn't appropriate

I don't care now but at the time I should've made an admin complaint. Especially after he went out of his way to mock me in the peanut.
It keeps getting worse!?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #657163

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:04 am

This is probably not one of those situations. Not even close. This guy sounds obnoxious.
It's one of those things that might happen but doesn't in 99% percent of the cases were people think it. I've been on the receiving end of this but I've also been accused of it in ahelps since every admin will get accused of it if you're an admin long enough. However there hasn't been a single case where I didn't go "who even is this person" and it turns out I noted them a year or two ago about something if I look at their notes.

I encourage players to file an admin complaint if they feel overly targeted but don't be surprised if it's not actually the case and the hut laughs at you.

This appeal is just a player with an extensive bad history that gets slapped for a long line of bullshit including this mass spam. Things don't happen in a vacuum.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #657164

Amazing high-effort play from the appellant, can we upgrade to perma
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #657170

Let’s bring this back down to earth maybe.

The spam messages were sent to one (1) player, the captain. The tradition is that one unjustified murder generally gets you a dayban with no prior history.

Spamming poop PDA messages is probably not as bad as murder - actually much less bad. Surely we all agree with that. So why is their ban for 14 days? They better have an absolutely god awful note history with very similar shitter notes for this to even come close to making sense.
Spoiler:
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #657172

400 lines of spam in 12 minutes is one line every 1.8 seconds. How do yoh even manage that as AI?

Like does he have dedicated pda macros?
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #657177

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:43 pm The spam messages were sent to one (1) player, the captain. The tradition is that one unjustified murder generally gets you a dayban with no prior history.
They were not only sent to the captain.
Also, the spam messages take up the logs, which can make it hard to log-dive in some cases.
Also apparently they had prior history.
Also ratio.

Sinfulbliss Logic Challenge (impossible)
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #657184

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:43 pm better have an absolutely god awful note history with very similar shitter notes for this to even come close to making sense.
While we can't go into the specifics of people's note history, it's generally relevant to cases where the ban is valid but people mostly debate about the time. I feel we should be more open in posting people's history if it's been relevant in the decision instead of vague mentions. The disposal loop appeal is such a case where it's clear why it's a permaban for something relatively minor because they have 8 bans in two months for bad shit.

Nothing happens in a vacuum but the community often don't get to see the full picture of why some bans are placed.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #657186

If you rely on a player's note history in banning them, it helps everyone if you actually explain what parts of their note history you take issue with.

Saying that, I'm not active on the game servers so the last example I can think of me doing this is the start of Serpico's meltdown viewtopic.php?p=592915 where I relied heavily on their note history when month banning them for a single unjust kill. (Escalated from dayban to monthban because of history)

A player's note history isn't secret or sacred. Of course, it can be considered a breach of admin conduct to publicly post a player's note history to shame or attack them. But posting it to justify your decisions in an appeal? Seems to me to be simple common sense. It's not only important to explain what you did, but why you did it. And if you need to rely on their note history to explain why, then that's part of what you have to post.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657188

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:11 pm If you rely on a player's note history in banning them, it helps everyone if you actually explain what parts of their note history you take issue with.

Saying that, I'm not active on the game servers so the last example I can think of me doing this is the start of Serpico's meltdown viewtopic.php?p=592915 where I relied heavily on their note history when month banning them for a single unjust kill. (Escalated from dayban to monthban because of history)

A player's note history isn't secret or sacred. Of course, it can be considered a breach of admin conduct to publicly post a player's note history to shame or attack them. But posting it to justify your decisions in an appeal? Seems to me to be simple common sense. It's not only important to explain what you did, but why you did it. And if you need to rely on their note history to explain why, then that's part of what you have to post.
timber can we pretend that you are still a headmin and then get your closing statements on appeal threads as if you were talking to the appealer?

god i miss timber closing statements posts on ban appeals.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #657191

Tearling wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:22 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:43 pm The spam messages were sent to one (1) player, the captain. The tradition is that one unjustified murder generally gets you a dayban with no prior history.
Also, the spam messages take up the logs, which can make it hard to log-dive in some cases.
Also ratio.

Sure, I see now it was to multiple people. Let's say like five. Even if you consider being PDA spammed equivalent to murder, that would typically merit a five day ban with no prior history. So again where's the 14 days coming from? 14 days is a long time.

Glad all you need for the ban to become justified is "they had a prior history." No questions about what the history is, how long ago it was, whether it's even relevant for their current ban - nothing - you just swallow your blue pill and agree with the decision. Tearling, let me ask you - at what point did you sell your soul?
Spoiler:
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #657192

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 pm
Also ratio.

Sure, I see now it was to multiple people. Let's say like five. Even if you consider being PDA spammed equivalent to murder, that would typically merit a five day ban with no prior history. So again where's the 14 days coming from? 14 days is a long time.

Glad all you need for the ban to become justified is "they had a prior history." No questions about what the history is, how long ago it was, whether it's even relevant for their current ban - nothing - you just swallow your blue pill and agree with the decision. Tearling, let me ask you - at what point did you sell your soul?
will you shut up man

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #657193

Sinful please stop defending this degenerate with a skat kink.

So hear me out now, he killed 2 eyeballs per message. Which by your assumption that it was 5 players, makes 10 eyeballs killed minimum. This counts as non-antag eyeball murderboning, plus the history (which I don't doubt this player has by the attitude in the appeal) that should easily be a perma, but Lulu instead decided to be ultra lenient and add 4 more days to the standard 10.

This is a win/win, he might get bored and try other servers like Skyrat where their kinks will surely be welcomed with open arms.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #657194

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:20 pm timber can we pretend that you are still a headmin and then get your closing statements on appeal threads as if you were talking to the appealer?

I read back through some of my ban appeal closing statements and realised I made some particularly sassy responses in some of them.

I blame interacting with the community as a maintainer. It's a self-defense mechanism?
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657198

bastardblaster wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:57 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 pm
Also ratio.

will you shut up man

sinful has realized how useful it is to be a devil's advocate on the forums

if he wasn't saying it I would be
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657199

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:04 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:20 pm timber can we pretend that you are still a headmin and then get your closing statements on appeal threads as if you were talking to the appealer?

I read back through some of my ban appeal closing statements and realised I made some particularly sassy responses in some of them.

I blame interacting with the community as a maintainer. It's a self-defense mechanism?
it was captivating, I can't help but want more
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #657210

Agux909 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:59 pm Sinful please stop defending this degenerate with a skat kink.

So hear me out now, he killed 2 eyeballs per message. Which by your assumption that it was 5 players, makes 10 eyeballs killed minimum. This counts as non-antag eyeball murderboning, plus the history (which I don't doubt this player has by the attitude in the appeal) that should easily be a perma, but Lulu instead decided to be ultra lenient and add 4 more days to the standard 10.

This is a win/win, he might get bored and try other servers like Skyrat where their kinks will surely be welcomed with open arms.
He probably didn't kill any eyeballs, considering you can turn off PDA messages. After a few I'm sure people just disabled it.

Saying "plus the history" is moot since neither you nor I have any idea what the history is.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #657211

The sad fact is that this isn't even the worst idiot you defended.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #657215

Archie700 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:33 am The sad fact is that this isn't even the worst idiot you defended.
Not sure why being an idiot merits a 14 day ban. Maybe a dayban or a note to stop spamming people with PDA messages.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #657217

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:01 am
Archie700 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:33 am The sad fact is that this isn't even the worst idiot you defended.
Not sure why being an idiot merits a 14 day ban. Maybe a dayban or a note to stop spamming people with PDA messages.
You have no idea what the history with him is so don't comment on ban durations.
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:15 am sinful has realized how useful it is to be a devil's advocate on the forums

if he wasn't saying it I would be
The devil would have kicked him out of the defence team for incompetence.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #657232

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:16 am
Agux909 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:59 pm Sinful please stop defending this degenerate with a skat kink.

He probably didn't kill any eyeballs, considering you can turn off PDA messages. After a few I'm sure people just disabled it.
This is even worse, he killed their PDAS too?!!
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:16 am Saying "plus the history" is moot since neither you nor I have any idea what the history is.
So it's also moot to assume the history isn't enough of extra punishment. Difference here being admin DO know things we don't about players' history.
But I'll grant it and say it'd be nice if Lulufren posted those.

Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #657236

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 pm Tearling, let me ask you - at what point did you sell your soul?
When Tohg7 ascended
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #657239

You know what, fuck it. I have the power.

They've recently returned to our servers following a decently long break. https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/handsoffate123

They have picked up 7 notes (one of which was a ban) since 13th Oct this year.

One about silicon law priority, one about calling someone a ling as a joke that ended in a lynching, one about inscribing an apocalypse rune in an actively-being-used summoning location as a cultist, one for spraypainting "Cult is gey niger", one for blowing a hole in the station testing grenades, one for utilising lethal force when it wasn't warranted as sec, and finally an hour ban for using a gunpowder grenade against a sec officer as a non-antag.

These are just summaries of the notes. Some of them are longer or have more detail or context.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #657240

i dont think there was any doubt of the stupidity of the person spamming Poop pda messages at fast speeds. forum posters will forum post
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #657241

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:05 pm You know what, fuck it. I have the power.

They've recently returned to our servers following a decently long break. https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/handsoffate123

One about silicon law priority, one about calling someone a ling as a joke that ended in a lynching, one about inscribing an apocalypse rune in an actively-being-used summoning location as a cultist, one for spraypainting "Cult is gey niger", one for blowing a hole in the station testing grenades, one for utilising lethal force when it wasn't warranted as sec, and finally an hour ban for using a gunpowder grenade against a sec officer as a non-antag.

These are just summaries of the notes. Some of them are longer or have more detail or context.
Ultrabased

Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #657272

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:05 pm You know what, fuck it. I have the power.

should have included a permaban for AI for that since he clearly can't be trusted with it
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #657279

how the fuck is this idiot not permad? jesus fucking christ