Self entitled, impatient, illiterate, rude, annoying flashbanging RD owned.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Self entitled, impatient, illiterate, rude, annoying flashbanging RD owned.

Post by Turbonerd » #657517

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32849

I hate these kinds of people so much. Nothing more annoying than a shitter that runs into the department when an airlock is open, or a fucking head of staff (really?) abusing their power to try and steal something from the department.

What's also cringe is toemas and the other people "playfighting". It's really cringe and NRPlike when people fight each other in their departments and not in the boxing ring or holodeck. Literally no one outside of their metagroup knows that their fighting (and RD flashbanging them) is friendly and consensual, and I don't think RD being their friends is justification to throw a flashbang at them.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: Self entitled, impatient, illiterate, rude, annoying flashbanging RD owned.

Post by saprasam » #658107

capn_monkeypaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:16 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:10 pm Image
is it seriously that hard to just say "yea sorry lol here's a vouch"
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658112

The gimmick for this thread is that Christmas has came early.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #658113

saprasam wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:59 am
capn_monkeypaw wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:16 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:10 pm ...
is it seriously that hard to just say "yea sorry lol here's a vouch"
i offered to play tf2 with this guy if he appealed and got unbanned... while banning him, again, for evading

the offer still stands. still waiting for that appeal. come on we've seen people get unbanned for less
Spoiler:

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #658119

Telling people that evade to appeal their original ban, then not summarily rejecting the appeal like you have a superiority complex, is the best way to stop non-shitter/non-griefer evaders.

By doing this, you train people that waiting a decent length of time and appealing their ban is a lot easier than the evasion road.

When I catch evaders I usually check their original ban and ask them to appeal it. If they're lucky, it'll be from a retired admin and I'll pick up the appeal and give them good-faith brownie points from the get go.

I don't ever take pride in catching evaders. I take pride in unbanning them, because it means I convinced them to stop evading and appeal. It (hopefully) brings one more person off the evasion treadmill and back into the game.

If they fuck up, get banned and evade again we're only back where we were to start with.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #658125

Scriptis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:30 am the offer still stands. still waiting for that appeal. come on we've seen people get unbanned for less
Well, they did appeal. They just chose to lie about the fact that they were evading.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:31 pm Telling people that evade to appeal their original ban, then not summarily rejecting the appeal like you have a superiority complex
No one on the team is doing what you're implying here. You're comparing yourself to a strawman of your own invention.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #658126

If only Kendrick was as good at making peanut threads as they were predicting bans.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #658187

Capsandi wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:33 pm If only Kendrick was as good at making peanut threads as they were predicting bans.
i was about to talk some shit to you then i saw how many rounds youve played

MAKE SOME BETTER PEANUT THREADS THEN BUDDY
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #658188

The sad truth of the matter is if you permaban someone and make the road to getting unbanned impossibly difficult (play on a shitty server you dislike for 200 hours, with a vouch, and appeal in a year), they are going to evade instead.

That's why I feel like permabans should really be a last resort kind of thing only for the absolute worst of the worst who have 0 redeemable qualities. For everyone else, a few months ban would be plenty to punish them and make them not want to break the rules anymore. Otherwise you're shooting yourself in the foot turning what was previously a standard bad player into a full blown 10-ckey maxcap/plasma canister griefer.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #658194

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:27 am The sad truth of the matter is if you permaban someone and make the road to getting unbanned impossibly difficult (play on a shitty server you dislike for 200 hours, with a vouch, and appeal in a year), they are going to evade instead.

That's why I feel like permabans should really be a last resort kind of thing only for the absolute worst of the worst who have 0 redeemable qualities. For everyone else, a few months ban would be plenty to punish them and make them not want to break the rules anymore. Otherwise you're shooting yourself in the foot turning what was previously a standard bad player into a full blown 10-ckey maxcap/plasma canister griefer.
a perma ban is not a time out punishment , its a "we dont want you around anymore, go fucking learn how to properly play the game someplace else THEN come back" punishment.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #658204

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:01 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:27 am blah blah blah
a perma ban is not a time out punishment , its a "we dont want you around anymore, go fucking learn how to properly play the game someplace else THEN come back" punishment.
I think that's sinful's understanding of it. It's just that he thinks time out punishments are the more effective solution for 'trivial' issues like bad escalation, power gaming, ect. While permabans are most effective at limiting the impact of bad actors who don't care about their access to /tg/ like doxxers and slur spammers. The overhead of re-banning people who won't learn their lesson is introduced but a player who is told they need to wait out even 6 months may come back, and if they enjoy playing, they may try to avoid another 6 month-er. If I was banned with no recourse other than to have an appeal and peanut made about me, it would cross my mind to save time and get comfortable with a new ckey. I'm definitely not saying I got banned in 2018 and decided to start anew with a forgettable static, though if I had to I could at the very least act the part.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #658209

new prediction!

Nun Left - Maximilian Ivanov
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #658215

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:27 am Otherwise you're shooting yourself in the foot turning what was previously a standard bad player into a full blown 10-ckey maxcap/plasma canister griefer.
I think 90% of players that get permanently banned just move on. Ban evading ttv spammers are probably just attention starved teenagers.
It keeps getting worse!?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #658221

Capsandi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:55 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:01 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:27 am blah blah blah
I think that's sinful's understanding of it. It's just that he thinks time out punishments are the more effective solution for 'trivial' issues like bad escalation, power gaming, ect. While permabans are most effective at limiting the impact of bad actors who don't care about their access to /tg/ like doxxers and slur spammers. The overhead of re-banning people who won't learn their lesson is introduced but a player who is told they need to wait out even 6 months may come back, and if they enjoy playing, they may try to avoid another 6 month-er. If I was banned with no recourse other than to have an appeal and peanut made about me, it would cross my mind to save time and get comfortable with a new ckey. I'm definitely not saying I got banned in 2018 and decided to start anew with a forgettable static, though if I had to I could at the very least act the part.
A permaban for "trivial issue" when either the person decided to disconnect mid-ahelp for what seems to be no reason or the person has a history of "trivial issues" and he hasn't learnt a thing
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #658405

argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #658406

wubli wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:47 pm Image
BANGER