Malicious Manuel Metagrudger Macademia

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Malicious Manuel Metagrudger Macademia

Post by Farquaar » #658998

► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Malicious Manuel Metagrudger Macademia

Post by Timberpoes » #659003

Please let's not note people for throwing pies. That is as IC issue as SS13 gets and I'd rather set the barrier for metagrudging a little higher than throwing a pie.

[Edit] Also has MRP gone too far when throwing pies at people is now clown job content?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #659004

manuel moment
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #659005

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 pm [Edit] Also has MRP gone too far when throwing pies at people is now clown job content?
if that's an actual ruling, yes
Hoxha
Byond Username: Haddam Sussein

Post by Hoxha » #659007

good to know that the next time a clown borg machine guns me with pies i can just instantly get them blacklisted with a single ahelp
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #659010

This reeks of "missing context". The note kind of sucks as written but I'm thinking there's something Locus isn't telling us that Sight knows.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #659018

“Combative in ahelps.”

“ Reply from-ferrolocus: I can do that”

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #659020

Bepis wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:36 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 pm [Edit] Also has MRP gone too far when throwing pies at people is now clown job content?
if that's an actual ruling, yes
From the ticket pasted:
01:09:07: Reply from-sightld2: Even then, that kind of minor grief is reserved for clowns. You're not a clown, your an assisstant, going out of your way to get a pie, and again, target the exact same player.
01:09:28: Reply from-sightld2: but for the record. Yes. Three times in days is a pattern.
We're very, very close to it.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #659021

now this is how you do a thread title, excellent job
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #659025

This is so sad. What has Manuel become? :(

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #659026

Bruh.
If occasionally pranking someone is metagrudging, then I have a metagrudge against like half of sybil.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #659033

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:55 pm
now this is how you do a thread title, excellent job
Thank you, sir. Always appreciate having my efforts recognized by distinguished forumites.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #659034

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 pm Please let's not note people for throwing pies. That is as IC issue as SS13 gets and I'd rather set the barrier for metagrudging a little higher than throwing a pie.

[Edit] Also has MRP gone too far when throwing pies at people is now clown job content?
Yes.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #659035

man i do worse than this stuff
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #659042

I'm honestly completely confused as to how this resulted in a note. I don't know if I'm too tired to read this properly but it seems to be a prime example of a IC issue. Surely other players can attest to the fact that you can end up in conflict with the same people over multiple days, especially if they're doing the same stuff over and over again in a way that directly affects your job? (I.e. assistants tiding into cargo every shift when your a cargo tech, for example)

Okay so:

01:09:07: Reply from-sightld2: Even then, that kind of minor grief is reserved for clowns. You're not a clown, your an assisstant, going out of your way to get a pie, and again, target the exact same player.
01:09:28: Reply from-sightld2: but for the record. Yes. Three times in days is a pattern.

Fucking hell, like 90% of the assistant mains should have notes on Manuel then. They constantly get into shift-long grievances with people, ESPECIALLY other assistants.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #659052

someone ahelped getting hit by a pie
Weston Echard on Sybil
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #659063

Admin should be re-trialed or batcaved for this. This is actually god awful even for Manuel. Throwing a pie at someone is not notable, jesus man.
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #659064

blackdav123 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:54 am someone ahelped getting hit by a pie
That is probably 100% what happened.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #659067

I told you guys Manuel rules went off the deep-end
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #659072

Does this make me basically Satan for stealing everyone's shoes in game?
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #659073

mfw everyone on terry and sybil is about to get hit with a fat metagrudge note for misspelling my statics last name in multiple rounds

owen kimple is always on top baby
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659080

I have a generally positive opinion of Sight and consider them a friend.

This is important context to show that I'm not biased when I say that I think this is a fucking awful ticket and it honestly shouldn't have even been a note in the first place.

That group is the very definition of a metagang, to the point where when one of them wallshoves a Detective for saying Cannibalism is Bad Don't Serve Human Flesh, the rest of them will self-antag by interfering with the arrest/joining in in shoving said Detective around.

And now, not only are they like that, but they'll straight up ahelp you for "metagrudging" them for...pie'ing them twice in as many days, with a buncha rounds between them? Fuck me, I could barely get anything noted as a "potentially being metagrudged, keep an eye just to make sure" (on MY own record, so noone'd even see the note if they glanced at theirs) when I had several discord messages of someone expressing a severe dislike of me, and their only interactions with me all being hostile (including trying to have me, as Sec, executed for arresting them, as Captain, for looting the armoury), and these fuckers can get someone a note at ALL ON THEIR RECORD for...throwing two pies?

Sight. If you're reading this. Y'know I like you. Y'know we're cool. You really dropped the ball on this one, and it might be time to re-evaluate how you admin things.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #659083

legitimate wholesome ending though, imo
KLOWNPLEASEWORK
Byond Username: BrokenMan120

Post by KLOWNPLEASEWORK » #659084

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:13 am Does this make me basically Satan for stealing everyone's shoes in game?
► Show Spoiler
nah it just makes people say "huh" when tryna think of what typa guy you are
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #659087

Edit: It ain't worth it.
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #659089

We need BONERMASTER.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #659090

Bepis wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:37 am legitimate wholesome ending though, imo
Is it though? Someone still got noted for pieing another person in this silly 2D game. Think about it.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #659110

This is not a wholesome ending, this is a player accepting a bad outcome because they don't think they'll get anything better without a huge fight.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #659145

Getting noted for pie throwing is insane. Man what the fuck.
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #659150

I'm disappointed that the guy accepted the amended note, they should've tried to get it removed all together. This is absurd.
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #659151

This is a really awful note. The whole situation basically summarizes why I don't like Manuel.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #659153

I don't even think Paradise would go this hard to note a non-clown for throwing a pie. This is some Baystation HRP level shit.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659157

Manuel thrives on stories and social interactions, including the bad ones. I believe our RP servers aren’t about seriousness and Immersion, it’s about having fun.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #659172

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:28 am mfw everyone on terry and sybil is about to get hit with a fat metagrudge note for misspelling my statics last name in multiple rounds

owen kimple is always on top baby
owen pimple
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #659193

Just AHELP before you throw a pie.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #659197

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:28 am -snip-

owen pimple is always on top baby
FTFY

edit: goddammit crag stole the joke
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659204

I’m going to throw a pie at every single person on the station. What are you going to do about it? Ban me?
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #659264

I made a policy thread because I think this shit is ridiculous: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32972

It's maybe more about the general trend of dumb shit like this than the specific incident though.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #659287

I really can't imagine why people make fun of manuel for being a snowflake zone for half-baked roleplay and... oh...

I really can't imagine why people make fun of manuel for having half-baked roleplay.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #659288

I am honestly starting to see less and less sense in keeping 2 communities that are so fundamentally different in how they want to play the game together. Is there even overlap between Terry/Sybil/Basil players and manuel?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659303

CPTANT wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:07 pm I am honestly starting to see less and less sense in keeping 2 communities that are so fundamentally different in how they want to play the game together. Is there even overlap between Terry/Sybil/Basil players and manuel?
Most Manuel players oppose this too.
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #659361

I think people throw manuel too much flack for being "too rp" and being "not rp enough" at the same time

manuel is like its own breed of MRP that i haven't seen on any other server. the mrp in mrp may stand for medium anywhere else, but in manuel, the m stands for manuel. manuel truly is manuelrp and i love it i love the rp level of manuel
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #659364

It's really sad that the player in question accepted the amendment to the note. I think if they had requested a headmin ruling they would've received a more favorable one.

Throwing a pie is not grief. This is why I always took Manuel notes with the tiniest grain of salt when I read a player's history when I was admin. I've seen more bad bans and notes from Manuel than any other server. I personally like goon's definition of grief which someone quoted in the policy thread - if it takes more than a few minutes to clean up then it might be grief. A pie throw takes a second or two to recover from the stun and a minute to go to the bathroom to shower. That is in no way shape or form grief. The IC issue button exists for people who adminhelp pie throwing.

Throwing space drug grenades is somewhat griefy, I will admit. However, unless the player does it on a large scale or every round, then I'd say let it slide on low RP for sure. Seems like he had a somewhat valid escalation reason for it too (calling cops over a harmless prank), so I would've let it slide. I don't understand how the noting admin got from two minor bits of grief to "don't mess with this player again". Sorry sweetie this is a multiplayer game, if you don't want to deal with conflict (the point of the game), then join a private server. Then, literally a day later with rounds in between the player does it again and gets noted for metagrudge?? First - there was no grief, we established this. Second - this was twice over two days.

We should not be catering to players who waste admin time like this and we should not be hiring admins who think a total of two pie throws and a space drugs grenade across two isolated rounds is grief and metagrudge
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659367

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:04 am It's really sad that the player in question accepted the amendment to the note. I think if they had requested a headmin ruling they would've received a more favorable one.

Throwing a pie is not grief. This is why I always took Manuel notes with the tiniest grain of salt when I read a player's history when I was admin. I've seen more bad bans and notes from Manuel than any other server. I personally like goon's definition of grief which someone quoted in the policy thread - if it takes more than a few minutes to clean up then it might be grief. A pie throw takes a second or two to recover from the stun and a minute to go to the bathroom to shower. That is in no way shape or form grief. The IC issue button exists for people who adminhelp pie throwing.

Throwing space drug grenades is somewhat griefy, I will admit. However, unless the player does it on a large scale or every round, then I'd say let it slide on low RP for sure. Seems like he had a somewhat valid escalation reason for it too (calling cops over a harmless prank), so I would've let it slide. I don't understand how the noting admin got from two minor bits of grief to "don't mess with this player again". Sorry sweetie this is a multiplayer game, if you don't want to deal with conflict (the point of the game), then join a private server. Then, literally a day later with rounds in between the player does it again and gets noted for metagrudge?? First - there was no grief, we established this. Second - this was twice over two days.

We should not be catering to players who waste admin time like this and we should not be hiring admins who think a total of two pie throws and a space drugs grenade across two isolated rounds is grief and metagrudge
I agree with this. I played on Goon when I first played ss13 and it has a way more cleaner aspect of grief than what this codebase has. I feel like it can be adapted here. If I was, somehow, a admin on any codebase, I think this sort of “moral code” would be the best when administrating. People should be messing around and having fun, even on Manuel.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #659472

Bepis wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:37 am legitimate wholesome ending though, imo
lol
lmao
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #659478

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:08 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:04 am It's really sad that the player in question accepted the amendment to the note. I think if they had requested a headmin ruling they would've received a more favorable one.

I agree with this. I played on Goon when I first played ss13 and it has a way more cleaner aspect of grief than what this codebase has. I feel like it can be adapted here. If I was, somehow, a admin on any codebase, I think this sort of “moral code” would be the best when administrating. People should be messing around and having fun, even on Manuel.
Bingo chief. You get it. This is why I encourage players, and especially other admins, to experience other servers, their rules, and their culture. So they can stay grounded in the game.

It can be easy to lose touch in a server bubble, and other servers tend to always have something great about them to keep in mind.

Better definitions of grief can be useful for everyone for example.
Hugs
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #659550

The appeal is up again, and there are now new arguments. I’m a bit conflicted because they both give up good points but also now it’s not about throwing a pie is grief, it’s about what to consider actions in a meta grudge situation.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #659551

He's actually still calling throwing the pie grief. Noting for this sets a horrible precedent, for the player this still means: 2 pies = metagrudging, it is the death of any type of conflict instigation for fear of being bwoinked.

On another tangent, it is a rather unusual situation that ~15 unrelated players hate a group of players so much that they would resort to "meta-grudging" (emphasize on the quotations because once again, someone has to be grief to qualify for that in the first place). Aren't they actually the ones ruining people's fun if so many people dislike them? I don't have enough information to actually judge that though.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #659554

But every single round, there are one or multiple instances of this exact kind of minor minor minor grief. From not just one person, but actually a sizeable number. Not a majority of the server by a long shot, but around 15 people do it to you. An unprovoked spray can attack here, a laser pointer there, vile things spoken in Dchat about you. You do not feel welcome. Are you expected as a player to let all of this minor grief slide?
This isn't a symptom of metagrudging, it's a symptom of the ahelper being unlikable. If everyone's dumping on you to the point that you feel unwelcome, maybe consider that you might be part of the problem. I get 'griefed' by random people every single round. Most of it isn't ahelpable because I actually have a spine in my back, broken as it may be. There's a guy that in half the rounds I play and know he's there, I run up to him and suicide with an oxygen tank because it links back to a past trauma for his character and I find that funny. Is that metagrudging?

(if you genuinely think it is you may have serious mental issues. get some help.)

CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #659576

CPTANT wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:53 pm On another tangent, it is a rather unusual situation that ~15 unrelated players hate a group of players so much that they would resort to "meta-grudging" (emphasize on the quotations because once again, someone has to be grief to qualify for that in the first place). Aren't they actually the ones ruining people's fun if so many people dislike them? I don't have enough information to actually judge that though.
To be fair, it's a commonly said thing by admins that if you see someone else breaking the rules, ahelp it instead of breaking them too, because otherwise then you just have two rulebreaks for them to handle. It's entirely possible they ARE doing something about it, and we just can't see it because we're not in adminbus.