Captain that takes the antique laser gun got owned by rule 12.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Captain that takes the antique laser gun got owned by rule 12.

Post by Turbonerd » #660019

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33017

I don't think he understands how captain is supposed to be played like. I think he should try to hire a bodyguard instead.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: Captain that takes the antique laser gun got owned by rule 12.

Post by sinfulbliss » #660020

spoilering your peanut posting shouldnt make it kosher to peanut post
Spoiler:
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #660021

ban is deserved given this persons playstyle but the admin needs to reword it to reflect that
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #660023

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:49 am spoilering your peanut posting shouldnt make it kosher to peanut post
Everything I said is true and relevant, I just don't want to jump too far ahead of the admin who actually applied the ban. And it's hard to call "Only a bitch-made Captain takes the Antique Laser before shit goes down" formal policy when I put it in those words. But it absolutely is the case and everyone knows it.

A captain with any pride has the goal to keep the damn laser IN the display case, not to remove it personally.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #660027

Yeah good ban. Probably should be reworded though.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #660045

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 am Everything I said is true and relevant, I just don't want to jump too far ahead of the admin who actually applied the ban. And it's hard to call "Only a bitch-made Captain takes the Antique Laser before shit goes down" formal policy when I put it in those words. But it absolutely is the case and everyone knows it.

A captain with any pride has the goal to keep the damn laser IN the display case, not to remove it personally.
While I agree with you that the laser is supposed to stay in the case outside of emergencies, you didn't need to barge into a ban appeal thread and piss all over the forum rules to tell people that. Peanut threads exist for a reason.

Other admins hopping in to peanutpost and speculate about policy isn't setting a great example for the candymin. I'd like to think that any admin with the confidence to apply a ban should have the confidence to justify that ban. If they're uncertain about their own reasoning, they can talk to the other admins about it privately, make sure things are sound, but other admins shouldn't be jumping into the thread before the banning admin and massively inflating the page length.

If the appealer has talked to two separate admins besides the one that banned them before the banning admin has even looked at the thread, something is going very wrong. I understand that rule 12 is new and also very complex, but come on. Let Rectification say something before jumping down the player's throat with opinions and precedents.

Anyway, there are a lot of lame things the captain did, but some of these things aren't nearly as lame as they could be.
Lame things:

Code: Select all

-Taking the antique laser roundstart
-Hiding traitor objectives because they could be stolen(the handtele belongs to anybody with teleporter access, not specifically the RD; if it belonged to the RD, it would spawn in their office).
-Playing all-access security officer instead of captain (wandering the station looking for threats as opposed to generally managing the crew).
Things that could've been lamer:

+They cooperated with an antagonist who outed themselves and offered to help the crew. Even though I find that method of playing antagonist almost as equally lame as all-access security officers, it's to the player's credit that they didn't just hunt down and destroy the changeling immediately after they outed themselves.
+The efficient handling of the revolution, as opposed to slaughtering any crew within arm's reach, and not giving in to antag rollers by calling the shuttle as soon as the revolution's over
+To be fair to the appealer: there was a revolution, so working with/behaving like security in that context is fine.
All in all, the first two points are enough for some sort of rule 12 action, note or ban IMO. The fourth point is complicated; refusing to hunt an antagonist is absolutely not playing to win... UNLESS the antagonist is recruited to hunt other antagonists, but that doesn't seem to be the case here at a glance.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660046

@lolswat

--like I was when I first came to tg, I played a lot like you, and our past selves on hippie, that was over two years ago

captain(or other heads) on this server isn't about getting items, it's about taking time to interact with people and their stories and events, but MOST importantly setting a good example for the crew

this involves roleplaying, a lot of it. be ready to die, a lot. stop caring about it. take the time as a ghost to observe other people and make friends with other ghosts. stop caring about threats. let the other heads handle their areas.

I similarly equip myself in the beginning of the round --hand tele, door remote, sechuds, stunbaton, flash, cuffs, and the most deadly weapon ever conceived-- the dragnet, which you already know about.
all other items are left where they are.

the items I equip are used 95% defensively to escape situations I dont care to be in anymore.

the point i'm trying to make, leave that hippie mentality and playstyle completely behind you. find a new one. I tried to tell yobi all this but, yobi is yobi.
the admins are politely trying to nudge you in the correct direction by giving you these notes and bans. stop trying to defend yourself in the appeal thread, admit that you need to change your playstyle.
you can have a lot of fun here, a lot of the players and regulars on sybil are fantastic intelligent people,
but I only realized this once i stopped looking for trouble everywhere I went

my recommendation? try watching tex at blackpantslegion on youtube. he has a whole playlist of tg, ss13, and USMC videos you can watch and enjoy.
learn to be a relaxed spaceman. embrace the tex. he will literally show you how to enjoy this game.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660047

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:32 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 am Everything I said is true and relevant, I just don't want to jump too far ahead of the admin who actually applied the ban. And it's hard to call "Only a bitch-made Captain takes the Antique Laser before shit goes down" formal policy when I put it in those words. But it absolutely is the case and everyone knows it.

While I agree with you that the laser is supposed to stay in the case outside of emergencies, you didn't need to barge into a ban appeal thread and piss all over the forum rules to tell people that. Peanut threads exist for a reason.

Other admins hopping in to peanutpost and speculate about policy isn't setting a great example for the candymin. I'd like to think that any admin with the confidence to apply a ban should have the confidence to justify that ban. If they're uncertain about their own reasoning, they can talk to the other admins about it privately, make sure things are sound, but other admins shouldn't be jumping into the thread before the banning admin and massively inflating the page length.

If the appealer has talked to two separate admins besides the one that banned them before the banning admin has even looked at the thread, something is going very wrong. I understand that rule 12 is new and also very complex, but come on. Let Rectification say something before jumping down the player's throat with opinions and precedents.

Anyway, there are a lot of lame things the captain did, but some of these things aren't nearly as lame as they could be.
Lame things:

-Taking the antique laser roundstart
-Hiding traitor objectives because they could be stolen(the handtele belongs to anybody with teleporter access, not specifically the RD; if it belonged to the RD, it would spawn in their office).
-Playing all-access security officer instead of captain (wandering the station looking for threats as opposed to generally managing the crew).
Things that could've been lamer:

+They cooperated with an antagonist who outed themselves and offered to help the crew. Even though I find that method of playing antagonist almost as equally lame as all-access security officers, it's to the player's credit that they didn't just hunt down and destroy the changeling immediately after they outed themselves.
+The efficient handling of the revolution, as opposed to slaughtering any crew within arm's reach, and not giving in to antag rollers by calling the shuttle as soon as the revolution's over
+To be fair to the appealer: there was a revolution, so working with/behaving like security in that context is fine.
All in all, the first two points are enough for some sort of rule 12 action, note or ban IMO. The fourth point is complicated; refusing to hunt an antagonist is absolutely not playing to win... UNLESS the antagonist is recruited to hunt other antagonists, but that doesn't seem to be the case here at a glance.
i'd agree with you arguing on lolswats behalf due to the shenanigans that round, but i know his playstyle, ive watched it, I used to be it. it was also noted that they've already been noted/punished for this kind of stuff

trust me, this ban is a step in the right direction
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #660050

The biggest thing that I find fault with in this case, that really tips it in to rule 12 territory for me was taking the fireaxe and hiding it in the safe.

Captain wants to outfit himself with gamer gear? Whatever.

Captain hides items other people may potentially try to grab pre-emptively? That's playing to win.
toemas

Post by toemas » #660051

Putting the fireaxe in the safe was literally the most innocuous thing they did what are you talking about. People will break in and steal it consistently every single round if you dont do that
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #660054

captains taking antique gun roundstart should be valid to have all their gear stolen by tiders
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660055

very happy to see Itseasytosee2me working as admin and this ban was on point and so was their response
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660056

toemas wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:27 am Putting the fireaxe in the safe was literally the most innocuous thing they did what are you talking about. People will break in and steal it consistently every single round if you dont do that
its anti player and anti fun, philip. the entire playstyle is antiplayer. thats the whole point the admins are making here.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #660057

lisa's playstyle blows and this is a much-needed wake-up call

maybe someday khara will take this same hint (she's doing better but progress is slow, i can only yell at people so much)

08:36:01	SAY	TheLoLSwat/(Lisa Green) (DEAD) "surely i would be banned if i was actually breaking rules"
lol
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660059

Scriptis wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 am lisa's playstyle blows and this is a much-needed wake-up call

maybe someday khara will take this same hint (she's doing better but progress is slow, i can only yell at people so much)

08:36:01	SAY	TheLoLSwat/(Lisa Green) (DEAD) "surely i would be banned if i was actually breaking rules"
lol
kharas been talking a LOT more lately, i'm very happy
toemas

Post by toemas » #660060

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:46 am its anti player and anti fun, philip.
No
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:46 am the entire playstyle is antiplayer.
Yes
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #660063

Frankly, I wish Lisa would just stop playing Captain altogether. Every time she does that bullshit where she calls and says "give me x recall votes or I wont recall" I have an aneurysm, because her reasoning is explicitly OOC. "The dead can't vote, so we need a voting system that accounts for them!" No, Lisa, you VERY clearly do not understand the concept of not mixing OOC metainformation with what you should actually do for roleplay, as evidenced both by your obnoxious shuttle calls and your hiding the fireaxe and hand tele in this thread.

You are literally just a terrible RPer.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #660064

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:32 am While I agree with you that the laser is supposed to stay in the case outside of emergencies, you didn't need to barge into a ban appeal thread and piss all over the forum rules to tell people that. Peanut threads exist for a reason.

Other admins hopping in to peanutpost and speculate about policy isn't setting a great example for the candymin.
He asked -- "I just ask what policy captain players have to follow (cap can get it roundstart, cap has to wait until blue, cap has to have actual confirmation of enemies on board)" -- so I provided what clarity was possible to provide, some of which is just "Sorry but there is no written set-in-stone policy of It's always/never okay to take the laser in X/Y circumstances, but here's where you can find the logs to show how the situation is different than it was presented and why that makes it contextually a reasonable decision and not a violation of the 'playing-to-win beyond IC reason' rule."

I think people gotta be realistic in that going from the written abstract rules to concrete server situations is basically done by Vibe and if you're ruining the Vibe that's what gets you slapped. There's no magic number of antag objectives you can hide, no magic number of weapons you can carry. It's just whether your armaments have a Vibe that synchronizes with the round's Danger Vibe.

When an appeal gets an overwhelming "good, you deserved it" peanut response like this one, all we can do is hope to nudge the player toward an understanding of why they have a reputation that would evoke such visceral hostility from the forums.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660068

yeah, the whole taking the gun out all the time roundstart is just the tip of the iceburg, and the admin goes into detail about all the other things as well
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #660069

why do they say the riot armour is better than the carapace? are they daft?
also people who take antique without any good reason deserve a vasectomy. sorry not sorry!
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660071

holy christ lolswat definitely never wrote essays on the hippie forums

good lord
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #660080

Lol their pfp rules unban now
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #660085

Capsandi wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:51 pm Lol their pfp rules unban now
After carefully reviewing the ban appeal, I agree with this sentiment. This is how all appeals regarding rule 12 should be handled, going forward.

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #660110

toemas wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:27 am Putting the fireaxe in the safe was literally the most innocuous thing they did what are you talking about. People will break in and steal it consistently every single round if you dont do that
The rule is a roleplay enforcing rule. its not about diskish behavior or game hurting behavior, but behavior that has no ic reasoning and is designed to 'play-2-win' or otherwise known as min-maxxing.

Removing the emergency and fire safety critical item from the more open bridge to the more secure captains safe is not "the most innocuous thing they did" its the most obviously not defensible thing they did.

Or to put it another way: The rounds you play are but a minor spattering of highlights of the shifts your character has worked in. Most shifts your character has played has gone properly without so much of a blue alert, and nothing comes from 'a good portion' of blue alert shifts either.

Responding or preemptively countering 'every single round' events is the kind of thing rule 12 is suppose to prevent.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #660112

IT'S A FUCKING THREE DAY BAN, THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE A DISSERTATION FROM ALL PARTIES INVOLVED
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660115

one of the things i would do on hippie as a warden was completely antag proof the brig - sealed airlocks, sealed doors, sealed vents, cut cams, reinforce armory, etc roundstart

I never got away with this once on tg-- the admins gave me brain damage

when I asked why they politely gave pretty much the same explanation MSO just did

its a really important thing to remember about this game, especially in positions of power and roleplaying.
that is you have to be able to lean back a bit, relax, and let the antags antagonize!
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660119

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:48 pm one of the things i would do on hippie as a warden was completely antag proof the brig - sealed airlocks, sealed doors, sealed vents, cut cams, reinforce armory, etc roundstart

I never got away with this once on tg-- the admins gave me brain damage

when I asked why they politely gave pretty much the same explanation MSO just did

its a really important thing to remember about this game, especially in positions of power and roleplaying.
that is you have to be able to lean back a bit, relax, and let the antags antagonize!
it never occurred to me to actually let the antags get away with their shit, or roleplay at all
for years I took this game as a kill the bad guys simulator, and its only when admins convinced me to drop that shit way of thinking that I started having a lot more fun and making friends
started having even MORE fun when i stopped caring about dying at all

its a game, people! relax and enjoy it, and remember others are trying to enjoy it as well
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660120

yes, i responded to my own post instead of editing

enjoy this triple post

the thread may now be locked
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660122

I like this ban. I like easy2see's responses. Had no idea they were a candidate but they seem to be handling their (first?) appealed ban in an exemplary way. Good for them!
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:02 pm wholesome triple post
I want to kiss Sunshine Day and marry her.

san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #660129

Agux909 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:31 pm I like this ban. I like easy2see's responses. Had no idea they were a candidate but they seem to be handling their (first?) appealed ban in an exemplary way. Good for them!

-snip-
second (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33005)
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660130

san7890 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:18 pm
Agux909 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:31 pm I like this ban. I like easy2see's responses. Had no idea they were a candidate but they seem to be handling their (first?) appealed ban in an exemplary way. Good for them!

-snip-
Oh right! But San, that one didn't even qualify to get a peanut! I want to think THIS ONE was their first REAL appeal.

With stakes, a peanut gallery and a dramatic headmin review at the end, you know.

san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #660131

Agux909 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:32 pm
san7890 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:18 pm

-snip-
Oh right! But San, that one didn't even qualify to get a peanut! I want to think THIS ONE was their first REAL appeal.

With stakes, a peanut gallery and a dramatic headmin review at the end, you know.
i don't know i think getting banned for a day over (effectively) being SSD had some stakes to the person who was banned. i see where you're coming from though
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #660142

surprised it got lifted tbh. I still think 3 day ban was fair.
► Show Spoiler
toemas

Post by toemas » #660145

Itseasy2see steps in and does what all the admins should have done weeks ago - and then headmins lift the ban. Sad to see
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #660147

Its fair enough considering their previous warnings were not explicitly targeting this issue. It puts them on thinner ice going forward.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660173

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:13 am Its fair enough considering their previous warnings were not explicitly targeting this issue. It puts them on thinner ice going forward.
yeah. they said that about lucy for about 6-8 months
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660184

Rectification (in this appeal) asserts that this ban was meant to be a "slap on the wrist", however a three day server ban is considered to be an excessive time to be banned under that line of reasoning.
a 3 day ban is a slap on the wrist

is there no such thing as making people take some time off to reflect anymore?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #660217

Applying three hour bans so they had to come back the next day because their evening was over used to be a funny (if rude) ban punishment for "touch grass" moments
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #660234

As a captain main: i am sorry. I take the gun 10/10 times. It's just way too useful of a tool.
Tider annoying? Give him third degree burns
Get attacked by traitor in Maint? Char his leg.
Get chased by a group of revolutionaries? Group burns
Barricades? Gone. Gun recharged on its own.
AI hid ion gun? Skill issue your gun recharged
Laser duel? Guess who got infinite lasers
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660247

Last night I played a few rounds in a row with Lisa as Captain/HoS and I can say with confidence that they have learnt nothing from their ban.

cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #660248

The way they coloured certain words in that thread like they were decorating a Christmas tree is giving me a headache
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #660254

Agux909 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:29 pm Last night I played a few rounds in a row with Lisa as Captain/HoS and I can say with confidence that they have learnt nothing from their ban.
Yeah I'm not sure why this one got shortened, considering it was obvious they did not learn anything in their appeal.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660261

another hippie player that sadly won't make it in the long run
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #660269

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:19 am
Rectification (in this appeal) asserts that this ban was meant to be a "slap on the wrist", however a three day server ban is considered to be an excessive time to be banned under that line of reasoning.

Yeah but I mean it's just a game, let's not be too strict
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660270

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:40 am

“it’s just a game” yeah then you can handle not playing it for 3 days
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #660273

Preach. Not about this ban, just in general. They are more than welcome to repeat their mistakes if they so choose and reap the consequences.
Hugs
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660289

Misdoubtful wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:41 pm

Preach. Not about this ban, just in general. They are more than welcome to repeat their mistakes if they so choose and reap the consequences.
if a 3 day ban is sacred then i dont want to even think about what it takes to perma some of our worst shitters (SPOILER: INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT) :?