Officer Reider loots cultist bartender giga shitter serxule of their shotgun. Gets metagrudged then banned.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Officer Reider loots cultist bartender giga shitter serxule of their shotgun. Gets metagrudged then banned.

Post by Turbonerd » #660446

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33051

They're both shitters, though I'd say serxule is not any ordinary shitter, but a giga shitter. It's a literal shit fest of shitters shitting on each other like chimpanzees.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Re: Officer Reider loots cultist bartender giga shitter serxule of their shotgun. Gets metagrudged then banned.

Post by toemas » #660447

lol how isnt serxule permad yet?
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: Officer Reider loots cultist bartender giga shitter serxule of their shotgun. Gets metagrudged then banned.

Post by iwishforducks » #660448

im going to assume some shit went down in tickets, doesn't help that reider is just a known shitter. otherwise? why is serxule still around? what the fuck is this ban?
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #660450

whats funny is that im the exact opposite of a shitter ingame, you guys are just assuming me getting into arguments on the discord and salting in ooc is how i play the game
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #660451

yeah i think we should just ban both of these people

"its not metagrudging because he lethalled us" while you're trying to grief him lol
Spoiler:

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #660453

Reider is one of my decoys which I pay to validhunt on sybil so that the metagang who complains about ""bad faith"" players until they get banned for playing in bad faith by tricked elder administrators don't turn their gaze to me. This is all going to plan and it's because there are actually hairstyles you can only get if you are the alt of certain banned players. Perchance.
I have not noticed Reider much outside the constant AI announcements being written like a fuckin biography but it's nothing that hasn't happened before with the le epic maypole player of the month before they get perma'd.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
serxule

Post by serxule » #660455

Scriptis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:05 am
"its not metagrudging because he lethalled us" while you're trying to grief him lol
it was abominations (moocows) plan to put a BCI into reider thatd make them say dumb stuff, i dont think thats grief or metagrudging

regardless, nothing i do ingame is really worthy of a permaban, or barely a ban atleast, since the people i hate are already shitters (and thats why i hate them)
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #660457

L
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #660461

sybil shitter #950680 (he will be permabanned in a month and get replaced in a week by sybil shitter #950681)

Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #660463

it's morons like that (both of them) that make me prefer Manuel
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #660469

I can't even tell which thread is the peanut and which is the actual appeal
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660472

serxule wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:03 am whats funny is that im the exact opposite of a shitter ingame, you guys are just assuming me getting into arguments on the discord and salting in ooc is how i play the game

Code: Select all

10:47:11	SAY	Serxule/(Muffler) "whore"
10:47:18	SAY	Serxule/(Muffler) "actually kill yourself"
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #660473

Everyone sucks here.
Serxule sucks. It's entirely within the HoS's right to confiscate weapons from confirmed antagonists and attacking the HoS during an active cult situation is really not a great look. Succumbing should void your right to an ahelp. Stop saying 'powergaming' IC, I don't care how much a tantrum you're throwing. Metagrudging is absolute shitter behavior.
Reider sucks. Behead cult meta is garbage and a sign of someone who plays to win at any cost. It should've been easy to confirm if Serxule had been deconverted by asking over security comms, something he didn't bother to do. Slipping a ban request into your ban appeal is one of the most vile things i've ever seen.
Players grouping up to fuck with one person in particular is a sign that they aren't very welcome. It also fucking sucks and smacks of metagrudging.
Everyone peanutposting in the appeal thread sucks.
This is perhaps the worst possible timeline for this appeal.
Edit: Also this note and the ban reason sucks. I hate that i'm agreeing with Reider, but this was entirely an IC issue.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #660475

There is a whole lot of "not confirming the information you have" that reider and similar players do so that they can escalate via "act like an antag get treated like an antag" and behead anyone they get into a misunderstanding with.
Weston Echard on Sybil
serxule

Post by serxule » #660476

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:46 am
serxule wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:03 am whats funny is that im the exact opposite of a shitter ingame, you guys are just assuming me getting into arguments on the discord and salting in ooc is how i play the game

Code: Select all

10:47:11	SAY	Serxule/(Muffler) "whore"
10:47:18	SAY	Serxule/(Muffler) "actually kill yourself"
ok? post the full logs, i dont go around randomly insulting people
toemas

Post by toemas » #660477

theres literally nothing wrong with beheading cultists, they deserve it for being overpowered and retarded
serxule

Post by serxule » #660478

toemas wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:41 am theres literally nothing wrong with beheading cultists, they deserve it for being overpowered and retarded
"i HATE this antag and therefore anyone who ends up getting this antag should be FUCKED"
toemas

Post by toemas » #660479

serxule wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:44 am "i HATE this antag and therefore anyone who ends up getting this antag should be FUCKED"
a cultist wouldnt hesitate to instantly stunhand me and then gib me an a rune so i dont see why i should bother spending fifteen minutes feeding him holy water in the brig
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #660480

toemas wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:41 am theres literally nothing wrong with beheading cultists, they deserve it for being overpowered and retarded
Whatever you say, bud.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
serxule

Post by serxule » #660483

toemas wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:47 am
serxule wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:44 am "i HATE this antag and therefore anyone who ends up getting this antag should be FUCKED"
a cultist wouldnt hesitate to instantly stunhand me and then gib me an a rune so i dont see why i should bother spending fifteen minutes feeding him holy water in the brig
my guy these are game mechanics that cultists dont have control over
toemas

Post by toemas » #660485

Irrelevant to my statement
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #660496

Yeah im gonna say it

Based
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #660499

Gay sex
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #660501

I just don't get why no one capitalizes the name right

It's NoxVS. They printed it wrong on the trialmin review and now it's happening here
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #660502

Sexrule literally waited 5 seconds between asking for there stuff back and stunning the HOS. Unless there was more conversation I've missed was there even time for the HOS to come up with a responce before Sexrule escalated the situation?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #660504

How is this not just an IC thing? Both sides willingly escalated several times.
The biggest issue here is that you are the head of security. Because of the nature of security and the protections you have, there is not much that can be done to escalate against you. If you tell them to pound sand, they are out of luck. They can't get security to deal with you, probably can't get command to deal with you, they usually have worse gear than you, and they'll probably get curbstomped by the rest of security if they try anything against you. And even when they did successfully get the gun back, you just went after them to steal it again anyways. Their options were either give up entirely and write their shotgun off as gone forever, or fight you for it for the rest of the round despite the fact that you have the advantage in escalating the situation to the point of critting or killing them.

This is just bullshit, I have stuncuffed and stripped or even killed shitter HoS before, yes it's an uphill battle, but that's part of gitting gut.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #660508

toemas wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:09 am Irrelevant to my statement
Based HOS that am sure I will hate when I get noob cult teammates that die and out cult within the first 15mins
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #660510

Scriptis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:05 am yeah i think we should just ban both of these people
Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #660520

Its a shock to me that Reider would get banned for something like this seeing as I've been RR'd numerous times for way more innocuous shit, like I have been conditioned to think that outright calling someone a whore would be grounds for you getting introduced to the supermatter
I will say though that from the rounds ive played with him he seems to be the definition of "If thats what it takes to protect myself". Like if flashbanging medbay 3 times and perpetually filling the halls with teargas is what it takes to protect his life then you better believe those grenades are already primed. The lawyers were constantly on his ass
Overall a funny lad though, unban he (this is coming from the guy he arrested for being black/hacking a door)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #660521

Moths were a mistake
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #660522

Dax Dupont wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:21 pm Moths were a mistake
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660529

I like reider, as captain I typically have little problems to deal with when he's Hos
I absolutely hate to do it, but I personally have commandeered weapons/ids from live people multiple times when the situation calls for it
i'm not sure about all the context here, but the bartender probably should have just given up the shotgun. him getting crit multiple times over trying to get it back is on him, not the HOS
Heads should strive to set a good example for the crew, it's tough as the HOS though, especially those with the mindset of taking down group antags COD style, but sometimes you have to make executive decisions that may or may not work out in your favor when centcom gets involved
the proper escalation here would be to simply have thrown serx in the gulag, I think

>10:47:18 SAY Serxule/(Muffler) "actually kill yourself"

we're all just gonna ignore that one though huh
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #660535

I'm shocked it took this long for him to rack up another sec ban tbh.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #660545

Offering the laser gun was because I just felt a bit bad about their angry rambling. I feel significantly less threatened with a laser gun than an improvised shotgun. Lasers take a while to down a target and give you time to react while improvised shotguns can 2 tap people into crit, give severe bleed wounds, and can stunlock into a wall on the first shot. The guns do not compare.
And here I thought Reider was just being a dick to the bartender by keeping his useless shotgun from em for no reason. But nope, he did have a reason - to powergame, apparently. Clearly makes the whole situation better!
► Show Spoiler
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #660549

Striders13 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:55 am
Offering the laser gun was because I just felt a bit bad about their angry rambling. I feel significantly less threatened with a laser gun than an improvised shotgun. Lasers take a while to down a target and give you time to react while improvised shotguns can 2 tap people into crit, give severe bleed wounds, and can stunlock into a wall on the first shot. The guns do not compare.
And here I thought Reider was just being a dick to the bartender by keeping his useless shotgun from em for no reason. But nope, he did have a reason - to powergame, apparently. Clearly makes the whole situation better!
No idea how both players are such fucking horrible creatures.

From the words of the ahelper, (who had a history of toxicity) this one's for you strider.

"Whore."
"Actually kill yourself"
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660550

its rare that someone tells me to go kill myself within the game, but when it happens, its an insta perma/permagulag

*boink* excuse me kendrick, could you tell me why you decided to perma this person?
"yeah, they told me to go kill myself"
"thanks for your time!"

?????????
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #660555

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:22 pm its rare that someone tells me to go kill myself within the game, but when it happens, its an insta perma/permagulag

*boink* excuse me kendrick, could you tell me why you decided to perma this person?
"thanks for your time!"

?????????
yeah so think about it. when you arrest me i can

a) scream slurs and profanity at you, which will surely make you let me go and not escalate further against me or
b) talk you down politely, maybe make you laugh (yeah i just dropped my keys in the gibber officer, he was just trying to help me get them back, it was a horrible accident but it wasn't my fault)

only one of these things makes the round more fun... i wonder which one it is?
Spoiler:

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660557

I hate the playstyle Reider has, but imo, this is another instance of an admin taking action in a situation that doesn't justify it, and (just assuming here), maybe influenced by popular opinion and ooc/discord reports, which even I have voiced.

Someone being a powergaming shit non-stop every round in which there aren't admins online doesn't mean you get online and ban said player that particular round for something you (most likely) wouldn't ban someone else, no matter how one feels with a player's playstyle.

Both parties were being awful in this case, and in this throwing shit competition, both were justified in acting like that with each other. Let them eat shit and just don't intervene no matter what the outcome is.
Reider was aggressively powergaming as per usual, and Muffler was being a dipshit crybaby. No fucking sympathy for either. Suspend any sort of admin intervention regarding escalation, no matter how it ends. I C I S S U E

If you really want to catch players like these doing the shit they usually do BE ONLINE MORE IN SYBIL and actually ban them for something DESERVING it. This ban's just pathetic.

I'm actually kinda pleading for that last one.

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660562

Scriptis wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:24 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:22 pm its rare that someone tells me to go kill myself within the game, but when it happens, its an insta perma/permagulag

"thanks for your time!"

?????????
yeah so think about it. when you arrest me i can

a) scream slurs and profanity at you, which will surely make you let me go and not escalate further against me or
b) talk you down politely, maybe make you laugh (yeah i just dropped my keys in the gibber officer, he was just trying to help me get them back, it was a horrible accident but it wasn't my fault)

only one of these things makes the round more fun... i wonder which one it is?
i would absolutely accept this response, provided there was no emag on you and you, like, werent covered in blood and gibs(unlikely)
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #660563

Agux909 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:53 pm If you really want to catch players like these doing the shit they usually do BE ONLINE MORE IN SYBIL and actually ban them for something DESERVING it. This ban's just pathetic.
hey

why haven't you applied to be a sybil admin yet
Spoiler:

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660565

Scriptis wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:57 pm
Agux909 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:53 pm If you really want to catch players like these doing the shit they usually do BE ONLINE MORE IN SYBIL and actually ban them for something DESERVING it. This ban's just pathetic.
hey

Being just a player is easier and comfier for me. I just play and opiniate. I only answer for myself.
Also no time, nor motivation to subject myself to such involved endeavor. Let people who have those do it?

Why didn't you STAY as admin?

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660566

Scriptis wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:57 pm
hey

hey

hey

why did you resign
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #660572

Problem is being an admin is catching dumb shit for free and having your every action scrutinized in appeal threads or admin complaint shit and the bureaucratic nonsense attached like it's a fucking job

Honestly I do feel like admins, if they prove to be people who are trustworthy and can handle it, should be given a way wider berth to say "no fuck off" given the level of rules lawyering shitters we have in SS13
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #660573

If admins can't handle being scrutinized for banning people then maybe they shouldn't be admins.
Image Image
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #660574

Ziiro wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:52 pm

Problem is being an admin is catching dumb shit for free and having your every action scrutinized in appeal threads or admin complaint shit and the bureaucratic nonsense attached like it's a fucking job
I agree, and it's not really a problem per se, more like a fact, an inscapable truth. I think this should be added as a disclaimer everywhere if you ever try to sign up as an admin (if it isn't already). It shouldn't be something giving the impression of being "easy", and if you make the decision to become one, you should remember that it was your choice to bear that weight, and without pay!
Yeah I don't think everyone can be an admin, training should emphasize this, hard.
Ziiro wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:52 pmHonestly I do feel like admins, if they prove to be people who are trustworthy and can handle it, should be given a way wider berth to say "no fuck off" given the level of rules lawyering shitters we have in SS13
Admins who "prove to be trustworthy people that can handle it" can make mistakes too, because they're still human beings. And it's okay to criticize them if you think they did. If they can't handle this pressure then they should take a break, retire for a bit, or just step down.

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #660578

i wonder why coders arent held to the same standards our admins are
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #660579

dude admins couldn't care less about the Peanut Threads created by players. having to appeal to headmins and fitting in with the rest of the team? that's the hard part of being an admin. players come and go but behind the scenes the movers and shakers are game masters (and the elected headmins). the admin team is far from mean or anything like that- they definitely pick the nicest players out of the bunch, as everyone on the team is very approachable and kind. but being nice doesn't stop office politics. you have to defend your actions to nice people (VERY DIFFICULT) many of whom hold real tangible political power
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #660584

To whomever it may concern,

Get fucked lmao

Best wishes,
Kobe Catster (Timonk (Me))
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #660589

Another reason I like it is because it provides a small motivation for people to be protective of their money, which can encourage conflict.
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #660596

iwishforducks wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:18 pmyou have to defend your actions to nice people (VERY DIFFICULT) many of whom hold real tangible political power
I thought that being promoted to admin meant I was above the whole heart rate spike whenever you hear a bwoink go through, until all of the sudden I had a headmin sending me a discord message asking if I have a moment. Almost had a heart attack.