AIs are taking over ban appeals.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

AIs are taking over ban appeals.

Post by Turbonerd » #661333

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33061

This could be the beginning of the end. One day ban appeals will just be AI generated arguments.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Re: AIs are taking over ban appeals.

Post by Epicgamer545 » #661335

What exactly makes a text “AI generated”, even? What if I tried hard writing to express my takes and someone looks at me in a funny way calls my post AI generated? How can I prove my posts aren’t AI generated?
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #661336

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:36 pm What exactly makes a text “AI generated”, even? What if I tried hard writing to express my takes and someone looks at me in a funny way calls my post AI generated? How can I prove my posts aren’t AI generated?
They wrote the most generic and generalised appeal possible.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #661338

It follows the ChatGPT formula. Kubisopplay generated the following response for FatalX1 to use when the appeal was first made:
Prompt:
Write a denial message for appeal of space station 13 ban, with the reason being that ban appeal message was AI generated

Response:
Dear [Appealer],

Thank you for your appeal regarding your ban from Space Station 13. After careful review of your appeal, we have determined that the ban will stand. The reason for this decision is that your appeal message was generated by an artificial intelligence and does not provide any new information or valid grounds for appeal.

We understand that you may be disappointed by this decision, but please understand that the ban was put in place for a reason and we must uphold the rules and regulations of the game.

We hope you will take this opportunity to reflect on your actions and make better choices in the future.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]
FatalX1 never used this template because they are very boring and professional.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #661339

Timberpoes wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:44 pm It follows the ChatGPT formula. Kubisopplay generated the following response for FatalX1 to use when the appeal was first made:
Prompt:
Write a denial message for appeal of space station 13 ban, with the reason being that ban appeal message was AI generated

Response:
Dear [Appealer],

Thank you for your appeal regarding your ban from Space Station 13. After careful review of your appeal, we have determined that the ban will stand. The reason for this decision is that your appeal message was generated by an artificial intelligence and does not provide any new information or valid grounds for appeal.

We understand that you may be disappointed by this decision, but please understand that the ban was put in place for a reason and we must uphold the rules and regulations of the game.

We hope you will take this opportunity to reflect on your actions and make better choices in the future.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]
FatalX1 never used this template because they are very boring and professional.
Oh, I see. GPT really likes headers.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #661340

I don't dislike AI-generated ban appeals, if only because they are at least concise, polite and clear.

Some players struggle to write ban appeals and express themselves properly. It always seemed unfair that some appeals suffer because the writer was never taught English writing to a decent standard.

Still, this will probably be denied again without a vouch.
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #661599

chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:50 pm I don't dislike AI-generated ban appeals, if only because they are at least concise, polite and clear.

Some players struggle to write ban appeals and express themselves properly. It always seemed unfair that some appeals suffer because the writer was never taught English writing to a decent standard.
regardless, we have an entire ban appeal format, and if you cant come up with any reasons to defend yourself and you need an AI to do it, i dont think you should get unbanned, as for non-english, so far i've never seen that be a problem, i've seen some pretty awful grammar (like child level grammar) in ban appeals that get accepted
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #661603

The text scores 99.98% AI on the ChatGPT2 AI detector.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #661709

chocolate_bickie wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:50 pm Still, this will probably be denied again without a vouch.
I'm sure they have at least 3 different AI that can write up a vouch for them.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #661724

CPTANT wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:00 pm The text scores 99.98% AI on the ChatGPT2 AI detector.
S RANKO PERFECTOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!