Guy joins with 3 admins and a player on and tries to play the game normally nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Guy joins with 3 admins and a player on and tries to play the game normally nut

Post by MrStonedOne » #663191

Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Guy joins with 3 admins and a player on and tries to play the game normally nut

Post by MrStonedOne » #663192

annoying question time: wtf do you do here? from their prospective they tried to play the game normally and got admin'ed, but it was a like 5 pop round they were trying zombies on (like, come on man), but also justice was spawned in as an human from a round start observer (but also its 5 pop so meh), and also the admins on were playing tcg in the holodeck i think?. and also i don't think prog tot handles this kind of pop level anywhere nearly as well as tot could just by giving you freedom to fit your plan to the round.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Re: Guy joins with 3 admins and a player on and tries to play the game normally nut

Post by Bepis » #663194

at what level of playercount should it just be treated as or just outright be a green shift

also big yikes on the dchat salt
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #663196

I don't know what to think here
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #663202

Traitor gaming while 5 people are on is cringe

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #663206

This wouldn't be an issue if ISS station was in rotation
inb4 "maintainability!" lol its like 5% as big as meta and if you speed up the shuttle timers you have the perfect seeding solution so the server can quickly pivot to standard operations once a critical mass of players is achieved. I want some wolf 359 flavor paranoia in my paranoia ridden space station simulator and that's much more in scope than like half the game at this point. This whole "/TG/ station" Idea has gone way too far like this is bordering on full blown inhuman reactions here like whats "traditional game" about space stations like when i think of "Traditional game" I think of a deer who values stable households and baseball like the fuck is paranoia about an ice planet you can just chill on the surface of while the ""space"" station explodes tf?? The international space station station is staring at your dome like 12 hours a aday(EST) station like what isn't scary about that and there are RESIVOIRS of MENTALLY FORMLESS INDIVIDUALS of THEIR OWN VOLITION and im not saying I have all the answers but I am on all the pages so If anyone was close to answering why theres a goddam space chicken dropping metal cds into the atmosphere for my old man to play on his radio and its not even the classic stuff well it just tells me theres something wrong with the concept okay?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663207

we haven't had some good ol' textbook admin abuse in a while. lol
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #663208

i dont see a problem with admin abusing someone whos being a nuisance when the pop is that low
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663209

lol

Code: Select all

03:16:48	ADMIN	DSAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "Dude, u got 100h. I'm better than you, thx"	(167, 48, 1)	Thunderdome Arena
speed deadmin any% (TRIPLE DELUXE EDITION)
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #663210

People who rush their objectives on dead pop have no rights tbh. The game literally just doesn't function at that player count. Take the time to chill out and vibe. Experiment with shit, instead of going out of your way to turn that Dead Pop into No Pop.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #663212

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:57 am

03:16:48	ADMIN	DSAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "Dude, u got 100h. I'm better than you, thx"	(167, 48, 1)	Thunderdome Arena
very very cringe!
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #663213

lol, lmao, rofl
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663214

also how is this Starlord_Gwyn person admin? they don't even have an admin feedback page. they had a ban appeal at one point apparently? but yet again, no admin feedback page and they're not even in the admin staffing log. unless for some reason forum search is bugging out
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #663215

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:07 am also how is this Starlord_Gwyn person admin? they don't even have an admin feedback page. they had a ban appeal at one point apparently? but yet again, no admin feedback page and they're not even in the admin staffing log. unless for some reason forum search is bugging out
Might be the underscore viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24831
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #663216

dragomagol wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:09 am
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:07 am also how is this Starlord_Gwyn person admin? they don't even have an admin feedback page. they had a ban appeal at one point apparently? but yet again, no admin feedback page and they're not even in the admin staffing log. unless for some reason forum search is bugging out
Might be the underscore viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24831
that'd be it thanks. was just confused on that.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dragomagol » #663219

Justice probably should have gotten a third party to deal with this in the first place; being the victim of a rulebreak (lowpop murderbone, very cringe!) and taking it into their own hands (kind of administratively? using admin powers?) already makes things pretty sticky. Especially when they were spawned in a player space as what could hazily be described as a player.

I think that spawning in what seems to be a taser (or something that shoots electrodes), killing them, and taunting them in deadchat was not cool.
AKA tattle

Spoiler:
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #663221

Weird one... What is it with tots blindly following their objectives even on like 5 pop stations. So you get 69TC and the syndicate love you and .... there's no finale, there's no-one to fight, nothing interesting to do. You can go fire up a private server and literally lone tot, will be about as challenging and exciting overall. Like whats really the point. Sure, if you want to, try not to kill or RR much because there's really not that many people to kill or RR.

In fact, you come across the last two sentiences on the station doing their thing and all you can think of is depopulating the station entirely by romeroling. Then what? Two zombies who probably should gibself/suicide/dnr before they get to the point of getting converted, and even if they did convert, what are they going to do? Fight their creator, because thats all they literally can do. And if they dont convert, grats, one pop station, you win (?)

Why not chill and take the time. And overall this is just kinda sad, my "take" on the TCG is we need a thunderdome or map loadable template for an arena so we can play it without having to exist in the players world on the holodeck. Spawn it inside indestructible walls on z=1 and its an admin haven, safe from any interaction. But the sad part is that this TCG is kinda cool, fun little addition to the game and the holodeck arena is really sweet. Raising awareness of it amogst players overall I think is a neat idea and something fun and different, so I kinda /like/ the idea of it being played out in the holodeck, even if I wouldn't pick that venue myself typically because of likely interactions like this where people only interact to ruin it (doesn't even have to be antags, people turning of the holodeck is similarly unnecessary and annoying).

All in all, meh, last player on the station, unable to do their thing anyway, shuttle called, decides to kill the last two sentiences they could interact with. What next? sit around in silence till the shuttle arrives? might as well be dead, nothing was really lost here.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #663223

Admin casually checking someone's player panel while actively playing the game.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... /game.html

[2023-01-27 03:06:00.607] ADMIN: 03:06:00.607] ADMIN: Starlord_Gwyn/(Gabrielle Quinn) checked the individual player panel for Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) while in game.
Also, not sure if this is them spawning a tactical energy gun or not. What does it mean to add an energy gun to the list? What list? Logs confuse me.

[2023-01-27 03:06:36.899] ADMIN: 03:06:36.899] ADMIN: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) modified list's contents: ADDED=the tactical energy gun
dragomagol wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:40 am I think that spawning in what seems to be a taser (or something that shoots electrodes), killing them, and taunting them in deadchat was not cool.
Here are the logs where they shoot electrodes. Does a tactical energy gun shoot electrodes? How did they shoot electrodes? I'm so confused.
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... attack.txt

[2023-01-27 03:12:44.933] ATTACK: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) fired at [floor] with the electrode from Recreation Area (Recreation Area (64,114,2))
[2023-01-27 03:12:46.834] ATTACK: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) fired at [floor] with the electrode from Recreation Area (Recreation Area (66,110,2))
[2023-01-27 03:12:46.995] ATTACK: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) shot Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) with the electrode (NEWHP: 99)  (Recreation Area (66,109,2))
[2023-01-27 03:12:47.441] ATTACK: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) fired at [Recreation Area] with the electrode from Recreation Area (Recreation Area (68,109,2))
[2023-01-27 03:12:48.261] ATTACK: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) fired at Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) with the electrode from Recreation Area (NEWHP: 99)  (Recreation Area (68,109,2))
[2023-01-27 03:12:48.395] ATTACK: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) shot Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) with the electrode (NEWHP: 99)  (Recreation Area (68,109,2))
Edit:
I just noticed after posting this. Were Gwyn and Justice metacomming? Shortly after Gwyn checked Virescent's player panel Justice seemed to spawn in the tactical energy gun.
Pardon my ignorance, but can you see if someone's a traitor from their player panel, and is the "modified list's contents" Justice spawning an energy gun?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #663225

its a security ERT e-gun that has a taser option
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #663226

Tearling wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:12 am
I just noticed after posting this. Were Gwyn and Justice metacomming?
I mean in fairness literally everyone metacomms when there's <5 players online
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #663227

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:31 am
It is an object of interest as to whether or not the admins were communicating in an admin channel or privately outside of tgstation entirely. If they were chatting in an admin channel they might have said something there that would be of interest, and if it was off tgstation entirely it's just sus.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dragomagol » #663228

Tearling wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:39 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:31 am -snip-
It is an object of interest as to whether or not the admins were communicating in an admin channel or privately outside of tgstation entirely. If they were chatting in an admin channel they might have said something there that would be of interest, and if it was off tgstation entirely it's just sus.
I doubt highly that they were metacomming. They had been talking IC up to that point, why switch suddenly? The two logs you're referencing come shortly after this exchange:
[2023-01-27 03:05:00.926] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "Heyo" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:14.918] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "Hope you dont mind me turning you into zombies" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:19.710] SAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "uh" (Recreational Holodeck (59,115,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:23.349] SAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "We kinda do, actually" (Recreational Holodeck (59,115,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:23.460] SAY: Starlord_Gwyn/(Gabrielle Quinn) "we&#39;ll just keep playing" (Recreational Holodeck (59,110,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:25.484] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "I got romerool" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:26.878] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "Cmoon" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:37.491] SAY: Starlord_Gwyn/(Gabrielle Quinn) "you can but then we&#39;ll just be zombie gamers." (Recreational Holodeck (59,110,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:41.909] SAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "We need hands to play" (Recreational Holodeck (59,115,2))
so they're probably just both reacting to that. And yeah you can open up the traitor panel through the player panel to see if someone's an antag.
AKA tattle

Spoiler:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #663229

"literally everyone"
[citation needed]
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #663230

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:00 am
"literally everyone"
[citation needed]
OH NO, you are not gonna bait me into confessing to my crimes
I did not have metacomm relations with that admin

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #663231

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:04 am
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:00 am
"literally everyone"
[citation needed]
OH NO, you are not gonna bait me into confessing to my crimes
I did not have metacomm relations with that admin
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #663233

dragomagol wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:58 am
Tearling wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:39 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:31 am -snip-
I doubt highly that they were metacomming. They had been talking IC up to that point, why switch suddenly? The two logs you're referencing come shortly after this exchange:
[2023-01-27 03:05:00.926] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "Heyo" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:14.918] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "Hope you dont mind me turning you into zombies" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:19.710] SAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "uh" (Recreational Holodeck (59,115,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:23.349] SAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "We kinda do, actually" (Recreational Holodeck (59,115,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:23.460] SAY: Starlord_Gwyn/(Gabrielle Quinn) "we&#39;ll just keep playing" (Recreational Holodeck (59,110,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:25.484] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "I got romerool" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:26.878] SAY: Virescent/(Anastasia Isaman) "Cmoon" (Recreation Area (64,111,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:37.491] SAY: Starlord_Gwyn/(Gabrielle Quinn) "you can but then we&#39;ll just be zombie gamers." (Recreational Holodeck (59,110,2))
[2023-01-27 03:05:41.909] SAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "We need hands to play" (Recreational Holodeck (59,115,2))
so they're probably just both reacting to that. And yeah you can open up the traitor panel through the player panel to see if someone's an antag.
Fair point!
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #663234

Code issue, its generally seen as following your objectives is the only thing that is 100% sanctioned as an antagonist, regardless of pop, if those objectives are too much for low pop then dont have anyone with those objectives on low pop. (Greenshift)

IMO the game would be healthier if threat was generated per living non antag who`s existence was flagged as proper & part of the round (so round start individuals are flagged, ghost role like charlie station isnt, posibrains are flagged, adminspawned people are not but an admin can set the flag).

Burst of threat generation based on flag count at the start, followed by constant threat generation based on active flag count.

And ofcourse, cap antagonists based on player count.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #663239

What kind of turbo soy bores himself to death as traitor and then tries to bore everyone else to death while waiting for a(eventually) boring shuttle call at 5 pop?
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #663242

The tot murderboning in lowpop showed no empathy, someone needs to take him out. I think the admins could've ahelped, but it was 5 pop and the tot literally held the round hostage.

The player probably opened themselves up to getting banned by opening this complaint, they're an obvious bad faith player.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #663243

I definitely think that antags need a pop count cap, there is nothing engaging about having an antagonist when there's only four people to fight them. Security is just as much as an antagonists job content as an antagonist is to security.

Also Justice absolutely would have benifted from pinging supportmins to come help, there's nothing that says you can't playmin if there's no other admins but you 100% should get another admin if you end up involved in a situation.
Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #663244

So I gotta ask, this thing is on the tg wiki
4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.

Except metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals.
So whats the real rule then since this one is apparently fake? I dont see anything bout lowpop murderbone in the precedents of both rule 1 and 4 so i am confused. Please tell me if i missed something
I also legitimately dont understand why you would get mad that someone interrupted your game with your admin buttbuddy. It is ss13. Why wouldnt you just not play ss13 and play a coop game if the idea of an actual fucking traitor killing you is so heinous. it is part of the fucking game. what the fuck is wrong with your administration
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #663245

Being in any kind of administrative position and having JUSTICE in your name is an immediate redflag.

Other than that, I would have gone further and teleported them into the gibber and laughed frivolously at their demise. So they actually got off easy.

If you're already going to handwave all of the shitty admin behavior (you know who), you don't have to start being uptight now.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #663248

There were 3 admins active in the logs Misdoubtful posted. (Starlord_Gwyn, Justice12354 and Iain0)

Given Gwyn and Justice were both playeradmins in that situation, the ideal way would be to let Iain handle this, since he was directly watching the area.

Having said that, the murderboning tot had to be punished in some way and Justice most likely reacted in the moment.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #663250

Thaumic wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:11 am So I gotta ask, this thing is on the tg wiki
4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.

Except metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals.
So whats the real rule then since this one is apparently fake? I dont see anything bout lowpop murderbone in the precedents of both rule 1 and 4 so i am confused. Please tell me if i missed something
I also legitimately dont understand why you would get mad that someone interrupted your game with your admin buttbuddy. It is ss13. Why wouldnt you just not play ss13 and play a coop game if the idea of an actual fucking traitor killing you is so heinous. it is part of the fucking game. what the fuck is wrong with your administration
Deadpop murderbone is a rule 12 violation under "play-to-win" with elements of rule 1. Of course, this requires invoking Rule 0.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #663251

doing tot on deadpop and acting like there's 70 people on is shit. how are you even still having fun at that point, come on. you're not roleplaying with anyone, you're not kicking anyone's ass, you're just... sitting there, staring at bars as they fill up, until you get a final objective. like, congrats?
admin power abuse is also shit. if you're gonna go for getting a valid admin complaint by spawning in items to your benefit, you might as well just right click -> gib him and go back to your card game.
guy absolutely deserved it though. what kind of singleminded dickhead goes around turning people horizontal when 5 people are on the server?

Tearling

Post by Tearling » #663253

Turbonerd wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:38 am The player probably opened themselves up to getting banned by opening this complaint, they're an obvious bad faith player.
Banning them, or punishing them in any way for posting an admin complaint would set a terrible precedent.
Especially because the admin did do pretty much exactly what they're alleging.

Well, the admin doesn't seem to be very apologetic about it anyways.
ADMIN: DSAY: Justice12354/(Michaela Schroeder) "Will do it again and again" (Thunderdome Arena (172,52,1))
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #663256

This is a land mine.

Spawning weapons in so you can play singleplayer coop on the station z-level as a DMPC is a big, big yikes. Acting like you did nothing wrong afterwards is a big, big yikes.

DMPCs are waaaaaaay more restricted than DMs. Every single admin should know the second their character steps foot on the station z-level they are now also player character.

If we don't allow antags to antag properly on lowpop, we should probably look to disable creating them entirely until they're allowed to kill.

You can still handle overt rule breakers in the capacity of an admin event runner where someone impacts or ruins your event, but I struggle to call 2 admins in the holodrck playing TCG as the kind of event covered by the spirit of that.

The ruling restricting lowpop murderbone is also waaaaay less prominent than the rule allowing antags to do whatever they want, and fixing that is as trivial as including it right there in rule 4 with a definition of lowpop. That would be an easy win for this term.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #663257

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:01 pm This is a land mine.

Spawning weapons in so you can play singleplayer coop on the station z-level as a DMPC is a big, big yikes. Acting like you did nothing wrong afterwards is a big, big yikes.

DMPCs are waaaaaaay more restricted than DMs. Every single admin should know the second their character steps foot on the station z-level they are now also player character.

If we don't allow antags to antag properly on lowpop, we should probably look to disable creating them entirely until they're allowed to kill.

You can still handle overt rule breakers in the capacity of an admin event runner where someone impacts or ruins your event, but I struggle to call 2 admins in the holodrck playing TCG as the kind of event covered by the spirit of that.

The ruling restricting lowpop murderbone is also waaaaay less prominent than the rule allowing antags to do whatever they want, and fixing that is as trivial as including it right there in rule 4 with a definition of lowpop. That would be an easy win for this term.
Wouldn't it be a rather simple case of the Spirit of Rule 4? Rule 1 is the biggest and most important rule. Rule 4 exists to allow antags to be able to play the game properly and do their stuff without running afoul of escalation policy and the like. Much like you can still run afoul of Rule 8 despite the existence of Rule 4, wouldn't they still be able to run afoul of Rule 1 if they're being a dickhead by, say, trying to set the Total Station Population from 5 to 0 when everyone else is just kinda minding their own business and doing their own things?
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #663258

The fact that lowpop murderboning is incredibly cringe and absolutely something you'll get bwoinked for doesn't make this not clear-cut admin abuse.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #663259

You cannot punish a player for doing objs on lowpop SURELY. Words like murderbone are being thrown around but it doesn't seem like this to me at least... The players on the holodeck were also kinda...rude? Like, they weren't nice to the antag here they basically told them to fuck off and the antag acted in turn to fuck them over. Seems fair to me!
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #663260

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:01 pm This is a land mine.

Once again, Ocelot has the correct opinion

Tearling wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:12 am Also, not sure if this is them spawning a tactical energy gun or not. What does it mean to add an energy gun to the list? What list? Logs confuse me.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you see if someone's a traitor from their player panel, and is the "modified list's contents" Justice spawning an energy gun?
Adding it to a list probably means they added it to an object's contents, e.g adding it to a backpack.
From a PP I don't think you can see tot status; but it's trivial to check in ways that aren't logged
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #663262

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:01 pm If we don't allow antags to antag properly on lowpop, we should probably look to disable creating them entirely until they're allowed to kill.
This was my thought last night but I never got to posting it because I was condensing the logs.

Seems like a population breakpoints issue. Either for the number of antags (any I guess) or for prog tot objectives availability.

If we didn't want there to be low pop antags or the ability for low pop antags to get legendary objectives, then why is it coded the way it is?

If we want antags to have a certain range in low pop, then why is it coded the way it is?

If this is the reality people need to be expecting, codify it. Make it VERY clear to people during low pop, even if that boils down to a giant obnoxious prompt telling antags they can't kill or be a dick because there are less than exactly 12 people in the station (arbitrary garbage). Sowwwwwwy!

I can't stand precedents like this that set people up for failure because the coded gameplay implies one thing and everything else implies another.

Don't want low pop antags that might just get an objective that involves killing? Remove them.

---

Did they make the choice to go for that objective? Absolutely.

Did the game give them the option to though? Absolutely.

Could the admin have loaded up the new card game on a private server if they didn't want to be disturbed? Absolutely.

Could the admin have loaded up the new card gane by spawning in the map template at the 'admin z level'? Absolutely.

Did the admin decide to harass the player instead of being professional? Absolutely.

Could the admin have gotten a third party involved? Absolutely.

Did the admin take one of the most nuclear options instead of opening a ticket? Absolutely.
Don't cheat. Never use admin powers on yourself if you are playing or planning on playing the round. Do not use your admin verbs to gain yourself an IC advantage.
No Attacks/harassment towards players
Hugs
Virescent
Byond Username: Virescent

Post by Virescent » #663264

Hey there, cringe antag player in question here. So to explain myself a bit deeper to critics:
During the last interaction, I've pressed a bit harder on the two players in the holodeck, but nothing insulting, just an attempt to convince them. Of course they were against it. The whole time, I was totally split between doing the asshole move and leaving them alone. During the final part of the conversation, I was leaning a bit more to leave them alone and maybe test out antag gear or something. But the admin's final, rude remark have pushed me to the "Yep, gonna be asshole and gonna enjoy it!" so I took out X-4, put it on their doors and after explosion, tried to finish them off both.
The reason why I even bothered antagging was because I never reached Legendary tasks (except the Battlecruiser one but on a shuttle that was already going to CC) and wanted to try it out. I also never had Romerol in my hands so yea, I really wanted to try it.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #663265

Virescent wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:34 pm Hey there, cringe antag player in question here. So to explain myself a bit deeper to critics:
During the last interaction, I've pressed a bit harder on the two players in the holodeck, but nothing insulting, just an attempt to convince them. Of course they were against it. The whole time, I was totally split between doing the asshole move and leaving them alone. During the final part of the conversation, I was leaning a bit more to leave them alone and maybe test out antag gear or something. But the admin's final, rude remark have pushed me to the "Yep, gonna be asshole and gonna enjoy it!" so I took out X-4, put it on their doors and after explosion, tried to finish them off both.
The reason why I even bothered antagging was because I never reached Legendary tasks (except the Battlecruiser one but on a shuttle that was already going to CC) and wanted to try it out. I also never had Romerol in my hands so yea, I really wanted to try it.
People are just focusing too much on what you did rather than the concept of an admin complaint. Your gameplay isn't what's in question here and you honestly don't have to defend it, just your complaint against conduct.
Hugs
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #663266

People are acting like "oh player did a bad thing and so admin did a bad thing so it's ok"

Absolutely not. Admins MUST be held to a higher level of scrutiny, and even ignoring that, the player did an annoying but not rule-breaking thing
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #663267

I was about to edit my post to include that, thanks.
Hugs
Virescent
Byond Username: Virescent

Post by Virescent » #663270

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:40 pm
Virescent wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:34 pm Hey there, cringe antag player in question here. So to explain myself a bit deeper to critics:
People are just focusing too much on what you did rather than the concept of an admin complaint. Your gameplay isn't what's in question here and you honestly don't have to defend it, just your complaint against conduct.
Fair enough. I just felt like pointing it out since people ignore it completely and I honestly don't feel like being hated by the players.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #663271

You shouldn't completely abstain from doing anything antagonistic if you roll antag on deadpop. There's a major difference between cremating every player 10 minutes in and simply going for final objective, as you actually let the round progress for a while. Really dont think the traitor did anything wrong here.
► Show Spoiler
Thaumic
Byond Username: Thaumic

Post by Thaumic » #663272

The only mistake he made was not maxcapping the admin circlejerk
No more half measures walt
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #663274

These are going to be my full thoughts typed out now that I've looked at all the logs.

They attempted interaction! They went up to the admins and were talking to them until they decided to just start...ignoring the player. Could they have not gone "you know what, let us finish our game then sure!" or something along those lines instead of going to full-out BLANK the person? The traitor In this scenario is fully in their right to retaliate antagonistically, they attempted to good faith convince them and speak to them which failed. The station is a shared space and not a private one so it was a cringe move by the admins playing and an entirely acceptable one by the player in my book.

Even looking at the above point, the admins that are spawned in should not be retaliating against the player regardless. They're not members of the round, they've spawned themselves in administratively for the sole purpose of doing something. What gives them the right to retaliate against a player (who's playing the game) when they're able to respawn themselves and spawn shit etc. If they wanted to play in private they have a whole private z level where no one would touch you! Clear cut case of admins abusing their powers because they don't want to interact with players in the round.

For those calling the player a "murderboner" and calling them "cringe" they were just doing objectives. If you want to be free from traitors and from objectives at all times you can boot up your own epic space station and play there with no tots. There should always be some semblance of worry, the idea shouldn't be pushed that "oh there are under 10 players which means this will be a completely safe shift for me to do whatever I want because the traitor will be friendly tee-hee!" In this case, the traitor ATTEMPTED to negotiate but there was little to no actual negotiation from the admins so they got clapped. If they came up wordlessly and killed the two admins, I'd agree that their actions were cringe. But that's simply not what happened. To quote the description of the game,
"Space Station 13 is a paranoia-laden round-based roleplaying game set against the backdrop of a nonsensical, metal death trap masquerading as a space station, with charming spritework designed to represent the sci-fi setting and its dangerous undertones. Have fun, and survive!"
Paranoia shouldn't just vanish because it's lowpop.

The D-chat is super disappointing. I'm not sure why the rest of the admins decided to dogpile the player with accusations of being an asshole. Especially seeing the admins abuse their powers and still have the gall to go "you're an asshole". Incredibly disappointing behaviour to see. No one challenged the admin who was abusing (despite the other admins(4) obviously witnessing it). Very saddening.

The player did absolutely nothing wrong, they were simply playing the game within all the rules and got abused for it. Very clear cut case for the headmins.
Last edited by kieth4 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.