Head Admin Prediction Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Head Admin Prediction Thread

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #663774

Bottom post of the previous page:

This term I GET TO MAKE THE THREAD
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Head Admin Prediction Thread

Post by CPTANT » #664013

I do not get the feather ruffling thing, you are the sanest person in literally every thread I have seen you respond to.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664015

CPTANT wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:43 pm I do not get the feather ruffling thing, you are the sanest person in literally every thread I have seen you respond to.
from my personal experience, timber can be stubborn. but they also write like. a lot. a lot a lot. it can be exhausting to talk to them on things. but the past 6 months i think they have the right ideas about things. i'm happy to see that someone's putting fire under poor decisions
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #664017

Words are fun.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664018

you didn't like my words :(
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664021

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:08 pm you didn't like my words :(
You caused increased headmin workload. It gave me a headache. You still technically do and it still technically does (since I do a fair bit of forum moderation these days).

And you've gotten to know me last term. I pick the best hills to stand on and dare people to strike me down as a martyr.

Like overturning the headmins on the Dreary Doom appeal. It's an appeal that should not have been upheld. It should have been overturned by the headmin's reasoning contradicting mine.

Instead the response took a shot at the player unfairly, and upheld the ban on a totally different grounds to which I denied the appeal.

As the banning admin, I was in a position to make that appeal's outcome fair and just. But for everything else, I just have soft/persuasive power.

Loudly protesting about how the system requires the headmins as a check and balance to ensure that players do not need to accept an unfair outcome. Reviewing any unfair outcomes and autonomously remedying them without the player having to have 6 months of admin experience to recognise a ruling, note or ban is flawed. Recognising that players are highly disadvantaged in appeals and they need just as much help, support and guidance arguing their case as admins do.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664023

If I think of obvious admins that are very well-aligned with the players, top of my list is always going to be Misdoubtful. They're one of the most sensible and grounded admins on the team, with an absolutely amazing outlook on SS13 as a whole, informed by experiences across multiple servers. They are exceptionally well-suited to leadership.

If I think of obvious admins with drive and technical knowledge, Riggle fits the mould too. But I don't think they have the essential traits of a leader. Still, with their work on the toolbox tournament they absolutely have the proof they can see through difficult and challenging long-term projects through to completion, which being a headmin requires. I don't agree with... Many or sometimes any of their takes, but they strike me as the kind of headmin that can still operate in the public spotlight and would be a wonderful complement to Misdoubtful.

I'm very interested to see who else is running on a more serious platform this election. This term has seen a fair bit of controversy in bans, appeals and now complaints. My hope with a headmin term that's glacial to act is that they've fully discussed everything internally and have come to an absolutely rock-solid conclusion, something worth the wait.

My voting card will always have goof #1, though.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664028

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:27 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:08 pm you didn't like my words :(
You caused increased headmin workload. It gave me a headache. You still technically do and it still technically does (since I do a fair bit of forum moderation these days).
this is very flattering to hear :D it's nice to hear that despite not being an admin i can still put a little fire under the decisions of the server
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:27 pm And you've gotten to know me last term. I pick the best hills to stand on and dare people to strike me down as a martyr.

Like overturning the headmins on the Dreary Doom appeal. It's an appeal that should not have been upheld. It should have been overturned by the headmin's reasoning contradicting mine.

Instead the response took a shot at the player unfairly, and upheld the ban on a totally different grounds to which I denied the appeal.

As the banning admin, I was in a position to make that appeal's outcome fair and just. But for everything else, I just have soft/persuasive power.

Loudly protesting about how the system requires the headmins as a check and balance to ensure that players do not need to accept an unfair outcome. Reviewing any unfair outcomes and autonomously remedying them without the player having to have 6 months of admin experience to recognise a ruling, note or ban is flawed. Recognising that players are highly disadvantaged in appeals and they need just as much help, support and guidance arguing their case as admins do.
i honestly completely and totally forgot about the whole dreary thing. what an absolute fucking disaster. good on you for bringing that up. the headmins this term have just... really dropped the ball on a lot of things

to be honest i should probably start posting in ban appeals more often too. i never bothered because i didn't want to waste my time writing up paragraphs only to get removed because It's a Peanut Post. the stuff you get away with posting on ban appeals at times makes me LOL. a player would simply never be able to post the things you do
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664033

I stray away from any opinion at all inside appeals.

I try to post only objective facts, clarifications on rules and policy, logs without commentary etc.

Where most appeal peanut posters go wrong is trying to backseat the appeal and providing their own takes.

The best of both worlds is posting your logs and other stuff in the appeal, THEN commenting on it in the peanut.
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #664154

I always enjoy reading the headmin applications and I'm excited for this term's.

Not sure who I'll be voting for yet but I do hope Timber gets a spot.
It keeps getting worse!?
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #664206

Player vote: Timberpoes
Admin vote: Timberpoes again
Host vote: goofball

Timberpoes is gonna hold 2 headmin spots and with them he'll force innocent MSO into hostvoting goofball. With this the server will be doomed, and the prophecy will be complete. This is my genuine 100% prediction. When I'm right you may quote this post.

On a more realistic note, I'm genuinely torn between putting Keith4 and Timberpoes as my number one. I prefer Timberpoes as headmin but I'm really hoping Keith4 wins the player vote, and Timber wins the admin vote. Imagine a world with Keith4, Timberpoes, and Goofball as the headmins. It would be pandemonium.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664211

I'm not gonna run a cringe VOTE FOR ME campaign or anything so don't expect me to win, even the admin vote. Especially the admin vote.

I have what I think is a community-focused platform planned though.

The last time I was headmin I was around the community listening to pings, answering DMs, talking in appeals, explaining when things were delayed. Trying to avoid radio silence, not needing to be summoned into appeals as I was already tracking them, taking player concerns seriously. Like that quote in your signature but on a headmin-community level.

Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of that already. But I hear the idea that players and admins aren't in alignment and I see lots of failures in communiction.

It's why Riggle's on my card for headmin. Even though I think they lack a lot of core leadership qualities, they managed to event lead the toolbox tournament (with help from many other people). They clearly have the proven ability to communicate and handle the extra burden that comes with high profile public interactions like big seasonal events. Being a headmin requires much the same skillset as event lead.

Misdoubtful's communication skills are absolutely excellent and I have absolutely zero doubts they'd transform the relations the community has with the admin team just by their presence in all discussions, appeals, complaints etc.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #664218

I agree w/ timber abt riggle btw and will be throwing my support behind them too - and more importantly, I think they've got the energy to stick through a headminship: there's a burden on the big seasonal events but it's also a very long-term prep cycle before it. I have no doubts riggle would do well, and they seem like the type to ensure that both players and admins are enjoying themselves here.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #664220

+1 to Riggle too, will be my number one vote if he's on

hosting toolbox tournament is absolutely massive.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #664614

Riggle wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:52 am I'll bet on Hugs (Misdoubtful) as the host vote but I'm not sure about the other two as the threads haven't been posted yet
first to make the correct host vote prediction.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #664616

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:05 pm Words are fun.
As a card carrying representative of the essayposter's guild we fully endorse this message.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #664618

I’m going to bet that Goof is going to run again and then someone is going to post their activity graph and then it’s all going downhill from there.

Unless I’m wrong, who knows.

Also, Ocelot has my vote. Very experienced and professional. But I also might vote for someone else, I haven’t got the candidates threads yet. We need people that have the ability to stick through and be a example for the player base as a whole.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #664657

Hopefully it's going to have no maintainers, maptainers or similar. The loss of the luxary shuttle with config changes then unceremoniously dumping it into emag only once back is omega unfun jannie work.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-