Jackrip Self Represents Without an AI Lawyer

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Jackrip Self Represents Without an AI Lawyer

Post by AwkwardStereo » #663891

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=663890#p663890
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Re: Jackrip Self Represents Without an AI Lawyer

Post by Turbonerd » #664030

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:36 pm On one hand, I'd be willing to forgive him if he apologized. On the other, I really don't think setting the precedent that you can come back after doxxing someone is a good idea. Blacklists are permanent by nature, you aren't meant to be allowed back at all. You've done something so heinous or been such a blight on the community that we officially don't want you back. The only reason his actions didn't cause more damage is that I'm relatively careful about what I post online.
Agreed. I am disappointed that a game master, not even a forum admin, is able to see his appeal and make it public. Blacklists are supposed to represent people stuck inside a ban blackhole. They shouldn't be allowed to participate in the community ever again.

His posts should get automatically rejected, not just hidden. Appealing a blacklist also means they disagree with the blacklist, so obviously they know they're doing the wrong thing. The right thing would've been to never dox, and to never attempt to confirm a presence in the tg community ever again.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #664038

conrad wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:48 pm This is the shitty outside forum, which is niche and small. You underestimate how much information can be gathered by digging around someone's digg posts if they're active enough.
The headmins already said that it wasn't doxing. I quoteth:
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:We do not consider this a dox due to the nature of the account being shared, being that it was publically accessible and used in r/ss13. However, sharing it and saying "I guess I'll have to dox X to prove it to you" definetly violates Rule 7.
Given that the definition of dox says it's not a dox, and the headmins have subjectively determined it was not a dox, I believe it's safe to say that he was not doxing them. That being said, what he did do was still clearly against the rules, and clearly meant to harass, not to just joke around.

-
Misdoubtful wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:27 pm Whether this is all real or fake:

The self-pitying text wall in 'your side of the story' does absolutely nothing to remedy or mitigate where things are at, its just going to serve as a trap that'll 'tug at your heart strings' and make them look like a victim of the system for having addictive tendencies.

They'd be better off putting that much effort into the 'why to unban them' and 'references of good conduct' sections.

Dude needs to get a grip and act appropriately. If they are attempting to show that they are mending bridges, they need to layout exactly what they have done to do so in the SS13 community if he honestly wants this to even be considered.
I would argue that had they gone down this route it would come off as pulling rank. "Hey guys, I'm an admin, I've dealt with shitters too, come on" kind of argument. Even if they wouldn't intend for it to come off like that, that's how it would. There's also less of a chance of it even being considered, as it took Timberpoes believing it to be genuine to be allowed. If Timberpoes decided he didn't seem apologetic enough, and just didn't respond, who would have been the one to step forth and put their reputation on the line to give him a second chance?

Especially because half the arguments in this peanut thread for why he should stay blacklisted still apply to the arguments you suggest he should make. Just take LolSwat's argument here for example:
TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:14 pm Even if he completely changed as a person and can see why what he did was wrong, nobody is entitled to forgiveness (within reason) and nobody is entitled to play on the /tg/ chunk of space station 13, especially after doing what he did.
-
Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:36 pm Blacklists are permanent by nature,
Are they? I agree they probably should be, but... haven't they been appealed in the past? Heck, "temporary blacklisting" is mentioned by MSO in his decision on doxing, though it's unrelated to the actual topic, and more related to the circumstances in that specific case.

MSO Blacklists Doxing post:
► Show Spoiler
All of this being said while I believe in second chances, and I believe his appeal is genuine, I'm not sure if I can agree that he should be unblacklisted. If someone told me that they would make it their mission to ruin my reputation in the ss13 community and then post something private from our DMs or something (Which something unrelated and similar has happened to me here actually) I wouldn't want to see them come back to the community, no matter how genuine they seem. I don't know, maybe the victim's thoughts should be taken into account in this case?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #664099

Tearling wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:25 am
conrad wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:48 pm This is the shitty outside forum, which is niche and small. You underestimate how much information can be gathered by digging around someone's digg posts if they're active enough.
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:We do not consider this a dox due to the nature of the account being shared, being that it was publically accessible and used in r/ss13. However, sharing it and saying "I guess I'll have to dox X to prove it to you" definetly violates Rule 7.
Given that the definition of dox says it's not a dox, and the headmins have subjectively determined it was not a dox, I believe it's safe to say that he was not doxing them. That being said, what he did do was still clearly against the rules, and clearly meant to harass, not to just joke around.

-

The self-pitying text wall in 'your side of the story' does absolutely nothing to remedy or mitigate where things are at, its just going to serve as a trap that'll 'tug at your heart strings' and make them look like a victim of the system for having addictive tendencies.

They'd be better off putting that much effort into the 'why to unban them' and 'references of good conduct' sections.

Dude needs to get a grip and act appropriately. If they are attempting to show that they are mending bridges, they need to layout exactly what they have done to do so in the SS13 community if he honestly wants this to even be considered.
I would argue that had they gone down this route it would come off as pulling rank. "Hey guys, I'm an admin, I've dealt with shitters too, come on" kind of argument. Even if they wouldn't intend for it to come off like that, that's how it would. There's also less of a chance of it even being considered, as it took Timberpoes believing it to be genuine to be allowed. If Timberpoes decided he didn't seem apologetic enough, and just didn't respond, who would have been the one to step forth and put their reputation on the line to give him a second chance?

Especially because half the arguments in this peanut thread for why he should stay blacklisted still apply to the arguments you suggest he should make. Just take LolSwat's argument here for example:
TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:14 pm Even if he completely changed as a person and can see why what he did was wrong, nobody is entitled to forgiveness (within reason) and nobody is entitled to play on the /tg/ chunk of space station 13, especially after doing what he did.
-
Are they? I agree they probably should be, but... haven't they been appealed in the past? Heck, "temporary blacklisting" is mentioned by MSO in his decision on doxing, though it's unrelated to the actual topic, and more related to the circumstances in that specific case.

► Show Spoiler
All of this being said while I believe in second chances, and I believe his appeal is genuine, I'm not sure if I can agree that he should be unblacklisted. If someone told me that they would make it their mission to ruin my reputation in the ss13 community and then post something private from our DMs or something (Which something unrelated and similar has happened to me here actually) I wouldn't want to see them come back to the community, no matter how genuine they seem. I don't know, maybe the victim's thoughts should be taken into account in this case?
lol i just realized goof being blacklisted explained his stint as host of hippiestation

it was exactly as much of a disaster as any of you would expect
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #664128

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:36 pm On one hand, I'd be willing to forgive him if he apologized. On the other, I really don't think setting the precedent that you can come back after doxxing someone is a good idea. Blacklists are permanent by nature, you aren't meant to be allowed back at all. You've done something so heinous or been such a blight on the community that we officially don't want you back. The only reason his actions didn't cause more damage is that I'm relatively careful about what I post online.
It's not forgiving someone after doxxing someone, it's forgiving someone after threatening to doxx someone. One has consequences, the other doesn't.
Turbonerd wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:46 pm
Agreed. I am disappointed that a game master, not even a forum admin, is able to see his appeal and make it public. Blacklists are supposed to represent people stuck inside a ban blackhole. They shouldn't be allowed to participate in the community ever again.
"Nooooo the guy I don't like is having his appeal reviewed instead of being shit on!111!1!11"
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664129

i was talking to a friend who had extremely poor experiences regarding jack. i told them they should reach out to him, as i think they could come to some sort of closure regarding it. i dont think they ended up messaging jack. and that’s fine. i don’t think you necessarily have to just forgive people and have to dance around in sunshine and rainbows. but i think it’s merely unhealthy to hold old judgements about people. they agreed that much, at the very least. just not good to go around being bitter about people when they seem like they’ve changed. bad for the soul

worst case scenario you talk to them and the only thing you get out of it is that you rationalize your bitterness.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #664149

ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:27 am
It's not forgiving someone after doxxing someone, it's forgiving someone after threatening to doxx someone. One has consequences, the other doesn't.
Considering that there was personally identifying information on my profile (that I've since deleted), he did actually doxx me.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #664151

Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm Considering that there was personally identifying information on my profile (that I've since deleted), he did actually doxx me.
Waiting with bated breath for someone to now say it was your fault.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #664173

Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm
Considering that there was personally identifying information on my profile (that I've since deleted), he did actually doxx me.
He shared a profile owned by you, where you, of your own free will, published personal information. Unless I misunderstood something about the situation, you doxxed yourself.
If someone were to link someone else's YouTube channel, where the channel owner freely posts SS13 videos as well as personal information, would he have doxxed said person?
conrad wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:43 pm
Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm Considering that there was personally identifying information on my profile (that I've since deleted), he did actually doxx me.
If you know the truth, why do you wait for someone else to say it instead of saying it yourself?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #664174

I think weather or not jackrip did actually dox according to the definition (publishing private PII about someone) is immaterial when jackrip clearly THOUGHT he was or was baiting/trolling/whatever enough to be indistinguishable from actual malicious intent which is basically the same thing in my eyes.

We all play a 15 year old shitty game about clowns in space, I have zero sympathy for losers who try and bring peoples personal lives or think they’re bringing in peoples personal lives because they’re so assmad and buttblasted they lost an internet argument. I’m generally a believer in second chances but I find it really hard to have any empathy for jackrip, especially considering I don’t even think he’s privately or publicly apologized to vekter for being a fucking moron.
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #664175

Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:56 pm I don’t even think he’s privately or publicly apologized to vekter for being a fucking moron.
He did, in the thread of which this is a nut.
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #664177

Doesn’t even address vekter by name, so I don’t really care, sorry.
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
DRINK THE PISS QB
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #664178

Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:03 pm Doesn’t even address vekter by name, so I don’t really care, sorry.
In this specific instance, I don't think he needs to.
Shouting down the halls, "HEY, BY THE WAY, IF YOU SEARCH <DOXXED PERSON'S USERNAME> ON digg, THEY USE THE SAME ACCOUNT" gets close to the initial 'doxxing', which isn't very helpful if you're trying to get unbanned.
We all know who he targeted. If you don't, you can probably go to the peanut thread to find out. That doesn't mean he has to do it again to get a proper apology across.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #664179

He is at MSO’s mercy.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #664180

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:19 pm
Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:03 pm Doesn’t even address vekter by name, so I don’t really care, sorry.
In this specific instance, I don't think he needs to.
Shouting down the halls, "HEY, BY THE WAY, IF YOU SEARCH <DOXXED PERSON'S USERNAME> ON digg, THEY USE THE SAME ACCOUNT" gets close to the initial 'doxxing', which isn't very helpful if you're trying to get unbanned.
We all know who he targeted. If you don't, you can probably go to the peanut thread to find out. That doesn't mean he has to do it again to get a proper apology across.
Yeah good point, fair enough. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. If jackrip apologized in his earlier ban appeals instead of basically memeing by getting an AI to write one of them, or apologized privately (though to be fair this may have happened and we wouldn’t know) I would probably feel differently
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #664182

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:43 am

-

-

► Show Spoiler
lol i just realized goof being blacklisted explained his stint as host of hippiestation

a server that was already a forest fire and goofball was pouring gasoline everywhere.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #664183

Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:28 pm Yeah good point, fair enough. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. If jackrip apologized in his earlier ban appeals instead of basically memeing by getting an AI to write one of them, or apologized privately (though to be fair this may have happened and we wouldn’t know) I would probably feel differently
I absolutely agree that memeing the previous appeal is not a good look.
According to Vekter, he hasn't reached out privately to try and apologize. While that isn't in itself evidence, it's something.
Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:36 pm On one hand, I'd be willing to forgive him if he apologized.
Emphasis mine.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #664186

Wait, Goof was a host of Hippie? hahahahahaha, why did I never know this.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #664200

ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:51 pm
Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm
He shared a profile owned by you, where you, of your own free will, published personal information. Unless I misunderstood something about the situation, you doxxed yourself.
If someone were to link someone else's YouTube channel, where the channel owner freely posts SS13 videos as well as personal information, would he have doxxed said person?
Yes. It's actively using or sharing the information that's doxxing, not just finding it.
If you know the truth, why do you wait for someone else to say it instead of saying it yourself?
Local user doesn't understand sarcasm.
datorangebottle wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:40 pm
Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:28 pm Yeah good point, fair enough. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. If jackrip apologized in his earlier ban appeals instead of basically memeing by getting an AI to write one of them, or apologized privately (though to be fair this may have happened and we wouldn’t know) I would probably feel differently
I absolutely agree that memeing the previous appeal is not a good look.
According to Vekter, he hasn't reached out privately to try and apologize. While that isn't in itself evidence, it's something.
Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:36 pm On one hand, I'd be willing to forgive him if he apologized.
Emphasis mine.
I don't even care if he does it privately. I just noticed in the post that he apologized to the community at large and the person he attacked for reporting what he did, but not the person who could've actually been impacted by his actions.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #664201

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:32 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:43 am

-

-

► Show Spoiler

a server that was already a forest fire and goofball was pouring gasoline everywhere.
i still remember when that fucking idiot gave me a day ban because as an AI i failed to stop a fucking mob of players from murdering someone
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #664202

CPTANT wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:15 pm Wait, Goof was a host of Hippie? hahahahahaha, why did I never know this.
yeah i think it lasted like 2 months
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #664208

I think it could have worked, the players just didn't try hard enough.

With sincere regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #664212

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:32 pm a server that was already a forest fire and goofball was pouring gasoline everywhere.
All this is telling me is to vote for goofball and make him a headmin.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #664224

Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:56 pm I think weather or not jackrip did actually dox according to the definition (publishing private PII about someone) is immaterial when jackrip clearly THOUGHT he was or was baiting/trolling/whatever enough to be indistinguishable from actual malicious intent which is basically the same thing in my eyes.

We all play a 15 year old shitty game about clowns in space, I have zero sympathy for losers who try and bring peoples personal lives or think they’re bringing in peoples personal lives because they’re so assmad and buttblasted they lost an internet argument. I’m generally a believer in second chances but I find it really hard to have any empathy for jackrip, especially considering I don’t even think he’s privately or publicly apologized to vekter for being a fucking moron.
The discussion about what actually counts as doxxing is interesting, but yeah I agree- Jackrip should be banned by rule 1 irregardless of that
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #664229

everyone else wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 pm everything before
Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 pm i still remember when that fucking idiot gave me a day ban because as an AI i failed to stop a fucking mob of players from murdering someone

All hippie players were in prison during the goofball presidency (many deserved, many not)
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #664230

goof was doing the duty of a /TG/ patriot by sabotaging other servers from within foreign administrations. In this way the paranoia of the paranoia riddled metal deathtrap masquerading as a spacestation ascends into the reality of TG administration. Soon we will all have bountiful employment on SS13 IRL. Well except for me I'm going to live a full life and retire then die of golf overdose.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #664236

Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 pm
Local user doesn't understand sarcasm.
I knew he was being sarcastic. To make the sarcastic remark, however, he had to come up with the correct understanding, which he then proceeded to mock. If he knows the truth, why does he mock it instead of stating it?
Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:33 pm
ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:51 pm He shared a profile owned by you, where you, of your own free will, published personal information. Unless I misunderstood something about the situation, you doxxed yourself.
Yes. It's actively using or sharing the information that's doxxing, not just finding it.
I'll tell you the same thing I told conrad:
ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:06 pm By that definition, just saying someone's Discord handle on BYOND, and vice-versa, is doxxing. You're reducing the term to mean things so petty and insignificant that it destroys the credibility of actual mentions of doxxing.
And I'll quote toemas while we're at it:
toemas wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:34 am Please stop fucking overusing words until they are nearly meaningless you are destroying the english language i am going to weep
The investigation at the time itself even concluded there was no actual doxxing.
"We do not consider this a dox due to the nature of the account being shared, being that it was publically accessible and used in r/ss13"
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #664243

does a leopard really change its spots or do the spots just change color or something prophetic like that. as a former toxic player (still toxic) sometimes the tendency to shit on others is too much to bear and i have to fuck with someone for fun for my own amusement. I suppose sometimes you have to have self-reflection on your actions to not continue on them but your nature is your nature. I don't think the appeal is genuine but thats just my opinion.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664245

Please nobody find my other social media accounts. I've gone through a lot of efforts to conceal them.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #664249

ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:34 am (Words)
So are you upset over people calling it doxxing because you don't think it is, or are you upset that Jackrip got banned for doing something stupid?
Spoiler:

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #664258

Vekter wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:30 pm (Words)
(no shit he wrote words, what else would he have written, sounds?)
I'm upset over people making wrong statements.
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #664569

its ogre
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664570

Should have paid an AI lawyer.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664573

sad
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #664576

The good ending, though he should've never been able to create the thread in the first place.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664577

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:43 pm The good ending, though he should've never been able to create the thread in the first place.
why so full of spite and spice and everything nice
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #664581

remember you can order starsector here

https://fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #664583

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:45 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:43 pm The good ending, though he should've never been able to create the thread in the first place.
why so full of spite and spice and everything nice
Turbonerd moment
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #664596

Do you think Jackrip is gonna:
1. Evade
2. Quit playing
or
3. Wait another year, get a good-boy voucher from another server, right a very apologetic essay to MSO and everyone involved, and appeal for sympathy, hoping that time heals all wounds

I suspect 1 but 2 may also be in the cards
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #664626

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:48 pm Do you think Jackrip is gonna:
1. Evade
2. Quit playing
or
3. Wait another year, get a good-boy voucher from another server, right a very apologetic essay to MSO and everyone involved, and appeal for sympathy, hoping that time heals all wounds

I suspect 1 but 2 may also be in the cards
1. He's addicted so 2 is off the table, and the events here have shown that 3 has no chance of happening.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #664627

hes not gonna ban evade

paris on the other hand..