Would you be mad if I took $50?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Would you be mad if I took $50?

Post by BONERMASTER » #664246

Serious question, don't look at your wallet.

With humble regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Re: Would you be mad if I took $50?

Post by Tearling » #664247

But boner! I thought you worked Pro bono!
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #664256

Sorry I don't carry cash.

Do people actually even carry cash anymore? 95% of the time I pay for things with my phone or watch. The rest of the time is with a card.
Last edited by Misdoubtful on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #664257

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:14 pm Serious question, don't look at your wallet.

With humble regards
-BONERMASTER
Remember that bit about how you wouldn't work for the devil?
If you took money from me you're contractually obligated (as you have received payment in exchange for your service) to defend me in court
now I better see that 50 back in my wallet when I open it
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #664269

Tearling wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:16 pm But boner! I thought you worked Pro bono!
No, no. He works Pro Boner.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #664271

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:20 pm Sorry I don't carry cash.

Do people actually even carry cash anymore? 95% of the time I pay for things with my phone or watch. The rest of the time is with a card.
I kinda wonder when people start doing the hand scan thing to pay for goods if muggers will just chop peoples hands off.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #664281

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:20 pm Sorry I don't carry cash.

I think it's always good to carry some cash on you. Personally I carry 100 in my wallet
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #664289

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:21 pm
BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:14 pm Serious question, don't look at your wallet.

With humble regards
-BONERMASTER
Remember that bit about how you wouldn't work for the devil?
If you took money from me you're contractually obligated (as you have received payment in exchange for your service) to defend me in court
now I better see that 50 back in my wallet when I open it
Very good.... except for one thing:

Engaging in a hypothetical criminal act against you, like for example thievery, and then representing you in a lawsuit, is effectively what is called conflict of interest.

Taking a small excerpt from the Blogpost "Can You Sue Your Own Current Clients? Umm…No.":

"In Abedia v. Sheikhpour, the California Court of Appeal addressed, and resolved, an issue that may seem self-evident: an attorney cannot sue his or her own current clients, and a client cannot waive actual conflicts in that circumstance."

Ignoring conflict of interests is considered malpractice and ILLEGAL.

Now I know what you're thinking: "Oh, you just borrowed the money, there never was a conflict of interest to begin with 😎"....
► Show Spoiler

To summarize, it is impossible for you to triangulate 3D Chess trick my hypothetical lawyer persona into representing you to any capacity, because it would be in complete and utter violation of the state bar regulations.
But I appreciate you trying. 👍

With modest regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664309

Its 2023, I'm just going to kill you.