Manuel is not a hugbox Nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Manuel is not a hugbox Nut

Post by rasonj » #664419

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33318
>Be bad cook mime
>Shove people that complain about your bad cooking
>Saber them when they shove back
>Succumb and ahelp when they retaliate with equal force

If I read that right, the wrong man ate that ban
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Manuel is not a hugbox Nut

Post by Timberpoes » #664421

It was cleared up on appeal in the end, and within 3 hours from appeal to conclusion.

Figuring this shit out is exactly what appeals are for. It's easy to misread or misunderstand things between talking to multiple players and trying to log dive in-shift.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #664422

I actually think it was handled really well, I just didn't see any peanuts to practice my log reading on and tried to make one.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664423

Very wholesome!
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #664424

Can I submit an admin complaint for handling it too quickly and denying me my rightful drama thread?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664425

You can certainly try. I'd likely have you put on post restriction for the appeals and complaints subforums if you did it though. They're not for shitposting, unfortunately.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #664426

I like how vekter "presumes" that the mime used lethals "to try and get you to back of", instead of presuming that the usage of lethals is intended for... you know... lethality.

Engineer seems like he was absolutely in the right here, but this is coming from an LRP point of view - could be different on Manuel, wouldn't know. Vekter's reasoning, however, was clearly messed up. Good thing he sorted it out in the end.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #664427

they shouldve just kept it to a fistfight and the loser goes to medbay
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #664428

I'm gonna go on a limb here and suggest that the Mime going for lethals first, losing, succumbing and ahelping could be banbaiting.

I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't rule that out. I'm pretty sure if the situation was reversed, the CE would be banned.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #664430

Is it once again that time of the month?

Guess so: https://youtu.be/m5Ye_dAge-4
Hugs
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664432

nothing that makes me angrier than Shitcookers Shitting up the kitchen
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664434

In the future, let Security handle matters like this.
(trying to work out why the mime was doing this, getting Sec or the HoP involved, trying to get him to cook more palatable food)
why is this considered good roleplay? i dont see any reason for sec or the hop to get involved.

3. i think the mime should've been laughed at for ban baiting. if you're intentionally cooking shitty food then you're creating conflict. and that's good and fun but don't be surprised when you experience CONSEQUENCES
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
conrad

Post by conrad » #664436

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:33 pm why is this considered good roleplay? i dont see any reason for sec or the hop to get involved.
Sec should handle griefing in Manuel. You shouldn't have to crit griefers.
HoP is the mime's boss.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664438

conrad wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:17 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:33 pm why is this considered good roleplay? i dont see any reason for sec or the hop to get involved.
Sec should handle griefing in Manuel. You shouldn't have to crit griefers.
HoP is the mime's boss.
light griefing such as making awful food is funny but you should always accept the consequences

if you have a problem with someone making awful food then you should make it a personal conflict. it's much more fun rather than vainly sending the cops after their ass (but that can be funny sometimes too)- same deal with calling in the HoP

i think maia might be a numbnuts for starting off with I Will Beat You- and i think the ban is quality for that- but i don't think people should shy away from interacting with conflict because of RolePlay or whatever
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #664439

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:33 pm 2.
(trying to work out why the mime was doing this, getting Sec or the HoP involved, trying to get him to cook more palatable food)
why is this considered good roleplay? i dont see any reason for sec or the hop to get involved.
Because normal, hinged people don't immediately leap to beating the shit out of someone for cooking bad food that they aren't obligated to eat in any way?
The HoP is the mime's direct superior. The mime disrespecting ID access and wasting food supplies is technically a security issue, doubly so if someone reports it. Talking to anyone to get the mime to stop is literally roleplaying.

Anyway, the mime was blatantly banbaiting and should have been banned. Opened up lethal force first, immediately succumbed when crit. Though, those logs do look rather suspicious and I can't help but wonder what would've happened if Maia was allowed to act on "take him to medbay" vs "take him to the gibber".

p.s. the chief engineer isn't in the right either, this is absolutely LRP behavior. i'm saying this as someone who doesn't play on MRP.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664441

datorangebottle wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:51 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:33 pm 2.
Because normal, hinged people don't immediately leap to beating the shit out of someone for cooking bad food that they aren't obligated to eat in any way?
The HoP is the mime's direct superior. The mime disrespecting ID access and wasting food supplies is technically a security issue, doubly so if someone reports it. Talking to anyone to get the mime to stop is literally roleplaying.
normal, hinged people are both boring and far and few between. roleplaying isn't always about using your words and expecting everyone to have a sane response to everything they encounter
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #664444

The mime in question
pfp by AspEv
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #664451

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:05 am normal, hinged people are both boring and far and few between. roleplaying isn't always about using your words and expecting everyone to have a sane response to everything they encounter
the rules wrote:Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 hour ban.
I rest my case.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #664454

Kassori wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:45 am
► Show Spoiler
The mime in question
I think I am an incredibly well adjusted rational human being. If I walk into the only place that serves food for the next 100 lightyears and it looks like that, I am killing and eating the chef.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #664455

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:16 am
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:05 am normal, hinged people are both boring and far and few between. roleplaying isn't always about using your words and expecting everyone to have a sane response to everything they encounter
the rules wrote:Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 hour ban.
I rest my case.
none of this tells me why tattle telling to sec and hop constitutes as good roleplay
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #664456

datorangebottle wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:51 pmolved.
Its not just bad food to be fair, its food that makes your limbs explode off without any indication or warning that it makes your limbs explode off.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #664465

I rest my case.
Beating up the chef does not mean killing the chef. He was at -4. He only died because he succumbed.
Even the admins agree this was valid escalation.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad

Post by conrad » #664466

I rest my case.
Thing is that this videogame doesn't allow for "wait wait wait ok you win" moments.

You click til horizontal. If you stop to type you just get horizontalled faster. Seriously, it's like using your legs to talk.

The mime succumbing is banbaiting in my opinion. And it worked. Admin in charge of ban shoulda have considered that instead of slapping the ban and note on the banned dude. The ban, the logs and the fact the ban was lifted really give the precedent that the CE would've been banned if he lost the fight and decided to succumbed. I've been banbaited before, and it only works if the admin doesn't want to properly examine the case.

I think the intention was to take the mime to medbay to get revived, since that's what you do on murders. We'll never know for sure.

EDIT: take a shot for each time I said ban or a similar word. You'll die
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #664469

There was always the precedent that succumb means no admin help, for some reason admins are just ignoring this precedent outright more and more.

Also what is it with admins trying to paint all IC conflict as bad? Do they really want a server where the only conflict is antag versus crew? IC conflict is the spice that a round needs, without it it becomes a boring hugbox.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #664474

CPTANT wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:56 am There was always the precedent that succumb means no admin help, for some reason admins are just ignoring this precedent outright more and more.

Also what is it with admins trying to paint all IC conflict as bad? Do they really want a server where the only conflict is antag versus crew? IC conflict is the spice that a round needs, without it it becomes a boring hugbox.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=690&p=14102
In 2014 nobody could agree.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=11758&p=310645
In 2017 it was still a shitshow.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=20418&p=455761&hil ... lp#p455761
In 2019 it was "poor form" and could be banbaiting under some circumstances.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=24408
Wait, no, still a shitshow.

I think the tl;dr is - The admin team continue to treat it on a case-by-case basis.

Succumbing when someone else breaks the rules against you doesn't erase their rule break, but it does deprive them of the opportunity to show they didn't intend to take you all the way to dead.

Administratively speaking, killing someone is different to critting someone and then treating them immediately after. Escalation policy even relies on this. I would argue escalation policy enforcement would be different in a scenario where you beat a player into crit then healed them, versus outright killing them then healing them.

The crit->heal strongly biases IC issue, where a valid conflict will avoid you getting noted and only critting them will usually avoid admin involvement entirely.

The kill->heal strongly biases admin issue, where a valid conflict will avoid you getting banned or noted and healing them after killing shows an element of good faith and may further reduce a potential note to an IC issue or verbal warning to be careful next time.

But where the fight was totally invalid in the first place due to the victim succumbing in crit, we generally start by treating the incident as if the attacker fully intended to heal their victim back up. The victim deprived them of the opportunity to prove good or bad faith in their actions.

[Edit] Succumbing at high health and going "he kill me" is totally approaching banbait though.

And I'm not going to say that this ban started with a ticket that went something like "Help they murderboned me" -> "Tell me what happened" -> "They keep killing me over and over" -> "They killed me three times and I dindo nuffin to them" (Totally random phrases I've totally plucked out of my asshole, no relation to any ticket real or fictional).

But I'm also not going to say this ban didn't start with that kind of omega banbaiting talk.

It is a mystery.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664476

I love retards who don't even play MRP telling us what MRP is to defend a fucking Serviceshitter who was griefing the crew. NORMAL PEOPLE DONT BEAT UP CHEFS FOR SERVING BAD FOOD says the retard ignoring that NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T TAKE A VOW OF SILENCE THAT GIVES THEN SUPERPOWERS AND WADE KNEE DEEP IN THE DEAD MACAQUE MASS GRAVE DEEP-FRYING THEIR MONKEYBALLS.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #664477

I still think it's proof of one of the worst issues with the community, and it's the Mime/Clown being treated as part of Culture;

While I don't think Clowns and Mimes should make their gimmick griefing, as opposed to something legitimately funny, it's true that they've got a license to do it. But too few people, including them themselves a lot of the time, are willing to accept the consequences for it.

A license to grief should not be immunity to IC consequences. If you decide you're going to fill the kitchen with enough gore and viscera that we've got a new disease every time Medical finally manages to cure the last one, and you're going to take over the kitchen and refuse to serve anything that people can actually eat, and someone decides to walk in and kill you for it, unprompted, that should be Perfectly Legal. If they choose to give you after, they should be Perfectly Legal.

But a lot of people would go "That's just what Clowns/Mimes do" and refuse to stop them. The Clown or Mime who has been going around griefing people, whether it's IC or OOC grief, will also often defend themselves from the repercussions.

So Sec/The HoP won't do anything about the Clown or Mime griefing people. On the rare case they do, the Crew will rush to their defense usually. And people trying to do something about it themselves eat a ban.

If your goal as a Clown or Mime is to be a shitter and you get lynched for it, that should be a badge of honour.

E: To give my actual opinion on the ban itself: Engineer did nothing wrong. I remember this round, and that example I gave is actually how the round went. Medical was straight up calling them 'Plague Clown' because of how many viruses they kept spreading with that mess. Nobody could eat anything. Though, I'll also give the Mime credit for one thing: That Arnold Pizza came from Cargo, and it was left there after it blew someone's arm off. But that's also information noone really could've been expected to know, and given the rest of the Mime's menu, it's not unreasonable to assume. But like- seriously. Mime drew lethals first, with the saber. This is clear banbaiting. There's no way for Engineer to know they intended to stop after one swing.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664486

Crag gets it. LRP nerds on my MRP server.

Also, are we returning to the meta of shitter mimes?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #664499

cedarbridge wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:16 pm Crag gets it. LRP nerds on my MRP server.

Also, are we returning to the meta of shitter mimes?
one mime being a shitter doesn't a meta make. mimes on manuel are usually pretty good. i personally love rolling mime and getting a clown that cooperates with me. once the clown ran for president and i was his campaign manager, answering questions from the crew during his speeches using only emojis and playing patriotic music on the minimoog as he made wild promises about defeating the syndicate once and for all and setting up a donation booth for campaign contributions.