Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Post by dragomagol » #665061

Bottom post of the previous page:

Who will run? Who will walk? Who will call a cab?

AwkwardStereo - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33356
CMDR_Gungnir - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33384
EmpressMaia - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33375
Kieth4 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33360
Iain0 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33417
Iamgoofball - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33364
Iwishforducks - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33373
Misdoubtful - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33363
NamelessFairy - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33388
RaveRadbury - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33367
Retification/Itseasytosee - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33404
Striders13 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33362
Thedragmeme - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33358
Timberpoes - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33361
Trexter555 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33400
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Re: Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Post by kieth4 » #665281

I'm really thankful for all the support on forums this year around- usually the forum dwellers hate me. Thanks guys <3
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #665284

Iwishforducks, Timberpoes and Kieth are all very strong choices for me. This election will be a tough one. I think they all see the issues we're going through right now and they all have the right mindset to provide the solution.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #665287

I agree with TheLoLSwat help
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #665317

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:07 am I agree with TheLoLSwat help
thank you, i put a lot of time into it.

Ill make a new updated stocks list later but right now

Gungir - not a bad platform but they just arent going to win, Kieth/Goofball spot but unironically 0% chance. If you are going to vote for an MRP candidate why not just go with drag?(most likely B- and just under the line)
NamelessFairy - past headmin so safe ish pick, if a little on the weak side when it comes to policy (most likely A-)
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #665318

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:14 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:07 am I agree with TheLoLSwat help
thank you, i put a lot of time into it.

Ill make a new updated stocks list later but right now

Gungir - not a bad platform but they just arent going to win, Kieth/Goofball spot but unironically 0% chance. If you are going to vote for an MRP candidate why not just go with drag?(most likely B- and just under the line)
NamelessFairy - past headmin so safe ish pick, if a little on the weak side when it comes to policy (most likely A-)
I...don't know what "Kieth/Goofball spot" means here.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #665322

NamelessFairy's thread just dropped. "Morgan Robinson on Terry" - I never knew my occasional sec pal was an admin.
I like the person but I think the platform is unimaginative. Bragging about creating the annoying "soft filter" popup is weird.
On the other hand, I like the prospect of a coder headmin, and I say this as a certified c*der (I have 1 successfully merged PR).
Also, even though it's not very imaginative, it would be good to have the reliability that NamelessFairy proposes.

With Gungnir also in the race, it's good to have some more good options to think about.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #665323

So many of these candidates have super weak policy! For shame.
Rave and timber are good choices but im also interested in strider due to their stance on silicon policy.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #665328

goofballs purgatory might have to go back under the line if we keep getting not bad candidates (yearly occurance)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #665339

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:35 am Timberpoes - (very?) crew aligned HOS is fun as a crewmember, and can work wonderfully if the HOS is talented (which timber is no doubt), but if timber being headmin will rock the boat of the admin team too much maybe they should just stay as the crew aligned warden that yells at HOS and sec for brigging too long. However, I will say that timber headmin stocks have been skyrocketing
“Rock the boat too much” Real talk, don’t parrot that goofy stuff. Every single admin should be used to and capable of accepting differing opinions, especially those from people with more authority. In Timbers case it’s cool cause he’s usually right, although you DO have to eat a soapbox monologue every now and then. In my experience dude was totally cool with me engaging with potential admin candidates how I thought best when the status quo non boat rockers usually never were. Change and accountability are GOOD, though really I think he represents more of the latter.

Edit: ok MAYBE a bit off the mark with this one cause arm and oranges have a point. BUT id say hes still a force for good
Last edited by wesoda25 on Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #665356

Right now my top three are

RaveRadbury
Timberpoes
Thedragmeme

part of it might be because I'm hella tired after anesthesia, but anyone that didn't have any sort of "I want to do 'x'/I will try and do 'y'" instantly fell to the "eh" category for me. Also I haven't really done a more in depth study of past headmins terms so I'm a bit biased towards re-electing people who have already had headmin experience. The answers they provide will probably do more to sway my vote than their candidacy post will. The biggest thing I'm looking for is headmins that will actually figure out these inprogress policy threads since several are stuck in limbo and it's super annoying as a MRP player since a lot of them will affect how MRP plays.

Also Goof has his own section on my list,

iamgoofball(iamgoofball):
iamgoofball
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #665420

Someone informed me that I spelled candidate wrong in my own candidate thread, for comedy reasons I refuse to fix it
maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

Post by maskenary » #665467

removing roleplay policy (and killing manuel
Make them headmin NOW!!
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #665513

You know, I just don't think its fair that people can tilt the scales in their favor by posting cute photos of suspiciously circular owls in their candidate thread.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #665516

It's survival of the fittest. One person's owls is another person's ability to answer candidate debate threads 24hrs before the rest of us. I am of course relying on the fact I'm a pissing ocelot, which is also not very fair on any of the other candidates that are not pissing ocelots.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #665523

Looking at the roster of runners this year I know for a fact there's going to be some real sourness in the triumvirate between the headmins
And we've overdosed on populist promises
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #665531

embrace anarchy. vote for goofball so he gets even more angry that we'll hire anyone with a pulse to be an admin

like goofball
Spoiler:

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #665535

the ducks run confuses me. they didn't make it 1 month as a trial and now they wanna be head admin for six months? seems unwise
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #665539

They were trial for like 5 months? Promoted to trial 23rd April last year, got extended for a month on the 24th July so 3 months. And then my term burned out on doing anything and they discontinued their trial early in bloody October so another two months there under a brand new headmin term.

I don't think anyone can blame them after being on trial for 5 months. My term totally dropped the ball in handling their trial period on an almost systemic level.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #665563

MrStonedOne wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:55 pm You know, I just don't think its fair that people can tilt the scales in their favor by posting cute photos of suspiciously circular owls in their candidate thread.
Every other candidate should post cute owl photos in their threads to get back at me.
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665568

Armhulen wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:52 am the ducks run confuses me. they didn't make it 1 month as a trial and now they wanna be head admin for six months? seems unwise
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:25 am They were trial for like 5 months? Promoted to trial 23rd April last year, got extended for a month on the 24th July so 3 months. And then my term burned out on doing anything and they discontinued their trial early in bloody October so another two months there under a brand new headmin term.

I don't think anyone can blame them after being on trial for 5 months. My term totally dropped the ball in handling their trial period on an almost systemic level.
yeah, timber extended my trial the first round because they wanted me to simmer down in the admin-bus channels, which added another month. then my trial was just set off because the headmintainer trio got burnt out at the end for a month. then my trial was passed off to the next headmins, and it was complete radio silence for 2 months. so i just decided to end my trial early because i hadn't played for a good few weeks due to a short burnout (mostly due to the trial being so long) and i didn't want to try to crank in hours just so i could ask the headmins to please look at my trial
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665570

regardless if i win or not i do plan on shooting in another admin application
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #665574

Jesus, 6 separate headmins fucked you over. melb, timber, moth, spook, rave AND san. Who knew that simmer down extension would lead to what it did
Thanks for explaining
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #665581

Could be worse, same thing happened to me and i became host.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #665592

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:07 am Could be worse, same thing happened to me and i became host.
Jesus
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #665598

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:56 am
Armhulen wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:52 am the ducks run confuses me. they didn't make it 1 month as a trial and now they wanna be head admin for six months? seems unwise
Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:25 am They were trial for like 5 months? Promoted to trial 23rd April last year, got extended for a month on the 24th July so 3 months. And then my term burned out on doing anything and they discontinued their trial early in bloody October so another two months there under a brand new headmin term.

yeah, timber extended my trial the first round because they wanted me to simmer down in the admin-bus channels, which added another month. then my trial was just set off because the headmintainer trio got burnt out at the end for a month. then my trial was passed off to the next headmins, and it was complete radio silence for 2 months. so i just decided to end my trial early because i hadn't played for a good few weeks due to a short burnout (mostly due to the trial being so long) and i didn't want to try to crank in hours just so i could ask the headmins to please look at my trial

Oh this is lame, I'm really sorry you went through this.

So @timber if you dropped the ball in this circumstance, how do you propose not doing so if you're headmin again?
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #665609

I really, really like easy2sees escalation + silicon policy! Can I ask, even if you do not get elected, would you still draft that into policy? I hope you would. (That idea by itself is getting you my #1 spot)
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #665612

To be added soon:

Rectification - Hard to judge, i like the humble and realistic scope of the silicon policy... although i dont know if its enough to justify a vote (above the line for sure, most likely middle A-)
trexter - bro just wants to sit in the chair i guess? this candidate will need GOOD answers and a strong campaign showing in order to even be in the running after that post (for right now, somewhere deep below the line of troll but has potential to hover close to A- maybe... Unrealistic chance unless we can be wowed in the next coming days)

Good to see two real individuals actually apply though
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665613

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:20 am
iwishforducks wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:56 am words

So @timber if you dropped the ball in this circumstance, how do you propose not doing so if you're headmin again?
first and foremost, it's hardly entirely timber's fault and more just of a happenstance of the headmin trio. everyone got really burnt out at the end of it: they put in a lot of good work. (though to be perfectly honest, i don't think timber's undying passion for typing paragraphs helped much in that regard. but i digress.)

timber was right in their trial extension. i had gotten heated a couple of times and was already in the process of simmering down, so the month was needed.

genuinely, if you want to be asking questions, you should probably be asking the current standing headmins. they gave me some lofty radio silence. and it seems like delays and radio silence are the motto of the current standing trio.

generally this is also why i'm just pushing for the whole admin together thing and giving our trialmins better connections. i think i probably would have been able to stick through all those months if i didn't feel like i was just being ignored lol
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #665614

vect0r wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:49 am I really, really like easy2sees escalation + silicon policy! Can I ask, even if you do not get elected, would you still draft that into policy? I hope you would. (That idea by itself is getting you my #1 spot)
I would be remiss not to.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #665617

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:07 am
WineAllWine wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:20 am
iwishforducks wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:56 am words

first and foremost, it's hardly entirely timber's fault and more just of a happenstance of the headmin trio. everyone got really burnt out at the end of it: they put in a lot of good work. (though to be perfectly honest, i don't think timber's undying passion for typing paragraphs helped much in that regard. but i digress.)

timber was right in their trial extension. i had gotten heated a couple of times and was already in the process of simmering down, so the month was needed.

genuinely, if you want to be asking questions, you should probably be asking the current standing headmins. they gave me some lofty radio silence. and it seems like delays and radio silence are the motto of the current standing trio.

generally this is also why i'm just pushing for the whole admin together thing and giving our trialmins better connections. i think i probably would have been able to stick through all those months if i didn't feel like i was just being ignored lol
Sorry, I've not been super clear on my stance. I think timber was right and I don't really blame them for what happened to you (shit though it was), but I'd still like an answer about how it could've been handled better.

I also think the radio silence of the current term is why I won't be voting any of them very highly
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665618

WineAllWine wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:12 am Sorry, I've not been super clear on my stance. I think timber was right and I don't really blame them for what happened to you (shit though it was), but I'd still like an answer about how it could've been handled better.

I also think the radio silence of the current term is why I won't be voting any of them very highly
all good. timber stuck out an arm for me in explaining the situation better than i ever could so i would have just hated for them to get flak for it. it’s a good question on its own and the response could be super insightful
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #665619

Im putting kieth4 at the top and putting all of the other people most likely to win at the bottom
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #665736

toemas wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:19 am Im putting kieth4 at the top and putting all of the other people most likely to win at the bottom
people who die to me in mordhau don't get votes sorry
also gay

Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #665744

PLAY THE TUTORIAL YOU PSYCHO
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #665805

toemas wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:19 am Im putting kieth4 at the top and putting all of the other people most likely to win at the bottom
this is how goofball wins.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #665807

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:08 am
vect0r wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:49 am I really, really like easy2sees escalation + silicon policy! Can I ask, even if you do not get elected, would you still draft that into policy? I hope you would. (That idea by itself is getting you my #1 spot)
I would be remiss not to.
The thing I like most about this is the AI is now a bit more unbound, still can't go "plasmaflood lul", but we getting one step closer, and I honestly feel like this would be great! The advanced escalation is good, but what I love the most is how AIs can act as MRP tots not, and not just "a crewmember". I think this is great for paranoia, and great to get AIs to not "see" themselves as crewmembers, or pro-crew.
Refang silicons 2023!

If anybody else becomes headmin, I think this is a great way to start getting AIs to become scarier unbound, and test the waters of changing AIs and rule 1.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #665818

Qbmax32 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:07 pm PLAY THE TUTORIAL YOU PSYCHO
mad?

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #665896

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:35 am Iamgoofball - PTSD from his time hosting hippie, please save us
issuing a correction here; i never hosted hippiestation, not sure where this myth came from

i was briefly an admin while AdmiralHippie was running the server but quit for reasons I don't remember, I think I banned a guy for atmos flooding as a non-antagand it didn't stick because their appeal was too funny
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #665897

bastardblaster wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:39 pm
also gay
vote goof 2023 and you'll be able to keep folks banned by beating them in mordhau via GOOF 2023 PLATFORM 2
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #665905

instructions unclear, voted timber
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #665955

Gosh fellas, I think stereo might be my number one
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #665966

goofball i know you're gonna check this thread, stop reviewing my pr repeatedly pointing out the same thing, i'm not making that change and i explained why
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #665967

also if you do your headmin duties like you request changes on code you'll burn this place down to the ground in less than a week
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #665969

iamgoofball wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:49 am
also gay
vote goof 2023 and you'll be able to keep folks banned by beating them in mordhau via GOOF 2023 PLATFORM 2
to any admins reading this if goof gets elected please elect me as your second for mordhau 1v1s i will destroy all contenders
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
DRINK THE PISS QB
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #665970

Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:08 pm
also gay
to any admins reading this if goof gets elected please elect me as your second for mordhau 1v1s i will destroy all contenders
To all admins I will destroy qbmax he's a little bitch pussy. In fact qb hop on dan's right now.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #665971

So many of these candidates lack any platform. Only a few may rise up to be a champion of the podium.

Behold, ranked from Most Wanted to Least Wanted, may be messy but it’s a start.

EXPECTATION Meter
The (-) symbols are used to measure the level of expectations I have for a Headmin candidate. (-) is neutral, not bad, not good, and is possibly going to stay right there as they are. (^) is high, meaning that they have a possibility to rise in placement. (v) is low, meaning that they have a possibility to lower their placement as they are. (-*) means that the expectation (whatever it is) is not accurate due to me being lazy or the candidate not participating in debates enough for me to make a clear expectation.

Timberpoes - That funny ocelot. I expect Timber to be a good choice when it comes to Headmin. They focus on the choice of the players, and are pretty smart when it comes to being a role model. However I await for them to see them in the debates, and I wish for them to be a good investment. However, I feel like they really do have good takes for MRP, and I would like to see more of their takes. I’m paranoid when I vote for someone everyone else is already voting. (-)

Retification/Itseasytosee - The fourm poster. While they aren’t a shiny token on top of a pile of gold, they do have some good ideas. While escalation and silicon policy has always been a slope dosed with soap, I have high hopes they can slip and slide across. I do hope they focus on MRP and improve it for the better. While just walking into the admin arena, they are humble and I await to see them in the debates. Get things reworked and done, and I will have their back. (^)

Thedragmeme - My boss. The promises they have are pretty cool, as well as their promise to improve MRP to a more cleaner experience. However Drag seems to be only focused on MRP. While I am excited to get some changes to Manuel, what about all of the other servers? It isn’t fair for LRP to get some shade, no? While they promise so much and I assume those promises are true, they seem to only have a vision of MRP rather than LRP as of now. Headmins are supposed to cover the community, not just MRP. If Drag wants to get a win, they will have to appeal to the LRP face of the community as well. If not, then who will handle the LRP appeals, and the policies? (v)

CMDR Gungnir - Another MRP candidate, though they promise to head to LRP for a bit. They don’t have any big platforms, but they make up for it for their understanding of policy. Having a headmin that understands the chaotic nature of SS13 is someone that I’m willing to give a chance as headmining. Keep giving good takes, and perhaps maybe get a platform, and I’ll give you high hopes. (^)

kieth4 - A player headmin. Good takes, and good ideas on paper, however I eye the whole “activity should be enforced” guideline. I feel if my freedom of “admin when you want” is threatened, mostly. Only if this policy is enforced to a minimum degree, should I let them get a high expectation. Other than that, interesting ideas. (-)

NamelessFairy - The way they want to cut down on policies threads is interesting, and I feel as if they are mainly focused on getting things done. Platforms are currently neat. I want to see your debates pls. Runner-up. (^)

Striders13 - Owl Headmin. I’m not sure where to put them so I’ll put them here for now. Nice platforms, but I want to sit and wait to see their takes before I raise them higher. I will seek them in the debates soon. Owl ≠ immediate win. However, runner-up. (^*)

RaveRadbury - I want to see more than them before I give them a chance at the high placement. Having a headmin twice in a row is only someone I would want to vote for if they had a great performance, however, from what I can see, that is not really true. (v)

AwkwardStereo - I like his cut. However they told me to vote for ocelot (-)

Iwishforducks - Removing Manuel is not a soulition. I like them as a person, and they have great takes, but removing Manuel outright is not a valid solution. The roleplay policy cannot magically disappear. I will reconsider if there is another way. (v)

Trexter555 - No platform? As of now, their thread lacks ideas. All there is activity, relatability (and they aren’t even sure what it means), and bones. I will consider being forgiving them if they have at least some good takes. (v)

EmpressMaia - They have a platform, yes, but it’s a small one. Their debate responses are short and are stripped. Running with takes is good, but running with short takes? I want better than this. (v)

Iamgoofball - Stay away from Manuel and you will be fine. (v)
Last edited by Epicgamer545 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #665972

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:09 pm
Qbmax32 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:08 pm
also gay
To all admins I will destroy qbmax he's a little bitch pussy. In fact qb hop on dan's right now.
im in class but i can later today sweetie, though you live in EU so one of us will have 8 trillion ping
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #665990

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:12 pm So many of these candidates lack any platform. Only a few may rise up to be a champion of the podium.

EXPECTATION Meter
The (-) symbols are used to measure the level of expectations I have for a Headmin candidate. (-) is neutral, not bad, not good, and is possibly going to stay right there as they are. (^) is high, meaning that they have a possibility to rise in placement. (v) is low, meaning that they have a possibility to lower their placement as they are. (-*) means that the expectation (whatever it is) is not accurate due to me being lazy or the candidate not participating in debates enough for me to make a clear expectation.

Timberpoes - That funny ocelot. I expect Timber to be a good choice when it comes to Headmin. They focus on the choice of the players, and are pretty smart when it comes to being a role model. However I await for them to see them in the debates, and I wish for them to be a good investment. However, I feel like they really do have good takes for MRP, and I would like to see more of their takes. I’m paranoid when I vote for someone everyone else is already voting. (-)

Retification/Itseasytosee - The fourm poster. While they aren’t a shiny token on top of a pile of gold, they do have some good ideas. While escalation and silicon policy has always been a slope dosed with soap, I have high hopes they can slip and slide across. I do hope they focus on MRP and improve it for the better. While just walking into the admin arena, they are humble and I await to see them in the debates. Get things reworked and done, and I will have their back. (^)

Thedragmeme - My boss. The promises they have are pretty cool, as well as their promise to improve MRP to a more cleaner experience. However Drag seems to be only focused on MRP. While I am excited to get some changes to Manuel, what about all of the other servers? It isn’t fair for LRP to get some shade, no? While they promise so much and I assume those promises are true, they seem to only have a vision of MRP rather than LRP as of now. Headmins are supposed to cover the community, not just MRP. If Drag wants to get a win, they will have to appeal to the LRP face of the community as well. If not, then who will handle the LRP appeals, and the policies? (v)

CMDR Gungnir - Another MRP candidate, though they promise to head to LRP for a bit. They don’t have any big platforms, but they make up for it for their understanding of policy. Having a headmin that understands the chaotic nature of SS13 is someone that I’m willing to give a chance as headmining. Keep giving good takes, and perhaps maybe get a platform, and I’ll give you high hopes. (^)

kieth4 - A player headmin. Good takes, and good ideas on paper, however I eye the whole “activity should be enforced” guideline. I feel if my freedom of “admin when you want” is threatened, mostly. Only if this policy is enforced to a minimum degree, should I let them get a high expectation. Other than that, interesting ideas. (-)

NamelessFairy - The way they want to cut down on policies threads is interesting, and I feel as if they are mainly focused on getting things done. Platforms are currently neat. I want to see your debates pls. Runner-up. (^)

Striders13 - Owl Headmin. I’m not sure where to put them so I’ll put them here for now. Nice platforms, but I want to sit and wait to see their takes before I raise them higher. I will seek them in the debates soon. Owl ≠ immediate win. However, runner-up. (^*)

RaveRadbury - I want to see more than them before I give them a chance at the high placement. Having a headmin twice in a row is only someone I would want to vote for if they had a great performance, however, from what I can see, that is not really true. (v)

Iwishforducks - Removing Manuel is not a soulition. I like them as a person, and they have great takes, but removing Manuel outright is not a valid solution. The roleplay policy cannot magically disappear. I will reconsider if there is another way. (v)

Trexter555 - No platform? As of now, their thread lacks ideas. All there is activity, relatability (and they aren’t even sure what it means), and bones. I will consider being forgiving them if they have at least some good takes. (v)

EmpressMaia - They have a platform, yes, but it’s a small one. Their debate responses are short and are stripped. Running with takes is good, but running with short takes? I want better than this. (v)

Where's my coffee, John!!
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #665992

Drag wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:26 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:12 pm So many of these candidates lack any platform. Only a few may rise up to be a champion of the podium.

EXPECTATION Meter

I’ll only give it to you if you allow me to make central command announcements again!!
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #665994

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:42 pm
Drag wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:26 pm

EXPECTATION Meter

I’ll only give it to you if you allow me to make central command announcements again!!
Fine but only on weekends
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665995

holy fucking shit guys stop making walls of quotes are you guys barbarians