Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Post by dragomagol » #665061

Bottom post of the previous page:

Who will run? Who will walk? Who will call a cab?

AwkwardStereo - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33356
CMDR_Gungnir - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33384
EmpressMaia - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33375
Kieth4 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33360
Iain0 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33417
Iamgoofball - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33364
Iwishforducks - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33373
Misdoubtful - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33363
NamelessFairy - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33388
RaveRadbury - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33367
Retification/Itseasytosee - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33404
Striders13 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33362
Thedragmeme - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33358
Timberpoes - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33361
Trexter555 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33400
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Post by oranges » #666955

your idea was dumb, making you a dumbass for having it.

That's not rude it's just a fact, now that you've given it up, you're no longer a dumbass
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666956

you're making me cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #666957

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:28 pmNo opinion yet - EmpressMaia/Trexter555/Rave_Radbury/AwkwardStereo - never/barely heard of them, will have to look into them before voting. If any of you four see this message, you're welcome to enlighten me.
I've been out of the game for about 4 months. If you want to make a decision on me, I've included some of the ban appeals and admin complaints that came my way while I was an active admin as well as every response I've given so far to some of the debate threads in my Candidate Thread. It is my recommendation you vote for Timber.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #666958

oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:10 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:54 pm not gonna lie it is a little heartbreaking seeing me so low on people’s cards :cry:
maybe that should encourage some self reflection on your dumbass ideas
oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:11 pmoh i see it did
lmao
AwkwardStereo wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:31 pm
ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:28 pmNo opinion yet - EmpressMaia/Trexter555/Rave_Radbury/AwkwardStereo - never/barely heard of them, will have to look into them before voting. If any of you four see this message, you're welcome to enlighten me.
I've been out of the game for about 4 months. If you want to make a decision on me, I've included some of the ban appeals and admin complaints that came my way while I was an active admin as well as every response I've given so far to some of the debate threads in my Candidate Thread. It is my recommendation you vote for Timber.
So... is your candidacy real? Do you want us to vote for you or do you want us to vote for Timber?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666959

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:30 pm you're making me cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
if that makes you upset I strongly recommend you do not run for headadmin because you will be exposed to far worse abuse for 6 months in an unrelenting fashion.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #666961

oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:23 pm That's not rude it's just a fact
Something can both be rude and a fact. These are not mutually exclusive.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #666964

i thought it was a good idea
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666965

oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:33 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:30 pm you're making me cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
if that makes you upset I strongly recommend you do not run for headadmin because you will be exposed to far worse abuse for 6 months in an unrelenting fashion.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666966

eat a box of shoes oranges i've dealt with middle school bullies scarier than you
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666968

bipolar posting

i'm not trying to scare you i'm trying to warn you
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #666969

#Kiethsweep impending
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666973

oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:05 pm bipolar posting

i'm not trying to scare you i'm trying to warn you
i am well aware of the shit headmins receive and the amount of hard work they have to put in. i was being facetious to you because you're being a little gremlin for no seemingly no apparent reason
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666974

is this some kind of american cultural thing where dumbass isn't a middle school playground insult?
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #666975

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:33 pmSo... is your candidacy real? Do you want us to vote for you or do you want us to vote for Timber?
Yeah it's real. I plan on top voting for Timber. I'll tell people who I'm voting for. But, if they've done their reading and come out of it saying, "I'm voting for Stereo" then I won't stop them.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #666977

i’m voting the admins with the easiest names to say and i’m not gonna read any of their threads
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #666981

viewtopic.php?p=666944#p666944

Holy crap. Goof broke with his tradition of one-sentence replies and gave me a (comparatively) long answer. Goof is about to gain ground!
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666982

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:46 pm viewtopic.php?p=666944#p666944

Holy crap. Goof broke with his tradition of one-sentence replies and gave me a (comparatively) long answer. Goof is about to gain ground!
jesus christ you are as dumb as a brick
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #666983

I hate to break it to you but they are just responding to things via AI generated answers.
Hugs
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #666984

I came back to remark on how his reply seemed... corporate, like someone trying to be fancy for the sake of being fancy, only to find that I'd already gotten replies before I could edit it. Guh.
Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 pm I hate to break it to you but they are just responding to things via AI generated answers.
That explains it. It's a great meme. How did he get an AI to write about tgstation, though?
oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 pm jesus christ you are as dumb as a brick
Not only is this factually incorrect, it was pretty dumb of you to take a first impression/reaction to goof's new meme and act like it's the measure of someone's cognition.
Further, you are in violation of forum global rule 7. I don't know who pissed in your cereal today but you really need to relax and stop lashing out against this community.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666986

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:50 pm Not only is this factually incorrect, it was pretty dumb of you to take a first impression/reaction to goof's new meme and act like it's the measure of someone's cognition.
Further, you are in violation of forum global rule 7. I don't know who pissed in your cereal today but you really need to relax and stop lashing out against this community.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBfqPtoynY
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #666987

Ew, don't push your weirdo weeb stuff on the rest of us.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666989

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:56 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBfqPtoynY
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666991

oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 pm

no need to be so rude
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #666992

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:02 pm
oranges wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:47 pm

no need to be so rude
I enjoy it
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #667032

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:56 pm
don't mind oranges's obsession with asmr, he heard i was the one who founded the r/asmr subreddit and so now he thinks its the key to my success.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #667041

I thought MSO was joking but I can't believe he isn't
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #667195

Goofball did not go last on my vote this year. I put the three people who didn't have platforms below him. I think I can get behind one of goof's choose your own platforms if he ends up becoming headmin which is more than I can say for a status quo or a nonexistent platform. Timberpoes wrote such a massive essay with so many citations I assumed he was right and put on top. I liked Rave's campaign platform as it was realistic and I think we'll need an SS14 server soon so may as well get the ball rolling on that. Everyone else is somewhere in the middle, although I can't say I was a massive fan of easy's escalation policy adjustments. Too convoluted imo. It will just end in arguments over "oh I did a minor action" and "nah that was a violence action". Also, if it's true that goof is using chatGPT to reply to debate posts then that's absolutely hilarious and he might go up a couple spots.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #667286

BeeSting12 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:49 am Also, if it's true that goof is using chatGPT to reply to debate posts then that's absolutely hilarious and he might go up a couple spots.
It is, indeed, true.
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #667667

good debate
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #667669

CitrusGender wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 pm good debate
good hosts
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #667700

CitrusGender wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 pm good debate
It was good fun, thanks to you and Chesh for hosting it.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #667701

Sorry I missed it
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #667703

stereo turned the kieth / timber race into a triple threat match by being funny the entire debate and letting the other candidates be boring so we like him even more I love stereo and i NEED to see him win...
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #667704

I wanna hear more about stereo.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #667955

You guys want to know who I voted for?

Well, guess what.
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #667979

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:42 pm You guys want to know who I voted for?

Well, guess what.
► Show Spoiler
this is an epic gamer moment
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #667987

I couldn’t have said it better myself dorsi
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667990

Well same, I forgot to vote because the Headmin Election kept being called the MARCH headmin election, which made me think the voting would be in...well March.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #668005

I didn't vote that seems unethical.
Hugs