Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Post by dragomagol » #665061

Who will run? Who will walk? Who will call a cab?

AwkwardStereo - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33356
CMDR_Gungnir - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33384
EmpressMaia - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33375
Kieth4 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33360
Iain0 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33417
Iamgoofball - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33364
Iwishforducks - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33373
Misdoubtful - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33363
NamelessFairy - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33388
RaveRadbury - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33367
Retification/Itseasytosee - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33404
Striders13 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33362
Thedragmeme - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33358
Timberpoes - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33361
Trexter555 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33400
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Headmin Election 17 Discussion Thread

Post by wesoda25 » #665062

Calling a cab since a forest spirit stole my keys >=|
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #665067

I made a post in Thedragmeme's thread but I can't see it anymore which makes me think it got deleted, but I haven't gotten a warning anywhere that I can see and I also have a forum notification that they quoted my post in a reply, and I can't see that either.

Argh.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #665068

Boris wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:07 am I made a post in Thedragmeme's thread but I can't see it anymore which makes me think it got deleted, but I haven't gotten a warning anywhere that I can see and I also have a forum notification that they quoted my post in a reply, and I can't see that either.
Ye, both got deleted, probably because there's not supposed to be posting on threads allowed yet. But the threads aren't locked so a couple people have posted in them by accident. They'll probably get un-deleted once the question period opens up for real (in like 2 days).
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #665069

dragomagol wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:10 am
Boris wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:07 am snip
Ye, both got deleted, probably because there's not supposed to be posting on threads allowed yet. But the threads aren't locked so a couple people have posted in them by accident. They'll probably get un-deleted once the question period opens up for real (in like 2 days).
Ah, actual questions are meant to start on the fifteenth, that explains it.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #665070

Timber has a very very strong chance of getting a reelection. Kieth's been inching up every year in votes. Calling it as Misdoubtful Timber Kieth triumvirate - remains to be seen if they'll simply neutralize Kieth 2-1.

Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #665071

I personally want to see a player who isnt an admin on the headmin team to see what they can do
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #665075

by a GOOF VOTER on the discord
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #665091

dragomagol wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:22 am Who will run? Who will walk? Who will call a cab?
Here's my list of who I want to get the player vote top to bottom

iamgoofball - (I want to be able to tell my kids that I played ss13 when goofball was headmin)
Kieth4 / Timberpoes - (can't decide between these two)
Misdoubtful - (hostvote, otherwise would be here)
AwkwardStereo - (I disagree with a lot of his old decisions, kinda funny he outright says vote timberpoes in his thread)
Thedragmeme - (Assumes bad faith a lot, but generally good. Also weird stuff with pieguy)
Striders13 - (Good silicon ideas, bad tider ideas.)
RaveRadbury - (Lol)
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #665093

im going to vote for my friend and not vote for goofball because he is a toxic individual
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #665094

I want to vote Strider I wish the first 50% of his take on silicon policy wasn't so bad
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #665095

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:33 pm im going to vote for my friend and not vote for goofball because he is a toxic individual
I am not running though.

With disappointing regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #665096

It's goof time.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #665098

Tearling wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:30 pm
dragomagol wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:22 am Who will run? Who will walk? Who will call a cab?
Here's my list of who I want to get the player vote top to bottom

iamgoofball - (I want to be able to tell my kids that I played ss13 when goofball was headmin)
Kieth4 / Timberpoes - (can't decide between these two)
Misdoubtful - (hostvote, otherwise would be here)
AwkwardStereo - (I disagree with a lot of his old decisions, kinda funny he outright says vote timberpoes in his thread)
Thedragmeme - (Assumes bad faith a lot, but generally good. Also weird stuff with pieguy)
Striders13 - (Good silicon ideas, bad tider ideas.)
RaveRadbury - (Lol)
Why be mean to RaveRadbury? You don't even bother to say why you put him last.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #665124

ekaterina wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:09 pm Why be mean to RaveRadbury? You don't even bother to say why you put him last.
Rave has several common admin traits I dislike. I am doing everyone a service by only typing "lol"
I have a long and detailed explanation for why I am putting Rave in last, and if you want to read that explanation, you can unspoil it. It will come off as harsh, but I'm posting this as an explanation, not a call for argument. I would really rather avoid drama, but I also want to explain my vote. So yeah, please don't smite me for this post.
Rave, I recommend you don't read this post. I'm going to borrow one of your phrases, my intent is not to be rude, but it might come off like that. I don't want you to think this is an insult to you as a person, as I believe you are a great player.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here:
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #665126

Along with Tearling's wonderful list I'll happily throw in my own issue with Rave and that is how they'll hide their true intentions. If you look back to first headmin campaign they used the fact that they would not support a word filter as a main part of their platform.
Rave shortly before implanting a list of banned words wrote:Just as we do not have a list of names that aren't allowed, likewise we will not have a list of banned words.
Now look at the their platform now, it even has a meme painting them as the brave fighter going into the ring to bring that word filter into existence. A filter that they campaigned on being against. Stop voting for Rave please they are not someone to be trusted.
Image Image
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #665127

I heavily dislike Goof’s third platform. Where are we going to get the donation money? Keep Manuel just Manuel, please. You can vote for them, I like having Trial by Combat, just don’t turn Manuel and Campbell into Skyrat while your at it.

Stereo is cool, but I’d rather be voting for someone who has a goal already. Perhaps this opinion can sway as the debates go on.

The rest I want to witness in the debates before I have a proper opinion of them.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #665131

The idea that drama is inevitable and that trying to prevent it/avoid it just creates more problems is pretty smart, I hadn't realized that til now. Thanks goof!
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #665132

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:39 pm The idea that drama is inevitable and that trying to prevent it/avoid it just creates more problems is pretty smart, I hadn't realized that til now. Thanks goof!
Huh?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #665133

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:39 pm The idea that drama is inevitable and that trying to prevent it/avoid it just creates more problems is pretty smart, I hadn't realized that til now. Thanks goof!
goof's thread is 100% populist slurry and i see a lot of people are falling for it already
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #665134

Tearling wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:43 pm
Huh?
The goofball quote you have in the drama section of your spoiler
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #665135

Armhulen wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm
goof's thread is 100% populist slurry and i see a lot of people are falling for it already
Nah, we all know what we're buying. I won't push that dead meme too much but I genuinely did find what he said interesting especially when I look back on some of the things I did as an admin.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #665140

I'm not too hot on the candidates up for offer this time :(

Rave / Drag / Timber / Stereo / Striders / Goofball / Kieth is probably going to be my ordering if nobody else pops in

Stream of consciousness posting @ 1 in the afternoon:
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #665142

In trying too hard to make the admin team appear spotless, flawless, and drama-free through encouraging everything to be handled internally, we exclude normal players from truly understanding the admin team and how it functions (or how it breaks down, and that doesn't have to always be private).

They don't ever see the reality of being an admin. The disagreements, debates and in-depth discussions into rules and policy. Can't call out another admin on a bullshit ban in public unless you couch your language, lest you breed internal discontent. Usually it's better not to comment at all, so you don't rock the boat or get into trouble. Or upset another admin. But then nothing of value gets said in public. It's all handled internally, and nobody knows what's going on, and those that buck the trend stand out like nails that need to be hammered back into line.

If you want a breeding ground for pointless community drama, that's your petri dish. If the players only see admins batting for eachother when they're right, and radio silence when they're not, what other outcomes would we honestly expect? You'll see this at play in some of the most drama-laden peanut threads.

Of course going the other extreme is bad too. But ultimately the community sometimes needs to see the admin team dancing for them. To remind everyone that ivory towers aside, we're all on the same team and we all just want to make SS13 as fun as possible.

If the community doesn't feel that way, then that is an admin team skill issue and the admin team needs to git gud.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #665144

its my understanding that gamemasters are generally immune to the inactivity rules, since their knowledge as former headmins could be/is useful, if inactivity rules become more strict gamemasters would still be exempt i believe
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #665145

GM inactivity flexability is just a convention.

You can deadmin a GM for any arbitrary level of inactivity as if they were any other admin, but it is usually done when the GM is genuinely inactive, does not respond to pings and seems to be totally detatched from all aspects of the community.

The primary reason we keep inactive GMs around is hidden from everyone in the #tgs-leads channel. It represents the combined experience of every former headmin as a giant melting pot of ideas and headmin team history.

And it'll sound like a cop-out, but you have to be a part of that group to truly understand how much undocumented knowledge lives rent free in the heads of every GM for what happened during their term(s), and how often that information proves useful across each term.

Deadminning a GM that is responsive to pings is a mistake because you're not only depriving your own term of their experience, but you're going to end up watching the next term after yours re-promote them back anyway.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #665146

Timberpoes wrote: In trying too hard to make the admin team appear spotless, flawless, and drama-free through encouraging everything to be handled internally, we exclude normal players from truly understanding the admin team and how it functions (or how it breaks down, and that doesn't have to always be private).

They don't ever see the reality of being an admin. The disagreements, debates and in-depth discussions into rules and policy. Can't call out another admin on a bullshit ban in public unless you couch your language, lest you breed internal discontent. Usually it's better not to comment at all, so you don't rock the boat or get into trouble. Or upset another admin. But then nothing of value gets said in public. It's all handled internally, and nobody knows what's going on, and those that buck the trend stand out like nails that need to be hammered back into line.

If you want a breeding ground for pointless community drama, that's your petri dish. If the players only see admins batting for eachother when they're right, and radio silence when they're not, what other outcomes would we honestly expect? You'll see this at play in some of the most drama-laden peanut threads.

Of course going the other extreme is bad too. But ultimately the community sometimes needs to see the admin team dancing for them. To remind everyone that INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS towers aside, we're all on the same team and we all just want to make SS13 as fun as possible.

If the community doesn't feel that way, then that is an admin team skill issue and the admin team needs to git gud.
thankfully Timberpoes came in just as I finished my stream of consciousness posting about him (this is what happens when you have two of Domitius's candidates in the same room) (we're all mentally linked)

This is what I mean by player-facing - Timber's got, for better or for worse, a lock on how to handle things in a way that people can understand what's going on. That's great for an admin to have, since our job is helping people understand things, whether that's be helping folks understand game mechanics, helping folks understand what they did wrong/how to avoid it, or helping folks understand what happened in cases where they didn't get a full picture.

The way I view a headmin, however, is someone who effectively administrates the admin team - and as such, they're supposed to be (from my pov) entirely admin-facing, aside from the few times they poke their heads out for ban appeal overrides or a blurb at the end of a policy thread. Comparing this to their internal duties of handling who can get candidated, handling promotions from candidate -> game admin, OK'ing a promotion to trainer/DJ/etc, managing over complaints, abuse, and so on, there's a pretty significantly larger workload that is admin-facing.

Internally I want the stability and lack of "boat rocking" that makes timber such a hit externally - I don't want a loose cannon.

Also I'm the hardline one when it comes to rule enforcement and he's the one who gives evaders second chances so we're opposites (it was designed this way by Domi) (Literally all problems can be blamed on Domitius)
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #665147

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:50 pm
Tearling wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:43 pm
Huh?
The goofball quote you have in the drama section of your spoiler
Ah, I see. For context of his quote:
He said this in 2020, back when he was unbanned after his discord ban for "repeated drama stirring" on the discord.
viewtopic.php?p=552728#p552728
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #665153

Yup. I'm actually very divisive internally within the admin team. I think I share the same overarching goals of making SS13 awesome, but with different approaches, viewpoints and outcomes.

Not that I don't do a ton of internal admin stuff as well, but I'm much more likely to take a player-centric view in internal discussions, and will often argue back against admin-centric views.

And to quote Mothblocks chatting about our term on the Manuelcord
Terrabyte — 24/12/2022 12:57
I hear Timber was Anti-admin social club

mothblocks — 24/12/2022 12:58
i cant speak for them
🤷‍♀️
timber is smart and competent and should know every problem i have with them and hopefully has that stashed somewhere in their path to self improvement
i wouldve blown my brains out if they werent doing a crazy unhealthy amount of work near the tail end
I would state I did a lot of compromises during our term to preserve Mothblocks' sanity and regularly dropped battles I really wanted to fight just to preserve what little energy they had for more pressing matters.

A loose cannon, but usually just filled with confetti. Sometimes cannonballs.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665154

timber has been pretty consistent with their oversight of the admin team, i hope they win in that regard

misdoubtful is hote vote so. they seem supportive in general. i hope they do some good with the other headmins. sometimes it truly is just about labor and getting hands on board.

kieth i'll vote for because i want to see what it would be like for a player to become headmin. i dont know if i agree with their policy on paper but i agree with their spirit.

striders is cool i like them but i dont agree with their silicon policy. either way they're a good vote if you're looking for someone that's very knowledgeable and dependable

akwardstereo had this big blob that i didn't read and when i opened their policy thread i couldn't decide if it was based or not. because of this i'm putting them right smack in the middle of my card.

dragmeme: really could not be more opposed to their policy. except i like that they want mentoring so i'm putting them above rave

rave has been consistently..... mundane. at first i liked them because they wanted to crack down on the slur usage on servers, but now that rule 11 is in place i hardly find any reason to vote for them ever. i agree with very little of their policy and the actions they take, and the things they spearhead these days is merely just streaming.

GOOFBALL 2023 LET'S GO!!!!!! (puts him at the bottom of my card)
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #665155

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:05 pm timber has been pretty consistent with their oversight of the admin team, i hope they win in that regard

misdoubtful is hote vote so. they seem supportive in general. i hope they do some good with the other headmins. sometimes it truly is just about labor and getting hands on board.

kieth i'll vote for because i want to see what it would be like for a player to become headmin. i dont know if i agree with their policy on paper but i agree with their spirit.

striders is cool i like them but i dont agree with their silicon policy. either way they're a good vote if you're looking for someone that's very knowledgeable and dependable

akwardstereo had this big blob that i didn't read and when i opened their policy thread i couldn't decide if it was based or not. because of this i'm putting them right smack in the middle of my card.

dragmeme: really could not be more opposed to their policy. except i like that they want mentoring so i'm putting them above rave

rave has been consistently..... mundane. at first i liked them because they wanted to crack down on the slur usage on servers, but now that rule 11 is in place i hardly find any reason to vote for them ever. i agree with very little of their policy and the actions they take, and the things they spearhead these days is merely just streaming.

GOOFBALL 2023 LET'S GO!!!!!! (puts him at the bottom of my card)
For a various assortment of reasons, swap keith with strider and that's my card.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #665163

I want Timber to host vote Goofball, it would be funny. Imagine what would happen.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #665164

iwishforducks' candidate thread just dropped and, holy fuck, there is not a good proposal among his main ones, not a single one.

> ruin the server for MRP players by ending MRP
> ruin the server for LRP players by turning it into MRP
> remove players' ability to appeal bans if the headmins just don't feel like reviewing it (no objective standard)

I finally have someone that will go BELOW KIETH when I vote.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #665170

holy shit I wanted more candidates but not like this
ducks I'm sorry to tell you this but that candidate thread blows

nuking manuel will not make the MRP players suddenly want to go play on terry or make the admins want to moderate there
I'm all for increasing standards that's cool sure but "manuel drew people i liked to it from bagil... if we get rid of manuel they'll come back" is really, really stupid for reasons that are hard to put into words

getting rid of manuel will just make the manuel admins leave
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #665172

ekaterina wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:38 pm iwishforducks' candidate thread just dropped and, holy fuck, there is not a good proposal among his main ones, not a single one.

> ruin the server for MRP players by ending MRP
> ruin the server for LRP players by turning it into MRP
> remove players' ability to appeal bans if the headmins just don't feel like reviewing it (no objective standard)

I finally have someone that will go BELOW KIETH when I vote.
Even goofball has ONE good platform this year, and he's STILL doing the "lol i am promising code changes but not really ha ha it's totally okay right oranges" shit. "Kill MRP, make adminning a nightmare, make ban appeals a nightmare." Also, I don't see how the co-op admin stuff is going to work if we already have a lack of admins at peak hours; at best nothing will change, at worst less adminning will happen because the two admins on the ticket can't agree or there aren't two admins on. It's kind of hard to reasonably ask admins to work together on tickets AND ALSO assert that there's a lack of active admins in the same breath.

So far, there's a lack of strong candidates within my criteria, so i'm going to predict a goofball win despite voting opposite. For the curious: my vote order is to always put goofball and non-admin candidates on the bottom. There are gonna be a few exceptions to that this year; one candidate in particular earned goofball's spot, and another has had some decent vouches from people I consider trustworthy sources.

My vote order so far is probably Timberpoes > Stereo > kieth > Striders > Drag > ducks > goofball > rave.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #665173

i'll reply to these when discussions threads are opened on the main threads. im not going to use this thread as a soapbox
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #665175

real ones remember 2016 goofball trump platform
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #665182

Qbmax32 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:11 pm real ones remember 2016 goofball trump platform
real ones remember when goof complained about someone making empty promises and shitposting and me saying "you do that every election" and getting like a nice post quote streak going on
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #665184

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 pm
Qbmax32 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:11 pm real ones remember 2016 goofball trump platform
real ones remember when goof complained about someone making empty promises and shitposting and me saying "you do that every election" and getting like a nice post quote streak going on
pepperidge farms remembers.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #665189

Already too many players that have absolutely no idea what they're talking about being a candidate.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #665195

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 pm
Must have been a hell of a feeling

Also “remove manuel” is and always will be a bad idea, but I think beyond that ducks has some genuinely interesting things in their thread that would make for great talking points.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #665203

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:28 pm shut up nigger
What did he mean by this?
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #665204

Instead of improving the policy how about we just remove it entirely? And let’s kick Manuel off of the face of the earth while we are at it, for good fun!
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #665208

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:53 pm Instead of improving the policy how about we just remove it entirely? And let’s kick Manuel off of the face of the earth while we are at it, for good fun!
I remember the days of pre-manuel. Kill&Clone... Sybil being the best roleplay server... yeah lets not do that. #NeverDeleteManuel
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #665232

ekaterina wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:09 pm Why be mean to RaveRadbury? You don't even bother to say why you put him last.
I missed this post the first time I scrolled through the thread, and even though it wasn't directed at me-
Any admin who thinks it's okay to double-warn and pseudo-blacklist someone before they have a chance to improve probably shouldn't be a headmin.
See the first quote in my signature for details, or if your memory's hazy.

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #665252

Doubtful- GG have fun being headmin lololol

Goof has always been my first vote(Except when sticky ran)(I voted goof b4 it was cool) their third point has no chance of happening so you can safely ignore it. The first two points are fine and I for one would like to larp as a public attorney for chucklefuck mcgee on his 5th offense sm suiciding at roundstart.
Stereo has a good platform for admin coverage, which is probably the biggest actual issue with the servers right now. I wouldn't know because i dont ahelp lol
Keith has a meh platform. Mentors will never happen. Will probably win player vote anyhow.
I agree with strider's silicon take which doesn't seem to be popular so they're higher on my list.
Ducks is going to get black bagged by the manuel discord before he can shut it down lol.
Timber is an all-around good pick, a bit overhyped but thats not his fault.
Drag is a mrp candidate so I don't really know how good their platform is, it seems good? They make entertaining appeals so I may bump them up.
I'm surprised rave is running. I saw less of him on the servers than either of his coheads, saw more of spook in policy threads(and spook ran policy bus, good job spook wish i had joined in there), and san was balancing headmin(jail) and maptainer(prison). Rave had some milquetoast policy threads on "cultivating community" (when the community thrives as a result of the project thriving and not the other way around) and that was about it? Streaming took way longer than it should have considering we already had experience of one server having streaming allowed on it. I've seen better second terms.

Close race this year, well for my ballot it is.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #665272

First thoughts
AwkwardStereo - doesnt even have a platform + i dont think they want to win
EmpressMaia - troll i think
Kieth4 - definitely wont win....... probably.... There is no shot that Keith wins but if you look closer at his humble thread, he has some good points which is respectable.
Iamgoofball - PTSD from his time hosting hippie, please save us
Iwishforducks -
Misdoubtful - already won but still won me over with their post, nice resume so its time to let them cook
RaveRadbury - if Rave really promised not to change the slur filter and then went back on it, it is definitely a point against them. Even if it was the right thing to do, he still went back on his campaign promise which makes the vote iffy
Thedragmeme - MRP, would probably be an alright headmin (which isnt even the worst thing when looking at the choices this term)
Timberpoes - (very?) crew aligned HOS is fun as a crewmember, and can work wonderfully if the HOS is talented (which timber is no doubt), but if timber being headmin will rock the boat of the admin team too much maybe they should just stay as the crew aligned warden that yells at HOS and sec for brigging too long. However, I will say that timber headmin stocks have been skyrocketing
Striders - Coherent fun humble appeal from a player that stares at maps a lot, already a great contender because they managed to not fumble over their own policies like quite a bit of the competition

Which candidates have rising stocks? (TLDR)

Misdoubtful >= TimberStriders > (A+ team) : clear frontrunners, and the three of them would at the very least be average headmins (MUCH better to be only decent than incompetent), Misdoubtful also already won so they would be placed here regardless.
small gap
Kieth4 > RaveRadbury > Drag(A- team) : Wouldnt be the worst, and very possible that they can win it, but their stocks are either actively dropping (just reading tearlings post dropped Rave from A to A- and i only skimmed) or there just isnt enough to justify a vote for a lot of people (MRP)
? gap
Goofballs purgatory ( i guess B++++?): Goofball can quite easily sit in the headmin chair and not do anything too dumb before handing the baton off. Chances are Goof will do something to make his time in the chair legendary. However, its still goofball who is probably cursed so he cant leave the "i mean he isnt bad but really?" cloud that hovers him every election
? gap (but everyone below have effectively no chance of winning unless something DRASTICALLY improves their stocks)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ this line separates the troll candidates from the real ones. On any given year goofball is either directly above this line or directly below
AwkwardStereo (C+): doesnt take himself seriously, fun to read and lends support to an actual candidate
large gap
EmpressMaia Iwishforducks (D-):

Will update this as stocks increase and decrease

edit 1 (2/14/2023 12:53) : Strider and Kieth4 changed places
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #665274

can't wait to vote for goof so he can give us the opportunity to vote a second time
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #665275

Timber absolutely has my #1 vote - it's not even close. Kieth is second.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #665281

I'm really thankful for all the support on forums this year around- usually the forum dwellers hate me. Thanks guys <3