Local man wants to abuse Judicial protections policynut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Local man wants to abuse Judicial protections policynut

Post by The Wrench » #665344

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=33387&sid=053271b6 ... bbb9aae797

I can’t say how stupid this idea is. Just wait out your ban idiot
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: Local man wants to abuse Judicial protections policynut

Post by iwishforducks » #665349

just post in the fucking policy discussion thread why the fuck do we need a peanut thread for this
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #665350

I don't get the point of this

If it's like a 3-day ban at best you can just wait it out or raise enough hell that the headmins are forced to take a look at it if it's really that bad. Even then you lose time served.

If it's a month/multi month ban then this changes essentially nothing except you also lose time served.

Wait this idea is even worse than that. What the fuck. I fully agree that headmins should be faster to take a look at a ban if it's needing to be resolved and make a quick ruling if it's a fairly obvious "admin/player is in the wrong, overruled/maintained" but this isn't the way to do it.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #665447

Players club vultures so starved for """EPIC DRAMA"""" that they're making peanuts for fucking policy discussion threads and TGMC bans
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #665450

Why the hell are you making a peanut for a policy discussion thread? Just voice your opinion on the thread itself.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #665451

So your contribution was of low quality enough quality to not post in the actual thread, but instead of thinking "maybe I shouldn't say anything" you decided to make a peanut thread?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665452

CPTANT wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:01 pm So your contribution was of low quality enough quality to not post in the actual thread, but instead of thinking "maybe I shouldn't say anything" you decided to make a peanut thread?
That's a good way to put it. His contribution can be summed up as "just let people abuse you even when you're right", and then calling you an idiot for even considering disagreeing with that notion.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #665454

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:13 pm
CPTANT wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:01 pm So your contribution was of low quality enough quality to not post in the actual thread, but instead of thinking "maybe I shouldn't say anything" you decided to make a peanut thread?
That's a good way to put it. His contribution can be summed up as "just let people abuse you even when you're right", and then calling you an idiot for even considering disagreeing with that notion.
Bro you’re so fucking corny.

I made this thread to laugh at people like you lmao

“Let people abuse you even if you’re right”

Motherfucker if you get put into time out by an admin for being a shit it was because you were being a shit. Go outside and touch some grass for Christs sake. If you absolutely must get your spaceman fix may I recommend Splurt or Hippiestation you dopamine junky.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665456

Adam Klein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:22 pm I made this thread to laugh at people like you lmao

Motherfucker if you get put into time out by an admin for being a shit it was because you were being a shit.
You can laugh at the people who are right all you want, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Your last paragraph might just be one of the dumbest I've ever read on this entire forum. Implicit in your argument is the premise that admins are perfect and never make mistakes. I don't need to tell anyone with a pair of eyes how wrong that is.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #665457

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:24 pm
Adam Klein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:22 pm I made this thread to laugh at people like you lmao

Motherfucker if you get put into time out by an admin for being a shit it was because you were being a shit.
You can laugh at the people who are right all you want, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Your last paragraph might just be one of the dumbest I've ever read on this entire forum. Implicit in your argument is the premise that admins are perfect and never make mistakes. I don't need to tell anyone with a pair of eyes how wrong that is.
Nono be nice to Adam, the player really did throw that pie!
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #665462

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:24 pm Babyrage
This is why I made a peanut thread, so I can bully you for being pants on head retarded without breaking the sanctity of FNR.
Admins are volunteers who genuinely care about the game, simple as that.

If an admin makes a mistake, appeal it. It’s simple as that. They don’t get their rocks off by banning people. The idea was bad and we already have an appeals system in place, all you’re gonna do is make the appeals system slower, and make bans more complicated.

Enjoy your break from the game, playing is a privilege not a right, and your want to be a shitter doesn’t necessitate what would amount to the total bog down of the appeals system.

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665463

Adam Klein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:35 pm Babyrage
> so I can bully you
Global forum rules still apply, seemingly unbeknownst to you.

> No admin powertrips, ever
How can you make claims like this and still have the nerve to call other people retarded?

> playing is a privilege not a right
Bullshit. Not having your access to a public server unfairly restricted is a reasonable expectation.

> [babyrage at the end]
Literally nothing would change about the appeals system, only the time at which the original ban is carried out (before or after an unsuccessful appeal).
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #665468

Completely disagree with making a peanut thread about this. Triangulating fellow forum posters over an opinion is total dogshit, don't do it, stop doing it. Everybody has the right to their opinion, and unlike ban appeals, you can actually post freely in policy, there is no justification for creating this thread other than dogpiling and abusing someone because you didn't like their idea, it just makes you look like a total POS.

With detoxed regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
toemas

Post by toemas » #665469

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:41 pm > playing is a privilege not a right
Bullshit.
Lmao
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #665472

BONERMASTER wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:53 pm Completely disagree with making a peanut thread about this. Triangulating fellow forum posters over an opinion is total dogshit, don't do it, stop doing it. Everybody has the right to their opinion, and unlike ban appeals, you can actually post freely in policy, there is no justification for creating this thread other than dogpiling and abusing someone because you didn't like their idea, it just makes you look like a total POS.

With detoxed regards
-BONERMASTER
Good take Mr. BONERMASTER.
Adam Klein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:35 pm This is why I made a peanut thread, so I can bully you for being pants on head retarded without breaking the sanctity of FNR.
If you want to insult someone but you're worried about breaking forum rules, maybe you shouldn't do it?
It keeps getting worse!?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #665473

BONERMASTER wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:53 pm Completely disagree with making a peanut thread about this. Triangulating fellow forum posters over an opinion is total dogshit, don't do it, stop doing it. Everybody has the right to their opinion, and unlike ban appeals, you can actually post freely in policy, there is no justification for creating this thread other than dogpiling and abusing someone because you didn't like their idea, it just makes you look like a total POS.

With detoxed regards
-BONERMASTER
Counterpoint, you won't get warned for being off-topic in the player's club.

HAS ANYONE HERE HEARD OF STARSECTOR?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #665474

Bullshit. Not having your access to a public server unfairly restricted is a reasonable expectation.
uh

you know tgstation 13 isnt like
a public service right

mso doesnt get federal funds to run the servers :(

it's a server hosted by one dude and coded for by volunteers
nobody has any "rights" to play here - and if you disagree, you're always free to try your own server
tg's managed to stay fairly stable (as in, not crashing and burning within 2-3 years) by occasionally dropping the hammer in ways that might be viewed as "1984" on people who're ultimately toxic to the serverbase
with a community like this, having the occasional bout of heavy-handed moderation is practically required if you don't want to crash and burn
which is why most major ss13 communities either have that or need to make big attempts to draw in more users (or they crash and burn within 2-3 years)

MSO trusts the headmins, who trust the administrative team to handle bans fairly and without bias, while administrating for the best of the server and community as a whole
if you can't accept that, this might not be the best server for you - but it's the way it is, and I think it's the way it has to be for a community of this scale here
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665475

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:07 pm
mso doesnt get federal funds to run the servers :(
Let's make federal funding a reality, start a petition. They made one to build the death star, surely we can make one to fund a little pastime that some spessmen enjoy.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #665476

gl!!
when mso starts getting checks from the us govt to run ss13 you can start arguing abt how ss13 is a right

it'll let him stop worrying about patreon funding at the very least
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
LoveMirror
Byond Username: LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #665478

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:41 pm
Tl;dr
local bald malder thinks ss13 is a constitutional right

can't handle the time don't do the crime.
or, you know, appeal and wordsmith your way out of issues like the average player.
that requires having charisma higher than a mouldy sack of compost though, which you lack.
Image Image
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #665482

The amount of people that think that if someone makes an appeal they MUST be quilty anyway in this thread is quite high.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #665483

I truly think you are quilty until proven quinocent.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665486

LoveMirror wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:13 pm
ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:41 pm
Tl;dr
local bald malder thinks ss13 is a constitutional right

can't handle the time don't do the crime.
or, you know, appeal and wordsmith your way out of issues like the average player.
that requires having charisma higher than a mouldy sack of compost though, which you lack.
Not all rights are constitutional rights, you actual troll. Go back to griefing FOB - or better, don't.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665487

[deleted for being a duplicate - forum moderators please remove kthx]
Last edited by ekaterina on Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #665488

CPTANT wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:20 pm The amount of people that think that if someone makes an appeal they MUST be quilty anyway in this thread is quite high.
Honestly, I don’t care if you’re guilty or innocent. That’s for FNR to decide.

If an admin wants to give you a break from the game for a week enjoy your time outside and live life, don’t bitch about it here, if you think the ban was improper appeal it, and then admin complain it.

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 pm Waaaaaah waaaaah I want to play now!!
You have no right to be here at all, none of us do. This Is the Host’s server and if he wants to 1984 the entire community he can.

Be grateful our supreme weed emperor even allows for people to appeal bans and recommend policy. This is possibly the most transparent Moderation team in ss13.

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #665495

Adam Klein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 pm [insert gross mischaracterisation of words here to mock the other guy]
There is no community without the players. If he bans everyone, he will be king of the ashes. There's a reason tgstation is the best SS13 server, and that reason is the set of principles by which MSO runs this server. Talking about how he could destroy the community is irrelevant when he has clearly chosen not to, and when we speak about policy we do it within this framework.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #665501

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:58 pm
Adam Klein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 pm [insert gross mischaracterisation of words here to mock the other guy]
There is no community without the players. If he bans everyone, he will be king of the ashes. There's a reason tgstation is the best SS13 server, and that reason is the set of principles by which MSO runs this server. Talking about how he could destroy the community is irrelevant when he has clearly chosen not to, and when we speak about policy we do it within this framework.
Okay, yes MSO and the admin team do a good job, I don’t see how this makes the original idea not dogshit.

toemas

Post by toemas » #665509

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:58 pm tgstation is the best SS13 server
lmao
LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #665517

ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 pm

Not all rights are constitutional rights, you actual troll. Go back to griefing FOB - or better, don't.
You do realize I got unbanned pretty much instantly, right?
Stop whining and pushing this policy idea. It's shit.
Image Image
LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #665518

toemas wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:45 pm
ekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:58 pm tgstation is the best SS13 server
lmao
Proof only the mentally ill lurk playerclub.
Image Image
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #665522

! Message from: Timberpoes
Since I assume everyone is getting particularly riled up today as they boredpost while eagerly awaiting their annual sexual activity of choice with their significant/significantly paid other:
Forum rule 7 does ask us not to act like hostile douchebags.

Or, in my own words, please don't be a cunt to other forum users. I'd hate to have to actively moderate this place again, we were making such good progress in 2023!

This is a pre-emptive warning, since I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Thank you for your attention, please resume the festivities.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #665524

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:14 am
Since I assume everyone is getting particularly riled up today as they boredpost while eagerly awaiting their annual sexual activity of choice with their significant/significantly paid other:
Bold of you to assume that anyone here is allowed within 200ft of the opposite (or the same) sex without a SWAT team immediately rope-dropping on top of them.
Image Image
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #665528

Guys I can't afford to post bail
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #665538

Armhulen wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:29 am Guys I can't afford to post bail
Email it instead. Post is outdated.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #665553

vect0r wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:29 pm I truly think you are quilty until proven quinocent.
I'm definitely quilty in winter. Shit's cold, yo.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #665565

im
gonna
PEE