Headmin Debates Peanut Megathread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Headmin Debates Peanut Megathread

Post by Pandarsenic » #666096

THE MAN won't let you post random bullshit in ban appeals you weren't involved in

THE MAN won't let you post random bullshit in candidate debates

Think a post was particularly good? Particularly bad? Wish you could combine half of one candidate's platform with another's and want us to know? Want to call someone a slur? (please don't actually do that one)

Post it here! Or in the more general headmin election thread if you feel like it, I'm not ur mom
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Headmin Debates Peanut Megathread

Post by Pandarsenic » #666098

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:38 pm Subpar roleplay quality.
This is way better of an answer than the appeals stuff IMO, but it also doesn't say what do about it
Turbonerd wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:57 pm Peanut debate.
Given the reputation peanut threads have among admin channels, I'd love to see someone brave enough to say peanut threads should go, given how unpopular of a take that would be
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:22 am I've had an Acting Captain demand that I, the Bartender, give him my shotgun, because "I like it, you can have this e-gun." He forcibly took it from me and gave me an e-gun instead. I used it to get my own property back (non-lethal!), and Security jumped in to defend him, even after I'd already told them before, and at that time, what was going on.
I was part of this round, as sec, and my god it was fucking stupid. Sec was so ready to just fuck people up on the HOP's orders without any real reason to, even when it was blatantly unfair treatment.
Like six tiding threads
Get the popcorn mates, this is gonna be good
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #666101

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:09 am Like six tiding threads
This is why I like Strider's policy for tiding. Treat tiders as valids, antags, people that NEED to die. Don't wanna die? Don't get caught tiding.

Solves every single tiding problem.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666106

conrad wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:24 am
This is why I like Strider's policy for tiding. Treat tiders as valids, antags, people that NEED to die. Don't wanna die? Don't get caught tiding.

this is already policy
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #666107

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:42 am

this is already policy
no, its not. ive been pinged by admins twice in the last few months, once for beheading lucy (she deserved it) and other for killing whom i THINK was ekat fucking around in the brig foyer

tiders are still very much protected by admins
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #666111

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:49 am
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:42 am

this is already policy
no, its not. ive been pinged by admins twice in the last few months, once for beheading lucy (she deserved it) and other for killing whom i THINK was ekat fucking around in the brig foyer

tiders are still very much protected by admins
actually you're correct that tiders are still very much protected by admins. i still think our policy covers it but maybe it would do some good to make it absolutely clear that tiding means you're the one pushing escalation in the first place
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #666115

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:57 am actually you're correct that tiders are still very much protected by admins. i still think our policy covers it but maybe it would do some good to make it absolutely clear that tiding means you're the one pushing escalation in the first place
Both our players and admins could use a clearer policy to better understand how to deal with it.
► Show Spoiler
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #666118

its nice to finally be able to see which candidates have substance and which candidates hid behind a fancy (or not too fancy!) campaign post.

Im a little burnt out from typing though so ill get back to it tomorrow
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #666121

Tiding the brig always results in lethals when I am warden, I have not been bwoinked yet.