Admin abused a player for ahelping and steals their heretic roll

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Admin abused a player for ahelping and steals their heretic roll

Post by EmpressMaia » #667100

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33471

Can't wait to see the actual ahelp messages

Also sorry for taking up like 2 or 3 peanut threads. Working on my titles
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Re: Admin abused a player for ahelping and steals their heretic roll

Post by bastardblaster » #667101

bozo down

rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #667107

The initial ahelp seems both annoying and in bad faith, imagine thinking anyone would tc trade heretic for wizard. If the initial rejection had included a "We are not doing any tc trades this round" I imagine it would have stopped any future ahelps, but I also don't feel like it was mandatory. I would mark the appeal for these ahelps as an IC issue. Learn to talk nicer to admins to get nicer answers. Use more words to keep players from spamming ahelp.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #667114

I get people asking for tc trades all the time, no i am not giving wizard out either. Unless its a funny idea, i just say no and deny it.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #667118

Holy crap, this reflects really poorly on Rectification. On the end stages of the headmin election, no less.
Absolute failure to communicate with the player, not even a single word. Not quite on the level of "wordless bans" but the same shitty underlying concept.
Doesn't once speak to the player, gives him a note. Shitmin behaviour.

Also why the fuck is Vekter posting peanuts on the thread itself?
Last edited by ekaterina on Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #667120

I see rejection of a ticket equivalent to saying "No" others might disagree.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #667121

I somewhat agree with ekatrina here, this whole issue could have been resolved if the admin had simply communicated. USE WORDS. SPEAK.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #667122

If you chain-spam ahelps, you can get owned.
► Show Spoiler
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #667123

If his heretic status really got removed, then it might have seemed to him that he was in the process of receiving a different antag.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #667126

Striders13 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 pm If you chain-spam ahelps, you can get owned.
What else would he do when the admin doesn't say anything other than try to actually get a reply?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #667127

His heretic status didn't get removed, and he should've taken the hint after getting lightning bolted after opening the second ticket.

It doesn't hurt to use words, and Rectification could have used some, but if you're going to put in this little effort when you chain-open tickets, you deserve to get dunked on.
wiz? wiz? WIZ WIZ WWZIW IW WI, can i have wizard please? if no, revenant please
if this is your ticket I'm not putting in any effort for a response. the answer is no. stop asking.

we aren't customer service, we don't get paid, and we already put in way too much fucking effort for a 2d spaceman game. this is the most minor of minor grievances of all time

edit: actually looking at these timestamps you should've at least told him what was up when you gave him his heretic back
Spoiler:

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667129

the reject button gives the players an explanation. admins shouldnt have to give a long winded response to those tickets.

based rectification for lightning bolting them when they opened another ticket.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #667130

People aren't entitled to getting a response for such a shitty ahelp. People aren't entitled to receive antag trades. The ticket getting rejected is an obvious hint that the antag trade got rejected. The zaps are an even more obvious hint that the antag trade got rejected.

It's quite simple. Shut the fuck up. If you don't like heretic, then don't roll it. You're not entitled to having any antag round. It's a privilege, not a right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #667131

ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 pm Holy crap, this reflects really poorly on Rectification. On the end stages of the headmin election, no less.
Absolute failure to communicate with the player, not even a single word. Not quite on the level of "wordless bans" but the same shitty underlying concept.

That's not a peanut, my comment is well within what's allowed on both complaints and bans. Nothing wrong with me pointing out historical precedence.

Also, as usual, awful take. We're not obliged to be nice to people who are being a pain in the ass.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #667132

ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 pm Absolute failure to communicate with the player, not even a single word. Not quite on the level of "wordless bans" but the same shitty underlying concept.
Rejected by Rectification
ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 pm Doesn't once speak to the player, gives him a note. Shitmin behaviour.
Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) punished Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) with Lightning bolt.

Ekaterina you sound like the kind of person that will flood a person's inbox with "hey wanna go out" and not take the hint when it's been days they're rejecting you.
ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 pm Also why the fuck is Vekter posting peanuts on the thread itself?
Because Vekter is doing a 100% completion of posting in every single fucking ban and complaint thread.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #667133

Scriptis wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:50 pm we aren't customer service, we don't get paid, and we already put in way too much fucking effort for a 2d spaceman game. this is the most minor of minor grievances of all time
Scriptis I love you bud but this is the 2nd time I've seen you be like "plwease give us some slack we arn't even being paid to be jannies uwu" if you don't want to handle the heat then don't take up the position how hard is that jesus christ.
Image Image
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #667134

I stand by what I said here. Please, give a simple no man. It's all it takes! Speak! Communicate!

His status got taken away and returned, it's a fucking confusing situation man.
Ticket Three
can i get a reason? shocking me for asking antg trade and not talking is uncool of an admin
mrspyde ➡ Admins
2023-02-22T17:57:17
The player gets confused!He asks for clarification on wtf is going on and he gets...smited again.

To all admin defenders, why is giving 1 word too hard?
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #667136

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:02 am I stand by what I said here. Please, give a simple no man. It's all it takes! Speak! Communicate!

Ticket Three
can i get a reason? shocking me for asking antg trade and not talking is uncool of an admin
mrspyde ➡ Admins
The player gets confused!He asks for clarification on wtf is going on and he gets...smited again.

Admin already explained it using the reject and smite buttons. It's an 18+ server. People are expected to understand these basic social cues.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #667137

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:00 pm It's generally considered that you annoy admins at your own risk.
While the ahelps weren't exactly well worded, I hardly think two should constitute annoying an admin. I kinda agree that at least a warning should have been given first. I guess that's what the lightning smite was? But clearly it wasn't effectively communicated as such.

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #667138

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:02 am I stand by what I said here. Please, give a simple no man. It's all it takes! Speak! Communicate!

Ticket Three
mrspyde ➡ Admins

You are absolutely right my friend, I could have just said "no" before rejecting the ticket, and perhaps in a situation in which I wasn't handling other ahelps as well (one other of which was a antag trade request was a similarly incoherent request to be revived as an antag, rejected in the same fashion), as well as completing a ban from a previous round, I would have given the ticket more of my attention.

I could have, or I could have ignored it and he probably would have just went on with his round. But instead I did an equally valid action, which is press the reject button on the ahelp.

When he ahelps AGAIN, he clearly didn't get the message, and similarly babbles about wanting of be a traitor. We can see now pretty clearly, that this individual has no interest in playing heretic, and yet has it enabled and is trying to use it as a bartering token with me to get an antag he wants. Rejecting the ticket didn't work the first time, so I zap him a bit (a cool ~60 points of damage if I recall) he is right outside of medbay, this has not significantly impacted his round and was meant to be a humorous way of telling him: No, and don't ask again.

When he ahelps the third time I just blast him again and mute him from ahelps. He is still not dead and right infront of medbay, so he could continue with the round if he desired, and honestly I was fine to let it end there. but instead he deathgasps that he was admin abused in IC, and disconnects, I wouldn't have written the note if he hadn't IC OCCed.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #667141

Ah yes I found his body and me and a plasmaman were mocking him for ock icking. As I recall you were dealing with back to back Asimov AIs requesting law changes so they could valid hunt, my new personal white whale.
conrad

Post by conrad » #667142

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 am It's an 18+ server. People are expected to understand these basic social cues.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #667144

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:22 am

Ticket Three
mrspyde ➡ Admins

You are absolutely right my friend, I could have just said "no" before rejecting the ticket, and perhaps in a situation in which I wasn't handling other ahelps as well (one other of which was a antag trade request was a similarly incoherent request to be revived as an antag, rejected in the same fashion), as well as completing a ban from a previous round, I would have given the ticket more of my attention.

I could have, or I could have ignored it and he probably would have just went on with his round. But instead I did an equally valid action, which is press the reject button on the ahelp.

When he ahelps AGAIN, he clearly didn't get the message, and similarly babbles about wanting of be a traitor. We can see now pretty clearly, that this individual has no interest in playing heretic, and yet has it enabled and is trying to use it as a bartering token with me to get an antag he wants. Rejecting the ticket didn't work the first time, so I zap him a bit (a cool ~60 points of damage if I recall) he is right outside of medbay, this has not significantly impacted his round and was meant to be a humorous way of telling him: No, and don't ask again.

When he ahelps the third time I just blast him again and mute him from ahelps. He is still not dead and right infront of medbay, so he could continue with the round if he desired, and honestly I was fine to let it end there. but instead he deathgasps that he was admin abused in IC, and disconnects, I wouldn't have written the note if he hadn't IC OCCed.
Was this a consistent pattern of behaviour or a one off? Sometimes you're just having a day and don't particularly want to deal with heretic. If it's a sustained pattern of behaviour you probably should have noted him for that/ applied a heretic ban otherwise I don't feel that it's entirely fair to assume that he only had it on to trade.

Then again, don't take my words too personally. I'm very against using buttons like ic issue or reject ahelp ect. I'm very pro telling the player, hey. I'm going to reject this ahelp- xyz. That's just me and my method, it's fine to disagree obviously but thanks for your response.
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #667146

losing/receiving antag status is logged, right? the admin and player have conflicting amounts of time (minutes, seconds) so the logs should be posted to see how long it really was
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #667147

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 am It's an 18+ server. People are expected to understand these basic social cues.
BTFO holy shit
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #667148

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:41 am Sometimes you're just having a day and don't particularly want to deal with heretic.
If this was the case the player should've asked for his heretic role to be removed.
It keeps getting worse!?
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #667149

PengisBungholius wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:45 am losing/receiving antag status is logged, right? the admin and player have conflicting amounts of time (minutes, seconds) so the logs should be posted to see how long it really was
05:49:00 ACCESS Login: Mrspyde from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v514.1589
05:49:00 ACCESS Mob Login: Mrspyde/(Mrspyde) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
05:49:00 GAME Mrspyde/(Mrspyde) Client Mrspyde/(Mrspyde) has taken ownership of mob Mrspyde(/mob/dead/new_player) (8, 248, 1) start area
05:52:23 GAME Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) Client Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) has taken ownership of mob Anthony Christopher(/mob/living/carbon/human) (128, 87, 2) Ordnance Office
05:52:23 GAME *no key*/(Mrspyde) *no key*/(Mrspyde) is no longer owning mob Mrspyde(/mob/dead/new_player) (8, 248, 1) start area
05:52:23 ACCESS Mob Login: Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
05:52:24 GAME Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) has gained antag datum �Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic).
05:53:33 ADMIN Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) has removed �Heretic antagonist status from Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher).
05:54:17 ADMIN Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) made Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) into �Heretic.
05:54:17 GAME Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) has gained antag datum �Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic).
05:55:44 ADMIN Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) punished Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) with Lightning bolt.
05:55:51 SAY Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) "admin abuse" (145, 93, 2) Research Division
05:57:48 ADMIN Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) checked the individual player panel for Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher).
05:57:54 SAY Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) "ai open" (93, 104, 2) Medbay Central
05:58:05 ADMIN Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) punished Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) with Lightning bolt.
05:58:06 ADMIN Rectification/(Conrad Kurtz) has muted mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) from adminhelp, admin PM and ASAY
05:58:50 WHISPER Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) "admin abuse time" (103, 110, 2) Medbay Lobby
05:58:50 EMOTE Mrspyde/(Anthony Christopher) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (103, 110, 2) Medbay Lobby

05:53:33 removed, 05:54:17 readded. About 40 seconds
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #667151

Boot wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:57 pm Scriptis I love you bud but this is the 2nd time I've seen you be like "plwease give us some slack we arn't even being paid to be jannies uwu" if you don't want to handle the heat then don't take up the position how hard is that jesus christ.
I am allowed to complain. I am also allowed to complain about this attitude right here sir because "nobody wants to handle the heat" is why we don't have any admins on Sybil and turnover higher than an Amazon redemption center

please apply to be a sybil admin
Spoiler:

Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #667153

people who chain spam ahelps begging for tc trades deserve whatever they get
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #667167

conrad wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:52 pm Because Vekter is doing a 100% completion of posting in every single fucking ban and complaint thread.
You guys don't talk shit at Timber doing the exact same thing. I wonder what the difference is?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #667168

Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:14 am
conrad wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:52 pm Because Vekter is doing a 100% completion of posting in every single fucking ban and complaint thread.
You guys don't talk shit at Timber doing the exact same thing. I wonder what the difference is?
yeah we do
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #667171

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #667172

I wouldn't have probably just ahelp muted them but I'm literally no fun. lightning is fine
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667174

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:41 am Was this a consistent pattern of behaviour or a one off? Sometimes you're just having a day and don't particularly want to deal with heretic. If it's a sustained pattern of behaviour you probably should have noted him for that/ applied a heretic ban otherwise I don't feel that it's entirely fair to assume that he only had it on to trade.

Then again, don't take my words too personally. I'm very against using buttons like ic issue or reject ahelp ect. I'm very pro telling the player, hey. I'm going to reject this ahelp- xyz. That's just me and my method, it's fine to disagree obviously but thanks for your response.
in my time as admin there was consistently like a ticket every other 3 rounds where someone would be asking to trade heretic or traitor for wizard. usually it'd be the same few bunches of people just admin shopping. this kind of response is fairly common
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #667175

Timber putting inhuman levels of effort into most posts (with the intent to further discussion) make them a treat to read and respond to even if you disagree (most objective way that i can think of explaining it)

Rectification isnt in the wrong necessarily, but its just really petty at best and scummy at worst to do this.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #667178

It's hard to believe someone is over 18 with a first ahelp like that. Maybe over doing it will lightning and a 'no' could have helped but ya [REJECTED] should give them a hint.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #667202

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 am Admin already explained it using the reject and smite buttons. It's an 18+ server. People are expected to understand these basic social cues.
Gee, I didn't know autism (for example) was magically cured when you reached 18 years of age! Damn!
You can't expect all players to automatically understand social cues just because you expect them to be adults. There are conditions such as autism which would make it so they don't.
The difference is that his opinions are actually good, not just in content but also in form.
Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:41 pm Also, as usual, awful take. We're not obliged to be nice to people who are being a pain in the ass.
Ah, yes, communicating with the player you're taking action against, the bare minimum, is "being nice".
Last edited by ekaterina on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #667208

this just in, the word "rejected" means the same as the word "no".
conrad

Post by conrad » #667210

Tearling wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:44 am Meme
This has caused me to laugh uncontrollably to the point I started crying in pain.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667212

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:41 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 pm Holy crap, this reflects really poorly on Rectification. On the end stages of the headmin election, no less.

That's not a peanut, my comment is well within what's allowed on both complaints and bans. Nothing wrong with me pointing out historical precedence.

Also, as usual, awful take. We're not obliged to be nice to people who are being a pain in the ass.
This is bringing up historical precedence:
It's generally considered that you annoy admins at your own risk.
However This is just blatantly peanutting your opinion:
Asking once and having it rejected should've been your signal that it wasn't happening. Since you asked again, you opened yourself up to being fucked with.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #667214

ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:48 pm
Striders13 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 pm If you chain-spam ahelps, you can get owned.
What else would he do when the admin doesn't say anything other than try to actually get a reply?
go about his round because the admin rejecting your trade isnt the end of the world stuuuupid
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #667215

Vekter wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:14 am You guys don't talk shit at Timber doing the exact same thing. I wonder what the difference is?
I get confused a lot of the time because, the way you actually speak in your additions to bans, you sound like you're directly involved in the situation or have some kind first hand involvement in it. And while what you might say could be precedent, it comes across as personal opinion based on how you phrased it. I know your coverage is broad enough that you could actually have that first hand involvement, but when you don't that is when I often get confused as to why you're chiming in the way you are.

Timber goes to great lengths to make it seem like he's actually contributing unbiased relevant information and precedent, because he usually includes references to what he's talking about and uses language that prevents that confusion as to why he is contributing his post. He shares his bias a lot more in peanut threads than the actual bans themselves, but at least he keeps it on topic.

You'd do well to re-read some of your posts and see if someone might confuse you for speaking from an opinionated stance over contributing relevant precedent and rules. Tone, phrasing and word choice are really important elements to conveying your meaning here.
Scriptis wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:50 pm we aren't customer service,
Unfortunately, Scriptis, you are in some fashion. To paraphase Hulk's words of wisdom to me one day, you're in an awkward position of customer service, guidance councillor and judge. You're having to navigate a conversation with someone who might be bringing into the situation a lot more emotion than you are, and have differing expectations. While you might not want to approach people kindly if they're a bit annoying, its probably good practice so things don't get out of hand and you wind up with a complaint, or worse.

Some of my appeals only occurred as a direct result of my poor use of tone, which was something that I, not having experience in a customer service position prior to that, didn't understand was a contributing factor in how much of a headache I was making for myself. When I started to control that (and having also entered those kinds of positions IRL), people became more willing to listen to my explanations, I had far less issues with people getting upset because they felt like I was being mean to them or dismissive, and it actually lead to a lot more success in getting players who were acting out a bit to settle down and really think about what they were doing.

Honest to god, don't take in the mantra 'you don't have to be nice'. Be professional to a fault, be utterly neutral if not somewhat positive in delivery, but don't be a pushover. There is a balancing act that will save you a lot of grief and make your work a lot easier if you can get it right.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #667216

Fikou wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:48 pm
ekaterina wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:48 pm
go about his round because the admin rejecting your trade isnt the end of the world stuuuupid
He didn't reject the trade, "stuuuupid", he rejected the ahelp and didn't communicate with the player at all. He then proceeded to further confuse the player by removing the heretic status and then re-applying it.

"Hi. I won't be doing this trade". Literally 7 words.
conrad

Post by conrad » #667218

ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:11 pm He didn't reject the trade, "stuuuupid", he rejected the ahelp...
You mean the ahelp about the trade?

Ekat seek professional help bruh. Or smoke some weed
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #667219

conrad wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:21 pm
ekaterina wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:11 pm He didn't reject the trade, "stuuuupid", he rejected the ahelp...
You mean the ahelp about the trade?
Yes. Haven't you seen that Timberpoes quote about how players want to be listened to?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #667225

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:02 pm Honest to god, don't take in the mantra 'you don't have to be nice'. Be professional to a fault, be utterly neutral if not somewhat positive in delivery, but don't be a pushover. There is a balancing act that will save you a lot of grief and make your work a lot easier if you can get it right.
Facts

Also, when you start adminning you will very, very quickly realize just how many people there are who play this game with poor reading comprehension and understanding of social cues for a multitude of reasons (on the spectrum, ESL, underage (lol)). No comment on this actual complaint (anne said everything that needs to be said anyways), but big thumbs down to those who suggest that everyone should be expected to act like their definition of an adult in ahelps.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #667228

I wanna definitely echo wesoda's point about comprehension. You should really be careful to make sure your point is coming across correctly and that you're not using overly complicated words or phrases, not because you're trying to talk down to them, but so that your message isn't mistaken in some way because of how you chose to deliver it. The wrong or right word choice can mean everything.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667231

I think the smiting was rather excessive because the second trade proposed for traitor was a lot more reasonable than the first one (trading for wizard is just dumb, come on its the most rare antag).
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ariever
Byond Username: Ariever

Post by ariever » #667232

I play this game assuming everyone but me is severely mentally challenged

Also ekat every time i see you you're so angry; Is everything alright? (This is unironic) If you need to talk to someone my DMs are open my friend
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #667233

Your adminhelp being rejected means your trade is denied

It's not that hard to understand is it?

If you want proper responses to every little thing we get asked for (we get adminhelps and prayers like this most rounds) then that's just tough, we're not a call centre