Any% Re-Perma WR Glitchless sexual harassment strat

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Any% Re-Perma WR Glitchless sexual harassment strat

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #667390

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33485

Some People Probably Do Not Deserve The Unban
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Any% Re-Perma WR Glitchless sexual harassment strat

Post by Vekter » #667391

I try to do what I can to advocate for second chances and, realistically, I don't see an issue with unbanning someone who's been gone for like two years.

People like this guy make me question that mentality.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667393

Vekter wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:53 pm I try to do what I can to advocate for second chances and, realistically, I don't see an issue with unbanning someone who's been gone for like two years.

Nah, its easy enough to just ban them again.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #667394

Vekter wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:53 pm People like this guy make me question that mentality.
Aren't cases like this extremely rare? I can't remember anything similar happening recently.
It keeps getting worse!?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #667395

CPTANT wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:22 pm
Vekter wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:53 pm I try to do what I can to advocate for second chances and, realistically, I don't see an issue with unbanning someone who's been gone for like two years.

Guy has a 100% chance to reoffend, you're basically griefing a round by unbanning him
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667397

Armhulen wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:36 pm

Guy has a 100% chance to reoffend, you're basically griefing a round by unbanning him
After the second time he is obviously not getting unbanned.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667398

lol
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #667399

Sketchiest unban of the year?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #667400

That is impressively fast re-perma. Sorry for that guys
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #667401

Mice World wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:28 pm
Vekter wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:53 pm People like this guy make me question that mentality.
Aren't cases like this extremely rare? I can't remember anything similar happening recently.
Yeah, but it still bums me out when an admin goes out of their way to give someone a second chance and it ends up being out of malice.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #667402

Vekter wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:19 pm
Yeah, but it still bums me out when an admin goes out of their way to give someone a second chance and it ends up being out of malice.
Don't let one act of bad faith go against trusting others.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667404

WineAllWine wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:19 pm That is impressively fast re-perma. Sorry for that guys
you did the right thing. don't let this guy poison the well for appeals. just laugh and move on.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #667405

He even joined the discord for a moment. Guess he's mad or something.
Attachments
0E19794D-D4DB-4D3B-AC2D-0DF172A9ED13.jpeg
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #667407

Anyone that doesn't actually deserve a second chance will very quickly reach the "find out" phase. For someone like this, in record time.

The genuine win these shitters get is when their actions actually change admins or admin team culture. There's a real chance that the lesson taken away from this is "that's what you get for giving people second chances". In Wine's place I would have done the same thing. And I think it's a sign of exceptionally good character that he was willing to gift a second chance in good faith.

I'd hate to think that people taking advantage of my good faith could end up in me losing that trait entirely. Letting shitters occupy space in your head is a rental agreement you'll never get a payoff on.

They got unbanned and then got banned again. They've proven they're not worth giving any more chances to and that's a decision that can be made objectively based on their history now. That's information that not just our server but (thanks to the Centcom Ban DB) every other server can benefit from too.

If they evade, they evade. And they'll get banned again soon enough if they break the rules.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #667408

To be clear, wineallwine wasn't wrong for giving second chances, he should have just read realb better
And frankly, realb's appeal is only sane looking when you don't do your research. He said he was staff, where? That wasn't asked at all, and it certainly should have
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #667409

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:44 pm He even joined the discord for a moment. Guess he's mad or something.
Is this guy doing a clout chase @ here or what.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #667410

Armhulen wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:04 pm To be clear, wineallwine wasn't wrong for giving second chances, he should have just read realb better
And frankly, realb's appeal is only sane looking when you don't do your research. He said he was staff, where? That wasn't asked at all, and it certainly should have
I think the amount of man hours wasted chasing up ghosts for bans that are going on two years plus in duration is greater than the amount of man hours spent re-banning them.

In a few shifts they gave us more information about whether they should have been unbanned than we could have possibly gained from investigating any vouch or any other lead from some other server.

And now future admins don't need to worry about chasing ghosts either, because the player had the 5 minutes of fame playing out their castortroy LARP session and that's all the info we need to know to dismiss any future appeal from them without even giving it a second thought.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #667412

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:18 pm
Armhulen wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:04 pm To be clear, wineallwine wasn't wrong for giving second chances, he should have just read realb better
I think the amount of man hours wasted chasing up ghosts for bans that are going on two years plus in duration is greater than the amount of man hours spent re-banning them.

In a few shifts they gave us more information about whether they should have been unbanned than we could have possibly gained from investigating any vouch or any other lead from some other server.

And now future admins don't need to worry about chasing ghosts either, because the player had the 5 minutes of fame playing out their castortroy LARP session and that's all the info we need to know to dismiss any future appeal from them without even giving it a second thought.
Yo true. I still think you could have sussed out this one and we should have done some investigation before just sending it but very true. The cost of seeing if someone changed on live servers is very low and any attempts for people to go clean is well appreciated and should be rewarded
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #667422

Where is the real Vekter?
What did you do with him?!!!
ANSWER ME!!!!!!

With alternate regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #667426

I went ahead and informed the servers they used as a vouch about their conduct here after getting unbanned. Those servers are free to decide to do.... what ever they want with that info.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #667434

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha
Hugs
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #667443

CPTANT wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:49 pm

you ever hear the story of 22beard?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #667448

oranges wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:12 pm

oh nonononononon
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #667449

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:04 pm I went ahead and informed the servers they used as a vouch about their conduct here after getting unbanned. Those servers are free to decide to do.... what ever they want with that info.
Thanks, I was so incandescent with rage I almost asked you to blacklist them but this helps
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #667457

I totally remember REALB from TGMC from like 6-12 months ago.

For real does he not think this ban will get mirror'd to there?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #667464

Welcome back realb i missed you buddy

aaand he's banned again
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #667465

To be fair he also mentioned he wanted to try tg again "with the questionable people" which sounds like we are the tradeoff
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #667488

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:53 am I totally remember REALB from TGMC from like 6-12 months ago.

TGMC usually doesn't mirror bans from tgstation UNLESS the issue is with doxxing or grooming.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #667496

turbo sperg
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #667500

I hope this guy receives mental help.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #667517

cybersaber101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:35 am I hope this guy receives mental help.
hes german hes already mentally diseased

source: i am german
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #667532

Archie700 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:25 am
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:53 am I totally remember REALB from TGMC from like 6-12 months ago.

TGMC usually doesn't mirror bans from tgstation UNLESS the issue is with doxxing or grooming.
(Or I go into their admin channel and link this peanut with absolutely no comment)

Like for real, if you are gonna try to use other servers as a reference to get unbanned, then admit you did it in bad faith intending to earn a new permaban, don't be shocked when those other servers hear about the obvious griefing and decide they don't want to risk you doing the same on their server. Doubly so when one of them is tg affiliated
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #667535

This is incredibly fucking funny. I feel bad for the admins though. Don't let this change your judgement for second chances. Some people are just victims of bad parenting.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #667536

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:24 pm

(Or I go into their admin channel and link this peanut with absolutely no comment)

Like for real, if you are gonna try to use other servers as a reference to get unbanned, then admit you did it in bad faith intending to earn a new permaban, don't be shocked when those other servers hear about the obvious griefing and decide they don't want to risk you doing the same on their server. Doubly so when one of them is tg affiliated
I wish I could say no one else would do something this stupid, but that would be a blatant lie, because lots of shitters would do this.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #667647

Archie700 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:44 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:24 pm

I wish I could say no one else would do something this stupid, but that would be a blatant lie, because lots of shitters would do this.
He ERPs on a game with 16 bit unanimated sprite graphics, he is 100% that stupid.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #667705

oranges wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:12 pm

I was literally thinking of this exact person as I was reading this thread.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #667932

giving people second chances solely because it's been X amount of time is a bit of a 2015-era take when there were only like 3 servers worth their salt.

You can literally have your "second chance" playing tg by just joining a pretty-much tg server and getting a vouch. The idea admins should have to babysit servers because they knowingly let a "high risk" guy on seems very silly when the alternative is just have them play on a near-identical server and do everything they were suppose to do on this one. The worst that happens is

1. they end up liking that server more, which is fine because its not like we "lost" them to begin with as they were already banned.
2. They dont do anything and just stay banned.
3. They grief that server too and just stay banned.

None of these options put our "good" players at risk of having their round ruined or in this case being daddy's kitten or whatever.

Obv subject to change if the initial ban was a bit of an eye roller, but for a genuine "omg u were a pos" ban I do not see why some individuals have this approach. We arent the only (tg) server anymore you can take advantage of that reality.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667949

Cobby wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:02 pm giving people second chances solely because it's been X amount of time is a bit of a 2015-era take when there were only like 3 servers worth their salt.

You can literally have your "second chance" playing tg by just joining a pretty-much tg server and getting a vouch. The idea admins should have to babysit servers because they knowingly let a "high risk" guy on seems very silly when the alternative is just have them play on a near-identical server and do everything they were suppose to do on this one. The worst that happens is

1. they end up liking that server more, which is fine because its not like we "lost" them to begin with as they were already banned.

None of these options put our "good" players at risk of having their round ruined or in this case being daddy's kitten or whatever.

Obv subject to change if the initial ban was a bit of an eye roller, but for a genuine "omg u were a pos" ban I do not see why some individuals have this approach. We arent the only (tg) server anymore you can take advantage of that reality.
Im a Starving Child Starving to Death and This Is the Very Last Thing I Have Ever Read. Gootbye
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #667973

Cobby wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:02 pm giving people second chances solely because it's been X amount of time is a bit of a 2015-era take when there were only like 3 servers worth their salt.

The general idea behind "X amount of time" was that after "X amount of time", they would come back more mature, admit their behavior was shit, and behave better in the server, with the appeal to demonstrate remorse and redemption.

Of course that means there is always the risk that they would just relapse to their old behaviors, resulting in a second perma with harsher requirements for reappeal.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #667997

You don’t have to roll the dice though you can let them test run their behavior on (not your server) if they want to play so badly. It’s not foolproof but it makes a lot more sense than to just let someone who hasn’t played for a year but was a real obnoxious mofo come back simply because they “matured”, with your only proof of that being that time passed.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current