Chip Shitfest peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Chip Shitfest peanut

Post by Fren256 » #674077

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33698

It was bound to happen, eventually.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
DevinXoptoh
Byond Username: DevinXoptoh

Re: Chip Shitfest peanut

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674152

chocolate_bickie wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:16 pm
DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:39 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm I just want to say this whole shebang has spurred me into coding a new type of special meteor summoned when you do something stupid like emagging 16 meteor shields
► Show Spoiler
given that meteor shields dont "stop functioning" when emagged, they still destroy meteors,
emagging them just increases the weight, no extra damage was caused by the catastrophic that came after my emagging.
it is literally a jumpscare thing to command for a fast evac incase they do fail, but if I recall properly, I purchased 7 boxes of sats, each with 3 in
I honestly thought meteor shields didn't even work
this is what I mean, sats are so obscure on what they actually do, I genuinely had no clue they had an emag state.
I know they work, simply from actually seeing them work ICly
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674153

Just to confirm, you have tested that they give no message before this PR??
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #674154

DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:27 pm
An admin tested on centcom for me, and found out that the message does in fact show. I've added ANOTHER message in the form of a bloon alert so it 100% cannot happen again as a mistake
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674155

Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:29 pm
An admin tested on centcom for me, and found out that the message does in fact show. I've added ANOTHER message in the form of a bloon alert so it 100% cannot happen again as a mistake
Shows with a multi?
or shows in chat, because I do not recall seeing it in chat
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #674156

What the hell, you can emag meteor shields?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #674158

DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:31 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:29 pm
Shows with a multi?
or shows in chat, because I do not recall seeing it in chat
Full on in chat

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674164

it seems at least believable they would’ve thought it was just flavortext on a defunct feature.

also if the meteor shield was fully assembled one might think it would just increase the amount of meteors being destroyed instead of pose an actual risk.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #674166

Is it dumb that somebody emagged something? Yeah.
Is it something that I would do? Yeah.
Honestly I think it is just a dumb fucking move. I would be tempted to do the same thing! But it is not worthy of a permaban, it's just a dumb mistake.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #674180

This ban's rock solid.
There's literally no defense for this aside from "i'm sorry, pls unban".
You can't say you had no idea what it did- you already admitted to reading the wiki and assuming the wiki was wrong... for some reason.
You also couldn't say that even if you hadn't admitted to it- the emag is an item that, in most cases, is for sabotage. Logically it's far more likely to be some negative effect.
You can't even say you did it on accident, you had to go out of your way to get the emag in the first place.
I'd recommend not posting in the peanut thread to defend yourself- it's making you look like you're trying to say some of those things anyway, which directly conflicts with things you've said in the appeal.
in this thread wrote:I genuinely had no clue they had an emag state.
in the appeal wrote:After I emagged the sats, I do not recall if another meteor storm hit, however, it was not to my knowledge that emagging the shield sats actually still caused meteors to have a higher chance of happening, I thought it was old code due to the outdated wiki.
Like, I don't get the impression you did it in bad faith- I think you were curious and wanted to test it- but things like this make it easier for that impression to change. You definitely had some kind of clue that it had an emag state; you just ignored that clue entirely because it "could be outdated information".
Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm I just want to say this whole shebang has spurred me into coding a new type of special meteor summoned when you do something stupid like emagging 16 meteor shields
► Show Spoiler
I love you.
Constellado wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm The BSA needs an emagged state. It could go: Blam! Blows target and the user up.

Even if that is true the issue of taking the emag from sec still stands.
Nah, man.
The emag is still an overloaded item even after the airlocks were removed from it.
Make it a hacking effect or some kind of special item that sabotages specifically station objectives, instead of lumping it under the generalized emag. The emag already does too much for its cost.
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:23 pm Not sure why the alert matters, if they only emagged one shield then the alert would be given afterwards, so they could very well not have known before.

it seems at least believable they would’ve thought it was just flavortext on a defunct feature.

Also if the meteor shield was fully assembled one might think it would just increase the amount of meteors being destroyed instead of pose an actual risk.
There's some problems here, though.
That alert tells you that it increases the chance of meteor strikes happening. A meteor shield puts up a shield against meteors. I don't see how that could be misunderstood.
If there was some chance it was still a functioning feature, the sensible thing to do would be to emag one and wait, then ahelp an apology admitting you fucked up after rocks start hitting the station- because you're probably eating a ban anyway. Instead, he emagged multiple, which really doesn't look like "i wonder if this works."
Finally, as I previously stated- the emag is largely used for sabotage. It unlocks lethal options on the holodeck(plasma fire my beloved), turns loyal NT cyborgs into syndicate-aligned cyborgs, makes bots malfunction and start hurting people, unlocks dangerous chemicals on various vendors and dispensers... I don't see how someone immediately jumps to the assumption "it must upgrade it instead of threatening the station!" Having looked through the list, there are almost no situations in which the emag does something that's only good for the station. The least harmful thing it does is remove access restrictions- which still allows potentially dangerous crew access to things, like disabling the meteor shields during a storm!
The more I type, the worse my impression of Chip is.

Final note:
Admins: NoTeS aRe NoT a PuNiShMeNt
Also admins: Has many recent notes, some including random bombings, and a few bans during this month as well.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674186

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:54 pm What the hell, you can emag meteor shields?
Yes, which, is what I learnt the hard way to actually be true
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674194

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:39 pm There's some problems here, though.
That alert tells you that it increases the chance of meteor strikes happening. A meteor shield puts up a shield against meteors. I don't see how that could be misunderstood.
Right… But you have a shield against meteors. Doesn’t it delete the meteors without sustaining any damage? I’m not exactly sure how they work but it’s a fair assumption.

One would think if the station is fully shielded, you could stand to increase the frequency of the meteors without any negative things happening. You might be wrong, but that’s at least a good faith assumption.

If their intention was purely to grief (if it’s a permaban clearly that’s what the admin believes), why didn’t they emag more than two? Why didn’t they disable the meteor shields after?
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #674201

Emagged meteor shields no longer function as meteor shields, they just increase probability of meteor events while active.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #674257

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:03 pm Right… But you have a shield against meteors. Doesn’t it delete the meteors without sustaining any damage? I’m not exactly sure how they work but it’s a fair assumption.

One would think if the station is fully shielded, you could stand to increase the frequency of the meteors without any negative things happening. You might be wrong, but that’s at least a good faith assumption.
That's my understanding to how they work, but even without Arm coming in and saying that they don't work after being emagged: how does extra meteors being flung at the station become a positive thing? At best it's a not-negative thing, because it bonks harmlessly against the shield but we don't see any real benefit from it. Why would you risk the meteor shield failing, or the meteor missing the shield entirely and smashing into the hull, or one of the admins getting sick of your "nonantag emagging meteor shield" shit and deleting one(you wouldn't get in trouble for this, but it's a possibility), or someone further sabotaging the shields during a storm? All it takes is one lucky meteor slipping through to break a powerline and widen the gap, yeah?
If their intention was purely to grief (if it’s a permaban clearly that’s what the admin believes), why didn’t they emag more than two? Why didn’t they disable the meteor shields after?
A lot of the shields were already emagged, according to the appeal. I'm going to take OP at his word(because I don't want to log-dive) and say that only those 14 were emagged, making for 16 functional meteor shields if his math checks out. Why only two? Good question. At best, he was trying to rein in his curiosity and just test it. At worst, it was for plausible deniability; It's a lot easier to miss two messages in chat than sixteen. I can only speculate at his reasons for not emagging more shields.
According to Armhulenn, disabling the meteor shield after emagging it might not change anything. We don't know if it would decrease the chance of meteors striking, or if it's just a permanent offset. I'd like to think that it would decrease the chances, but that might not be the case.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #674262

Disabling a meteor shield that is emagged disables the increased meteor event chances, though lets be honest before my pr gets merged NOBODY is going to know that
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #674263

DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:04 pm Again, this is the first time I have ever seen the sats actually be emagged in like, 4 years of playing this game/codebase
My brother in christ, when I first found out shoving forks into electrical outlets was a thing, I did not shove a fork into an electrical outlet directly afterwards because "this is the first time I have ever seen someone shove a fork into an electrical outlet"
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #674267

TheSmallBlue wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:42 pm
DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:04 pm Again, this is the first time I have ever seen the sats actually be emagged in like, 4 years of playing this game/codebase
My brother in christ, when I first found out shoving forks into electrical outlets was a thing, I did not shove a fork into an electrical outlet directly afterwards because "this is the first time I have ever seen someone shove a fork into an electrical outlet"
Eh, having looked at meteor shields a lot in my time, there really is terrible communication from it as a machine. I think Chip should have known better but at the same time I could see excusing it
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #674273

Constellado wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm
DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:24 pm
I learnt alot of my engineering ICly, mostly from one/two people and had to handle the rest on my own.
I rarely get antag and when I do, I wouldn't even think that the sats do anything, the vault doesnt, the bsa doesnt, so why would the sats?
The BSA needs an emagged state. It could go: Blam! Blows target and the user up.

Even if that is true the issue of taking the emag from sec still stands.
Let an emagged one target suit sensors but also have a 15% chance to explode on use.
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #674274

Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:43 pm Eh, having looked at meteor shields a lot in my time, there really is terrible communication from it as a machine. I think Chip should have known better but at the same time I could see excusing it
No this is still absurd, there's no excuse for it, if you find out that an emag does something, you shouldnt go ahead and test it when you're a non-antag. The argument shouldn't be whether or not it was ok because Chip didn't know using the emag on a meteor shild upped the meteor chance, the argument should be why he was using an emag on a meteor shield as a non-antag to begin with
Comm from
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674383

TheSmallBlue wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:46 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:43 pm Eh, having looked at meteor shields a lot in my time, there really is terrible communication from it as a machine. I think Chip should have known better but at the same time I could see excusing it
No this is still absurd, there's no excuse for it, if you find out that an emag does something, you shouldnt go ahead and test it when you're a non-antag. The argument shouldn't be whether or not it was ok because Chip didn't know using the emag on a meteor shild upped the meteor chance, the argument should be why he was using an emag on a meteor shield as a non-antag to begin with
I understand having the emag as a non antag is an issue.
but that isnt the issue that is behind the ban, the issue is that I specifically used the emag on the shield sats without knowing what that did.

I have seen plenty of people carry "soft" contraband such as emags for EORG
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #674386

DevinXoptoh wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:11 am I have seen plenty of people carry "soft" contraband such as emags for EORG
Emphasis on carry, not use. I don't think having the emag is an issue, I think using the emag totally is though. You had no reason to, and your defense is "well I didn't know what would happen", which is absurd, if you weren't sure why did you do it
Comm from
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674387

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:16 am
DevinXoptoh wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:11 am I have seen plenty of people carry "soft" contraband such as emags for EORG
Emphasis on carry, not use. I don't think having the emag is an issue, I think using the emag totally is though. You had no reason to, and your defense is "well I didn't know what would happen", which is absurd, if you weren't sure why did you do it
I genuinely thought it did nothing, untill I checked logs while making my appeal.
I had absolutely no idea that it did
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #674400

DevinXoptoh wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:20 am I genuinely thought it did nothing, untill I checked logs while making my appeal.
I had absolutely no idea that it did
DevinXoptoh wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:50 pm After I emagged the sats, I do not recall if another meteor storm hit, however, it was not to my knowledge that emagging the shield sats actually still caused meteors to have a higher chance of happening, I thought it was old code due to the outdated wiki. Evidence of such can be found in random spots on the wiki, such as the cult guide to use a "construction necklace"
admins.png
admins.png (89.83 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
I know that I write a lot when I'm in the mood, but man. This stinks.

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #674415

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:07 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:58 pm Regardless of how this resolves... sigh... it's time for another one of THOSE prs.
Which one this time?
Well, I was GOING to clarify with an examine what the emagged sat was doing but whooop de doo it plainly says exactly what it does when you emag it
This peanut is delightfully spicy already, I look forward to seeing how it's developed when I wake up.
Of all the ways this delightfully spicy peanut could've developed, I did not expect "Gung baits someone into using the peanut to incriminate themselves for the third time" to be it.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #674421

As a tgstation ban appeals lawyer, I recommend Devin exercise his right to remain silent and accept that the ban will not be lifted. Take a six month break, play elsewhere, and then in a year he should appeal apologetically. That's his best path to playing here again.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #674423

*fart*
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #674450

I think this guy should be banned not because he's obviously lying but because he has made 50% of the posts in his own peanut thread, shaking my head.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #674466

I'd like to put out that the ban reason is incorrect, pumpkin (and myself included at the time) assumed that he only stole an emag from the storage or something to do this. But no, it's worse. He fucking stole an uplink to buy the emag to do this.

[2023-03-27 00:45:14.540] UPLINK: DevinXoptoh/(Chip Shafer) purchased Cryptographic Sequencer for 4 telecrystals from the pen's uplink
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #674468

A permanent ban for this, seriously? Ban-hungry badmin moment.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #674470

ekaterina wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:27 pm A permanent ban for this, seriously? Ban-hungry badmin moment.
From what I understand, it was more of a combo of various reasons than just an emag moment, he was on thin ice before this incident.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #674471

this game has a VERY toxic part to its community and the OOC comments made towards myself as of late prove this greatly
No Devin, you're just a shitter. Get a clue.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #674477

Fren256 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:45 pm
this game has a VERY toxic part to its community and the OOC comments made towards myself as of late prove this greatly
I quite literally had a player, tell me to kill myself OOC for, doing my job as a security officer.

I have no clue who you play ICly and I have no clue who you are. You are quick to judge character considering I have possibly never interacted with you.

Whatever it is you get from putting someone onto blast for, literally no reason, get a grip
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #674478

DevinXoptoh wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:29 pm I quite literally had a player, tell me to kill myself OOC for, doing my job as a security officer.
Did you ahelp it
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #674479

DevinXoptoh wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:29 pm
I quite literally had a player, tell me to kill myself OOC for, doing my job as a security officer.

I have no clue who you play ICly and I have no clue who you are. You are quick to judge character considering I have possibly never interacted with you.

Whatever it is you get from putting someone onto blast for, literally no reason, get a grip
If what you said is true about you wanting to take a break for your mental health and the ban being a bless in disguise, I suggest not coming back to this thread specifically (which is tough, I know, the lil new post red flag makes it tempting) and actually taking a break. And I don't mean this as "Take a hike, kid", I genuinely mean take some time to focus on something different.

You're already banned. There's no point in being banned and upset/stressed as well.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #674491

Man, I love Chip as a player and as a person... I just wish he is more careful when doing shits because holy shit he's prone to get banned anywhere. I just want to play more with him
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #674492

conrad wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:39 pm
DevinXoptoh wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:29 pm

If what you said is true about you wanting to take a break for your mental health and the ban being a bless in disguise, I suggest not coming back to this thread specifically (which is tough, I know, the lil new post red flag makes it tempting) and actually taking a break. And I don't mean this as "Take a hike, kid", I genuinely mean take some time to focus on something different.

You're already banned. There's no point in being banned and upset/stressed as well.
Preach it.

Involving yourself in your own peanuts is a recipe for conflict.
Hugs
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #674508

Witnessed this ban being applied. I agree that the perma was a bit too far fetched however this whole situation was a little stupid when your a CE and you put two and two together, get a EMAG, and say “hmm today I should straight up emag the meteor sats”

Edit: No offense to the CE though. Glad they decided to take a break from all of this. Don’t take this in the wrong way
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #674532

I have a theory, and it's not intended to be an insult to the player. In fact, I hope they enjoy the rest and return with an awesome appeal and be welcomed back to the community with open arms.

Do you ever do something you know is stupid, but it's incredibly fun and you think would be cool to see, and then when confronted about it, you tell a little white lie to remove some accountability and get off with an easier punishment? Well, I think we've all been in that situation, and I think what usually ends up happening is you just keep adding on tiny little pieces of misinformation until you're full of inconsistencies and everything falls apart. I've been in this situation before outside of SS13, and the best thing that I could have done was just talking to the person I was lying to, explaining how a little white lie to make everyone feel better resulted in a big heap of lies, and then asking what I can do to fix the issue at hand.

This isn't necessarily what happened here, I believe that honesty and admitting faults help everyone in all situations. When it's two individuals speaking truthfully and earnestly to each other, there's nothing that can't be hashed out without a permanent ban.

Devin, have a good break, care for yourself.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #674683

Devin, you're far from the worst player I've encountered, your absolute insanity has at times contributed to and made memorable stories and rounds. I fondly remember watching you fucking dunk on the captain and HoS on skyrat for trying to kill Poly for being on the radio. I've seen, on many occasions add some spice to an otherwise boring engineering department.

I've also seen you declare that anyone that abuses a nitrium+healium to be excessively power-gaming, and that anyone using it should be banned, then proceed to use it the very next day.
I've seen you sabotage the test-server run of a new antag by grabbing a fire-axe and venting the entire station to maximize body count.
I've seen the manny-cord, on numerous occasions go "Oh, he was NOT an antag?" at round end because of blatantly antagonistic actions you preformed.

I'll extend a bit of good faith-here and work under the impression that you really just want to be the star of the show, and that's cool when it's your antag round, be the moustache twirling victim. And you know what? Fuck, that's cool if your idea is good enough or RNG has the stars align on some rare opportunity, but you've really got to cut it out with doing that crap every round.
The alternative is that you don't give a shit about anyone else's experience.

I hope to see you again under better circumstances again, dude.

Also, the only time you should comment in your own peanut thread is to apologize for being a dumbass, it goes over MUCH better. I speak from personal experience.
pfp by AspEv
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #674709

Did we just ignore the legendary septuple Post in your own peanut thread by chip
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #674719

Timonk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:29 am Did we just ignore the legendary septuple Post in your own peanut thread by chip
We didn't. It got treated as an unironic call for a mental health check.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674732

Emagging the gravgen (whatever that does) then saying it was a misinput is pretty damning. But regardless, why a permanent ban? That's a whole year with vouches man, that's rough.

Shouldn't permabans be reserved for the absolute worst of the worst shitters that consistently make rounds they're a part of worse? Already in this appeal it looks like that's just not the case. Why not like a 2 month ban with a vouch? Anything.
Pumpkin0 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 am My main concern here is not the actual destruction you may or may not have caused, but the fact that you went out of your way to secure an emag from the brig as a non-antagonist and emag the shield satellites.
This part also rubbed me the wrong way. Securing an emag from the brig and emagging shield sats is bad because _____ (fill in the blank). Because it causes damage I imagine. If your actions don't cause damage then they're not something you should be banned for surely.

Two things that would've been useful to know are 1) the damage that "may or may not have been caused" (did it cause damage or not? IT MATTERS SURELY) and 2) the note history. The latter of which is private but I've heard again and again that notes only can justify larger bans when it's related notes, or there's a lot of recent ones.
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #674735

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 am Shouldn't permabans be reserved for the absolute worst of the worst shitters that consistently make rounds they're a part of worse? Already in this appeal it looks like that's just not the case. Why not like a 2 month ban with a vouch? Anything.
(...)
2) the note history. The latter of which is private but I've heard again and again that notes only can justify larger bans when it's related notes, or there's a lot of recent ones.
So the ban reason listed in the thread isn't actually the full reason. The full reason, as listed on the public bans page, states that he has a lot of notes and a few bans this month.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #674736

Cheshify wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:17 pm Do you ever do something you know is stupid, but it's incredibly fun and you think would be cool to see, and then when confronted about it, you tell a little white lie to remove some accountability and get off with an easier punishment?
No I hate fun
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #674753

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 am This part also rubbed me the wrong way. Securing an emag from the brig and emagging shield sats is bad because _____ (fill in the blank). Because it causes damage I imagine. If your actions don't cause damage then they're not something you should be banned for surely.
1. Emagging shield sats not only increases the chance for meteor event, but disable the "meteor protection" function, making the sats completely useless for protecting the station from meteors.
If it was just increasing meteor chance then it wouldn't be a good sabotage weapon.
2. Emagging machinery in general can range from funny shit (emagging security masks to make the funny shitcurity voicelines), to being helpful for traitors (chem dispensers and booze dispensers producing toxins), to the outright deadly (bots malfunctioning and destroying the station). Playing around with the emag without knowing what can do is at your own peril if you're not an antagonist.
3. The guy thought the wiki was outdated and yet did not ask the admins whether emagging the shield sats will still do anything.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674755

Archie700 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:28 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 am This part also rubbed me the wrong way. Securing an emag from the brig and emagging shield sats is bad because _____ (fill in the blank). Because it causes damage I imagine. If your actions don't cause damage then they're not something you should be banned for surely.
1. Emagging shield sats not only increases the chance for meteor event, but disable the "meteor protection" function, making the sats completely useless for protecting the station from meteors.
If it was just increasing meteor chance then it wouldn't be a good sabotage weapon.
2. Emagging machinery in general can range from funny shit (emagging security masks to make the funny shitcurity voicelines), to being helpful for traitors (chem dispensers and booze dispensers producing toxins), to the outright deadly (bots malfunctioning and destroying the station). Playing around with the emag without knowing what can do is at your own peril if you're not an antagonist.
3. The guy thought the wiki was outdated and yet did not ask the admins whether emagging the shield sats will still do anything.
The same argument could be applied to emagging a sechaler. It's irrelevant whether or not it actually caused damage, the point is that it could've caused damage, and you are a nonantagonist fiddling around with an emag mechanic that may very well do something bad. This argument obviously doesn't work, emagging something is only a bad thing if it causes tangible damage.

Which is why it's so odd the damage the meteor shield emagging caused isn't ever brought up.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #674783

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:40 am
Archie700 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:28 am
The same argument could be applied to emagging a sechaler. It's irrelevant whether or not it actually caused damage, the point is that it could've caused damage, and you are a nonantagonist fiddling around with an emag mechanic that may very well do something bad. This argument obviously doesn't work, emagging something is only a bad thing if it causes tangible damage.

Which is why it's so odd the damage the meteor shield emagging caused isn't ever brought up.
Pumpkin0 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 amMy main concern here is not the actual destruction you may or may not have caused, but the fact that you went out of your way to secure an emag from the brig as a non-antagonist and emag the shield satellites. Despite this, I want to bring you the perspective as well that any shield satellites that are emagged no longer function: They stop shooting down meteors entirely. Even if you had not known that the shield sats could be emagged, or what they would do when emagged, there is no reason you should have pursued doing so as a non-antagonist. There are very, very little things that the emag does that are a net positive to the station - most, if anything, cause very bad things to happen when they're sabotaged. If you were curious about the function of the shield satellites, you should have taken other courses of actions to verify what they do: Checking the code, asking admins, asking other players. You had been told by other members of the command team that emagging them summons more meteors, both before and after you attempted to emag the shield satellite.

EmpressMaia emagging the shield satellites may have caused more damage to the station. However, that does not mean that the issue here is solved: You should not have been, as a non-antagonist, actively seeking out an emag in order to emag important protective parts of the station like this that had a high chance of causing more station sabotage. You said in the peanut that you thought it was the gravity generator that attracted meteors.
Also, for what reason would you emag the shield sats other than to cause damage. There is no way someone is purposefully emagging the satellites without ill intentions. It attracts meteors and disables protection; there's no benefit to the station.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674796

Archie700 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:31 pm
Pumpkin0 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 amMy main concern here is not the actual destruction you may or may not have caused, but the fact that you went out of your way to secure an emag from the brig as a non-antagonist and emag the shield satellites. Despite this, I want to bring you the perspective as well that any shield satellites that are emagged no longer function: They stop shooting down meteors entirely. Even if you had not known that the shield sats could be emagged, or what they would do when emagged, there is no reason you should have pursued doing so as a non-antagonist. There are very, very little things that the emag does that are a net positive to the station - most, if anything, cause very bad things to happen when they're sabotaged. If you were curious about the function of the shield satellites, you should have taken other courses of actions to verify what they do: Checking the code, asking admins, asking other players. You had been told by other members of the command team that emagging them summons more meteors, both before and after you attempted to emag the shield satellite.

EmpressMaia emagging the shield satellites may have caused more damage to the station. However, that does not mean that the issue here is solved: You should not have been, as a non-antagonist, actively seeking out an emag in order to emag important protective parts of the station like this that had a high chance of causing more station sabotage. You said in the peanut that you thought it was the gravity generator that attracted meteors.
I too read the ban appeal.
Archie700 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:31 pmAlso, for what reason would you emag the shield sats other than to cause damage. There is no way someone is purposefully emagging the satellites without ill intentions. It attracts meteors and disables protection; there's no benefit to the station.
For the hell of it, to see what it does. Curiosity? Every single action doesn't need to be justified behind layers of logical reasoning. Curiosity isn't really a bad thing unless it causes harm or damage to the station. No where was it mentioned what tangible damage this did. Maybe it destroyed half the station, maybe not a single tile was damaged, I've no clue but that probably should matter.
Spoiler:
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #674797

Ship Chafer and Raia Moentgen are now canon in ss13 code
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #674800

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:09 pm For the hell of it, to see what it does. Curiosity?
But the wiki specifically states that emagging the meteor sat does nothing good. I argue that curiosity isn’t a valid reason when the information is right there for you to read.
Station Goals wiki page wrote:...unless they're emagged, which will instead significantly increase the chance of meteors!
Besides, even if there’s a chance nothing bad would happen, it still does nothing good in general. It doesn’t help anything at all, and it has the intention of increasing chances in their favor in order to cause destruction to the station. In this case, it is opening themself to being accused of grief.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #674801

Fikou wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:22 pm Ship Chafer and Raia Moentgen are now canon in ss13 code
They can now join the cool kids club with Savannah Ivanov and Marlowe Treeby
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #674804

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:39 pm Final note:
Admins: NoTeS aRe NoT a PuNiShMeNt
Also admins: Has many recent notes, some including random bombings, and a few bans during this month as well.
I thought we all collectively agreed that notes ARE punishment now. It's 2023 for goodness sake