I will make a one time donation of $150 USD to the servers within the week if MSO agrees to hardban felinids for 2 years

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

I will make a one time donation of $150 USD to the servers within the week if MSO agrees to hardban felinids for 2 years

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676145

Terms: All servers ban felinids as a playable race, no grandfathered felinids, implementation can be delayed until payment clears via PayPal but must be effective for 24 months after implementation completes, $150 USD is net of third party fees such as Patreon etc. within reason (ie $200 gross $150 net to server not something stupid and scammy like $200+ to get $150 to the servers)

Since democracy sucks let's settle this the ancapistan way.

More importantly I'd like to see if khajits put their money where their hairball holes are by putting up a counteroffer to keep felinids playable. Nyaaah~
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: I will make a one time donation of $150 USD to the servers within the week if MSO agrees to hardban felinids for 2 y

Post by kinnebian » #676146

MSO is known for his capitalistic greed
respect (let him do his thing)
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: I will make a one time donation of $150 USD to the servers within the week if MSO agrees to hardban felinids for 2 y

Post by Fatal » #676148

This is a drop in ocean I believe regarding server finances, but any money is useful

I think of you added more you have more chance personally
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #676149

Others could join in, end up making a bidding war
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #676150

the felind fanatics will outbid you
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676151

Fatal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:29 am This is a drop in ocean I believe regarding server finances, but any money is useful

I think of you added more you have more chance personally
Arbitrarily I don't want to commit more than my YouTube revenue so far.

Also open to counteroffers by MSO given my price cap
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #676156

Appraising your offer, I believe you'll need to start with at least $1000 to even be considered. Further, you're targeting a sub-set of players that are particularly willing to pay money to feed their fetish addiction (ask any furry artist). So you need to also consider the loss of revenue that you will incur by losing these player's income.

Also 2 years is an extremely long time. I'd give you chances if your offer moves in the range of roughly $30.000. Other than that, it is not going to be a deal.

With material regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #676157

$150 for a period spanning two years is $6 per month
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #676159

Ill add 200, if you also ban lizards.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676160

LeekiLoku wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:13 pm Ill add 200, if you also ban lizards.
We're up to about tree fiddy, folks.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676164

BONERMASTER wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:45 am Appraising your offer, I believe you'll need to start with at least $1000 to even be considered. Further, you're targeting a sub-set of players that are particularly willing to pay money to feed their fetish addiction (ask any furry artist). So you need to also consider the loss of revenue that you will incur by losing these player's income.

Also 2 years is an extremely long time. I'd give you chances if your offer moves in the range of roughly $30.000. Other than that, it is not going to be a deal.

With material regards
-BONERMASTER
We're not all highly compensated internet lawyers.
Also by my reckoning the payment of $150 is about 3% of annual gross Patreon revenue. Are felinids contributing 3%? It's time for them to stand up and be counted.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #676166

$150.00 is barely anything for something that will have such a huge impact over a long time period. Probably not even enough to get him to do it for a day. Get real.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #676174

You might be able to buy him out for $1500, but I wouldn't bet on it. Everyone appreciates a bribe but that's insultingly low.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #676176

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:24 pm
LeekiLoku wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:13 pm Ill add 200, if you also ban lizards.
$350 over 24 months is about $14.50 per month, starting to approach "usually generous patreon contributor" but not "ultimatum deliverer"
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #676177

Is this how lobbying works
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676178

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:44 pm You might be able to buy him out for $1500, but I wouldn't bet on it. Everyone appreciates a bribe but that's insultingly low.
Insultingly low? I toiled in the Alphabet salt mines for the equivalent pay rate of about $2/hr to gather this budget.
While monetarily insignificant, rest assured this is a form of blood money coming home and thereby closing a loop from tg/fulp through Google through me back to tg.
https://youtu.be/V9XeyBd_IuA
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #676179

Assuming this isn't a joke, something like this will hopefully never happen. If MSO is willing to bend his knee to the highest bidder... well it'd be time to find a new server.
It keeps getting worse!?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #676182

Jacquerel wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:46 pm
dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:24 pm
$350 over 24 months is about $14.50 per month, starting to approach "usually generous patreon contributor" but not "ultimatum deliverer"
I don't know if I'd let someone drag me into the drama dimension for that very low amount but it is up front which is pretty good. but moneytarily 150 or 350 this dude aint got the dosh to make it worthwhile for TWO YEARS. half the time to one year and it's already 29$ a month which is at least worth raising eyebrows
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #676183

I ran the numbers on the current patrons and the furries out number the normals 2:1 in patrons and 4:1 in dollar amount.

So now I want $600 $1400 USD to *not* do what the op is asking me to do.

Should be no problem right?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #676184

i’ll pay 2 stones and a stick
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #676185

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:31 pm I ran the numbers on the current patrons and the furries out number the normals 2:1 in patrons and 4:1 in dollar amount.

felinids are not furries you’re gonna have to run your numbers again
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676186

bd23b99f2961468ee4fc39a95f6a3e2d.jpg
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #676189

i'm doing the thing where i'm inverting my pockets and a single fly whizzes out from the left pocket
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #676191

MrStonedOne wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:31 pm I ran the numbers on the current patrons and the furries out number the normals 2:1 in patrons and 4:1 in dollar amount.

Is this to not remove felinids?
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #676198

Mice World wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:22 pm Assuming this isn't a joke, something like this will hopefully never happen. If MSO is willing to bend his knee to the highest bidder... well it'd be time to find a new server.
How is losing felinid players a bad thing?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #676200

kayozz wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:29 pm How is losing felinid players a bad thing?
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #676219

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:37 pm

felinids are not furries you’re gonna have to run your numbers again

With copious regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #676220

kayozz wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:29 pm How is losing felinid players a bad thing?
It isn't just about this one change. Despite playing a felinid, I wouldn't care if they get removed.

People should never be able to influence the sever with money. It only benefits the host, while potentially ruining the game for everyone else.
It keeps getting worse!?
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #676225

How much would it cost to axe moths? I'll do $350
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #676226

How much would it cost to remove humans
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #676228

How much would it cost to close the server forever
► Show Spoiler
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #676230

Mice World wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm
It isn't just about this one change. Despite playing a felinid, I wouldn't care if they get removed.

People should never be able to influence the sever with money. It only benefits the host, while potentially ruining the game for everyone else.
I'm joking don't worry.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676236

I do not support adding the anti moths to our coalition at this time because to be honest it doesn't seem needed. Not a single felinid has stepped up to the plate yet. Where y'all at?
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #676241

kayozz wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:21 pm
Mice World wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm

I'm joking don't worry.
i wasn't
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #676250

i spent more on the tram this is some weak shit
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #676262

OP thinks 150 is a significant amount of money. If MSO actually wanted to make money off felinids, he should just make it a patreon subscriber option at 5 bucks per month. If 30 people want to play felinids then MSO can be pulling in 150 per month and I guarantee it would be more than that.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #676264

150 bucks for two years is pretty weak.
Hugs
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #676265

The tg patreon make 350 bucks per month, by simply doing absolutley nothing for an entire month MSO can get double than what you're asking for. Step up your game
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #676267

Misdoubtful wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:42 pm 150 bucks for two years is pretty weak.
even the 350 is like mso working at mcdonalds 1 hour every month
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #676268

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:48 pm The tg patreon make 350 bucks per month, by simply doing absolutley nothing for an entire month MSO can get double than what you're asking for. Step up your game
Alright Felinid-haters we need to form a financial lobbying group to pull a couple grand together if we are serious about this.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #676274

We could do a gofundme
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #676292

Adam Klein wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:11 pm We could do a gofundme
or you could subscribe to the tgstation patreon
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #676299

Ill pay you that much if you remove ALL races apart from human.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #676383

Armhulen wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:36 pm
Adam Klein wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:11 pm We could do a gofundme
or you could subscribe to the tgstation patreon
In a few days if no felinids even mention what their counter is, I intend to ask MSO how he'd like to arrange the payment (I assume there'd be some kind of donor category set up through Patreon for me to pay once then unsubscribe but idk).

I'll also suggest like a $2 (or something similarly low 50 cents maybe) antifelinid rider membership on Patreon to track this amongst donors. I don't know how Patreon works.

People can say $150 is an insult, but if that's insulting what is $0?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #676389

Okay, no, for real, what the fuck is it with you people and felinids? Go outside, get a fucking life. Jesus.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #676403

i bet that if this really went through, the amount of people who wouldn't renew their subscriptions would just immediately outweigh whatever gains hope to be earned. that is unless more people decide to play on /tg/ and donate more to /tg/ due to the felinid ban, but why hedge your bets on a slim likelihood?
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #676410

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:37 am People can say $150 is an insult, but if that's insulting what is $0?
a slur
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #676412

Vekter wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:51 am Okay, no, for real, what the fuck is it with you people and felinids? Go outside, get a fucking life. Jesus.
They obsess over felinids more than actual Felinid players do.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #676484

Who cares? I find felinids to be creativly boring but others can have their own opinions, I also find it a bad precident to be able to bribe the host with like 350 bucks for a pure removal.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #676490

I'll give the server my left testicle if Crag's Snalien idea is actually implemented.
Last edited by AsbestosSniffer on Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.