Henry Revealed To Be Mastermind Behind Reiders Insanity Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Henry Revealed To Be Mastermind Behind Reiders Insanity Peanut

Post by Kendrickorium » #680060

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33835

damn you, Henry.
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Re: Henry Revealed To Be Mastermind Behind Reiders Insanity Peanut

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #680144

Am not going to care about 15 brute damage even with reiders history. He had a reason for it and if the player wants he can escalation against him.

IC ISSUE
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #680148

datorangebottle wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:03 pm I genuinely don't have to answer this question and, given the attitude of the few people in this thread who disagree with me, answering it does nothing but put me in a worse place. Either "Someone adminhelped", which puts pressure on the person who was involved and makes them much less likely to adminhelp in the future, or "I did it of my own volition", which (in your eyes) makes me look like an asshole.
A fair point to make. I have a couple of counterpoints, even if they're unlikely to change anything about your stance.
Making someone adminhelp less about things that are clear IC issues is a net benefit, as it wastes less peoples' time.
You already look like an asshole in my eyes for acting on something that (in my opinion, admittedly) wasn't actionable.
I've cooled down a bit by now. I'm just concerned, because I usually just assume that an admin got involved because of an ahelp. The way it looks is that a player decided to get the pettiest revenge possible for someone else getting to the gloves before them, by remembering that Reider had a very public ban about firelock crushing a little while back and ahelping it to get him banned again.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't think we should ever be telling players they can't adminhelp about issues, as long as they're being respectful and not abusing the feature. We can handle case-by-case issues when it comes to overuse or abuse of admins, but I don't see an issue with someone just going "Hey, this person did something I don't like, are they allowed to do that?". Worst case scenario, we just tell them "Yes, that's fine" and maybe also tell them why it's okay. I don't want people to think they can't come to admins over problems they're seeing, even if it's something fairly minor.

There's also some concern that telling you that someone adminhelped it would result in the person who adminhelped being harassed over it. "But Vekter, that's stupid! Who would do that?" It's happened before, more than once, and I prefer not letting it happen again.

As for my appearance to you or anyone else, I don't really care that much, but I also don't feel like spending the rest of the week having people dogpile me over something that I think was justified.

Regarding the last part of your post, that's possible, but Reider shouldn't be doing shit that got him noted in the past anyway. I'm not usually worried about motivations regarding why someone adminhelps something unless I find out they're lying or banbaiting.
Shellton(Mario) wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:05 pm Am not going to care about 15 brute damage even with reiders history. He had a reason for it and if the player wants he can escalation against him.

IC ISSUE
Yeah, but at what point does that become detrimental to the server? People shouldn't have to walk around concerned that Reider is going to want something they want as well and they'll have to get into a full on fight over it. On the flipside, Reider shouldn't get free fights to win just because someone retaliated against him.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #680151

Vekter didnt you say "IC Issue" for when sinfulbliss hit me with a bottle into crit then proceeded to kill me. He wasnt even a antag.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #680152

I wouldnt say its detrimental if he has moderate in character justifications for doing that and the victim has a choice to escalate or cut their loses. If they choose to escalate then they can do so in ways that don't involve hand to hand combat and just annoy the living shit out of them. Its not like bro is crippling them for the rest of the round
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #680155

LeekiLoku wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:32 pm Vekter didnt you say "IC Issue" for when sinfulbliss hit me with a bottle into crit then proceeded to kill me. He wasnt even a antag.
Every situation is different. I don't even remember the specific one you're referring to.
Shellton(Mario) wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:40 pm I wouldnt say its detrimental if he has moderate in character justifications for doing that and the victim has a choice to escalate or cut their loses. If they choose to escalate then they can do so in ways that don't involve hand to hand combat and just annoy the living shit out of them. Its not like bro is crippling them for the rest of the round
I mean, again, it's a matter of how often it happens with Reider. His IC justifications for behavior like this are routinely poor. In a vacuum, yes, this would have been an IC issue. This isn't a vacuum and Reider has been noted for doing this kind of thing multiple times.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #680158

ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:16 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:53 pm Roundstart tech storage fighting is NRP cringe. Treat the round as if it hasn't just started and play normally, not that hard. They're both cringe shits.
Complaining about NRP assistants... on Terry...
it's hard to believe you actually play on Terry with opinions like this.
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:20 pm No idea on what I'll rule on as despite me not viewing this as an issue he does have a history & tried to make an excuse (which I don't entirely believe.)
All a history can do is amplify an issue, and make the punishment for reoccurring offences harsher. Having a history does not make a something that is not an issue into an issue.
Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:56 pm If everyone was playing like the person in question, would everyone leave for more enjoyable servers?
Irrelevant. He was an assistant. If we applied the standard for assistants to every job, of course the server would go to shit.
Assistants' primary function is to do minor grief and be sec content, change my mind.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:59 pm Appeal denied.
Vekter denying an appeal? Who could've seen this coming?
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm The appropriate response to "someone might take something before I can" is not "crush them with a firelock so I can get to it first", it's "GO GET ANOTHER ONE SOMEWHERE ELSE".
You're not here to educate Reider on how to be polite, but to enforce rules. Point to the rule he actually broke.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm 1) Reider's reason for attacking the other player was stupid, and
2) Reider has done this far, far more times than is really reasonable.
His reason was valid per escalation policy as others have explained, and having done valid actions in the past is irrelevant.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect people to act like adults when we have an 18+ rule. If someone might get something you want before you, try to get it first. If you don't, oh fucking well. Maybe you don't get that item for the round. Insulated gloves aren't mandatory to your enjoyment of the game. Maybe you go somewhere else to get them, as I suggested in the appeal.

The player acting like an adult (OOC) is not the same as the character acting like an adult.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm
Very harmless tiding like this is a net benefit to the servers, because it serves as a baseline chaos that gives antags breathing room.
You're right in moderation. The issue comes when it becomes the general norm of the server for people to do shit like this. I banned Reider because it's a constant issue with him. You should be allowed to greytide a little as a treat, but if you make it your entire personality, you are going to get your shit kicked in.
Assistants like Reider make for sec content and create the potential for interesting interactions.
The admin's job is not to be untouchable security. As the representative of the Security Officers' Union, I have to say: stop taking our jobs!
Terry is a light roleplaying server. NRP is not tolerated in any /tg/ server. Roundstart tech storage tiding is a cancer to the community and needs to get purged. Just play the game normally, and you won't get into issues like this.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #680163

The tech storage exists to be a space for greys to get things without resorting to raiding the departments. It is literally the place for tiding.
Image Image
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #680165

Boot wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:31 pm The tech storage exists to be a space for greys to get things without resorting to raiding the departments. It is literally the place for tiding.
This is false. The tech storage exists to store tech, mainly circuit boards. Engineers can use it to replace machinery before they have been researched. Scientists can use them for research purposes.

Roundstart raiding the tech storage is literally NRP. It is making a habit of what to do when the round starts, and becomes a literal gaming strategy. There is zero RP in this. Anyone that raids the tech storage roundstart should get removed from the community for quality control.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #680168

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:47 pm
Boot wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:31 pm The tech storage exists to be a space for greys to get things without resorting to raiding the departments. It is literally the place for tiding.
This is false. The tech storage exists to store tech, mainly circuit boards. Engineers can use it to replace machinery before they have been researched. Scientists can use them for research purposes.

Roundstart raiding the tech storage is literally NRP. It is making a habit of what to do when the round starts, and becomes a literal gaming strategy. There is zero RP in this. Anyone that raids the tech storage roundstart should get removed from the community for quality control.
For the record, I don't think this mentality is healthy, either. I think it's an established Thing that people do and that it shouldn't be outright banned. In fact, that's not even what resulted in this - I give very few shits about Reider stealing from Tech Storage.

I do think Engineering should be able to defend it like they do their department and that trespassing should open you up to retaliation, though. It should be better protected than it is.
Spoiler:

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #680169

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:47 pm

You really gonna act like sci lads rushing tech storage to run through the entire research tree wasn't them using a "gaming strategy"? I know its been a hot minute but this is normal.
Image Image
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680184

IC ISSUE
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #680192

Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:39 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 pm I think that the crew getting violent with each other over petty matters is a *good* thing, especially in cases like this where there's clearly no intent to continue harming someone... I dont like the idea that the only reason you ever cause damage to someone is that you want to crit/kill them. Death matches over stupid stuff sucks, but removing low-level violence like punching someone because they're taking all the good tools you wanted makes me sad. `
Again, it's worth noting that this is a problem of sheer volume. I don't agree that you should constantly come to blows over extremely petty things, but the rules don't agree with me in general. It's allowed, as long as it's not a constant issue.

Reider has been a constant issue for months now.
When I play sec I literally can't walk down the hallway without getting shovestunned and shoes stolen by Reider when I haven't even provoked him. And he also seems to have a metagang that will get him out of legit arrests for it which is also fun to deal with. I'd be chill with it every once in a while but seemingly all he does is roll assistant and do this
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680193

skill issue?
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680194

I really hope reider continues this so that we can get Timber's Closing Thoughts™
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #680195

The problem is NOT that Reider doorcrushed Henry.
The problem is that Reider did it completely unprovoked, without saying anything, and without any retaliation from the victim before the doorcrush.
Henry had no interactions with Reider before and after the "fight", and the only thing Henry has done after that was basically make a security report.
This isn't even a case of whether Reider deserved the ban, this just feels absurdly petty to start a fight over, an assistant beating up someone over them getting to something before him.

Code: Select all

05:03:10	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Security, Reider Meza firelock crushed me for no reason."	(122, 106, 2)	Engineering Hallway
05:03:12	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Arrest 'em."	(122, 106, 2)	Engineering Hallway
05:04:05	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Ah, right."	(126, 105, 2)	Engineering Hallway
05:04:08	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Mind getting me insuls from inside?"	(126, 105, 2)	Engineering Hallway
05:04:15	SAY	SpacemanTom/(Alpha-05) "Henry Kherring, you should acquire medical assistance."	(124, 105, 2)	Engineering Hallway
05:05:13	EMOTE	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...	(79, 144, 3)	Command Hallway
05:05:13	EMOTE	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) claps.	(79, 144, 3)	Command Hallway
05:05:35	EMOTE	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...	(81, 141, 3)	Command Hallway
05:05:35	EMOTE	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) claps.	(81, 141, 3)	Command Hallway
05:05:38	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "OY"	(79, 130, 3)	Command Hallway
05:05:44	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Just wanna know"	(68, 124, 3)	Port Tram Dock
05:05:47	SAY	Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Did you nab Meza yet"	(68, 124, 3)	Port Tram Dock
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/203 ... e=game.txt
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #680205

At least one mention of Firelock occurs in every Reider ban appeal
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #680206

tbh I would probably do what he did too. I fondly remember seeing my fellow assistant take the tech storage glubs in front of me, deciding to grab the flash and using it steal the glubs for myself. It's a good IC conflict.
Vekter has mentioned it to be a rule 7 ban, which is... maybe? If all he's capable of doing as assistant is being a malicious loot goblin then he probably should be taking a break from it.
► Show Spoiler
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #680207

Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:56 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:00 pm What is 'degenerate gameplay' even supposed to mean?
If everyone was playing like the person in question, would everyone leave for more enjoyable servers?
Do they increase the fun of the round, or are they a fun leeching parasite for their own enjoyment?
^This^
ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:16 pm Complaining about NRP assistants... on Terry...
it's hard to believe you actually play on Terry with opinions like this.

[...]

Irrelevant. He was an assistant. If we applied the standard for assistants to every job, of course the server would go to shit.
Assistants' primary function is to do minor grief and be sec content, change my mind.
No amount of leniency in enforcement trends is going to exempt people from getting enforced on to the proper level, be it for server or job.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm
E: The forums didn't tell me Sinful posted before I did because they are bad.
This is a feature the forum software makes me manually enable for every subforum i want it on.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680210

BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:53 am
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 pm I think that the crew getting violent with each other over petty matters is a *good* thing, especially in cases like this where there's clearly no intent to continue harming someone... I dont like the idea that the only reason you ever cause damage to someone is that you want to crit/kill them. Death matches over stupid stuff sucks, but removing low-level violence like punching someone because they're taking all the good tools you wanted makes me sad. `
Again, it's worth noting that this is a problem of sheer volume. I don't agree that you should constantly come to blows over extremely petty things, but the rules don't agree with me in general. It's allowed, as long as it's not a constant issue.

When I play sec I literally can't walk down the hallway without getting shovestunned and shoes stolen by Reider when I haven't even provoked him. And he also seems to have a metagang that will get him out of legit arrests for it which is also fun to deal with. I'd be chill with it every once in a while but seemingly all he does is roll assistant and do this
I am honestly flabbergasted you are as old as you are, with as many sec hours as you have (i assume it’s a lot), and you’re still coping over getting your shoes stolen. My brother in christ how have you not adapted to it yet.

I got my shoes and gun and batong and whatever else stolen ON THE DAILY, multiphase teleshield? The teleshield has a fucking expiration date on it. ON THE DAILY. Eventually I stopped caring and just began shooting red lasers at the bad things. If they continued they got gulag. It seems to work fairly well.

You have to have a 3 inch penis to care about losing your shoes, yes EVERY round, who cares man? My god!!
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #680218

Striders13 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:33 am tbh I would probably do what he did too. I fondly remember seeing my fellow assistant take the tech storage glubs in front of me, deciding to grab the flash and using it steal the glubs for myself. It's a good IC conflict.
Vekter has mentioned it to be a rule 7 ban, which is... maybe? If all he's capable of doing as assistant is being a malicious loot goblin then he probably should be taking a break from it.
I could see if that way if you did it by nonharmfully disabling him - just pushing him and flashing/cablecuffing him before making off with the gloves.
Doorcrushing him? Bleh.

Also Reider has the nasty habit of going catatonic the moment Security catches and tries to brig him.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #680219

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:03 am

I am honestly flabbergasted you are as old as you are, with as many sec hours as you have (i assume it’s a lot), and you’re still coping over getting your shoes stolen. My brother in christ how have you not adapted to it yet.

I got my shoes and gun and batong and whatever else stolen ON THE DAILY, multiphase teleshield? The teleshield has a fucking expiration date on it. ON THE DAILY. Eventually I stopped caring and just began shooting red lasers at the bad things. If they continued they got gulag. It seems to work fairly well.

You have to have a 3 inch penis to care about losing your shoes, yes EVERY round, who cares man? My god!!
If I'm looking at it from a gameplay perspective then I don't really give a fuck whether I'm wearing my round start jackboots or not. But from an IC perspective it doesn't make sense for an assistant to shove over a sec officer and steal his shoes. Also doesn't make sense for said sec officer to shrug his shoulders and ignore it. You're looking at it from a gameplay perspective whereas I'm looking at it from a roleplay perspective. Realistically assistants smashing every window in EVA also isn't going to affect anyone's game but as an officer hired by NT to protect the stations assets, I should probably care about that type of thing.

Considering that headmins have ruled that a clown's shit gimmick should not be repeated more than one round, I don't see why Reider's shoe gimmick is getting repeated as often as it is. Seems like it's being looked into, it's just a slower process. There's also nothing wrong with a three inch penis, it's about the motion of the ocean bro
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #680221

BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:59 am

If I'm looking at it from a gameplay perspective then I don't really give a fuck whether I'm wearing my round start jackboots or not. But from an IC perspective it doesn't make sense for an assistant to shove over a sec officer and steal his shoes. Also doesn't make sense for said sec officer to shrug his shoulders and ignore it. You're looking at it from a gameplay perspective whereas I'm looking at it from a roleplay perspective. Realistically assistants smashing every window in EVA also isn't going to affect anyone's game but as an officer hired by NT to protect the stations assets, I should probably care about that type of thing.

Considering that headmins have ruled that a clown's shit gimmick should not be repeated more than one round, I don't see why Reider's shoe gimmick is getting repeated as often as it is. Seems like it's being looked into, it's just a slower process. There's also nothing wrong with a three inch penis, it's about the motion of the ocean bro
Unrelated to the rest of the post we did not rule that it could not be repeated only that it should not be repeated on a regular basis.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #680223

You have to have a 3 inch penis [...]
can you not.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680228

Unsane wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:32 am At least one mention of Firelock occurs in every Reider ban appeal
Scriptis, please find out how many times the word "firelock" has been used in all the reider threads and appeals, please

I will give you one Shaps ERP token for this
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680229

Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:43 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:49 pm
Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:38 pm
Cheshify wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:36 pm "Headmin Review"
Ok Karen
Headmin Review

ill be making an admin complaint, thanks for this

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CANT READ

"methinks a line has to be drawn in the sand when everyone's playing the "how-close-can-i-get-to-making-a-low-effort-post-chain" that gets people warned eventually pretty much every time and post announcement + merging into rules post + previous warning one should know better than to leave their post devoid of content in a manner that seems incredibly easy to start a low effort post chain from"
-Armhulen, 2023
I missed you, never leave me again kenddy
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #680235

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:07 am
Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:43 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:49 pm
Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:38 pm
Cheshify wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:36 pm "Headmin Review"
Ok Karen
Headmin Review

ill be making an admin complaint, thanks for this

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CANT READ

"methinks a line has to be drawn in the sand when everyone's playing the "how-close-can-i-get-to-making-a-low-effort-post-chain" that gets people warned eventually pretty much every time and post announcement + merging into rules post + previous warning one should know better than to leave their post devoid of content in a manner that seems incredibly easy to start a low effort post chain from"
-Armhulen, 2023
I missed you, never leave me again kenddy
Why does each of your screencaps make my eyes bleed
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #680236

Sec officers don't start with red lasers so your strategy only works by default for one hos, hop, captain per round
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #680240

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:15 pm Terry is a light roleplaying server. NRP is not tolerated in any /tg/ server. Roundstart tech storage tiding is a cancer to the community and needs to get purged. Just play the game normally, and you won't get into issues like this.
You have my point of view all wrong. I'm not the assistant getting banned for tiding. I'm the sec officer whose rounds have less stuff to do because nobody is tiding because the admins took our jobs!!
See here:
ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:16 pm The admin's job is not to be untouchable security. As the representative of the Security Officers' Union, I have to say: stop taking our jobs!

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:47 pm Roundstart raiding the tech storage is literally NRP. It is making a habit of what to do when the round starts, and becomes a literal gaming strategy. There is zero RP in this. Anyone that raids the tech storage roundstart should get removed from the community for quality control.
Have you tried Manuel? Serious question. Your forum opinions make me think you'd fit in better in Manuel. Of course, it's up to you in the end.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680243

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:03 am I am honestly flabbergasted you are as old as you are, with as many sec hours as you have (i assume it’s a lot), and you’re still coping over getting your shoes stolen. My brother in christ how have you not adapted to it yet.

From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense for you to hack into a department instead of knocking or PDA’ing a worker to open the door for you. From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense to grab a toolbelt and insuls to begin with if you don’t have an engineering project in mind for the round. From a roleplay perspective you should go to security before getting into a fight to report the person for assault and play by the rules.

This is why the server is called L (low) RP. You get to think about more stuff in terms of a gameplay perspective, and the idea is that this freedom and laxity opens up the game more in a way that could create for unique roleplay scenarios alongside it.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #680244

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 am

From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense for you to hack into a department instead of knocking or PDA’ing a worker to open the door for you. From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense to grab a toolbelt and insuls to begin with if you don’t have an engineering project in mind for the round. From a roleplay perspective you should go to security before getting into a fight to report the person for assault and play by the rules.

This is why the server is called L (low) RP. You get to think about more stuff in terms of a gameplay perspective, and the idea is that this freedom and laxity opens up the game more in a way that could create for unique roleplay scenarios alongside it.
From a gameplay perspective there is no reason to steal jackboots from security other than to start a fight with security.

I'm not seeing the uniqueness in "goad people to fight you, then ghost when caught".
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #680248

Archie700 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:28 am I'm not seeing the uniqueness in "goad people to fight you, then ghost when caught".

Infamy is as valid a reason to commit an act, as it is the material worth of the shoes or gloves being very little other than to image or clout as to being known as to be a capable and actively dangerous greytider micro-celebrity with access to the means to wreak chaos.

Spoiler:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #680249

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 am From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense for you to hack into a department instead of knocking or PDA’ing a worker to open the door for you. From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense to grab a toolbelt and insuls to begin with if you don’t have an engineering project in mind for the round. From a roleplay perspective you should go to security before getting into a fight to report the person for assault and play by the rules.

From a gameplay perspective, getting those items is fine. Getting those items and threatening to round remove someone if the fight escalates enough over a pair of gloves is shitty. Behaving like that over the course of multiple rounds is excessive griefing.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #680250

IC issue. I know I've certainly been firelocked for less.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680256

conrad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:16 pm From a gameplay perspective, getting those items is fine. Getting those items and threatening to round remove someone if the fight escalates enough over a pair of gloves is shitty. Behaving like that over the course of multiple rounds is excessive griefing.
Funny how it's the Manuel players (plus honorary Manuel player Turbonerd who is actually a Terry player) saying that this is unacceptable, but the Terry players - this incident having taken place on Terry - seem fine with it.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #680257

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:32 am
Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:15 pm Terry is a light roleplaying server. NRP is not tolerated in any /tg/ server. Roundstart tech storage tiding is a cancer to the community and needs to get purged. Just play the game normally, and you won't get into issues like this.
You have my point of view all wrong. I'm not the assistant getting banned for tiding. I'm the sec officer whose rounds have less stuff to do because nobody is tiding because the admins took our jobs!!
See here:
ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:16 pm The admin's job is not to be untouchable security. As the representative of the Security Officers' Union, I have to say: stop taking our jobs!

Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:47 pm Roundstart raiding the tech storage is literally NRP. It is making a habit of what to do when the round starts, and becomes a literal gaming strategy. There is zero RP in this. Anyone that raids the tech storage roundstart should get removed from the community for quality control.
Have you tried Manuel? Serious question. Your forum opinions make me think you'd fit in better in Manuel. Of course, it's up to you in the end.
Your perception of Terry is wrong. Terry is an RP server, hence why these NRPers are getting banned. You don't decide the rules.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680258

Turbonerd wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:44 pm Your perception of Terry is wrong. Terry is an RP server, hence why these NRPers are getting banned. You don't decide the rules.
Your perception of NRP is wrong. Your LRP is actually MRP and your NRP is actually LRP.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680259

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:48 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:44 pm Your perception of Terry is wrong. Terry is an RP server, hence why these NRPers are getting banned. You don't decide the rules.
Your perception of NRP is wrong. Your LRP is actually MRP and your NRP is actually LRP.
these are nothing words. you are saying nothing.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680260

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:52 pm
Can you read English? I'm saying his perception of RP is shifted one tier higher than it should be. What he calls NRP is actually LRP, and what he calls LRP is actually MRP.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #680261

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:43 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:16 pm From a gameplay perspective, getting those items is fine. Getting those items and threatening to round remove someone if the fight escalates enough over a pair of gloves is shitty. Behaving like that over the course of multiple rounds is excessive griefing.
Funny how it's the Manuel players (plus honorary Manuel player Turbonerd who is actually a Terry player) saying that this is unacceptable, but the Terry players - this incident having taken place on Terry - seem fine with it.
Conrad is a Manuel player??? Tearing down my framed picture of him rn
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #680262

our LURP is closer to NURP than MURP. That's worrying.
I wonder if we need a server with an even lower ruleset so people could realize how unfun it is when everyone plays like this
Every NURP'D UP server that has ever existed has died but it's clear people need more proof that starting every interaction where you want something by firelock crushing is bad
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680266

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:57 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:52 pm
Can you read English? I'm saying his perception of RP is shifted one tier higher than it should be. What he calls NRP is actually LRP, and what he calls LRP is actually MRP.
you say these words but i dont think you have an understanding of these words deeper than “NRP = less rules = good, MRP = more rules = BAD!!!!”
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680267

like you called conrad a manuel player bro. you’re simply embarrassing yourself. you’ve conflated your perception of the world into “Things I Dislike = MANUEL MEDIUM ROLEPLAY”
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #680270

conrad

Post by conrad » #680271

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:43 pm
lol I don't play Manuel

Don't you get tired of being wrong?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680272

conrad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:25 pm lol I don't play Manuel
You can't fool me, MRPer. I know you used to play on Manuel and only recently switched to LRP, hoping I wouldn't notice so that you could then say I was wrong!
conrad

Post by conrad » #680273

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:27 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:25 pm lol I don't play Manuel
You can't fool me, MRPer. I know you used to play on Manuel and only recently switched to LRP, hoping I wouldn't notice so that you could then say I was wrong!
I don't really care about what you notice or don't notice. I do find amusing that you just entrenched yourself in this bunker of incorrectness that no one here takes you seriously anymore.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680274

iwishforducks wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:12 pm you say these words but i dont think you have an understanding of these words deeper than “NRP = less rules = good, MRP = more rules = BAD!!!!”
Full NRP is not good. At that point, everyone would be rolling sec for easier access to weapons and it would just be a deathmatch rather than an RPG - which can be fun, but is not what SS13 is about.
It's not as linear as your strawman paints it, but even more rules than we have now is not what LRP players in general, myself included, are looking for. Maybe a little bit less, maybe exactly what we have now, but not more. If that's what you want, you're better off in MRP.
Last edited by ekaterina on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #680276

I hope we do the NURP test. I genuinely think a NURP server would be the dream of many players right now, and yet, I think it'd be dead by the end.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680277

It's also worth noting that Sybil and Terry, both nominally LRP, have different standards of roleplay in practice. Perhaps the nomenclature should be changed to reflect these different cultures.

Medium Roleplay for Manuel, Light Roleplay for Sybil, Even Lighter Roleplay for Terry.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #680278

I've been tided against once after creating a new character name and identity. I've found talking things out and having your baton ready for when you walk in the same hall as someone with combat constantly enabled is a pretty surefire way to keep your shoes.

Assume all assistants are bulls, they see your red uniform and they charge, and just don't sit still.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #680289

Unsane wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:32 am At least one mention of Firelock occurs in every Reider ban appeal
There's a reason for that, and having read and handled enough Reider tickets, it has to do with how he sees the game as something to be solved instead of something to be enjoyed or a role-playing game.
Spoiler: