Henry Revealed To Be Mastermind Behind Reiders Insanity Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Henry Revealed To Be Mastermind Behind Reiders Insanity Peanut

Post by Kendrickorium » #680060

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33835

damn you, Henry.
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Henry Revealed To Be Mastermind Behind Reiders Insanity Peanut

Post by Vekter » #680289

Unsane wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:32 am At least one mention of Firelock occurs in every Reider ban appeal
There's a reason for that, and having read and handled enough Reider tickets, it has to do with how he sees the game as something to be solved instead of something to be enjoyed or a role-playing game.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #680328

kieth4 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:04 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:59 am
Considering that headmins have ruled that a clown's shit gimmick should not be repeated more than one round, I don't see why Reider's shoe gimmick is getting repeated as often as it is. Seems like it's being looked into, it's just a slower process. There's also nothing wrong with a three inch penis, it's about the motion of the ocean bro
Unrelated to the rest of the post we did not rule that it could not be repeated only that it should not be repeated on a regular basis.
Ah my bad I misread it.
Chadley wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:38 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:53 am When I play sec I literally can't walk down the hallway without getting shovestunned and shoes stolen by Reider when I haven't even provoked him. And he also seems to have a metagang that will get him out of legit arrests for it which is also fun to deal with. I'd be chill with it every once in a while but seemingly all he does is roll assistant and do this
I've been tided against once after creating a new character name and identity. I've found talking things out and having your baton ready for when you walk in the same hall as someone with combat constantly enabled is a pretty surefire way to keep your shoes.

Assume all assistants are bulls, they see your red uniform and they charge, and just don't sit still.
Having your baton out is a good way to get it taken.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 am From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense for you to hack into a department instead of knocking or PDA’ing a worker to open the door for you. From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense to grab a toolbelt and insuls to begin with if you don’t have an engineering project in mind for the round. From a roleplay perspective you should go to security before getting into a fight to report the person for assault and play by the rules.

This is why the server is called L (low) RP. You get to think about more stuff in terms of a gameplay perspective, and the idea is that this freedom and laxity opens up the game more in a way that could create for unique roleplay scenarios alongside it.
Yea but whats the unique roleplay scenario behind getting my boots taken every round? My standards for LRP might be higher idk, my bare minimum standard is having a good in character reason for what you do while not having dumb restrictions like "oh youre a chemist how would you know how to do surgery" placed on you. If a clown slipped me and stole my boots I'd probably still arrest him, but I wouldn't complain about it because he has an IC reason to do it. What I'm saying is Reider is engaging in clown tier behavior. I'm also not complaining about any of the above situations you listed. They're completely different from consistently getting into NRP tier shove matches.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #680336

BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:43 pm
Chadley wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:38 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:53 am When I play sec I literally can't walk down the hallway without getting shovestunned and shoes stolen by Reider when I haven't even provoked him. And he also seems to have a metagang that will get him out of legit arrests for it which is also fun to deal with. I'd be chill with it every once in a while but seemingly all he does is roll assistant and do this
I've been tided against once after creating a new character name and identity. I've found talking things out and having your baton ready for when you walk in the same hall as someone with combat constantly enabled is a pretty surefire way to keep your shoes.

Assume all assistants are bulls, they see your red uniform and they charge, and just don't sit still.
Having your baton out is a good way to get it taken.
Shift + E, Z
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #680344

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 am From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense for you to hack into a department instead of knocking or PDA’ing a worker to open the door for you. From a roleplay perspective it doesn’t make sense to grab a toolbelt and insuls to begin with if you don’t have an engineering project in mind for the round. From a roleplay perspective you should go to security before getting into a fight to report the person for assault and play by the rules.

This is why the server is called L (low) RP. You get to think about more stuff in terms of a gameplay perspective, and the idea is that this freedom and laxity opens up the game more in a way that could create for unique roleplay scenarios alongside it.
Yes, but you can't ignore the RP part of LRP. There is no RP involved in wordlessly smashing someone with a firelock and taking a pair of gloves they wanted.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680347

Armhulen wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:07 pm I wonder if we need a server with an even lower ruleset so people could realize how unfun it is when everyone plays like this
it would be very popular, depending on the admins running/busing the server

unfortunately all the hippie refuge seekers would end up there

I liked the aboves idea about having terry be slightly lower than sybil and manuel in rp rules
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #680348

Fuck off, dont lower Terrys rp level, europe only has one and if you are adimant on lowering the rp level on a server make it Bagil or Sybil since there are two american lrp servers.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #680349

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:08 pm Fuck off, dont lower Terrys rp level, europe only has one and if you are adimant on lowering the rp level on a server make it Bagil or Sybil since there are two american lrp servers.
This is a relevant objection, but the change as above proposed wouldn't actually change the culture, it would change the name to better describe the existing culture.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680357

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:08 pm Fuck off, dont lower Terrys rp level, europe only has one and if you are adimant on lowering the rp level on a server make it Bagil or Sybil since there are two american lrp servers.
i should have clarified, "make terry's already lower rp level official"
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680358

ekaterina wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:14 pm
This is a relevant objection, but the change as above proposed wouldn't actually change the culture, it would change the name to better describe the existing culture.
ah, i see you already handled the response. exactly that. ^^^
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #680411

common sinfulbliss L
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #680443

oranges wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:39 am common sinfulbliss L
I've entirely lost who sinfulbliss is after turning on the monkey profile pictures but you did make me look for an ice monkey itt
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #680446

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:17 pm
i should have clarified, "make terry's already lower rp level official"
I would rather ban everyone who plays less than LRP than make it NRP.
Spoiler:

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #680465

Terry is not NRP and if people want to play NRP so much they can go to merchant, having an IC reason is the bare minimum to create fun and interesting scenarios. Hard agree with Vekter
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #680468

TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:45 am Terry is not NRP and if people want to play NRP so much they can go to merchant, having an IC reason is the bare minimum to create fun and interesting scenarios. Hard agree with Vekter
I have been adminning mostly Terry for a whole solid 20 THOUSAND minutes and I have never seen an NRP situation. Unless it's a shitter, but there's like one or two that haven't been permabanned.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #680476

today is monday, which means reider gets to firelock somebody wordlessly
it is his favourite activity
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #680484

ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:16 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:53 pm Roundstart tech storage fighting is NRP cringe. Treat the round as if it hasn't just started and play normally, not that hard. They're both cringe shits.
Complaining about NRP assistants... on Terry...
it's hard to believe you actually play on Terry with opinions like this.
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:20 pm No idea on what I'll rule on as despite me not viewing this as an issue he does have a history & tried to make an excuse (which I don't entirely believe.)
All a history can do is amplify an issue, and make the punishment for reoccurring offences harsher. Having a history does not make a something that is not an issue into an issue.
Armhulen wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:56 pm If everyone was playing like the person in question, would everyone leave for more enjoyable servers?
Irrelevant. He was an assistant. If we applied the standard for assistants to every job, of course the server would go to shit.
Assistants' primary function is to do minor grief and be sec content, change my mind.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:59 pm Appeal denied.
Vekter denying an appeal? Who could've seen this coming?
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm The appropriate response to "someone might take something before I can" is not "crush them with a firelock so I can get to it first", it's "GO GET ANOTHER ONE SOMEWHERE ELSE".
You're not here to educate Reider on how to be polite, but to enforce rules. Point to the rule he actually broke.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm 1) Reider's reason for attacking the other player was stupid, and
2) Reider has done this far, far more times than is really reasonable.
His reason was valid per escalation policy as others have explained, and having done valid actions in the past is irrelevant.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect people to act like adults when we have an 18+ rule. If someone might get something you want before you, try to get it first. If you don't, oh fucking well. Maybe you don't get that item for the round. Insulated gloves aren't mandatory to your enjoyment of the game. Maybe you go somewhere else to get them, as I suggested in the appeal.

The player acting like an adult (OOC) is not the same as the character acting like an adult.
Vekter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm
Very harmless tiding like this is a net benefit to the servers, because it serves as a baseline chaos that gives antags breathing room.
You're right in moderation. The issue comes when it becomes the general norm of the server for people to do shit like this. I banned Reider because it's a constant issue with him. You should be allowed to greytide a little as a treat, but if you make it your entire personality, you are going to get your shit kicked in.
Assistants like Reider make for sec content and create the potential for interesting interactions.
The admin's job is not to be untouchable security. As the representative of the Security Officers' Union, I have to say: stop taking our jobs!
I'm actually grateful for you compiling such a long list of garbage opinions in one post
conrad

Post by conrad » #680490

I like this headmin term
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680492

conrad wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:31 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:45 am Terry is not NRP and if people want to play NRP so much they can go to merchant, having an IC reason is the bare minimum to create fun and interesting scenarios. Hard agree with Vekter
I have been adminning mostly Terry for a whole solid 20 THOUSAND minutes and I have never seen an NRP situation. Unless it's a shitter, but there's like one or two that haven't been permabanned.
what
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680496

I agree with Kieth's view, the stun itself was a nonissue, but if it's a recurring thing that constantly happens I can see their perspective.
Misdoubtful wrote:I'm going to start off by saying that every single time someone lazily says 'headmin review' I sharpen my axe a little bit more. If you can't put in the effort to try and convince the banning admin why a ban was wrong - what would you have possibly accomplished to make US see things that way? I'll tell you exactly what, absolutely nothing.
Genuinely do not see this as "lazily" requesting headmin review. He made his argument. He responded to Vekter's response. And then Vekter said,
Vekter wrote:I'm not lifting it. Headmins have been notified but it's not going away unless they remove it.
So yeah after that he requested review. What more do you want really? It just doesn't really make sense to try to convince someone who has literally just said "I am NOT lifting this" in response to a disagreement that already took place. I think this may be an issue of tone since "headmin review" sounds kind of aloof and annoying considering the time it takes headmins to read and respond to an appeal, but if it's just tone there's no reason to make it something bigger.
Spoiler:
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #680499

Armhulen wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:07 pm our LURP is closer to NURP than MURP. That's worrying.
I wonder if we need a server with an even lower ruleset so people could realize how unfun it is when everyone plays like this
Every NURP'D UP server that has ever existed has died but it's clear people need more proof that starting every interaction where you want something by firelock crushing is bad
what if instead we deleted mrp and lrp and forcibly merged the two populations to achieve proper balance (good for the digestive tract yaknow)
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #680500

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:29 am I agree with Kieth's view, the stun itself was a nonissue, but if it's a recurring thing that constantly happens I can see their perspective.
Misdoubtful wrote:I'm going to start off by saying that every single time someone lazily says 'headmin review' I sharpen my axe a little bit more. If you can't put in the effort to try and convince the banning admin why a ban was wrong - what would you have possibly accomplished to make US see things that way? I'll tell you exactly what, absolutely nothing.
Genuinely do not see this as "lazily" requesting headmin review. He made his argument. He responded to Vekter's response. And then Vekter said,
Vekter wrote:I'm not lifting it. Headmins have been notified but it's not going away unless they remove it.
So yeah after that he requested review. What more do you want really? It just doesn't really make sense to try to convince someone who has literally just said "I am NOT lifting this" in response to a disagreement that already took place. I think this may be an issue of tone since "headmin review" sounds kind of aloof and annoying considering the time it takes headmins to read and respond to an appeal, but if it's just tone there's no reason to make it something bigger.

When an appeal is so bad we have to step in and tell people to put in more effort mid appeal if they want a reviewal, it might JUST be lazy.
Hugs
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680501

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:40 am When an appeal is so bad we have to step in and tell people to put in more effort mid appeal if they want a reviewal, it might JUST be lazy.
Reviewal isn't a word Misdoubtful
Spoiler:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #680502

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:46 am
Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:40 am When an appeal is so bad we have to step in and tell people to put in more effort mid appeal if they want a reviewal, it might JUST be lazy.
Swing and a miss!

Hugs
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680503

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:47 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:46 am
Swing and a miss!

Swing and a homerun since I made you doubt it enough to look it up.

Seriously who says "reviewal" instead of "review"? What do you think you're fancy or something for using the slightly longer one?
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #680505

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:29 am I agree with Kieth's view, the stun itself was a nonissue, but if it's a recurring thing that constantly happens I can see their perspective.
He only did that after Kieth told him straight up to answer Vekter's earlier post and even then there was nothing new to his argument. It was just "no I didn't"
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680508

Anyways I agreed with the rest of the escalation philosophy you said. Just found that part silly. My man Vekter said:

"I am NOT lifting this. HEADMINS will have to lift it."
"Ok, headmin review please." "
Headmins: "Please respond to Vekter more thoroughly"
"Ok, *responds to Vekter*"
"Nope. Denied."
"Ok, headmin review please."
Headmins: YOU DARETH RECRUIT US WITHOUT HAVING DONE YOUR DUE DILIGENCE? LOE!!! YOU SHALL BEAR THE FULL BURDEN OF MINE MIGHTY POLISHED AXE, MORTAL.

Jus a il silly you know...
Vekter wrote:You had so many other solutions available to you: Shove/table him (does no lethal damage), talk the problem out, go to Engineering and ask for gloves (of which there are often extras), see if Cargo could order one for you (idk about other QMs but I wouldn't balk at it), have Security step in, etc. Instead, you did what you always do and escalated straight to assault.
Tabling actually does brute damage, funnily enough tabling to the point where they'd be stamcrit to take the gloves back (3 tables) is around as much if not more than firelocking someone. So your proposed alternative is actually MORE lethal than what they opted for.

Other solutions are sort of bad. Talk the problem out... The problem being... The fact you want what they have....... Engineering doesn't give insuls to assistants. Ordering one through cargo is also unlikely, doing bounties then ordering one is CBT. "Having security step in" is... Very strange. "Sec, this man has an item that I desire."
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680510

OUT OF CURIOSITY:

Would saying something like, "Hey you. I saw those insuls first, give them here." and THEN if they denied you, firelocking them for the insuls, be a better alternative? The issue seemed to be wordlessly firelocking them for something he wanted, since as you said, conflicts should start off nonviolent.
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680511

I am disappointed by the way this appeal ended. I think the headmins denied him a fair chance just because he has a bad reputation, they didn't even list the votes of each headmin as usual.
Sinfulbliss even demonstrated how little sense the admin's stance on this made. An assistant assisting is incontrovertibly an IC issue. Ahelping because you got assisted by an assistant is a skill issue.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #680512

ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:05 pm I am disappointed by the way this appeal ended. I think the headmins denied him a fair chance just because he has a bad reputation, they didn't even list the votes of each headmin as usual.
Sinfulbliss even demonstrated how little sense the admin's stance on this made. An assistant assisting is incontrovertibly an IC issue. Ahelping because you got assisted by an assistant is a skill issue.
Are you dyslexic or something or do you just actively make the choice to only selectively pay attention to the things you want to pay attention to?
Hugs
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680514

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:10 pm
ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:05 pm I am disappointed by the way this appeal ended. I think the headmins denied him a fair chance just because he has a bad reputation, they didn't even list the votes of each headmin as usual.
Are you dyslexic or something or do you just actively make the choice to only selectively pay attention to the things you want to pay attention to?
Imagine being angry over someone disagreeing with your opinion on whether a spessman did something wrong or not to the point of insulting me. I expected better from you, I thought you were the nicest person on this website.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #680516

ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:14 pm
Imagine being angry over someone disagreeing with your opinion on whether a spessman did something wrong or not to the point of insulting me. I expected better from you, I thought you were the nicest person on this website.
I'm genuinely curious, not insulting you.
Hugs
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680517

As the moderator in this discussion I recommend neither party continue engagement in this argument, as it will be a fruitless endeavor on both sides.

That said, now that you fellas are freed up to talk, let's talk about a much more interesting query:
sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 pm Would saying something like, "Hey you. I saw those insuls first, give them here." and THEN if they denied you, firelocking them for the insuls, be a better alternative? The issue seemed to be wordlessly firelocking them for something he wanted, since as you said, conflicts should start off nonviolent.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680518

I ask because... I still think little fights over items and stuff like this should have the potential to go lethal, so long as it began as a verbal dispute to allow RP to flow first. The real issue seems to be NRP insta-mechanics silent theft.
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #680519

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:16 pm
In that case, now that you mention it, I suppose I did wilfully ignore sentences that I consider to be false, inapplicable or irrelevant, which is evidently unproductive if trying to convince someone as it results in the a reaction like the one in which it did result, since said person's opinion will continue to be based on the sentences which I didn't address and which oppose my own premises. It'll be like we live in two different worlds.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #680521

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:56 am Anyways I agreed with the rest of the escalation philosophy you said. Just found that part silly. My man Vekter said:

"I am NOT lifting this. HEADMINS will have to lift it."
"Ok, headmin review please." "
Headmins: "Please respond to Vekter more thoroughly"
"Ok, *responds to Vekter*"
"Nope. Denied."
"Ok, headmin review please."
Headmins: YOU DARETH RECRUIT US WITHOUT HAVING DONE YOUR DUE DILIGENCE? LOE!!! YOU SHALL BEAR THE FULL BURDEN OF MINE MIGHTY POLISHED AXE, MORTAL.

Jus a il silly you know...
Vekter wrote:You had so many other solutions available to you: Shove/table him (does no lethal damage), talk the problem out, go to Engineering and ask for gloves (of which there are often extras), see if Cargo could order one for you (idk about other QMs but I wouldn't balk at it), have Security step in, etc. Instead, you did what you always do and escalated straight to assault.
Tabling actually does brute damage, funnily enough tabling to the point where they'd be stamcrit to take the gloves back (3 tables) is around as much if not more than firelocking someone. So your proposed alternative is actually MORE lethal than what they opted for.

Other solutions are sort of bad. Talk the problem out... The problem being... The fact you want what they have....... Engineering doesn't give insuls to assistants. Ordering one through cargo is also unlikely, doing bounties then ordering one is CBT. "Having security step in" is... Very strange. "Sec, this man has an item that I desire."
The solution is to simply not firelock crush someone and go after insulated gloves roundstart. Neither of them probably even needed it, and just did it out of habit for their optimal powergame grief meta.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #680522

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:22 pm I ask because... I still think little fights over items and stuff like this should have the potential to go lethal, so long as it began as a verbal dispute to allow RP to flow first. The real issue seems to be NRP insta-mechanics silent theft.
My whole issue is kinda the pattern of wordless gameplay. I don't particularly view the firelocking as too much of an issue. But I feel that it's a lot better to initiate some kind of verbal interaction before escalation to violence. In conjunction with a wordless history it means I'm very reluctant to argue hard.

I think often when we game we fall into bad habits and go full goblin mode. It's important to occasionally be reminded that this is a verbal game and you do need to talk.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #680526

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:22 pm I ask because... I still think little fights over items and stuff like this should have the potential to go lethal, so long as it began as a verbal dispute to allow RP to flow first. The real issue seems to be NRP insta-mechanics silent theft.
The real problem with this is the number of players who just want to self-antag and who already harass players hoping to have an excuse to murderbone.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #680527

kieth4 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:34 pm
My whole issue is kinda the pattern of wordless gameplay. I don't particularly view the firelocking as too much of an issue. But I feel that it's a lot better to initiate some kind of verbal interaction before escalation to violence. In conjunction with a wordless history it means I'm very reluctant to argue hard.

I think often when we game we fall into bad habits and go full goblin mode. It's important to occasionally be reminded that this is a verbal game and you do need to talk.
Yeah pretty much. No one is saying that fighting and the escalation of violence and conflict isn't fine. Its just actually getting to that point.
ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:23 pm
In that case, now that you mention it, I suppose I did wilfully ignore sentences that I consider to be false, inapplicable or irrelevant, which is evidently unproductive if trying to convince someone as it results in the a reaction like the one in which it did result, since said person's opinion will continue to be based on the sentences which I didn't address and which oppose my own premises. It'll be like we live in two different worlds.
NP, I appreciate it, just making sense of things, and there wasn't really any other way to address it besides being direct.
Hugs
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #680529

Me when this headmin team this term is either MRP'ers or ERP'ers.

Apart from timber, timber is the goat of ban appeals.
Last edited by LeekiLoku on Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #680531

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:17 am
conrad wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:31 am
what
Sinfupiss either shocked that Terry is not NRP or simply forgot how to read.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
conrad

Post by conrad » #680533

ekaterina wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:23 pm
You do that a lot. Arguing with you feels like arguing with someone trapped in an echo chamber.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #680535

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 pm OUT OF CURIOSITY:

Would saying something like, "Hey you. I saw those insuls first, give them here." and THEN if they denied you, firelocking them for the insuls, be a better alternative? The issue seemed to be wordlessly firelocking them for something he wanted, since as you said, conflicts should start off nonviolent.
Yes, because at the very least, you put forth effort to actually talk the issue out.
Spoiler:

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #680537

LeekiLoku wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:01 pm Me when this headmin team this term is either MRP'ers or ERP'ers.

You realize that we all pretty much agreed on it right? That's how this works
Hugs
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680549

LeekiLoku wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:01 pm Me when this headmin team this term is either MRP'ers or ERP'ers.

… timber is like the poster child of Manuel they were the most important admin for it for a long time before they went cringe maintainer mode
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #680560

Forcing someone to actually argue with Vekter is one of the most sadistic things a headmin term has ever done, so congratulations for breaking a record here.

With cheerful regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #680564

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:28 pm

No I couldnt care less what happened to reider. Im just saying that i think that your a manuelmin, and keith was a admin on skyrat. But if i see more of you around sybil ill change my mind.
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #680565

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:05 pm

… timber is like the poster child of Manuel they were the most important admin for it for a long time before they went cringe maintainer mode
didnt know that, well damn this headmin term is just confusing for me. I think that at least 2 are MRP mins. Apart from keith.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #680574

LeekiLoku wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:43 pm

No I couldnt care less what happened to reider. Im just saying that i think that your a manuelmin, and keith was a admin on skyrat. But if i see more of you around sybil ill change my mind.
I can't please everyone 🥺

Hugs
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #680575

2023 join date: ✅
assistant avatar: ✅
dogshit takes: ✅

like pottery
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #680576

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:57 pm
LeekiLoku wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:43 pm

I can't please everyone 🥺
You have enough hours on Terry and Sybil your redeemed in my eyes, but that really doesnt matter since im just a tiny little chang.
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #680577

Qbmax32 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:59 pm 2023 join date: ✅
assistant avatar: ✅
dogshit takes: ✅

like pottery
Ive been playing for like a year or 2, i only now joined the forum. Mostly because i wanted to try a hand in being a admin since sybil needs more admins. Fair I do have dogshit takes.