Muh realism codenut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Muh realism codenut

Post by The Wrench » #680644

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: Muh realism codenut

Post by conrad » #680646

I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #680647

this dude peanuted an ALREADY merged thing... SMH!!!
theres nothing to bicker over here, its already done!!!
respect (let him do his thing)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #680648

>scare off good faith mining players with overpowered enemies, annoying gear acquisition, and no ORM on lavaland
>make having good-faith miners more important
I don't know what to tell you.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #680650

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 pm >scare off good faith mining players with overpowered enemies, annoying gear acquisition, and no ORM on lavaland
>scare off good-faith science players with experisci, toilet scanning, complex gas shell experiments
>make having good-faith science players more important by locking more things behind RND
Spoiler:
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #680651

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:32 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 pm >scare off good faith mining players with overpowered enemies, annoying gear acquisition, and no ORM on lavaland
>scare off good-faith science players with experisci, toilet scanning, complex gas shell experiments
>make having good-faith science players more important by locking more things behind RND
Why do I have to scan 4 uranium walls????

It literally kills my character.

In fact why do I have to scan more than one of everything.

What gameplay values comes from making 4 meat toilets?
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #680653

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:32 pm
This comparison doesn't work because there were no good-faith science players.
Let me elaborate.
Science, for a long time, was a job about doing research to benefit the station as a whole. The majority of scientists(including myself sometimes, so I may be projecting a little) had a specific idea for what they wanted to do as a scientist and abandoned the console as soon as they had the thing because R&D is miserably boring. Playing a job just to get the cool stuff isn't playing it in good faith.
Mining is supposedly about supplying the station with ore. Players not playing mining in good faith are rushing megafauna instead to get the reliable cool stuff instead of actually mining, because fighting megafauna is fun, killing them gives you cool loot, and dying to them lets you sit around and wait for midround antag.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #680656

Somehow "bluespace links" are more realistic than synthesizing metal. I honestly think bluespace links are dumb, you could have just made it so borgs go to the ore silo to pick up materials manually.

Removing bluespace links would solve the problem of antagonists being able to drain the entire ore silo from any random protolathe in a matter of seconds. It also would give cargo techs a job to do, they could go around restocking people's protolathes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #680659

realism has nothing to do with it it's entirely game design, there's no need for people to get things for free when there are ways to get them in game via player effort.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #680664

I'm never a fan of fixing part of a problem while leaving the actual issue intact, but "borgs making infinite metal" is something that probably shouldn't exist.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #680669

I guess this is good from a balance and realism perspective but damn if it isnt another day another "Make construction even more tedious and odious" PR.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #680683

Good. Fuck em
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680685

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:53 pm I guess this is good from a balance and realism perspective but damn if it isnt another day another "Make construction even more tedious and odious" PR.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #680686

What's next? In april you have to file fake space-men taxes? You get banned if you don't do it?
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680688

resource economy will never work btw, not in the current iteration anyhow
conrad

Post by conrad » #680689

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:52 pm Good. Fuck em
Fuck who, borgs? This is a station-wide nerf.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #680690

This is a really shitty change. Borgs were fine.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680694

i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. it makes mining even more important, and will give the AI a department to bug when their cyborgs start complaining about no metal

edit: doesn't this game have mining BORGS
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #680703

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:14 pm i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. it makes mining even more important, and will give the AI a department to bug when their cyborgs start complaining about no metal

The problem is that it makes mining more important.
Miners would rather hunt megafauna because most consider just hitting rocks all shift boring.
Also, forcing borgs to spec into miner is inhumane.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #680704

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 pm resource economy will never work btw, not in the current iteration anyhow
>entire game balanced by item economy
>item economy is busted as shit
bros...
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #680707

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:14 pm i see absolutely nothing wrong with this. it makes mining even more important, and will give the AI a department to bug when their cyborgs start complaining about no metal

Miners would rather hunt megafauna because most consider just hitting rocks all shift boring.
Not only that (A large part of the problem with Infinite Metal Engi Borgs was "go engi we need metals" being really fucking lame. Wow, congratulations, now you're forcing them to go something even less of them wanted to be and for a much longer time), but Mining Borgs are also very much weaker. Not just in the "can't fight megas as well" sense but in the fact that their PKA, the only real way a borg has to mine, has less upgrade capacity, and can only fit 2 mods instead of 3.

It's fucked.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #680708

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:54 pm Not only that (A large part of the problem with Infinite Metal Engi Borgs was "go engi we need metals" being really fucking lame. Wow, congratulations, now you're forcing them to go something even less of them wanted to be and for a much longer time), but Mining Borgs are also very much weaker. Not just in the "can't fight megas as well" sense but in the fact that their PKA, the only real way a borg has to mine, has less upgrade capacity, and can only fit 2 mods instead of 3.

It's fucked.
It's not even that they can't fight megas, they can if they're skilled enough. They just don't get any benefit for doing so and it's a law three violation unless you're doing it to save humans from harm or because a human ordered you to.

Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #680709

When is engineering getting hardspace ship breaker as a side job? Call in a wrecked shuttle and scrap it for bits when the miners are all dead. I can already see areas we could add it in on meta, delta, kilo, and icebox. I'd be willing to map that.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #680710

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 pm

ahhh thats a good point.

>Also, forcing borgs to spec into miner is inhumane.

good thing they arent humans! (haha)

perhaps the different levels of fauna on lavaland could be gated off, where you have to mine a certain amount in order for nanotrasen to allow you access? someone else could probably come up with a better idea.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #680711

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:44 am It's not even that they can't fight megas, they can if they're skilled enough. They just don't get any benefit for doing so and it's a law three violation unless you're doing it to save humans from harm or because a human ordered you to.
I wouldn't call it a law three violation. Technically, by removing the megafauna from lavaland, you remove the chance that any human from the station or otherwise can ever be harmed by them. Arguably, its a law 2 violation to leave them wandering around, along with any sort of fauna that might attack a miner.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680713

Armhulen wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 pm resource economy will never work btw, not in the current iteration anyhow
>entire game balanced by item economy
>item economy is busted as shit
bros...
hmmmmmmmm......
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

some food for thought: some random prick can get hold of one of the million silo-linked objects on the station and suck the station dry. this is an extreme example of intentional grief but often i will walk over to a silo-linked object and be unable to print my things not because it's a conscious effort or decision but because either miners aren't mining or someone is sucking up all the resources by printing like... 3 cleavers. and the two solutions are to either cannabilize the walls and tables in your department or to just wait.

our entire game economy is balanced around if someone mines (a very easy task) but their efforts can easily be gimped by... 3 cleavers being printed. obviously we can't just make it so you can print items freely because then people would just print 1000000 cleaver just because they can. methinks a more interesting approach would be to make it so lathes instead queue up items to be lathed and the economy is more based around time to print

or y'know, accept that this is a roleplaying sandbox game by heart and to stop taking item economy so seriously. i don't trust any motherfucker to execute the idea above properly. they'll make it fucking worse than the lathe tax somehow (lol lathe tax)
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #680718

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:44 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:54 pm Not only that (A large part of the problem with Infinite Metal Engi Borgs was "go engi we need metals" being really fucking lame. Wow, congratulations, now you're forcing them to go something even less of them wanted to be and for a much longer time), but Mining Borgs are also very much weaker. Not just in the "can't fight megas as well" sense but in the fact that their PKA, the only real way a borg has to mine, has less upgrade capacity, and can only fit 2 mods instead of 3.

It's fucked.
It's not even that they can't fight megas, they can if they're skilled enough. They just don't get any benefit for doing so and it's a law three violation unless you're doing it to save humans from harm or because a human ordered you to.
Hence "as well". They're worse at it than a Miner. But the core of the point is that it's irrelevant because they're also just straight up worse at mining. It's not even the lack of a plasmacutter, only being able to fit 2 upgrades on your PKA is killer.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #680727

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:30 am It's not even the lack of a plasmacutter, only being able to fit 2 upgrades on your PKA is killer.
lol wait did they lower the amount of upgrades you can have on your PKA
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #680730

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:49 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:30 am It's not even the lack of a plasmacutter, only being able to fit 2 upgrades on your PKA is killer.
lol wait did they lower the amount of upgrades you can have on your PKA
Borg PKA has always been 90%
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #680744

This won't change much except for odd cases where people use it to exploit. Not sure why some people are mad at this, lol.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #680747

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:21 am This won't change much except for odd cases where people use it to exploit. Not sure why some people are mad at this, lol.
tldr because miners don't mine enough, and it's making miners that mine more important without relieving issues that are keeping actual miner players from mining.

long version:
Most miners are megafauna hunters now. Before this change, engiborgs were able to keep us stocked up on basic materials, at least enough to make another borg. Now they're incapable, and are actually a drain on those same resources they used to restock.
Miner players like myself stopped because of bileworms, the ORM not being usable on lavaland, and the changes to how the items are ordered. I've yet to return to see if the role's tolerable yet.
p.s. miner borgs are the only cyborg besides peacekeeper that can't do their job anywhere near as effectively as a human, because they get obsoleted almost roundstart.

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #680750

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 pm Miners would rather hunt megafauna because most consider just hitting rocks all shift boring.
except they don't, cause megafauna has been broken for a year and is reliant on rng instead of skill
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #680753

Striders13 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:45 am
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 pm Miners would rather hunt megafauna because most consider just hitting rocks all shift boring.
except they don't, cause megafauna has been broken for a year and is reliant on rng instead of skill
Normally I'd say Skill Issue, but you of all people saying this makes me believe it.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #680760

...what?

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #680761

PUHLEASE ELABORATE RIGHT FUCKING NOW?????????????????????????????
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #680766

Armhulen wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:00 am
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/63886
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #680767

Striders13 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:53 am
That is downright horrendeous to learn about just now
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #680768

Armhulen wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:09 am
Striders13 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:53 am
That is downright horrendeous to learn about just now
there were attempts to revert the pr that caused the issue, but got shutdown as always. The creator of the pr never fixed it, so ???????
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #680771

Oh I just talked with the creator of mob ablilities and it was fixed on the 19th of that month so i can close that and say "ha!"
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #680772

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #680773

Armhulen wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:21 am (it was fixed in https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/68382 )
I thought it was, too. It wasnt. Tried fighting bubbles last month, he casted his charge 5 times at once and instantly killed me (I was on full health)
► Show Spoiler
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #680775

this pr will change nothing

nobody fixes shit anyways because it’s completely sisyphean and pointless, and the best most people do is just walling it off
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #680777

conrad wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:03 pm
Good. Fuck em
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #680781

Striders13 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:22 am I thought it was, too. It wasnt. Tried fighting bubbles last month, he casted his charge 5 times at once and instantly killed me (I was on full health)
As someone who actually plays a lot of mining cyborg and does a lot of megafauna hunting while doing so, I don't think all of the megafauna are bugged. I've been fighting ashdrakes, hierophants and colossuses for a while and they seem to obey their normal rules. It's probably an issue with the charge ability itself, as the a number of mobs also use a nerfed version (lobstrosity and tarantula) and its extremely buggy.

One thing I will note is that Ashdrake's attack cooldowns saw significant buffs to itself. You don't get nearly the same window to attack between the circle fire breath and the arena attack. This can lead to long chains of arena spam, and it sucks.

I'll also note that all megafauna still seem susceptible to a very strange, very inconsistent bug which I just dub as, "going ultra". Essentially, sometimes it seems like they just stop caring about their attack cooldowns and start spamming a bunch of attacks like you describe, however this used to happen before Space's mob abilities PR and it still happens now, albeit very rarely. I have no idea what causes it, and it happens so rarely that I can't really make a bug report about it either.
Last edited by Indie-ana Jones on Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #680782

dirk_mcblade wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:34 am
conrad wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:03 pm
Good. Fuck em
Hell yeah now we're talking.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #680787

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:00 am
Striders13 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:22 am I thought it was, too. It wasnt. Tried fighting bubbles last month, he casted his charge 5 times at once and instantly killed me (I was on full health)
As someone who actually plays a lot of mining cyborg and does a lot of megafauna hunting while doing so, I don't think all of the megafauna are bugged. I've been fighting ashdrakes, hierophants and colossuses for a while and they seem to obey their normal rules. It's probably an issue with the charge ability itself, as the a number of mobs also use a nerfed version (lobstrosity and tarantula) and its extremely buggy.

One thing I will note is that Ashdrake's attack cooldowns saw significant buffs to itself. You don't get nearly the same window to attack between the circle fire breath and the arena attack. This can lead to long chains of arena spam, and it sucks.

I'll also note that all megafauna still seem susceptible to a very strange, very inconsistent bug which I just dub as, "going ultra". Essentially, sometimes it seems like they just stop caring about their attack cooldowns and start spamming a bunch of attacks like you describe, however this used to happen before Space's mob abilities PR and it still happens now, albeit very rarely. I have no idea what causes it, and it happens so rarely that I can't really make a bug report about it either.
They're all bugged, it's just significantly more noticeable on bubblegum, since he regularly chains his attacks. Also a minor pet peeve is that bubble's attack telegraph no longer matches with where he's actually going, always deviating a tile or two from his destination. I never had this issue before the PR, and I used to frequently hunt fauna before it got bugged to hell.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #680790

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:21 am This won't change much except for odd cases where people use it to exploit. Not sure why some people are mad at this, lol.
they dont know you can grow iron in botany
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #680794

anything that gives those whiny talking toasters utility that i, a superior humanoid lifeform, must rely on needs to be corrected immediately it is an unforgivable affront to the natural order that damns us all if left unchecked
oranges wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:31 am they dont know you can grow iron in botany
don't let powergamers know that botany is the strongest job that can do anything if you have anything resembling an attention span and 2 brain cells to rub together
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #680800

dendydoom wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:04 am anything that gives those whiny talking toasters utility that i, a superior humanoid lifeform, must rely on needs to be corrected immediately it is an unforgivable affront to the natural order that damns us all if left unchecked
oranges wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:31 am they dont know you can grow iron in botany
don't let powergamers know that botany is the strongest job that can do anything if you have anything resembling an attention span and 2 brain cells to rub together
I can't even get plants to mutate anymore.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #680813

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 pm >scare off good faith mining players with overpowered enemies
LOL