I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade

Post by Armhulen » #681943

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=681940#p681940

I dunno, I could go either way on this
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade

Post by Timberpoes » #682750

Post 100 (or 99? The world may never know). The appeal is now pretty much resolved with that little bit of housekeeping.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #682758

may as well include zyb's appeal on this peanut thread when it's inevitably made
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682761

BeeSting12 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:08 pm may as well include zyb's appeal on this peanut thread when it's inevitably made
I demand a new thread.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #682767

BeeSting12 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:08 pm may as well include zyb's appeal on this peanut thread when it's inevitably made
tbh i don't think that thread will be too interesting
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #682772

ALERT!!
ALERT!!

IT HAPPENED!!

ZYB "I POWERGAMED SO HARD THAT I HAVE A POWERGAMING METRIC NAMED AFTER ME" WIVCZ HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY BANNED FOR POWERGAMING

WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS???
Spoiler:

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #682791

They got banned for ban evading.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #682826

ekaterina wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm This came up in another thread where someone claimed "we all" metacommed when we started out on SS13... and then everyone told this person that no, we did not, and an admin joked that the user would now be permabanned as there was no statute of limitations.
If there isn't one already, there should be a time limit after which bans can't be placed.
We'd have to determine how long the statute of limitations would be per offense, otherwise we could say something like "two months" and then find out someone did some serious shit at some point and be unable to ban them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #682836

It isn't something that needs to be codified. Ban appeals are public, so if it's a ridiculous asspull it'll be very visibly horrible
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682843

it would kill Zyb to play the game for anything but validhunt and TDM, and that’s coming from ME. he was physically incapable of adding fun to others’ rounds. had to randomname to avoid his karma catching up with him via mass ahelps and metagrudgings

good riddance L bozo you will not be missed
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #682845

I agree, this name's too good not to keep using.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #682857

Dude ahelped and thereby forced this guy to spend even more time appealing it. Would've been nicer for the admin to not pick a side on the IC issue to begin with, but my bigger point is zyb was being a prick so it's hard for me to take his side.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682873

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:07 am it would kill Zyb to play the game for anything but validhunt and TDM, and that’s coming from ME. he was physically incapable of adding fun to others’ rounds. had to randomname to avoid his karma catching up with him via mass ahelps and metagrudgings
"Zyb does nothing but validhunt and TDM. Every round you see him in he's no fun! You know it's true because he randomnames so you never see him in a round!"
Scriptis wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:02 pm ZYB "I POWERGAMED SO HARD THAT I HAVE A POWERGAMING METRIC NAMED AFTER ME" WIVCZ HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY BANNED FOR POWERGAMING
Am I more or less than 100 milliReiders?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682884

Gotta love an AoE ban appeal that explodes and bans someone else.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #682905

conrad wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 am Gotta love an AoE ban appeal that explodes and bans someone else.
1d6+1 explosive, range 10 blast 2, loading, ordnance
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682911

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:26 pm
conrad wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 am Gotta love an AoE ban appeal that explodes and bans someone else.
Explosive as in damage type, or explosive as in the dice are exploding dice and I get to roll 17 on my 1d6?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682913

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:17 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:07 am it would kill Zyb to play the game for anything but validhunt and TDM, and that’s coming from ME. he was physically incapable of adding fun to others’ rounds. had to randomname to avoid his karma catching up with him via mass ahelps and metagrudgings
"Zyb does nothing but validhunt and TDM. Every round you see him in he's no fun! You know it's true because he randomnames so you never see him in a round!"
You know Scrubby exists right?
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #682919

conrad wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:05 pm
Explosive as in damage type, or explosive as in the dice are exploding dice and I get to roll 17 on my 1d6?
Explosive as in damage type, the only type of exploding dice LANCER has is as a special effect of the Vlad license level 3 combat drill, which adds 1D6 damage each time Overkill procs (if a die rolls 1, take 1 heat and reroll) against prone, immobilized, or stunned targets, which can themselves proc overkill and continue the damage chain.

LANCER damage types are Kinetic / Energy / Explosive, with special types of burn (pierces armor, applies stacking DoT) and heat (not classed as "damage" but works in a similar manner)

The weapon here is the Rocket-Propelled Grenade, except it's a mech-sized RPG so that's more like a 280mm rocket being launched out of the tube or some similarly goofy shit
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #683064

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:13 pm
Explosive as in damage type, the only type of exploding dice LANCER has is as a special effect of the Vlad license level 3 combat drill, which adds 1D6 damage each time Overkill procs (if a die rolls 1, take 1 heat and reroll) against prone, immobilized, or stunned targets, which can themselves proc overkill and continue the damage chain.

LANCER damage types are Kinetic / Energy / Explosive, with special types of burn (pierces armor, applies stacking DoT) and heat (not classed as "damage" but works in a similar manner)

The weapon here is the Rocket-Propelled Grenade, except it's a mech-sized RPG so that's more like a 280mm rocket being launched out of the tube or some similarly goofy shit
I love systems designed for Mech Combat, because as someone who only really plays D&D or Pathfinder type stuff, the idea of reading "1d6+1" and then "280mm rocket being launched out of the tube" is fucking hilarious.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #683065

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:26 am I love systems designed for Mech Combat, because as someone who only really plays D&D or Pathfinder type stuff, the idea of reading "1d6+1" and then "280mm rocket being launched out of the tube" is fucking hilarious.
shoutout to the Oracle ""LMGs"" which are QUAD-LINKED 12.7mm HMGs (look up the M2 Browning) that only deal 1d3 damage.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #683071

Who plays mech warrior: living legends
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #683074

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:32 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:26 am I love systems designed for Mech Combat, because as someone who only really plays D&D or Pathfinder type stuff, the idea of reading "1d6+1" and then "280mm rocket being launched out of the tube" is fucking hilarious.
shoutout to the Oracle ""LMGs"" which are QUAD-LINKED 12.7mm HMGs (look up the M2 Browning) that only deal 1d3 damage.
Me with DR5/-

That actually sounds like a really funny campaign premise- The party are D&D characters. The setting is Lancer. Everything else uses Lancer rules. The Party uses D&D rules. Isekai Bullshit ensues.

Maybe not an entire campaign, but it'd make a fun one-shot probably.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #683150

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:26 am
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:13 pm

I love systems designed for Mech Combat, because as someone who only really plays D&D or Pathfinder type stuff, the idea of reading "1d6+1" and then "280mm rocket being launched out of the tube" is fucking hilarious.
Don’t know if it’s true but i often hear that one of the earliest use of “hit point” in tabletop gaming related to how many 14 inch battleship shells it would take to sink you.