Character Rating Thread (psychosis edition)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Character Rating Thread (psychosis edition)

Post by Chadley » #682528

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hello! Hi! Hey!

I read the other thread and thought. Y'know what's COOLER than just a name? Your CHARACTER!!

*pulls you over*

Woah, pal! Do you know how fast you were going? I'm gonna need to see some ID, name, static, and character information, please.

*clicks pen*

So tell me a little about yourself.What's your backstory? How'd you get hired at Nanotrasen? What do you work as?

*SLAMS TABLE*

ANSWER ME DAMNIT?! You sick fuck. You're going away for a long long time.

*GASP*

Guys... Kenniban died and I never got my anti-psychotics. I didn't say anything weird, did I?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: Character Rating Thread (psychosis edition)

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #683767

Ten thousand hours in Photoshop:

Eugine Adrian Hynes [Human]

They're somewhat cowardly and quick to voice their annoyances, but they mean well most of the time. They're loyal to a fault with their direct superior and department colleagues in work. They have a surprising ability always to miss the action, wherever it happens. They have numerous instances of delivering lasers only for the threat to have already been dealt with. Tries their hardest to keep freight moving, then gets yelled at about orders taking too long to deliver five seconds after they got ordered. They usually linger around the cargo bay most of the shift unless cargo is well staffed. Hates bounty cubes with a passion. Hates clankers with even more passion. Loves to deliver mail.

I always pictured them sounding like Otis from Half-Life Opposing Force and Blue Shift. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pNAn-ID4s

Background:
Got hired as part of janitorial for the Goonstation branch, and served loyally for four months before being permabriged and transferred to the TGstation Manuel Division following the Jarate incident. They did time in TGstation min sec prisons before being released for good behavior. They pivoted back to Janitorial duty for some time before watching too much propaganda by Randolf P. Checkers, leading to them transferring to cargo.

Based on actual events:
Spoiler:
Started on GoonRP. I initially enjoyed it but quickly got bored since they have extremely limited antags. (Usually just vampire, thief, and archfiend) One of my last rounds on GoonRP was me throwing piss bottles at a Nanotrasen representative, since I was bored and not much happened on GoonRP. I pivoted to TG Manuel shortly afterward. I started TG by playing prisoner since I figured it'd be an excellent way to learn how to do stuff. After feeling like I got a grasp on things, I then started playing janitor. After a bit, of constantly having janiborgs clean everything, pivoted to Cargo Tech. Also, I didn't realize the name should have been spelled like Eugene and not Eugine, but it's far too late now.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #683768

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:36 am Ten thousand hours in Photoshop:

Eugine Adrian Hynes [Human]

They're somewhat cowardly and quick to voice their annoyances, but they mean well most of the time. They're loyal to a fault with their direct superior and department colleagues in work. They have a surprising ability always to miss the action, wherever it happens. They have numerous instances of delivering lasers only for the threat to have already been dealt with. Tries their hardest to keep freight moving, then gets yelled at about orders taking too long to deliver five seconds after they got ordered. They usually linger around the cargo bay most of the shift unless cargo is well staffed. Hates bounty cubes with a passion. Hates clankers with even more passion. Loves to deliver mail.

I always pictured them sounding like Otis from Half-Life Opposing Force and Blue Shift. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pNAn-ID4s

Background:
Got hired as part of janitorial for the Goonstation branch, and served loyally for four months before being permabriged and transferred to the TGstation Manuel Division following the Jarate incident. They did time in TGstation min sec prisons before being released for good behavior. They pivoted back to Janitorial duty for some time before watching too much propaganda by Randolf P. Checkers, leading to them transferring to cargo.

Based on actual events:
Spoiler:
Started on GoonRP. I initially enjoyed it but quickly got bored since they have extremely limited antags. (Usually just vampire, thief, and archfiend) One of my last rounds on GoonRP was me throwing piss bottles at a Nanotrasen representative, since I was bored and not much happened on GoonRP. I pivoted to TG Manuel shortly afterward. I started TG by playing prisoner since I figured it'd be an excellent way to learn how to do stuff. After feeling like I got a grasp on things, I then started playing janitor. After a bit, of constantly having janiborgs clean everything, pivoted to Cargo Tech. Also, I didn't realize the name should have been spelled like Eugene and not Eugine, but it's far too late now.
A pleasure to meet you, Eugine, you clearly put a lot of thought into this. I really like how this character develops, and it has by far one of the best stories for a character I've ever read. I like the inclusion of the voice, the name is silly and just what SS13 should be.

I grant you my highest honor.

The golden star on the fridge.
► Show Spoiler
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #684106

Noah Froggers, felinid janitor.
He's often going through maintenance to look for frogs around the moisture traps. If he finds one he usually drags it along for the rest of the shift. Although more recently he's figured out how to balance them on top of his head while he's going about his day. Besides that he's pretty dedicated to cleaning, even has trouble shifting his focus away from it. Not that there's a shortage of things to clean. The medbay stays clean for just a few minutes at the very most... He's a bit oblivious to everything else that's going on until it inevitably gets him killed. Scrubbing out trails of blood leading to more blood leading to... oh, that would explain all of the bleeding.

Technically he's not allowed to drink alcohol yet. Somehow he keeps getting his hands on it though. He usually can't hurt people even if he tried (he has). Oh and he can play the banjo.
swag.PNG
swag.PNG (3.91 KiB) Viewed 1701 times

Haven't really gotten any backstory for him. I do plan on making/playing some more defined characters eventually (when I get around to it (it has been almost a year since I planned on doing it)).
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #684534

kawoppi wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:59 pm Noah Froggers, felinid janitor.
He's often going through maintenance to look for frogs around the moisture traps. If he finds one he usually drags it along for the rest of the shift. Although more recently he's figured out how to balance them on top of his head while he's going about his day. Besides that he's pretty dedicated to cleaning, even has trouble shifting his focus away from it. Not that there's a shortage of things to clean. The medbay stays clean for just a few minutes at the very most... He's a bit oblivious to everything else that's going on until it inevitably gets him killed. Scrubbing out trails of blood leading to more blood leading to... oh, that would explain all of the bleeding.

Technically he's not allowed to drink alcohol yet. Somehow he keeps getting his hands on it though. He usually can't hurt people even if he tried (he has). Oh and he can play the banjo.
swag.PNG

Haven't really gotten any backstory for him. I do plan on making/playing some more defined characters eventually (when I get around to it (it has been almost a year since I planned on doing it)).
GAH! How long have I been asleep?!

*flips through notebook*

Okay. I mentioned this before but Noah Froggers is a fantastic name. 2 parts silly, 1 part over the top. Being oblivious and liking frogs without being a stoner is some of the best character development, a development that is mostly unheard of, you get brownie points for that. Cool character and it's a silly character that doesn't necessarily need a backstory.

Do you boo! 10/10
► Show Spoiler
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #684944

Thank you! I'll go ahead and invest those brownie points so that they may pay dividends in the future
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)