In regards to gibbing.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

In regards to gibbing.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #682610

gib
verb
gerund or present participle: gibbing
To violently killing a foe in a way that blows them up or otherwise scatters their body parts.

How do you personally feel about gibbing effects in our game, and other forms of total body removal. Is it too widely available, or perhaps not availed enough? Should there be things that gib people that don't, or things that do gib people that shouldn't?

Who should be able to be gib, and under what circumstances should someone be gibbed? What do these analyses say about round removal on the wider scope of the game, including spaceing, decapitation, or just turning off suit sensors and stuffing them in maint.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: In regards to gibbing.

Post by Armhulen » #682611

I think we should gib people more often, and in general have more deadly things that can happen on station. Medbay needs content, yo
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #682612

High risk high reward actions truly deserve being the highest of risks sometimes.
Hugs
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682613

One thing to note though is rounds on average are much longer than they have historically been and more gibbing is more people sitting out of the round. We have more ghost roles, so it's not the end of the world, but just keep that in mind. Maybe we'd get some more mafia games
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #682620

Idk it doesn't even have to be gibbing, just things REALLY messing people up sometimes.
Hugs
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #682621

sometimes fixing people who get gibbed is as easy as pie, and sometimes it makes me want to cause physical harm to chaplain and chef players.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682622

Semi-related, but I think we should let Heretic gib again.
Or at least drop organs like it used to.
The spooky hands minigame is dumb, contrived, creates rule issues out of nothing, and doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The organ drop method was a good balance between round removal and second chances, while also giving the heretic valuable resources without them having to stand there and carve bodies waiting for RNG to drop the organs they need.
Also, the current sacrifice gives the victim a fake second chance. "Haha, you get to live again, but with SEVERE annoyance, and you can't even beat up the guy who did it to you even though you KNOW they're an antagonist! Even if you could know, you still couldn't beat them up because being on the same screen as them cripples you!" I'd rather chill in deadchat than get spooked by anything vaguely linked to the supernatural for the rest of the round. Oh no! A bible! [seizes up, goes blind, gets stunned]
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682625

Play Quake, particularly E1M3, and tell me gibbing isn't fucking fun.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #682626

i'm pretty content with the amount of things that can disappear a body in this game
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #682631

I'm satisfied with the big three (the gulag shuttle, the kitchen gibber and the crematorium).
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #682632

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:37 pm Semi-related, but I think we should let Heretic gib again.
Or at least drop organs like it used to.
The spooky hands minigame is dumb, contrived, creates rule issues out of nothing, and doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The organ drop method was a good balance between round removal and second chances, while also giving the heretic valuable resources without them having to stand there and carve bodies waiting for RNG to drop the organs they need.
Also, the current sacrifice gives the victim a fake second chance. "Haha, you get to live again, but with SEVERE annoyance, and you can't even beat up the guy who did it to you even though you KNOW they're an antagonist! Even if you could know, you still couldn't beat them up because being on the same screen as them cripples you!" I'd rather chill in deadchat than get spooked by anything vaguely linked to the supernatural for the rest of the round. Oh no! A bible! [seizes up, goes blind, gets stunned]
agreed, and it does nothing if someone is really gaming because they're just going to decap you with a heretic blade before saccing you anyways and the only thing stopping people from doing that is feeling guilty for round removing someone. Remove the guilt by making round removal non optional.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #682633

given that gibbing leaves a brain these days i think its fun
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682648

Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:30 pm Idk it doesn't even have to be gibbing, just things REALLY messing people up sometimes.
We need more workplace hazards, you're right that it doesn't have to be gibbing and if it is it can spare the brain as Dorsi says
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #682659

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:21 pm given that gibbing leaves a brain these days i think its fun
Not all gibs do. The gib() command has a var that determines if it does or not.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682660

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:19 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:21 pm given that gibbing leaves a brain these days i think its fun
Not all gibs do. The gib() command has a var that determines if it does or not.
Coders seem to generally understand that gib should usually preserve brain
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #682735

If you're going to add more gibbing, make it more crew-facing as opposed to antagonist facing.
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #682809

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:37 pm Even if you could know, you still couldn't beat them up because being on the same screen as them cripples you!" I'd rather chill in deadchat than get spooked by anything vaguely linked to the supernatural for the rest of the round. Oh no! A bible! [seizes up, goes blind, gets stunned]
Brave bull, the drink, is VERY easy to make and blocks phobias. Phobias are awful right now, and would GREATLY benefit from a redesign (project zomboid has a panic system that reduces the damage you deal, that'd probably work for the niche that phobias of specific things [sec, heretic, spiders, etc.] have). Brave bull completely negates phobias though, so long as you have some in your system. It's stupid, but so are phobias.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #682813

We should have a wizard spell that gibs if we click on a person
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #682815

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:05 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:30 pm Idk it doesn't even have to be gibbing, just things REALLY messing people up sometimes.
We need more workplace hazards, you're right that it doesn't have to be gibbing and if it is it can spare the brain as Dorsi says
agree with post
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?