LOCKING THE THREAD BECAUSE BAWHOPPEN IS TOO POWERFUL

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

WHAT NAME SHOULD IT BE

The Reverse Revolver Wasn't Enough, Zybwivcz Wants Himself Banned 💀
13%
The Reverse Revolver Wasn't Enough, Zybwivcz Shoots Himself Again
18%
Everyone Watch Zybwivcz Shoot Himself A Second Time Peanut
20%
Zybwivcz Unsatisfied With Life After Shooting Himself In The Face, Does It Again [Peanut]
16%
Zybwivcz Unsatisfied With Life After Shooting Himself In The Face, Shoots Himself In The Face Again
33%

Total votes: 45

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

LOCKING THE THREAD BECAUSE BAWHOPPEN IS TOO POWERFUL

Post by datorangebottle » #682722

I was talking with Kendrickorium about it because I thought I had a funny idea. But now we're both conflicted. Help us decide.
For context.
Last edited by datorangebottle on Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: What the hell do we name an incoming peanut thread?

Post by Kendrickorium » #682723

come up with a better one everyone!
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #682724

all of these are shit. i present to you:

HoPs that can't stop injecting themselves with holding access support group peanut
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #682725

Whatever name you give it, the title will probably be more verbose than the entirety of it Zyb's say history
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #682728

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:53 pm all of these are shit. i present to you:

HoPs that can't stop injecting themselves with holding access support group peanut
awful, learn to be funny please
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #682729

I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade 2: The Ride Never Ends
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #682733

peanut: a piece in classicism, and simplicity.
respect (let him do his thing)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #682736

Zybwivcz Unsatisfied With Life After Shooting Himself In The Face, Shoots Himself In The Foot Instead.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682743

What are you gonna do, peanut through my logs?
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #682757

Zybwivcz's ban request, colorized.

► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #682762

It looks pretty conclusive
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682764

NoxVS wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:57 pm Whatever name you give it, the title will probably be more verbose than the entirety of it Zyb's say history
I just need to find a way to expand "Being passive aggressive to timberpoes isn't very nice but it's not actually permabannable" to 5000 words.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #682766

I'd advise you to focus on the repeated shifts you're moonlighting as security over the past week or immediately adding sec accesses to your IDs within minutes of the shift starting.

But you didn't make a habit of reading what I wrote before, so I doubt you'll make an exception of reading your ban reason now.

/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #682774

Spoiler:

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682808

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:51 pm But you didn't make a habit of reading what I wrote before, so I doubt you'll make an exception of reading your ban reason now.
Don't worry Timber, I'm not sure he fully reads or comprehends what anyone writes.
See above.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #682814

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:51 pm But you didn't make a habit of reading what I wrote before, so I doubt you'll make an exception of reading your ban reason now.
Reading timbers' roasts is half the reason I voted him for headmin and he does not disappoint
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682821

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:51 pm I'd advise you to focus on the repeated shifts you're moonlighting as security over the past week or immediately adding sec accesses to your IDs within minutes of the shift starting.

But you didn't make a habit of reading what I wrote before, so I doubt you'll make an exception of reading your ban reason now.
I would probably start with pointing out that simply adding access has never before qualified as evading a sec job ban, any more than adding medbay access would qualify as evading a medical job ban. Especially when there are multiple perfectly good reason to have sec access as a head.

Or that for "204247 found, arrested + gulagged suspected heretic. Roundstart warden + captain.", I posted an extensive chat log with both the captain and the warden present where I get explicit approval from the warden to gulag the heretic . Which seems to me like an excellent example of how not to evade a sec job ban as HoP. Especially because you're also criticizing me for gulagging someone without getting explicit approval first.

But I will keep your advice in mind.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #682822

I think timber is saying to *not* gulag people, like at all while you have a sec ban.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682823

Or even arrest people. You can eject people from your department without arresting them.

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #682825

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:29 am I would probably start with pointing out that simply adding access has never before qualified as evading a sec job ban, any more than adding medbay access would qualify as evading a medical job ban. Especially when there are multiple perfectly good reason to have sec access as a head.
You literally added Holding Cells and Armoury to your access as soon as you join the round. This is already suspect and one of the most common ways to evade a jobban - asking the HoP to give you access to the very jobs you're banned from. You just cut out the middleman and did it yourself.

And you didn't do it when you arrested people, you did it when you joined the round. You clearly wanted to be able to gulag people yourself, without bothering to hand over criminals to actual security.

The MINIMUM ban for that would be a perma HoP, if not headban.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #682827

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:29 am I would probably start with pointing out that simply adding access has never before qualified as evading a sec job ban
using the hopline to evade jobbans has always been against the rules
Weston Echard on Sybil
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682829

vect0r wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:38 am I think timber is saying to *not* gulag people, like at all while you have a sec ban.
See, this is helpful. 'Ever using the gulag at any point for any reason violates a sec job ban' is clear, in the same way 'Ever fixing the SM at any point for any reason violates an engineering job ban' or 'Ever using a defib at any point for any reason violates a medbay job ban' is clear. They're still interpretations at odds with how job ban evasion has been treated in the past, and they're clearly nonsensical ones to apply to the captain role, but it has the virtue of being explicit.
Archie700 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:48 am You literally added Holding Cells and Armoury to your access as soon as you join the round.
Yes. Because that is the basic access needed to get a HUD and headset and thus equip yourself at the level of half the assistants on the station. Or to actually find the last surviving sec officer to try to get him to do something, or to get into an area that is slightly tougher to instantly break into than the rest of the station, or to have easy access to rechargers for the e-gun the HoP spawns with, or for a dozen other reasons that aren't evading a sec job ban in the very same way taking pharmacy access would violate a medbay job ban or engineering access an engineering job ban.
You clearly wanted to be able to gulag people yourself, without bothering to hand over criminals to actual security.
I think is generally considered good form to ban someone not because you read their mind but because of concrete actions they actually took.

blackdav123 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:02 am using the hopline to evade jobbans has always been against the rules
Using the hopline to evade jobbans has always been against the rules, just like evading jobbans without using the hopline has always been against the rules. Because evading jobbans is against the rules, using the hopline is not.
Last edited by Zybwivcz on Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #682830

NoxVS wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:57 pm Whatever name you give it, the title will probably be more verbose than the entirety of it Zyb's say history
USER RECEIVED /TG/ GOLD FOR THIS POST.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #682832

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:14 am
vect0r wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:38 am I think timber is saying to *not* gulag people, like at all while you have a sec ban.
See, this is helpful. 'Ever using the gulag at any point for any reason violates a sec job ban' is clear, in the same way 'Ever fixing the SM at any point for any reason violates an engineering job ban' or 'Ever using a defib at any point for any reason violates a medbay job ban' is clear. They're still interpretations at odds with how job ban evasion has been treated in the past, and they're clearly nonsensical ones to apply to the captain role, but it has the virtue of being explicit.
Archie700 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:48 am You literally added Holding Cells and Armoury to your access as soon as you join the round.
Yes. Because that is the basic access needed to get a HUD and headset and thus equip yourself at the level of half the assistants on the station. Or to actually find the last surviving sec officer to try to get him to do something, or to get into an area that is slightly tougher to instantly break into than the rest of the station, or to have easy access to rechargers for the e-gun the HoP spawns with, or for a dozen other reasons that aren't evading a sec job ban in the very same way taking pharmacy access would violate a medbay job ban or engineering access an engineering job ban.
You clearly wanted to be able to gulag people yourself, without bothering to hand over criminals to actual security.
I think is generally considered good form to ban someone not because you read their mind but because of concrete actions they actually took.

blackdav123 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:02 am using the hopline to evade jobbans has always been against the rules
Using the hopline to evade jobbans has always been against the rules, just like evading jobbans without using the hopline has always been against the rules. Because evading jobbans is against the rules, using the hopline is not.

Save all of this stuff for the ban appeal
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #682835

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:16 am
USER RECEIVED /TG/ GOLD FOR THIS POST.
Thanks for the gold kind stranger!
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #682837

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:14 am
you are adding sec access to your ID in multiple shifts despite a security ban. If you were banned from med and used the hop job to circumvent it the same way you did with this the result wouldnt change, so i dont see your point. HOP also spawns with enough sec access and its not hard to just ask for a hud and a headset. You also dont need armory access to… find the last sec officer? (i still dont know what you mean by this, do sec officers usually frequent the armory? do you not have a pda or a headset?).

HOP also has the bridge so your points about rechargers and having a safe place are null. It seems like you are pulling reasons of varying validity out of your ass to justify being hopcurity despite having a secban.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #682847

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:05 pm I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade 2: The Ride Never Ends
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682851

things that you SHOULD do as a HoP who is secbanned:
change accesses, manage your department (service), ensure job roles are filled, manage the slots

things you SHOULDN’T do as a HoP who is secbanned: give yourself roundstart full sec access, hunt antagonists, arrest and process people for crimes, gulag people, grab sec comms and HUDs

but Zyb knew that. it’s just easy to evade these things because admins aren’t always on or always aware of your bans and notes until you run into trouble. hilarious poetic justice that the only reason they became aware was because he bitched and moaned loud enough in ahelps and appeals to draw the attention to himself eventually.
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #682859

Maybe the reason you keep getting in these situations is that you are so concerned with getting gear, powergaming is one hell of a drug kids
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682867

TheLoLSwat wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:44 am It seems like you are pulling reasons of varying validity out of your ass to justify being hopcurity despite having a secban.
Zyb has a history of doing this.

Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682869

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:17 am Maybe the reason you keep getting in these situations is that you are so concerned with getting gear, powergaming is one hell of a drug kids
"Keep getting" as in not a single ban or note for anything resembling hopcurity despite an obscene number of rounds as HoP over a year, until Timberpoes miraculously discovers them by glancing at some logs at the very moment I piss him off in a forum thread?

TheLoLSwat wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:44 am you are adding sec access to your ID in multiple shifts despite a security ban.
I'm adding sec access to my ID in multiple shifts because it's incredibly useful even if you don't have any intention of acting as SEC which is why a third of the server seems to wind up with a bowman and SEC huds.
If you were banned from med and used the hop job to circumvent it the same way you did with this the result wouldnt change, so i dont see your point.
If you were jobbanned from medbay jobs and gave yourself access to be able to grab medicine from the pharmacy nobody would consider that circumventing a medbay jobban because you're obviously not taking a job in medbay. Even if you wind up using an epi pen you got from the pharmacy on someone in the hall later on.

"sec job ban" has never for a moment meant "you can't set foot in the security department".
HOP also spawns with enough sec access and its not hard to just ask for a hud and a headset. You also dont need armory access to… find the last sec officer? (i still dont know what you mean by this, do sec officers usually frequent the armory? do you not have a pda or a headset?).
I do ask for HUDs when there's a warden or HoS present who's actually engaged, which is not often. Security access without holding cells gives only access to the very front of the brig, the other rooms that compromise 2/3rds of the department need added access.

Armory access is for HUDs if the locker ones are gone, and for tracker implants which I tend to use on myself most rounds.
HOP also has the bridge so your points about rechargers and having a safe place are null. It seems like you are pulling reasons of varying validity out of your ass to justify being hopcurity despite having a secban.
Do you want me to explain at length the ways the bridge is about the least safe place to be during cult or revs or even for avoiding murderboners? Or that it's useful to have access to multiple chargers across the station?

The reason I seem to have reasons for all these things is because there are reasons for all these things.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #682870

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:21 am I do ask for HUDs when there's a warden or HoS present who's actually engaged, which is not often. Security access without holding cells gives only access to the very front of the brig, the other rooms that compromise 2/3rds of the department need added access.

Armory access is for HUDs if the locker ones are gone, and for tracker implants which I tend to use on myself most rounds.
So first off you don't need Sechuds to be a Head of personnel, you want them because the moment you see the red w you want to be able to chase them down. However that isn't even the biggest question I got here, why are you implant tracking yourself most rounds?
Image Image
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682871

Boot wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 am So first off you don't need Sechuds to be a Head of personnel, you want them because the moment you see the red w you want to be able to chase them down.
There is an entire game mode where having or not having a sec hud as a head is the difference between winding up a headless corpse in maint and not. Or being able to report on sec comms when someone wanted shows up, although I'm not sure if we're still with "HoPcurity is when the HoP reports sec issues to sec to handle" or "HoPcurity is when the HoP doesn't just report sec issues to sec to handle". SEChuds are universally useful for anyone who doesn't need to wear health or engi HUDs regardless if they have any desire whatsoever to play 'as sec', you know this.

Finally, you know when it's useful to see whether or not the assistant asking for for chem access or the assistant asking for engi access has a big red 'W' next to them? When you're the HoP.
However that isn't even the biggest question I got here, why are you implant tracking yourself most rounds?
Mostly because it means there's always a beacon on the shuttle, and because in theory it makes it possible for someone to recover my corpse when the tracker is stripped and stuck in a locker deep in maint(this generally has a poor success rate but there's always hope)
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:50 am things that you SHOULD do as a HoP who is secbanned:
change accesses, manage your department (service), ensure job roles are filled, manage the slots
I could provide exhaustive logs showing me doing this but since I get the feeling somehow the definition of what's considered 'hopcurity' would shift instantly, it would have no purpose other than to bore people.

On second thought I might do it for that.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #682872

why would you even care about who's wanted or not when you're playing hop. It's not your job to care, give people access, it's not gonna be the end of the world if one of them turns out to have been set to arrest.
► Show Spoiler
Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #682875

Striders13 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:11 am why would you even care about who's wanted or not when you're playing hop. It's not your job to care, give people access, it's not gonna be the end of the world if one of them turns out to have been set to arrest.
You want me to write a whole primer on why it makes sense to be able to see the arrest status and sec record of someone who shows up at the HoP desk demanding access to chem or toxins or atmos or engineering or a dozen other places, or did that long rhetorical question do it?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #682877

Imagine if you had this tool called "Command radio" which you could use to effortlessly communicate with other authority figures on the station when deciding if someone who seems suspiscious should be given access
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #682880

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:21 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:17 am Maybe the reason you keep getting in these situations is that you are so concerned with getting gear, powergaming is one hell of a drug kids
"Keep getting" as in not a single ban or note for anything resembling hopcurity despite an obscene number of rounds as HoP over a year, until Timberpoes miraculously discovers them by glancing at some logs at the very moment I piss him off in a forum thread?
I could give less of shit about your notes, I am going off you saying ”I go for sechuds and security bowmans every round” that is objectivly going for gear
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #682885

Armhulen wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:05 pm I Want Off HoP's Wild Peanut Parade 2: The Ride Never Ends
respect (let him do his thing)
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #682886

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:32 am
Striders13 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:11 am why would you even care about who's wanted or not when you're playing hop. It's not your job to care, give people access, it's not gonna be the end of the world if one of them turns out to have been set to arrest.
You want me to write a whole primer on why it makes sense to be able to see the arrest status and sec record of someone who shows up at the HoP desk demanding access to chem or toxins or atmos or engineering or a dozen other places, or did that long rhetorical question do it?
imagine if you didnt fucking care, and gave people whatever access they wanted, thus enabling CRAZY WACKY SITUATIONS?????? SCENARIOS???? ANTAGS DOING THINGS??? ASSISTANTS DOING GIMMICKS???????????

IMAGINE?????
Last edited by Kendrickorium on Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #682887

might as well go ahead and change the thread title now anne, this is now a peanut thread with an appeal up or not
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #682890

you could rename this thread to "when you're in a hole quit digging" as friendly advice to man who is providing more evidence that it was a great idea to ban him for free unprompted in this thread
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #682892

It needs to have peanut in the name or else his lordship Armpit won't like it, so there's only really two options.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #682906

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:46 am you could rename this thread to "when you're in a hole quit digging" as friendly advice to man who is providing more evidence that it was a great idea to ban him for free unprompted in this thread
Dont post in your own peanut kids
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #682907

expecting that mf to do paperwork and consulting head of department to ask whether to grant access might have been too much RP work for him
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #682954

When is the thread coming
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682962

How about not trying to optimize your gameplay in a way that eliminates all fun and risk in exchange for your own personal enjoyment, and playing the game in an interesting way that creates stories for others?

With permabanned regards,
-SinfulBliss
Spoiler:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #682967

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:05 am
Boot wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 am So first off you don't need Sechuds to be a Head of personnel, you want them because the moment you see the red w you want to be able to chase them down.
There is an entire game mode where having or not having a sec hud as a head is the difference between winding up a headless corpse in maint and not.
This is just powergaming, you are basing something of x antag rolling. This type of play is really unfun, its like stealing the chaps nullrod because there is a gamemode were its the difference between life and death.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #682968

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:03 pm
How about not trying to optimize your gameplay in a way that eliminates all fun and risk in exchange for your own personal enjoyment, and playing the game in an interesting way that creates stories for others?

With permabanned regards,
-SinfulBliss
STOP QUOTING YOUR POSTS
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682970

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:41 pm When is the thread coming
I'm waiting for Zyb's appeal, given that this thread's already full of a bunch of stuff.
Though a lot of people have shared their thoughts regarding the ban. And the potential appellant is in here using his sonic jackhammer desperately attempting to make the hole deeper, somehow.

ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #682971

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:13 pm
Zybwivcz wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:05 am
There is an entire game mode where having or not having a sec hud as a head is the difference between winding up a headless corpse in maint and not.
This is just powergaming, you are basing something of x antag rolling. This type of play is really unfun, its like stealing the chaps nullrod because there is a gamemode were its the difference between life and death.
That's different. Sec huds exist in dozens, taking one doesn't harm anyone, but the null rod is unique.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.