LOCKING THE THREAD BECAUSE BAWHOPPEN IS TOO POWERFUL

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

WHAT NAME SHOULD IT BE

The Reverse Revolver Wasn't Enough, Zybwivcz Wants Himself Banned 💀
13%
The Reverse Revolver Wasn't Enough, Zybwivcz Shoots Himself Again
18%
Everyone Watch Zybwivcz Shoot Himself A Second Time Peanut
20%
Zybwivcz Unsatisfied With Life After Shooting Himself In The Face, Does It Again [Peanut]
16%
Zybwivcz Unsatisfied With Life After Shooting Himself In The Face, Shoots Himself In The Face Again
33%

Total votes: 45

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #682722

Bottom post of the previous page:

I was talking with Kendrickorium about it because I thought I had a funny idea. But now we're both conflicted. Help us decide.
For context.
Last edited by datorangebottle on Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: What the hell do we name an incoming peanut thread?

Post by dirk_mcblade » #683134

ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:49 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:41 am
Archie700 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:33 am The real problem was Zyb giving himself holding cells access round start and then gulaging people as HoP.
The reasons why he wasn't "caught" were because he was randomnaming, making it harder for others to identify him, and that admins aren't usually aware because they don't get pinged when he performs a change of access or are aware of his notes.
He should be appearanced banned to fix the randomnaming.
What I'm proposing is a degradation of zyb to the point that there is no practical way he can interfere with antagonists, yet his compulsion to play the game will keep him around.
A clockwork zybwivcz.
Job ban him to assistant only, force him to have a static name, give him the pacifist trait, and the galactic uncommon trait. Watch him to see if he keeps playing under these circumstances. He can be rehabilitated.
"Encourage him to roleplay by (among other things) removing his ability to talk with other players"
This might be one of the dumbest suggestions I've read on player rehabilitation.
He can still talk to the curator.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #683135

I like the idea of keeping Zyb around as admin job content and I would be supportive of it, however Zyb's sec ban was choosing to keep him around and he blew it. That was his chance.

He forgot that I'm one of a handful of proactive headmins that will investigate things on my own initiative. I was originally going to leave it as offhand peanut comments about secbanned Zyb being involved in a HoPcurity incident as a one off. Sometimes shit happens and the Cap did originally ask him to arrest the guy.

But Zyb just had to post in that note appeal. He had to dispute it being overturned. He had to try and bullshit me to my face. Bullshit me despite throwing logs at him where he demonstrably knew the captain told him to release the guy and he gulagged them anyway.

Bullshitting me to my face despite the logs saying otherwise was where I decided it was now worth my time to look into it.

The sec ban was a chance for Zyb to take a break from his past play, try new things and come back as a player more suited to where we want the server to progress.

The irony is, if he'd appealed his sec ban this term I'd probably have given him a chance to bounce back. He's clearly done what we wanted and put in an immense number of hours to non-sec roles.

But he instead opted for this backdoor way to play security via HoP and Cap roles. That's just not acceptable.

And his IC conduct is pretty much the same as it was before, so no character arc evolution. No benefit of the doubt to give, because there is no doubt.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #683136

Alright I wave the white flag of defeat
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #683138

I feel like I started this whole thing by posting the complete logs of him torturing the assistant before, during, and after the captain told him multiple times to let him go or take him to security.
It was basically just giving him rope to hang himself with.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #683140

What's wrong with disobeying the captain, in an OOC/admin context? It violates no rule.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #683141

ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:27 am What's wrong with disobeying the captain, in an OOC/admin context? It violates no rule.
I don't think it's about that at this point.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #683142

Bullshit me despite throwing logs at him where he demonstrably knew the captain told him to release the guy and he gulagged them anyway.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #683143

ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:34 am
Bullshit me despite throwing logs at him where he demonstrably knew the captain told him to release the guy and he gulagged them anyway.
I'm more irked by the "tormenting him for over 10 minutes before sending him to gulag instead of bringing him to security and stripping him of his IDs and hand tele before handing him over to security for punishment".

But if the captain tells you to let someone go, you better have a damn good explanation for not doing that.
Last edited by Archie700 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #683144

Archie700 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:33 am The real problem was Zyb giving himself holding cells access round start and then gulaging people as HoP.
The reasons why he wasn't "caught" were because he was randomnaming, making it harder for others to identify him, and that admins aren't usually aware because they don't get pinged when he performs a change of access or are aware of his notes.
What I'm proposing is a degradation of zyb to the point that there is no practical way he can interfere with antagonists, yet his compulsion to play the game will keep him around.
A clockwork zybwivcz.
Job ban him to assistant only, force him to have a static name, give him the pacifist trait, and the galactic uncommon trait. Watch him to see if he keeps playing under these circumstances. He can be rehabilitated.
"Encourage him to roleplay by (among other things) removing his ability to talk with other players"
This might be one of the dumbest suggestions I've read on player rehabilitation.
Hell's feeling quite cool right now? Is it because I find myself agreeing with Ekaterina? Forced Galactic Uncommon is really the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #683145

He was banned from playing sec in a separate rule break. The Captain's order is significant only in the context that zyb carried out security duties while being commanded ICly not to carry out security duties which established him being a non ICly sanctioned hopcurity so he had no IC justification to breach this OOC ban concerning a separate rule violation.
What the headmin is more concerned about though is that he thinks zyb is lying to him when confronted about this though.
That's my reading of it but I also think forcing him tk not be able to talk is a good idea, so I could be a mile off.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #683146

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:50 am
A clockwork zybwivcz.
Hell's feeling quite cool right now? Is it because I find myself agreeing with Ekaterina? Forced Galactic Uncommon is really the straw that breaks the camel's back.
I think galactic uncommon is the key to all this, but an innovative idea isn't always embraced by the masses.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #683157

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:53 am
He was banned from playing sec in a separate rule break. The Captain's order is significant only in the context that zyb carried out security duties while being commanded ICly not to carry out security duties which established him being a non ICly sanctioned hopcurity so he had no IC justification to breach this OOC ban concerning a separate rule violation.
What the headmin is more concerned about though is that he thinks zyb is lying to him when confronted about this though.
That's my reading of it but I also think forcing him tk not be able to talk is a good idea, so I could be a mile off.
Basically this.

This is gonna be a bit of a lengthy post, but it's a fucking cold Saturday afternoon and I've got a bit of time to spare for a fireside chat about my view of the administration and the place of role bans within the wider context, this incident in general and how this escalated from a note appeal to the ahelper being banned.

So buckle your fuckles boys, we're going Timberstyle.

If you're banned from a role, that doesn't mean to necessarily banned from all mechanics in that role. The game is far more sandboxy than a simple role ban can ever possibly account for, and all we want is evidence that a player knows and can follow the rules and reach the requested standards to overturn a role ban.

Take a hypothetical scenario. Someone that was banned from Engineering probably shouldn't be bwoinked if the SM was delamming and nobody could fix it, and they go up and in good faith properly fix the delam then fuck back off out of the department. Their actions are good faith and they are clearly performing the role to a desired standard of play. (Which was all we wanted in the first place)

If after fixing the SM delam, they started upgrading the SM or went over to the HFR to mix up spicy gasses they'd now be stepping out of good faith and into evading their role ban. But honestly, probably nobody would notice this...

... Unless they fucked it up and did one of the things they got banned for in the first place, like causing a new SM delam that couldn't be fixed or blowing up the HFR. That's likely to attract admin attention and they can consider themselves incredibly lucky if they get away with it despite that.

That's what the essence of a role ban falls down to. The admin thinks you're okay enough to play on our servers in general without 24/7 admin supervision, but that playing a specific role is causing you to end up in situations where you break the rules and you simply cannot stop yourself but to play that role. If they didn't think you were okay enough to play without 24/7 supervision, you'd be server banned.

If you can't control yourself, you should make sure you don't play roles where you may have to cross over into the lane of your role ban.

There are so many different ways to soft-evade all our role bans except Silicon (which is pretty much impossible to evade because it's less of a "role" ban and more of a "species" ban - the only way to play as a silicon is to enter a silicon body, and we can reject role banned players from ever being able to do this at a code level) that it's a test of personal character and honesty more than anything else. Many people pass that test of character and overcome their role bans. Some people fail it.

Applying that same thought process to the scenario at hand, if Zyb had handed over Saprasam to security when asked to arrest, they would have been complying in good faith with their role ban. The Captain's order would have been valid reasoning to arrest the person in question and following it would have been fine despite his sec job ban - up to the point of handing the player over to security forces (if present), otherwise asking the Cap for more advice on what to do.

Actually carrying out the functions of a sec officer independently was breaching the sec ban. Doing whatever he wanted after the Cap told him not to is the equivalent of stepping out of good faith and into evading the role ban. If he wanted the player gulagged anyway, the smart thing would have been to relay the order/request to sec, let them handle it and it's golden. The dumb thing would be to do it himself.

The above applies even moreso when you're the Captain, a sec-banned Captain should be delegating all sec tasks and decisions to other relevant players.

I think everyone was quite happy to leave it as "HoP Fucked Around Then Found Out: The Movie: The Novel: The Video Game: The IC Issue". We all sort of knew Zyb probably breached his sec ban in some way, shape or form. But the key part is, nobody really cared enough to do much else than meme on it. But he did actions that drew attention to it, just like the hypothetical Engi-banned player that tries to "improve" the SM and delams it. They become a blip on the investigative radar.

By disagreeing with the note being overturned, Zyb prompted a more thorough investigation. As is his right to do so as the player that was killed; if there was a valid reason to ban or note then as a headmin it's one of my many responsibilities to investigate and make sure the decision to overturn the note was righteous.

The problem is that in investigating I saw the full extent of Zyb's conduct that shift, which included blatant play in bad-faith against his sec ban. When I saw this, I threw him one last bone to drop the issue because I knew precisely where this was headed if I did a full investigation into whether this was a freak one-off or a regular occurrence.
Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:32 pm ...

Is my interpretation of that wrong? Because you're making it awfully difficult for me to leave this appeal at just the note being overturned by the banning admin when I'm seeing something that looks like a sec banned player doing sec stuff, then ahelping after their shitty sec play gets them killed.

If you're this ignorant and being this obtuse about what I wrote, I'm genuinely tempted to investigate the incident properly and get some good closure on this. Because from a cursory glance at Archie's logs, it looks like I need to issue you with a server ban for evading your security ban.

Acting in your own capacity as if you were security and getting validly killed as a result clearly wasn't enough of a lesson that finding out often proceeds fucking around if you've got the time to dig your own grave, jump inside and dare me to fill it.
This post was a character test. Zyb's response to that post was a failure to pass that test. His response not only deflected responsibility for his own actions, but actively tried to bullshit me. It was such a failure that in trying to grade it right now, I've actually hit Z minus minus and had to dip into the Greek alphabet all the way down to Ω minus minus, and that is still being charitable.

And thus, half an hour later he found himself banned after a thorough investigation into his most recent 50 shifts (which is basically just the week he played after the note was made, with a few shifts before that) and in true Zybwivcz fashion, he ended up accidentally shooting himself.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
ariever
Byond Username: Ariever

Post by ariever » #683161

Impoverished addict injects access to fuel addiction to the color red
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #683162

ariever wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:08 pm Impoverished addict injects access to fuel addiction to the color red
oh fuck that's a good one
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #683163

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #683166

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:18 pm Image
Adminning on easy mode.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #683191

Giving him a stupid meme ban isn't productive, it's just more toxic.

Again, we treat Zyb like shit, and he treats us like shit. It's not healthy. Break the loop. Send him somewhere else where he can fit in.
Spoiler:

Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #683192

Mice World wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:16 am ...
Yeah, I think we're pretty much on the same page here. The only real difference between you and I is that I think community interaction starts the moment a new player joins a game, and that those interactions should become more and more common and sophisticated the longer they play.

Most people don't learn on localhost--you're the exception, not the rule, and even then you still regularly post on the forums (and aren't an infinite source of drama).

My bad for not communicating clearly enough, hope we're sorted on this.
Spoiler:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #683195

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:30 pm
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:53 am
Basically this.

This is gonna be a bit of a lengthy post, but it's a fucking cold Saturday afternoon and I've got a bit of time to spare for a fireside chat about my view of the administration and the place of role bans within the wider context, this incident in general and how this escalated from a note appeal to the ahelper being banned.

So buckle your fuckles boys, we're going Timberstyle.

If you're banned from a role, that doesn't mean to necessarily banned from all mechanics in that role. The game is far more sandboxy than a simple role ban can ever possibly account for, and all we want is evidence that a player knows and can follow the rules and reach the requested standards to overturn a role ban.

Take a hypothetical scenario. Someone that was banned from Engineering probably shouldn't be bwoinked if the SM was delamming and nobody could fix it, and they go up and in good faith properly fix the delam then fuck back off out of the department. Their actions are good faith and they are clearly performing the role to a desired standard of play. (Which was all we wanted in the first place)

If after fixing the SM delam, they started upgrading the SM or went over to the HFR to mix up spicy gasses they'd now be stepping out of good faith and into evading their role ban. But honestly, probably nobody would notice this...

... Unless they fucked it up and did one of the things they got banned for in the first place, like causing a new SM delam that couldn't be fixed or blowing up the HFR. That's likely to attract admin attention and they can consider themselves incredibly lucky if they get away with it despite that.

That's what the essence of a role ban falls down to. The admin thinks you're okay enough to play on our servers in general without 24/7 admin supervision, but that playing a specific role is causing you to end up in situations where you break the rules and you simply cannot stop yourself but to play that role. If they didn't think you were okay enough to play without 24/7 supervision, you'd be server banned.

If you can't control yourself, you should make sure you don't play roles where you may have to cross over into the lane of your role ban.

There are so many different ways to soft-evade all our role bans except Silicon (which is pretty much impossible to evade because it's less of a "role" ban and more of a "species" ban - the only way to play as a silicon is to enter a silicon body, and we can reject role banned players from ever being able to do this at a code level) that it's a test of personal character and honesty more than anything else. Many people pass that test of character and overcome their role bans. Some people fail it.

Applying that same thought process to the scenario at hand, if Zyb had handed over Saprasam to security when asked to arrest, they would have been complying in good faith with their role ban. The Captain's order would have been valid reasoning to arrest the person in question and following it would have been fine despite his sec job ban - up to the point of handing the player over to security forces (if present), otherwise asking the Cap for more advice on what to do.

Actually carrying out the functions of a sec officer independently was breaching the sec ban. Doing whatever he wanted after the Cap told him not to is the equivalent of stepping out of good faith and into evading the role ban. If he wanted the player gulagged anyway, the smart thing would have been to relay the order/request to sec, let them handle it and it's golden. The dumb thing would be to do it himself.

The above applies even moreso when you're the Captain, a sec-banned Captain should be delegating all sec tasks and decisions to other relevant players.

I think everyone was quite happy to leave it as "HoP Fucked Around Then Found Out: The Movie: The Novel: The Video Game: The IC Issue". We all sort of knew Zyb probably breached his sec ban in some way, shape or form. But the key part is, nobody really cared enough to do much else than meme on it. But he did actions that drew attention to it, just like the hypothetical Engi-banned player that tries to "improve" the SM and delams it. They become a blip on the investigative radar.

By disagreeing with the note being overturned, Zyb prompted a more thorough investigation. As is his right to do so as the player that was killed; if there was a valid reason to ban or note then as a headmin it's one of my many responsibilities to investigate and make sure the decision to overturn the note was righteous.

The problem is that in investigating I saw the full extent of Zyb's conduct that shift, which included blatant play in bad-faith against his sec ban. When I saw this, I threw him one last bone to drop the issue because I knew precisely where this was headed if I did a full investigation into whether this was a freak one-off or a regular occurrence.
Timberpoes wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:32 pm ...

Is my interpretation of that wrong? Because you're making it awfully difficult for me to leave this appeal at just the note being overturned by the banning admin when I'm seeing something that looks like a sec banned player doing sec stuff, then ahelping after their shitty sec play gets them killed.

If you're this ignorant and being this obtuse about what I wrote, I'm genuinely tempted to investigate the incident properly and get some good closure on this. Because from a cursory glance at Archie's logs, it looks like I need to issue you with a server ban for evading your security ban.

Acting in your own capacity as if you were security and getting validly killed as a result clearly wasn't enough of a lesson that finding out often proceeds fucking around if you've got the time to dig your own grave, jump inside and dare me to fill it.
This post was a character test. Zyb's response to that post was a failure to pass that test. His response not only deflected responsibility for his own actions, but actively tried to bullshit me. It was such a failure that in trying to grade it right now, I've actually hit Z minus minus and had to dip into the Greek alphabet all the way down to Ω minus minus, and that is still being charitable.

And thus, half an hour later he found himself banned after a thorough investigation into his most recent 50 shifts (which is basically just the week he played after the note was made, with a few shifts before that) and in true Zybwivcz fashion, he ended up accidentally shooting himself.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #683196

ekaterina wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:27 am What's wrong with disobeying the captain, in an OOC/admin context? It violates no rule.
In this specific context, he's disobeying the captain's sentencing. Even if ordered directly to arrest someone, it's not the HoP's job to sentence the criminal; it's security's. That duty falls to security unless otherwise noted(i.e. the captain saying "do what you want with him"). Taking a hand in sentencing is running afoul of his security jobban by taking on their duties.
If the captain has you arrest someone, you'd better have a good reason to keep them arrested if he later tells you to let them go- ESPECIALLY if you aren't security. At that point, the captain's not even stepping on your toes, you're just being a dick to the captain and possibly the arrested party, depending on how the captain is telling you to deal with them.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #683197

dig up, stupid
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #683208

technically if you dig deep enough you will eventually return to the surface, maybe zyb is just testing the theory
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #683249

Zyb preemptively torpedoing his own appeal by posting in a pre-appeal peanut

Looking cacogen there
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #683256

Can we lock this until a real appeal happens
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #683261

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:02 am Can we lock this until a real appeal happens
Sure. No need to let Zyb continue with his hole digging.