Fresh Blacklist Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Fresh Blacklist Peanut

Post by AwkwardStereo » #683913

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33983

what the hell is going on man
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Fresh Blacklist Peanut

Post by Vekter » #684016

tl;dr The only reason Saren might not have been told is if it would've harmed another player in a significant manner, so if he wasn't told, that would be why.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #684017

BUT the conspiracy theories are more funny than that. So carry on as usual, Peanuteers.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #684022

Timberpoes wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:26 pm BUT the conspiracy theories are more funny than that. So carry on as usual, Peanuteers.
They were banned because they and MSO were LOVERS and they were JILTED
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #684027

He was blacklisted because he worked himself into a shoot brother and you gotta know when it's a work and not a shoot
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #684028

this is only weird because i've interacted with seren countless times ingame and they've always been a friendly an innocuous sort: nothing ever gave me the impression that they would be blacklisted down the line for top secret highly confidential reasons. it's like finding out your pleasant elderly neighbour who likes growing petunias and training for the neighbourhood charity speedwalking race was codenamed "the black death" internally by the FBI and is under 24/7 high security surveillance
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #684032

ekaterina wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:48 am
datorangebottle wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:51 am All we have is 'i am banned' and 'tough shit'.
Which in itself is disturbing. That any one of us could be randomly blacklisted and not even know why, does that not bother you?
I wouldn't have brought it up if it didn't bother me in some way.
Timber's post is reassuring, though.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #684035

good conclusion lock the thread up stereo
respect (let him do his thing)
Slurge
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Slurge

Post by Slurge » #684039

Vekter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:52 am
JusticeGoat wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:40 am I feel that everyone should have the right to know what they are accused of at the very least. Even if its in private he is owed a single explanation and then can remain on the blacklist.
It is entirely possible that Saren was told why he was blacklisted and thinks appealing the ban while lying about it will drum up enough support to cause a problem.
Excuse me? I wasn’t told anything by anyone until like 12 am last night. Why the hell would I lie about this? I wasn’t told anything until I contacted MSO himself. this is a really gross accusation imo.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #684040

honeypot was a success now he can be blacklisted for posting in his own peanut thread
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #684041

JusticeGoat wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:51 am
Fikou wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:41 am
JusticeGoat wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:40 am I feel that everyone should have the right to know what they are accused of at the very least. Even if its in private he is owed a single explanation and then can remain on the blacklist.
It is entirely possible that Saren was told why he was blacklisted and thinks appealing the ban while lying about it will drum up enough support to cause a problem.
bro what the hell
I'm not sure what you even mean by this? He brings up a point, that maybe the person was talked to?
its a stupid fucking point, your first reaction of someone not knowing why they got banned being an assumption of lying and bad faith to gather support from forum readers is really strange!
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #684043

Absolutely vekter moment
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #684047

Slurge wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:53 pm
Excuse me? I wasn’t told anything by anyone until like 12 am last night. Why the hell would I lie about this? I wasn’t told anything until I contacted MSO himself. this is a really gross accusation imo.
I'm not accusing you of anything, if I was, I would have said "Saren was told why he was blacklisted", not "It's possible that this is what happened".

Do I think that's what happened? No, especially now that more details were posted, but I've seen other people do similar shit in other communities, so I put the idea out there as a possibility.
Spoiler:

Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684048

This is the only time I will ever say this, but Vekter was right to make that remark.

It is not uncommon for people to stir drama by making up things to paint themselves in the better light, even though they may very well have been told why they were banned, or didn't NEED to be told why because it was already so obvious and they knew what they were doing...

Regardless of this individual case, it's a very real possibility something like that can happen, and Vekter pointing that out was perfectly fair.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Slurge
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Slurge » #684053

Vekter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:23 pm
Slurge wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:53 pm
I'm not accusing you of anything, if I was, I would have said "Saren was told why he was blacklisted", not "It's possible that this is what happened".

Do I think that's what happened? No, especially now that more details were posted, but I've seen other people do similar shit in other communities, so I put the idea out there as a possibility.
Its still a VERY odd thing to say about someone you, and i quote, "have never interacted with". You could have just said "oh maybe he lied" or something like that. You really did not have to say what "he thinks". Its gross negativity i REALLY do not need right now. No matter the way you word it. So please, don’t propagate stuff like this.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #684056

Slurge wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:38 pm Its still a VERY odd thing to say about someone you, and i quote, "have never interacted with". You could have just said "oh maybe he lied" or something like that. You really did not have to say what "he thinks". Its gross negativity i REALLY do not need right now. No matter the way you word it. So please, don’t propagate stuff like this.
Alright, fair enough. I didn't mean to imply anything about you or your motives.
Spoiler:

Slurge
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Slurge » #684057

Just to clarify for everyone. I have been told the reason after I made the appeal. I don’t know how much I can say, but it’s a lot of shit over the months that’s made me ill and severely malnourished due to stress. I do wish I was told sooner, but it is a delicate situation that I haven’t had a say in yet.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #684065

vekter you’re in a position of power and in-the-know as you have stated later in this thread “trust me because i trust the admins” and whatnot. your first post here was pretty irresponsible because it definitely seemed less “this is a possibility” and more “consider this possibility as truth *wink* *wink* read between the lines”.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #684066

MODS!! LOCK IT UP!!
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #684067

can you guys shut the fuck up about locking this thread already
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684075

Let's lock the thread how bout that
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #684079

conrad wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:24 pm Let's lock the thread how bout that
i'm going to lock you in a chest binding of isaac style
Slurge
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Slurge » #684081

iwishforducks wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:06 pm vekter you’re in a position of power and in-the-know as you have stated later in this thread “trust me because i trust the admins” and whatnot. your first post here was pretty irresponsible because it definitely seemed less “this is a possibility” and more “consider this possibility as truth *wink* *wink* read between the lines”.
That’s exactly what my issue was with it. Even so, I don’t want the thread locked because of this, so let’s drop that subject for now please.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684082

iwishforducks wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:29 pm
conrad wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:24 pm Let's lock the thread how bout that
i'm going to lock you in a chest binding of isaac style
:id: LOCK. :id: IT. :id:
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684090

alright. i'm here.

lock it up.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #684095

tg players when there's even the slightest hint of conflict.

I think they are all permabottoms
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684099

oranges wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:25 pm tg players when there's even the slightest hint of conflict.

Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #684124

Don't lock it please
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684127

oranges wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:25 pm tg players when there's even the slightest hint of conflict.

A true top knows when to use restraint. Only a bottom would be unwilling to lock it.

Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #684128

Actually fuck oranges baited me into responding so hard

Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #684129

Thanks for explianing blacklist policy, it was helpful to understand why the actions taken were necessary.
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #684132

Slurge wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:08 pm Just to clarify for everyone. I have been told the reason after I made the appeal. I don’t know how much I can say, but it’s a lot of shit over the months that’s made me ill and severely malnourished due to stress. I do wish I was told sooner, but it is a delicate situation that I haven’t had a say in yet.
I missed this the first couple times I scrolled this thread.

I'll leave the thread open for another day before locking it.

This was the only thing that struck me as strange about the appeal and being that this has been addressed, there's not much else to discuss.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #684135

just let the thread die naturally no sense in locking it manually
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #684208

dendydoom wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:24 pm this is only weird because i've interacted with seren countless times ingame and they've always been a friendly an innocuous sort: nothing ever gave me the impression that they would be blacklisted down the line for top secret highly confidential reasons. it's like finding out your pleasant elderly neighbour who likes growing petunias and training for the neighbourhood charity speedwalking race was codenamed "the black death" internally by the FBI and is under 24/7 high security surveillance
That's how I felt about it as well. Seren is also one of the people that first come to mind when I think of when it comes to people on Manuel. I've never heard anything bad about him. I had a really nice round in cargo with Seren as the QM a few days prior to his ban.

I'm shocked, but I imagine if the admins, headmins, and MSO are keeping it this classified then it must have been something serious. MSO and the headmins don't really come across as the folks to get really petty about a random user and blacklist them out of nowhere (anyone who was on the old Facepunch forums knows what I'm talking about).

It's telling that Timberpoes isn't going into more detail about it, seeing as they usually will give a full (but exhausting) explanation to whatever.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #684244

Vekter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:06 pm tl;dr The only reason Saren might not have been told is if it would've harmed another player in a significant manner, so if he wasn't told, that would be why.
I think that's bunk because like, I had to argue my way out of a blacklist for a doxx that not only I didn't even do, but didn't happen in the first place, and everyone on the admin team sat around chanting the "GOOF WASN'T TOLD BECAUSE IT'S DANGEROUS STOP ASKING QUESTIONS" bullshit until an admin leaked that the entire thing was bullshit

people have a right to know what they're being banned for, it sounds like MSO did indeed discuss it with seren and that's good
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #684520

i hope seren will be okay
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #685063

whats going on
toemas

Post by toemas » #685064

?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #685065

he do a thing an get ban
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
toemas

Post by toemas » #685066

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 am he do a thing an get ban
What did he do?
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #685068

toemas wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:36 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 am he do a thing an get ban
What did he do?
we don't know for certain. the only minutely interesting thing when i made the thread was that they had not been told why they were blacklisted. they have since been informed by their own admission, but the full details (and even vague details) are being kept behind closed doors to the peanuting public.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #685071

That means all there is to do is speculate wildly, right?

He tried building a time machine to bring Hitler to 2023.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #685072

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:11 am He tried building a time machine to bring Hitler to 2023.
he stopped the man who travelled with a time machine to strangle baby hitler
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #685085

wubli wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:16 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:11 am He tried building a time machine to bring Hitler to 2023.
He WAS baby hitler.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #685127

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:09 pm
He WAS baby hitler.
He was a tiny clone of Hitler
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #685193

Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:20 am

A true top knows when to use restraint. Only a bottom would be unwilling to lock it.
dot dot dot
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #685194

Cobby wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:55 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:20 am

dot dot dot
this hitler line of discussion is vital to the health of this thread, it stays open
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #685197

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:25 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:09 pm
He WAS baby hitler.
He was a tiny clone of Hitler
Isn't this just the plot of an Austin Powers movie?