Most controversial issues in space station 13

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Most controversial issues in space station 13

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #684486

What are the most controversial beliefs in coding, policy, and gameplay styles.
I'm not looking for something that the vast majority of people think is bad, but it gets brought up often enough to get people's panties in a twist.
We are looking for truly the most decisive beliefs and topics.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Most controversial issues in space station 13

Post by kinnebian » #684487

stun combat? new maps also usually get the community a bit up in arms
respect (let him do his thing)
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #684488

Post-revs, and in particular there's this attitude of antag rounds being sacred. Eg. "my antag round was ruined because an admin spawned 3 blobs". In my experience, players think antag rounds are special and admins think theyre cheap.

Speaking of antags being cheap, the ability for admins giving out antag tokens
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684489

The absolute unbridled entitlement of some people. It's a free game run by volunteers, developed for free open source. You have no rights, you have privileges.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #684495

conrad wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:54 pm The absolute unbridled entitlement of some people. It's a free game run by volunteers, developed for free open source. You have no rights, you have privileges.
WHO WATCHES THE WATCHER
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #684496

WineAllWine wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:50 pm Post-revs, and in particular there's this attitude of antag rounds being sacred. Eg. "my antag round was ruined because an admin spawned 3 blobs". In my experience, players think antag rounds are special and admins think theyre cheap.

We do need to make antags cheaper, it causes people to play more aggressive but also would make people less toxic when they do get owned. I think plays getting a monthly tot/heretic token allowance of 1 token isn't a bad idea just so you can have some control
Last edited by Shellton(Mario) on Mon May 08, 2023 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #684497

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:46 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:50 pm Post-revs, and in particular there's this attitude of antag rounds being sacred. Eg. "my antag round was ruined because an admin spawned 3 blobs". In my experience, players think antag rounds are special and admins think theyre cheap.

We do need to make antags cheaper, it causes people to play more aggressive but also would make people less toxic when they do get owned
Congrats on proving my point that it's controversial
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #684498

Any new map, tragic how much flak every new map gets tbh
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #684499

I don't know why it bothered me so much but I remember getting really annoyed while reading some policy threads because people kept arguing in circles about what LRP and MRP is. It doesn't even matter in terms of the policy because we just have servers with and without the roleplay ruleset. Who cares if terry/manuel/sybil/the codebase is LRP/MRP/HRP or whatever the fuck.
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #684500

conrad wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:54 pm The absolute unbridled entitlement of some people. It's a free game run by volunteers, developed for free open source. You have no rights, you have privileges.
Feel free to stop doing it for free anytime jannie.
Image Image
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684502

You gotta love throwing a generic, metaphorical problem and seeing people take the blame on their own lmfao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #684506

The removal of nanites has been awful for the game overall. That’s my hot take
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #684507

The two most controversial things are felinids and silicon policy.
The only correct take on either topic is the opposite of whatever the person you're talking to thinks.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #684510

WineAllWine wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:50 pmIn my experience, players think antag rounds are special and admins think theyre cheap.
Well, duh. From an admin's point of view, there are antags every round. From the player's point of view, he rolls antag once a full moon.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #684511

Jackraxxus wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:13 pm The two most controversial things are felinids and silicon policy.
The only correct take on either topic is the opposite of whatever the person you're talking to thinks.
Ding ding!
We have a winner.
Your reward is this silly banana gun
banana-revolver-funny-vegan-gun-mister-tee.jpg
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #684517

players believing their opinion matters or is relevant to the game development process
massa

Post by massa » #684533

^ that's bait don't even quote reply it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #684542

it's a simple fact of reality, there is no democracy in the development process.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #684544

That there should really be a codified space law system that's actually used. As it currently stands, the space law wiki page is 100% pointless and essentially a noob trap for new sec officers to get boinked because they perma'd a guy for running around with a backpack full of syndie shit and killing someone, instead of giving him a whole two minutes of jail. (of which the person has a 30% chance of ghosting out of spite anyways)
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Tue May 09, 2023 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #684547

fastmos
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #684568

disliking tram is a skill issue
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #684577

Capsandi wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:36 amfastmos
What the fuck do people even mean by this. Anything that actually moves gas is fastmos: monstermos, auxmos, katmos, ZAS, FEA, fuckin nu-LINDA.
We have names man just use em. Least that way I can understand what's being said (even if half of em are named after their developers curse you monster)
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #684579

progtot
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #684581

virology.
you either love it or hate it.
inb4 sinfulbliss walks in here just to call it 'mid' and make me look bad.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #684584

Sex?

With obvious regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #684591

Creating MRP servers was a mistake. We should have just ever so slightly raised the mandated level of RP on tg servers across the board.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #684592

kawoppi wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 pm I don't know why it bothered me so much but I remember getting really annoyed while reading some policy threads because people kept arguing in circles about what LRP and MRP is. It doesn't even matter in terms of the policy because we just have servers with and without the roleplay ruleset. Who cares if terry/manuel/sybil/the codebase is LRP/MRP/HRP or whatever the fuck.
I'm glad that this mindset has been dissipating not just for TG, but across SS13 as a whole. Its far less prevalent and toxic compared to how it was. A lot of servers had an epiphany that its all meaningless unless outright defined.
Hugs
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #684604

talking to people

how much, how often, "do I have to", "do I have to be believable", etc.
this is a roleplaying game, it says so on the rules page, and there's always going to be new people to talk to so that you don't have to wait on code updates for some sort of new experience
but the "me click man til horizontal unga valid" mindset is strong for some people
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #684607

Rule 11
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #684621

mindstormy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm Creating MRP servers was a mistake. We should have just ever so slightly raised the mandated level of RP on tg servers across the board.
manuel is high rp

tg sybil basil and terry are medium rp
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #684622

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:10 pm talking to people

how much, how often, "do I have to", "do I have to be believable", etc.
this is a roleplaying game, it says so on the rules page, and there's always going to be new people to talk to so that you don't have to wait on code updates for some sort of new experience
but the "me click man til horizontal unga valid" mindset is strong for some people
On a related note, people who expect others to read their minds about what they want, when they themselves don't communicate it. It's the difference between pointing at a pen and expecting it to be handed to you versus asking for the pen.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #684627

oranges wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:39 pm
mindstormy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm Creating MRP servers was a mistake. We should have just ever so slightly raised the mandated level of RP on tg servers across the board.
manuel is high rp

You just like to say things. That doesn't mean anything.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #684629

massa wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:42 pm
WHO WATCHES THE WATCHER
WE WATCH EACH OTHER
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #684631

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:38 pm
oranges wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:39 pm
manuel is high rp

You just like to say things. That doesn't mean anything.
it's pretty clear what it means if you look at the rules for those servers, which as an admin you should probably know.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #684635

oranges wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:54 pm
mindstormy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm You just like to say things. That doesn't mean anything.
it's pretty clear what it means if you look at the rules for those servers, which as an admin you should probably know.
You have to forgive Orange since its been about a year since he's actually played on TG. Really glad our inclusive forum allows you into the players club.
Image Image
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #684638

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:36 pm What are the most controversial beliefs in coding, policy, and gameplay styles.
I'm not looking for something that the vast majority of people think is bad, but it gets brought up often enough to get people's panties in a twist.
We are looking for truly the most decisive beliefs and topics.
I know this one!

Is it security meta protections..?

Oh oh! Is it uh... The meta gangs?

Is the Daily Double somewhere in the escalation category?

This gives me an idea...
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #684641

TheFinalPotato wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:01 am
Capsandi wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:36 amfastmos
What the fuck do people even mean by this. Anything that actually moves gas is fastmos: monstermos, auxmos, katmos, ZAS, FEA, fuckin nu-LINDA.
We have names man just use em. Least that way I can understand what's being said (even if half of em are named after their developers curse you monster)
gas move fast hurt brain make sad like try hold morning dew with hand except hand is station and dew slides through airlock fingers. Me think viscous gas make fires more cinematic, make cabin pressure more manageable in turn allow make breach ignorance more punishing. Less cold gas escape breach mean breach fire return to acute disaster environments not dilute semitruck danger. Holofan = crutch, speaks to intrinsic frustration managing gas current state. 3 year of fast gas still NO cure for firelock frustration? No complaints me hear when gas used to move 1 tile at time at run speed. Idk how gas moves what -mos is in these days. I stop gas development when honorless single tanker use my son nytril decomp reaction to war crime lead his execution by un crime no humanity. Me out mic down
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #684643

i hate coldmos but i don’t know if that’s controversial
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #684650

I am sick to bastard death of people screaming about how much they hate (insert new map here).

Please at least try to give good criticism instead of just IT SUCKS FUCK YOU.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684692

oranges really desperate for attention in this thread eh

so proud of most everyone to not take the bait
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684693

i like the new maps, but would still rather play on box/meta/delta

love northstars brig, absolute peak comfy
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #684718

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:49 am i like the new maps, but would still rather play on box/meta/delta

I haven't seen a part of Northstar I didn't like other than the maints.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #684722

It's okay for some shifts to be low threat as long as the crew makes it interesting. This idea of "every round needs to have 80% of the crew dead, 60% of the station destroyed as the survivors fend off xenos and nukies and spiders from the evac shuttle" I sometimes see when dynamic is brought up is stupid. The best way to ruin something is by having it over and over.

also, make goof head coder who can merge any and all code changes for one week; let's see how fucked the server can get.
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:49 am i like the new maps, but would still rather play on box/meta/delta

It feels like every new map is absolutely determined to be the opposite of meta to the point that they 180 on good metastation designs. (kinda felt this with birdbox to an extent.)

Like, please just have the kitchen and the bar next to each other. Stop putting them across the station from eachother, stop putting them on different z-levels, just put them together for pete's sake. I almost want to make a study to see if people visit the bar more when it's next to the kitchen.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #684723

Vekter wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:38 am

i actually LOVE THE MAINTS.

it feels like a fucking horror movies dark alleyway, it actually FEELS SCARY to walk through it

go ahead and scream for help.. no one will find you.
massa

Post by massa » #684760

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:59 am
Vekter wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:38 am

i actually LOVE THE MAINTS.

it feels like a fucking horror movies dark alleyway, it actually FEELS SCARY to walk through it

go ahead and scream for help.. no one will find you.
it is also very colorful, you move from purple to red shifts and dark tunnels, half the maints are half finished, there are some really interesting ways to move through maints on the ship.

ships good. one day we're going to really enjoy 3d ss13 in vr everyone.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #684764

massa wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:31 am half the maints are half finished
IM WORKING ON IT
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #684771

Striders13 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:53 am
IM WORKING ON IT
YOU LOADED EM UP THERE YOU UNLOAD EM
massa

Post by massa » #684815

Striders13 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:53 am
IM WORKING ON IT
NO LIKE THEY'RE INTENTIONALLY HALF FINISHED WITH INTERESTING BREAKPOINTS IN THE FLOOR AND STUFF, ROOMS IN PROGRESS LIKE A REAL VESSEL