Local Lizard Appeals to Higher Authority [Peanut]

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Local Lizard Appeals to Higher Authority [Peanut]

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #684672

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34021

Honestly, I got nothing for the title, I just wanted to make fun of the recent increasing trend of people demanding headmin review before they've even tried speaking to the admin in question.
Last edited by CMDR_Gungnir on Wed May 10, 2023 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Re: Local Man Appeals to Higher Authority [Peanut]

Post by Chadley » #684685

Slippery slope thinking the banning admin won't change their mind.
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #684695

The reason it's so funny to me is that every time, the Headmins just go "Talk to the banning admin first", all it really does is just make you look bad.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #684701

WHY IS IT NOT LOCAL LIZARD
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Rhials
Byond Username: TheDuffelbag

Post by Rhials » #684715

calling for a headmin review right off the bat for a "hey can you tone this down please" note is deranged

their last appeal doesn't exactly inspire the feeling that this note will be removed either
signature
-me

I've made all of your favorite PRs. Check 'em out!
CMDR_Gungnir

Re: Local Lizard Appeals to Higher Authority [Peanut]

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #684717

Archie700 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:07 am WHY IS IT NOT LOCAL LIZARD
What do you mean, it says it right there.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #684798

Muffin you need to learn some chill. I love seeing you ingame and don't want you to get perma'd
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #684806

Chadley wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:02 am Slippery slope thinking the banning admin won't change their mind.
This bit is truly bizarre if you can look behind the curtain, in the ahelp the admin makes it abundantly clear they're happy to discuss the note and it's wording. I don't know where they got the idea that "the admin made it clear they don't care to chance their mind."
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #684807

WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:07 pm
Chadley wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:02 am Slippery slope thinking the banning admin won't change their mind.
This bit is truly bizarre if you can look behind the curtain, in the ahelp the admin makes it abundantly clear they're happy to discuss the note and it's wording. I don't know where they got the idea that "the admin made it clear they don't care to chance their mind."
Translation: "The admin won't remove the note"
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #684810

Headmin review speedrun
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #684818

conrad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:58 pm Headmin review speedrun
Headmin Review
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #684820

i think that people are tempted to immediately ask for a headmin review because we've had cases where they argued for a few days and asked for a headmin review and it was untouched until the day before the term was up
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #684845

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:47 pm
conrad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:58 pm Headmin review speedrun
Headmin Review
Headmin Review
Spoiler:

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #684854

Call me toxic but I think if your appeal post immediately asks for a headmin review it should be denied on principle
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #684855

I’m willing to hear Muffin’s thoughts, I don’t want to send it to a headmin, please don’t refer things to a headmin before I can even say anything.

Sorry for posting here, I think I might get back luck for posting in my own thread, but I wanted to share my thoughts.
Last edited by Epicgamer545 on Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #684857

Headmin Review
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #684875

Epicgamer545 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 pm I’m willing to hear Muffin’s thoughts, I don’t want to send it to a headmin, please don’t refer things to a headmin before I can even say anything.

Sorry for posting here, I think I might get back luck for posting in my own thread, but I wanted to share my thoughts.
I will smash mirrors for you to get your luck stat back up dont worry
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #684878

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:24 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 pm I’m willing to hear Muffin’s thoughts, I don’t want to send it to a headmin, please don’t refer things to a headmin before I can even say anything.

I will smash mirrors for you to get your luck stat back up dont worry
POV: you put all your points in CHARISMA and now you have zero LUCK
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Muffindrake
Byond Username: Muffindrake

Post by Muffindrake » #684925

Headmin review

The peanut titles game is off the charts. Bravo.

Perhaps my request for a headmin review was a tad premature.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #684998

6.5/10 peanut title
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #685078

WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:40 pm 6.5/10 peanut title
2/10 peanut scoring.

"I wish to appeal to higher standards of peanut thread naming".

Improve, friend. Improve.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #685081

conrad wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:56 am
WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:40 pm 6.5/10 peanut title
2/10 peanut scoring.

"I wish to appeal to higher standards of peanut thread naming".

Improve, friend. Improve.
Headmin review
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #685105

Any Headmins here? We need a headmin to deal with this situation.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #685116

I'm glad things are being resolved amicably.
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:24 am Honestly, I got nothing for the title, I just wanted to make fun of the recent increasing trend of people demanding headmin review before they've even tried speaking to the admin in question.
Headmin review.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #685121

Epicgamer545 wrote: I genuinely tried to enforce MRP rules, and give additional reminders for people that seem to be not aware that they exist. Turns out, this doesn’t seem to deserve a note at all, given the circumstances.
THEN REMOVE THE FUCKING NOTE!

Christ ALMIGHTY. Why's it like pulling teeth? No one cares about your good-faith attempt to enforce the rules, you don't need to keep the note there as some bizarre way of justifying yourself. Is it a pride or an ego thing admins have, where if you apply a note or drag someone through the appeals process, you feel you need to be in the right or else you've wasted their time?

And no this doesn't read as a "documentation thing." It reads as a "user fucked up and validhunted" thing.
Was asked to review MRP Rule 4 about validhunting on MRP servers.
But even though it was admitted that's not what happened, it's there to ensure admins don't see a... "gap of information"? What does that even mean? What the HELL is going on over in Manuel.
Spoiler:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685155

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm THEN REMOVE THE FUCKING NOTE!
Allow me to respond to your post (sorry peanut thread gods).
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm Christ ALMIGHTY. Why's it like pulling teeth? No one cares about your good-faith attempt to enforce the rules, you don't need to keep the note there as some bizarre way of justifying yourself. Is it a pride or an ego thing admins have, where if you apply a note or drag someone through the appeals process, you feel you need to be in the right or else you've wasted their time?
The note… isn’t there to justify me. It’s there to let the admins know that the note existed, but was appealed and that the player was in the right. If anything, it only embarrasses me by leaving my mistake there for other admins to read. This is good. This enknowledges my mistake, not the players. This isn’t some “fuck this I’m the admin” type of situation, Sinful, this is more of a “hey, I screwed up, so I’m removing the pressure off from you and admitting my mistake”. The note remains because I want to be reminded of my mistake.

Notes aren’t bans. Notes are just reminders, IMO. If this was a ban I would be understandably outraged if I was the player in this situation. But the thing is, notes are not that big of a deal unless you plan on escalating your behavior. Thankfully, the false note I made no longer has a serverity, and I left it there for admins to read not for the sole purpose to demean the player.

I’m going to illiterate here, I was in the wrong with this note. The note no longer serves any value but as a reminder of my mistake and if any admin wants to research appeals and whatnot.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm And no this doesn't read as a "documentation thing." It reads as a "user fucked up and validhunted" thing.
I wanted to leave the original note behind so whoever reads it gets context for what I mistaken with. Of course, I can always negotiate with Muffin to change the note as needed. I’m not that good at clarity.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm But even though it was admitted that's not what happened, it's there to ensure admins don't see a... "gap of information"? What does that even mean? What the HELL is going on over in Manuel.
I don’t want to remove the note for the reasons I said above, but I also don’t want to remove it because I don’t want some admin to look through notes and see “oh, wait, where did that note go?” because despite what many hear or believe, we are not omnipresent. I didn’t leave it there to embarrass the player (ditto), and if it feels like that, I’m welcome to talk to them about what needs to be changed.

Also, don’t blame Manuel for this. Blame me.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #685173

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:05 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm THEN REMOVE THE FUCKING NOTE!
Allow me to respond to your post (sorry peanut thread gods).
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm Christ ALMIGHTY. Why's it like pulling teeth? No one cares about your good-faith attempt to enforce the rules, you don't need to keep the note there as some bizarre way of justifying yourself. Is it a pride or an ego thing admins have, where if you apply a note or drag someone through the appeals process, you feel you need to be in the right or else you've wasted their time?
The note… isn’t there to justify me. It’s there to let the admins know that the note existed, but was appealed and that the player was in the right. If anything, it only embarrasses me by leaving my mistake there for other admins to read. This is good. This enknowledges my mistake, not the players. This isn’t some “fuck this I’m the admin” type of situation, Sinful, this is more of a “hey, I screwed up, so I’m removing the pressure off from you and admitting my mistake”. The note remains because I want to be reminded of my mistake.

Notes aren’t bans. Notes are just reminders, IMO. If this was a ban I would be understandably outraged if I was the player in this situation. But the thing is, notes are not that big of a deal unless you plan on escalating your behavior. Thankfully, the false note I made no longer has a serverity, and I left it there for admins to read not for the sole purpose to demean the player.

I’m going to illiterate here, I was in the wrong with this note. The note no longer serves any value but as a reminder of my mistake and if any admin wants to research appeals and whatnot.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm And no this doesn't read as a "documentation thing." It reads as a "user fucked up and validhunted" thing.
I wanted to leave the original note behind so whoever reads it gets context for what I mistaken with. Of course, I can always negotiate with Muffin to change the note as needed. I’m not that good at clarity.
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm But even though it was admitted that's not what happened, it's there to ensure admins don't see a... "gap of information"? What does that even mean? What the HELL is going on over in Manuel.
I don’t want to remove the note for the reasons I said above, but I also don’t want to remove it because I don’t want some admin to look through notes and see “oh, wait, where did that note go?” because despite what many hear or believe, we are not omnipresent. I didn’t leave it there to embarrass the player (ditto), and if it feels like that, I’m welcome to talk to them about what needs to be changed.

Also, don’t blame Manuel for this. Blame me.
It would be much better if you stated flat out that the note has been rescinded and it should not be used for further action.

Also don't put it under low severity, since it's basically no longer going to be considered a valid note, no severity is the only thing it goes under.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #685179

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:05 pm The note… isn’t there to justify me. It’s there to let the admins know that the note existed, but was appealed and that the player was in the right.
Okay but that's... Not how notes work. If the appeal is successful and it was determined the player did nothing wrong, the note gets removed. It's definitely not serving as a punishment to you, the admin. If anything it's just fucking the player over for if they run into a similar issue again.

By the same logic would you keep the note of a ban in the player's note history even if the ban got overturned?
Spoiler:
maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

Post by maskenary » #685180

archie ur such a nerd wtf
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685181

► Show Spoiler
I’ll keep these both in mind.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #685182

Epicgamer, could I ask what the note is documented for? Is it for future admins to see? For the player?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685185

vect0r wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:49 pm Epicgamer, could I ask what the note is documented for? Is it for future admins to see? For the player?
For future admins to see; not solely for the player. Unless they want to track their appeals or whatnot.

I understand the note’s wording may not be so great, so I’ll consider discussing it later in the appeal.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #685186

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:55 pm
vect0r wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:49 pm Epicgamer, could I ask what the note is documented for? Is it for future admins to see? For the player?
For future admins to see; not solely for the player. Unless they want to track their appeals or whatnot.

I understand the note’s wording may not be so great, so I’ll consider discussing it later in the appeal.
What is your goal for future admins? Do you hope this note will change their decision making process? What do you hope an admin will do when they see this note?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #685188

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:55 pm

It has nothing to do with the note’s wording. Whoever taught you this is how notes worked taught you wrong.

You are just creating needless work for the headmins when they inevitably remove it because you yourself said the note shouldn’t have existed.
Spoiler:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685189

There are some points here I want to follow up on, but I want to wait until the appeal is over before I make a post here again (it makes me look dumb).

Keep in mind I’m hearing what you guys are saying, I just want to focus on the thing at hand. Sorry about the fuss.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #685190

Archie700 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:02 pm It would be much better if you stated flat out that the note has been rescinded and it should not be used for further action.

Also don't put it under low severity, since it's basically no longer going to be considered a valid note, no severity is the only thing it goes under.
Respectfully do not do this.

Low/No severity is not an excuse to put something that you dont think should be a warning on the player onto their log. Either they performed poorly and it should be considered in future interactions, or it can be deleted. Deleted notes (not expired ones) are still visible for logging purposes so it makes no sense to maintain notes in the suggested manner. Besides its already tracked via the complaint even if the website has changed.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #685191

Epicgamer545 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:38 pm There are some points here I want to follow up on, but I want to wait until the appeal is over before I make a post here again (it makes me look dumb).

Keep in mind I’m hearing what you guys are saying, I just want to focus on the thing at hand. Sorry about the fuss.
No problem! I just want you to think about what your note is trying to represent. If it isn't meant to be used in an admins argument for banning somebody, why have it? It's a bit like noting somebody for "opening a firelock" or "Setting up supermatter as non-antag". It got appealed, and you accepted the appeal, so why break from what almost every other admin does and just remove it?
Just think about what keeping this does compared to just removing it.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #685203

Cobby wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:40 pm
Archie700 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:02 pm It would be much better if you stated flat out that the note has been rescinded and it should not be used for further action.

Respectfully do not do this.

Low/No severity is not an excuse to put something that you dont think should be a warning on the player onto their log. Either they performed poorly and it should be considered in future interactions, or it can be deleted. Deleted notes (not expired ones) are still visible for logging purposes so it makes no sense to maintain notes in the suggested manner. Besides its already tracked via the complaint even if the website has changed.
You're right, I didn't think deleted notes would be still be visible.
maskenary wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:36 pm archie ur such a nerd wtf
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #685252

On MRP, I have a preference to enforce the MRP rules, and, this is what I wanted to do here.
MRP and its consequences have been a disaster for /tg/station.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)