Dr. Quinn Does Weird Science

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Dr. Quinn Does Weird Science

Post by Chadley » #686586

Bottom post of the previous page:

*GASP*

Oh, hey. It's you. Sorry, I've been pretty tired recently. I haven't gotten much sleep since working on my dissertation on the broken clock theory.

It's coming along, but the research isn't all there yet.

Hm? Oh. What's that? That's just ekat.

I'm trying to figure out how one man can make this many bad takes. I've had to sift through a lot of really really shitty statements. One of these has gotta be right...

Sometimes I thought I found one, but then I realize it was a quote. This guy gets into a lot of fights.
ekaterina wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:20 pm
conrad wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:12 pm I admire Ekaterina's willpower to be wrong all the time and die on every hill they stand.
You can repeat the lie that I'm wrong over and over as many times as you want and I'll still be right.
Plug your ears and cover your eyes while you do it so you can look even more like a child throwing a tantrum over hearing the truth that you dislike.
And some of them are just really bad...
ekaterina wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:54 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:37 pmi genuinely think multi-z is a mistake and that the game would be better off without it.
You should have campaigned on a platform of taking multi-Z maps off the rotation. You'd have won in a landslide lmao.
I don't even understand this one.
ekaterina wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:54 pm Cyborgs are conversion antags.
... I know it's bait, it's just like...
ekaterina wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:54 pm I have an idea! How about we just print money? What could possibly go wrong?

*sigh*

Y'know forumites. I'm on page 6 now, and I still can't find anything correct that he said-

Hey... Where did he go..?

OH FUCK!

Last edited by Chadley on Sun May 21, 2023 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Chadley

Re: Dr. Quinn Does Weird Science

Post by Chadley » #686986

Aw shit. Swing by my office later sinful. We can talk about your feelings!

*picks up the gun once more.

Anyone else have an issue with me putting down Ekat old yeller style?
► Show Spoiler
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #686987

Sinfulbliss's distraction gave me enough time to break the cable ties and shove Armodias, making her drop her gun. >:)
Last words, bozo?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #686989

wtf happened
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #686990

I object
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #686991

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:46 pm I object
What? Why?

Did he make a correct take and I just missed it?
► Show Spoiler
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #686992

Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:39 pm Anyone else have an issue with me putting down Ekat old yeller style?
Wait! Chadley don't do it! We can't kill him yet, we need to find out how one can be so consistently wrong!
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #686994

Riggle wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:48 pm
Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:39 pm Anyone else have an issue with me putting down Ekat old yeller style?
Wait! Chadley don't do it! We can't kill him yet, we need to find out how one can be so consistently wrong!
HOT DAMN!

You're so right. My research must continue.
ekaterina wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:40 pm Sinfulbliss's distraction gave me enough time to break the cable ties and shove Armodias, making her drop her gun. >:)
Last words, bozo?
PROVE ME WRONG, EKAT. GO ON. PROVE THAT YOU CAN BE RIGHT YOU BRAINSLUG YOU!

What could go wrong right?
► Show Spoiler
Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #686997

Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 pm
What? Why?

His take on that one admin he eviscerated during the last election was justified. But also, you have to consider that you don't want a bunch of like-minded (or those with the "correct" take in this case?) people to be the only voices on a private forum. It eventually results in real nasty circlejerking, and by having a variety of opinions circulated, you keep the balance of the universe intact.

Now, there's not a lot of forum posters on this "wrong' side of the fence, so if you kill ekat, Sinful has to craft takes twice as spicy as his are currently, which will get him banned by an admin who will nail him with several offenses in a row without talking to him first. Once that's done, the circlejerk will be completed and the descension begins. You don't want to see what happens afterwards.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #686998

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:01 pm
Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 pm
What? Why?

His take on that one admin he eviscerated during the last election was justified. But also, you have to consider that you don't want a bunch of like-minded (or those with the "correct" take in this case?) people to be the only voices on a private forum. It eventually results in real nasty circlejerking, and by having a variety of opinions circulated, you keep the balance of the universe intact.

Now, there's not a lot of forum posters on this "wrong' side of the fence, so if you kill ekat, Sinful has to craft takes twice as spicy as his are currently, which will get him banned by an admin who will nail him with several offenses in a row without talking to him first. Once that's done, the circlejerk will be completed and the descension begins. You don't want to see what happens afterwards.
Dear God.....
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686999

I can confirm Indiana’s hypothesis. Ekat is indeed a very helpful buffer.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #687002

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:01 pm His take on that one admin he eviscerated during the last election was justified.
What take was that?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #687007

Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 pm [...]

Kawoppi, I know what I need to do and I can't have you stopping me....
I'm not here to interfere. Just know that the board won't be happy about this... Things haven't been the same after that whole Board At The End Of The Universe fiasco. Whatever restraint they had, it's gone now. I hope you can publish your research in time. Maybe it'll make them realize they can't just "undo" whatever they want.
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #687008

NoxVS wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:41 pm What take was that?
ekat's post on iain0's headmin campaign thread. There was couple of things that happened prior to the election which warranted someone coming out and mentioning them. Perhaps he was harsh in the way he said it, yes, but I thought ekat was entirely justified in doing so.
Last edited by Indie-ana Jones on Tue May 23, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #687009

kawoppi wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:55 pm
Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 pm [...]

Kawoppi, I know what I need to do and I can't have you stopping me....
I'm not here to interfere. Just know that the board won't be happy about this... Things haven't been the same after that whole Board At The End Of The Universe fiasco. Whatever restraint they had, it's gone now. I hope you can publish your research in time. Maybe it'll make them realize they can't just "undo" whatever they want.
I'm breaking ground on the broken clock theory. This is paramount to the survival and longevity of forumites!
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #687031

there are horrible, horrible things on this earth of ours that a single tiny handgun won't kill

try using a bigger gun, chadley
it's best to avoid the possibility of ekaterina developing bullet resistance, they've already developed resistance to good takes
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #687060

wubli wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:32 pm
[2023-05-21 06:55:07.386] GAME-OOC: Armodias/(Armodias) "What happened to girls supporting girls, wubli?" (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:55:13.212] GAME-OOC: Wubli/(Wubli) "i suppor womens wrongs.. true.." (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:56:06.170] GAME-OOC: Ekaterina von Russland/(Ekaterina von Russland) ""what happened to supporting someone just because she has the same gender as you" oh, you mean sexism?" (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:56:10.670] GAME-OOC: Ekaterina von Russland/(Ekaterina von Russland) "Didn't we get rid of that like 40 years ago?" (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:56:26.503] GAME-OOC: Wubli/(Wubli) "add that one to the list of bad takes" (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:56:38.671] GAME-OOC: Ekaterina von Russland/(Ekaterina von Russland) "Supporting sexism is a bad take" (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:56:52.773] GAME-OOC: Wubli/(Wubli) "no one said that youre so funny" (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:57:01.089] GAME-OOC: Ekaterina von Russland/(Ekaterina von Russland) "Armodias did." (start area (8,248,1))
[2023-05-21 06:57:06.877] GAME-OOC: Ekaterina von Russland/(Ekaterina von Russland) "The so called virginley." (start area (8,248,1))

i am still convinced that ekat is pulling the most massive bait of all time (because my first theory of ekat being created by sinfulbliss to punish the players club after his removal may not bear fruit) and the dedication to staying in character even in the ingame OOC is just wow. I thought I was too into playing a character
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687068

TheLoLSwat wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:31 am i am still convinced that ekat is pulling the most massive bait of all time (because my first theory of ekat being created by sinfulbliss to punish the players club after his removal may not bear fruit) and the dedication to staying in character even in the ingame OOC is just wow. I thought I was too into playing a character
I don’t think this is the case. Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.

Good advice for everyone (particularly those with +BAN)… Never assume how someone acts on forums vs Discord vs in-game is transferable. People can act wildly different on each.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #687083

At least they're not Evola Vickers.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?