Bottled anger peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Bottled anger peanut

Post by MooCow12 » #687333

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34122

What did they mean by sec trying to arrest them for having bubblegum gear though?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Re: Bottled anger peanut

Post by Capsandi » #687336

should be a 10 day ban and appealing a 1:1 death to day is cringe very clear cut but I like the title
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687337

Im mostly curious about what happened to result in the bottle being used, i dont know the full story but if sec instigated a conflict against a shaft miner who only has lethal tools for their job shouldnt they also get in trouble for provoking someone else into using their gear?

Yes the shaft miner shouldnt have used it and was rightfully banned but the time it takes to go into stamcrit is very short no matter how armored you are and the only thing that can save you from a stun baton is a oneclick wonder....surely sec are aware of the powerful tools at their disposal along with the shaftminers? So why randomly direct their 2 hit baton and send their victim into a panic?

Unless ofcourse the appealer lied and only made it seem like sec wanted to just take their gear for themselves.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
Medic
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: EnderSub9

Post by Medic » #687341

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:32 am What did they mean by sec trying to arrest them for having bubblegum gear though?
Honestly I have no clue about this, I wasn't watching the situation as I was dealing with something else at the time and only jumped to the shuttle after seeing the mayhem in a bottle get used.
MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:40 am Im mostly curious about what happened to result in the bottle being used, i dont know the full story but if sec instigated a conflict against a shaft miner who only has lethal tools for their job shouldnt they also get in trouble for provoking someone else into using their gear?

Yes the shaft miner shouldnt have used it and was rightfully banned but the time it takes to go into stamcrit is very short no matter how armored you are and the only thing that can save you from a stun baton is a oneclick wonder....surely sec are aware of the powerful tools at their disposal along with the shaftminers? So why randomly direct their 2 hit baton and send their victim into a panic?

Unless ofcourse the appealer lied and only made it seem like sec wanted to just take their gear for themselves.
Mayhem in a bottle is in no way a proper reaction to an attempted arrest, it's the same reason why self defense maxcaps aren't allowed.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687342

Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:50 am Mayhem in a bottle is in no way a proper reaction to an attempted arrest, it's the same reason why self defense maxcaps aren't allowed.
nowhere did i endorse it, but if you are a sec officer and you are randomly attacking a shaft miner or any job that struggles to fight back one on one nonlethally and instead only has aoe warcrimes....just why? Its a shitty move to abuse the fact that they have no tools that they are allowed to fight back with unless they are an antag...wouldnt that be a form of antag checking then?

Security are given extremely powerful tools to detain people and they have a responsibility that comes with it (no random searching/looting)

So all i care about here really is what are the intentions of the security officer. It doesn`t quite seem like only one person should get in trouble here.
Spoiler:
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687348

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:52 am
Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:50 am Mayhem in a bottle is in no way a proper reaction to an attempted arrest, it's the same reason why self defense maxcaps aren't allowed.
nowhere did i endorse it, but if you are a sec officer and you are randomly attacking a shaft miner or any job that struggles to fight back one on one and instead only has aoe warcrimes....just why? Its a shitty move to abuse the fact that they have no tools that they are allowed to fight back with unless they are an antag...wouldnt that be a form of antag checking then?
Shaft miners definitely have ways to fight back besides bottled mayhem, but you are correct that randomly arresting someone as security without a proper reason would be griefing. Of course this assumes that this was truly a random arrest and there's not more context that justifies it that we are both missing.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #687349

im pretty sure the miner said he'd use the bottle of mayhem prior to being arrested
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687350

Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:50 am Shaft miners definitely have ways to fight back besides bottled mayhem,
Can you list off viable tools/weapons to fight back with that you can quickly use after you are stun batoned in order to win the fight BEFORE the next stun baton hit gets through? Im not well educated on the tools that shaft miners have to fight stun combat and what other ways the shaft miner could have reacted to the situation in order to get out of it.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri May 26, 2023 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687351

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:59 am im pretty sure the miner said he'd use the bottle of mayhem prior to being arrested
Oh so he antagonized everyone it seems like?

well he did antagonize everyone (literally) when he smashed the bottle but you know what i mean.
Spoiler:
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #687353

11:18:30 GAME-SAY Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) "want me to break this mayhem in a bottle" (219, 125, 3) Emergency Shuttle
11:18:54 ATTACK Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) stun attacked Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 100) (220, 124, 3) Emergency Shuttle
11:18:55 ATTACK Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) shoved Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100) (220, 124, 3) Emergency Shuttle
11:18:56 ATTACK Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) activated a bottle of mayhem (219, 126, 3) Emergency Shuttle

logs snipped and taken out of context here but this is the sequence of events

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/206899
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687354

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:59 am
Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:50 am Shaft miners definitely have ways to fight back besides bottled mayhem,
Can you list off viable tools/weapons to fight back with that you can quickly use after you are stun batoned in order to win the fight BEFORE the next stun baton hit gets through? Im not well educated on the tools that shaft miners have to fight stun combat and what other ways the shaft miner could have reacted to the situation.
Simply putting distance between yourself and the security officer and using your PKA would be a much better way to fight back with far less collateral. There's also the even better idea of ahelping "security just arrested me for no reason please help" as if there was truly no reason for the arrest it becomes improper escalation.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687357

BeeSting12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:03 am 11:18:30 GAME-SAY Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) "want me to break this mayhem in a bottle" (219, 125, 3) Emergency Shuttle
11:18:54 ATTACK Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) stun attacked Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 100) (220, 124, 3) Emergency Shuttle
11:18:55 ATTACK Wolfmoy/(Sun Catton) shoved Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100) (220, 124, 3) Emergency Shuttle
11:18:56 ATTACK Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) activated a bottle of mayhem (219, 126, 3) Emergency Shuttle

logs snipped and taken out of context here but this is the sequence of events

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/206899

Okay so context is pointing at the sec officer

1 reading and reacting to what bell finkle said
2 moving in and chasing/approaching bell finkle
3 finally getting the stun baton hit in

in the span of the 14 seconds that passed since bell said that (which is a realistic timeframe)

so ya i think that sums it up the sec officer was probably in the right.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri May 26, 2023 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687358

Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:50 am Simply putting distance between yourself and the security officer and using your PKA would be a much better way to fight back
How would you generate distance after the first stun baton hit came through? and again i dont endorse the bottle i just want to know methods that are both viable and legal.
Spoiler:
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687359

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:08 am
Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:50 am Simply putting distance between yourself and the security officer and using your PKA would be a much better way to fight back
How would you generate distance after the first stun baton hit came through? and again i dont endorse the bottle i just want to know methods that are both viable and legal.
I concede that there really is no great way to put distance between yourself and someone with a stun baton and the best option in the case of a for no reason arrest(which this has been proven to not be) would be to ahelp it.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #687360

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:08 am
You don't. See rule 10. We don't allow nonantag scientists or chemists to suicide bomb the antag that's killing them if it will cause collateral damage, don't see why a miner would be able to do something similar on a crowded shuttle for an arrest. Just because you CAN does not mean you SHOULD. Sometimes there's no legal counterplay.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687361

So i really am alone in being able to counter stuff like this with my mixture of knockback chems and circuits and the jobs that are often seen as the strongest are often the weakest, makes me wonder.
Spoiler:
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687364

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:17 am So i really am alone in being able to counter stuff like this with my mixture of knockback chems and circuits and the jobs that are often seen as the strongest are often the weakest, makes me wonder.
God dammit you weren't asking all of that to figure out the admin approved counter-play to security but instead to confirm your chemist supreme theory weren't you.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #687366

Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:23 am
God dammit you weren't asking all of that to figure out the admin approved counter-play to security but instead to confirm your chemist supreme theory weren't you.
I also use suicide bombs that fix their own breaches now because i mix metalfoam in them c:
Spoiler:
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687368

MooCow12 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:25 am
Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:23 am
I also use suicide bombs that fix their own breaches now because i mix metalfoam in them c:
Too strong for avoiding bans, to ensure ban quotas are still met metalfoam chems are now destroyed when present in any explosive reaction
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #687378

welcome to players club medic enjoy your stay
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687379

Archie700 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:20 am welcome to players club medic enjoy your stay
Thank you Archie, I figured I had a responsibility to chime in on my own peanut thread.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687397

Might be crazy but how is mayhem in a bottle like a maxcap? No one has to attack anyone else once it pops. I mean people generally start chainsawing each other but there's nothing FORCING them to.

IMO nonantags should be allowed to use it but I know headmins at some past term ruled they can't.
Spoiler:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #687399

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:28 am Might be crazy but how is mayhem in a bottle like a maxcap? No one has to attack anyone else once it pops. I mean people generally start chainsawing each other but there's nothing FORCING them to.

IMO nonantags should be allowed to use it but I know headmins at some past term ruled they can't.

You have still just turned everyone into rampaging psychopaths. You can't use "well they could just not rip and tear" because the argument counters any reason to use mayhem in the first place.

If you use mayhem in a bottle and you DON'T want people to start brutalising eachother, then why did you use it?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687404

Lacran wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:07 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:28 am Might be crazy but how is mayhem in a bottle like a maxcap? No one has to attack anyone else once it pops. I mean people generally start chainsawing each other but there's nothing FORCING them to.

You have still just turned everyone into rampaging psychopaths. You can't use "well they could just not rip and tear" because the argument counters any reason to use mayhem in the first place.

If you use mayhem in a bottle and you DON'T want people to start brutalising eachother, then why did you use it?
they decide whether or not to be rampaging psychopaths

maybe you use it because it's like an ultimate smoke grenade where you no longer can be cuffed/stunned/pursued (everyone looks the same, stuns don't work, etc), it just puts a full freeze into any interactions you were having previously (which, if a seccie was tryna fuck with you 4noraisin, probably is very useful)
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #687405

"It's ok because each and every individual affected could have chosen not to kill others when I gave them a free pass to kill each other without being punished for it" is not a good excuse.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687407

Archie700 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:36 am "It's ok because each and every individual affected could have chosen not to kill others when I gave them a free pass to kill each other without being punished for it" is not a good excuse.
I would like to call into question whether or not it's truly a "free pass." Does it give you a hypno objective? An antag HUD? Nothing? It's just flavortext? If it's just the flavortext "RIP AND TEAR" then I would like to share an anecdote of a time a wizard used a spell that caused me to get a "YOUR MIND SHATTERS... KILL EVERYONE" flavortext in giant rainbow colors. I ahelped and was told it was just flufftext. Isn't this the same?

Now you might say, "well it's commonsense you get a free pass it literally glues a chainsaw to your hands and tells you to rip and tear." If that's the case then perhaps people shouldn't fuck with the guy that has mayhem in a bottle lest they wish for their surroundings to become mayhem in a bottle.
Spoiler:
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #687409

So sin you think, and I wanna get this clear here.

That the onus of responsibility for mayhem in a bottle should be on the sec officer that tried to stop it, and on every single player. Besides the player that used it?

Mayhem in a bottle creates complete mayhem, the responsibility is on the player that put every single other player in that situation.

Do you really think after someone triggers mayhem in a bottle it would be reasonable to assume business as usual?

Doesn't it make more sense for the person that started the fucking mayhem be responsible?
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #687410

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:43 am
Archie700 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:36 am "It's ok because each and every individual affected could have chosen not to kill others when I gave them a free pass to kill each other without being punished for it" is not a good excuse.
I would like to call into question whether or not it's truly a "free pass." Does it give you a hypno objective? An antag HUD? Nothing? It's just flavortext? If it's just the flavortext "RIP AND TEAR" then I would like to share an anecdote of a time a wizard used a spell that caused me to get a "YOUR MIND SHATTERS... KILL EVERYONE" flavortext in giant rainbow colors. I ahelped and was told it was just flufftext. Isn't this the same?

Now you might say, "well it's commonsense you get a free pass it literally glues a chainsaw to your hands and tells you to rip and tear." If that's the case then perhaps people shouldn't fuck with the guy that has mayhem in a bottle lest they wish for their surroundings to become mayhem in a bottle.
Do the people who kill during mayhem get banned?
No?
Then it's a free pass. A temporary one, but a free pass to kill nonetheless.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #687413

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGgD4v1DKk this is what the mayhem bottle does
respect (let him do his thing)
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687415

kinnebian wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:41 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGgD4v1DKk this is what the mayhem bottle does
This fails to demonstrate it making every other player look like a slaughter demon, otherwise it's accurate.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #687417

Using kinnebian's video as support, I'd like you to read the following note the Mayhem in a Bottle has on the wiki:
You really shouldn't use this as a non-antag. The 'RIP AND TEAR' objective overrides any allegiances.
This implies that the object gives players a sort of antag objective, which is a higher tier above brainwashing, construct orders and silicon laws.

With that in mind, failing to follow your objective could be seen as FailRP, because if an antagonist used the item but no one began killing each other, then what's the point of it being in the game in the first place? An item that, mind you, especifically states as your objective:
KILL, KILL, KILL! YOU HAVE NO ALLIES ANYMORE, KILL THEM ALL!
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #687426

He released his inner demon, causing 10 people to die instantly
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #687431

yea no, obviously it gives you a pass to kill or the item just doesn't function. come on sinful.
"sorry bro i know someone broke a bottle that told you to kill everyone and glued a chainsaw to your hands, but you killed someone without rule 4 protection or escalation so i'm going to have to ban you." -things no admin will ever say
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #687435

Knowingly and maliciously breaking the rules because you made up the rule that you're allowed to use whatever dangerous object you find just screams bad faith.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #687436

Knowingly and maliciously breaking the rules because you made up the rule that you're allowed to use whatever dangerous object you find just screams bad faith.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #687444

It's a rare enough item that I think this is incident is kind of funny and I would have allowed it.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #687448

Cheshify wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:30 pm Knowingly and maliciously breaking the rules because you made up the rule that you're allowed to use whatever dangerous object you find just screams bad faith.
you can say that again
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #687449

Cheshify wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:30 pm Knowingly and maliciously breaking the rules because you made up the rule that you're allowed to use whatever dangerous object you find just screams bad faith.
you can say that again
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #687452

mindstormy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:02 pm It's a rare enough item that I think this is incident is kind of funny and I would have allowed it.
It isn't to the people who got killed by it and found out that a nonantag did it
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #687453

he went sicko mode
help
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #687456

Archie700 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:10 pm
mindstormy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:02 pm It's a rare enough item that I think this is incident is kind of funny and I would have allowed it.
It isn't to the people who got killed by it and found out that a nonantag did it
I would have had a fun time. :(
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687472

Fren256 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:36 pm
You really shouldn't use this as a non-antag. The 'RIP AND TEAR' objective overrides any allegiances.
This implies that the object gives players a sort of antag objective, which is a higher tier above brainwashing, construct orders and silicon laws.

With that in mind, failing to follow your objective could be seen as FailRP, because if an antagonist used the item but no one began killing each other, then what's the point of it being in the game in the first place? An item that, mind you, especifically states as your objective:
The megafauna wiki page is not policy so all of this is kind of moot. Why would the bottle of mayhem's flavortext qualify as a forced objective whereas the "your mind shatters... [DO BAD THING]" flavortext is flufftext?
datorangebottle wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:19 pm yea no, obviously it gives you a pass to kill or the item just doesn't function. come on sinful.
"sorry bro i know someone broke a bottle that told you to kill everyone and glued a chainsaw to your hands, but you killed someone without rule 4 protection or escalation so i'm going to have to ban you." -things no admin will ever say
Because it's sort of just implied that everyone can kill each other with mayhem in a bottle. AFAIK it's not sketched into policy, it's just commonsense so admins treat it as if it were a real objective. But if it's not technically required that everyone kill each other then it definitely can't be compared to a maxcap.
pretty much this in sum
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #687474

I've been bwoinked for a Mayhem in a Bottle going off before and standing aside to try and calm everyone down.

No note for it, because I went "Oh fuck okay I didn't realize we weren't allowed to know that the Demon standing suspiciously where John was 5 seconds ago isn't John, I'll do it proper next time o7" but it's Definitely A Thing.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687476

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:25 pm

I've been bwoinked for a Mayhem in a Bottle going off before and standing aside to try and calm everyone down.

No note for it, because I went "Oh fuck okay I didn't realize we weren't allowed to know that the Demon standing suspiciously where John was 5 seconds ago isn't John, I'll do it proper next time o7" but it's Definitely A Thing.
I mean I can see it being against roleplay rules, but by the same token it would also be against roleplay rules for me to ignore my hallucinations that someone turned into a carp and all sorts of others.
Spoiler:
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687477

The real solution here is making mayhem in a bottle antag only or removing it all together but that's closer to a code issue not a policy one.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #687478

Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:32 pm The real solution here is making mayhem in a bottle antag only or removing it all together but that's closer to a code issue not a policy one.
Please no
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #687479

sorry i'm late
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #687480

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 pm Image

sorry i'm late
Don't forget the free space and the sinful posting
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #687481

lol i love that he tries to casually explain to the admin that shuttle EORG is fine
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #687482

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:24 pm
Fren256 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:36 pm

The megafauna wiki page is not policy so all of this is kind of moot. Why would the bottle of mayhem's flavortext qualify as a forced objective whereas the "your mind shatters... [DO BAD THING]" flavortext is flufftext?
datorangebottle wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:19 pm yea no, obviously it gives you a pass to kill or the item just doesn't function. come on sinful.
Because it's sort of just implied that everyone can kill each other with mayhem in a bottle. AFAIK it's not sketched into policy, it's just commonsense so admins treat it as if it were a real objective. But if it's not technically required that everyone kill each other then it definitely can't be compared to a maxcap.
pretty much this in sum
The fact that it gives people the option of killing each other with no repercussion for 2 minutes is why it's considered griefing to use it as a non-antag to begin with.
Not everyone is going to do nothing during those two minutes and trying to justify using it in any way except antag tricks is a hard sell AT BEST because people killing each other is the entire point of this item.
As long as a few people start killing, it's going to turn into a deathmatch.
Medic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:25 pm What's fun for you might not be fun for other people on the shuttle, believe it or not not everyone wants to be suddenly thrust into a deathmatch.